Constantine

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Constantine

Postby Fsiphskilm » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:02 pm

[img]http:/
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Stephen » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:09 pm

Actually I did not get that vibe after watching a dvd thing from bestbuy. Had a big preview thing on it. I will be seeing the movie Tuesday so I will post what I think then.
Stephen

Postby Fsiphskilm » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:12 pm

"God is lik
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Stephen » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:16 pm

So don't watch it. Its based on the comic Hellblazer I belive it was called. To me, it seemed akin to the exorisist. Its entertainment...nothing more.
Stephen

Postby Fsiphskilm » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:40 pm

I guess, d
Fsiphskilm

Postby Elric_kun » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:51 pm

i cant wait to see this movie X3

and Volt, please stop judging movies before you see them
Elric_kun

Postby chibi_chan » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:02 am

I'm gonna see it tommorow or the next day X3 me and E-kun both are dying to see this movie.
happy go luck monkey!
ImageImage

akai tsuki wo nagameteta kara nakitai hodo boku no fuan wa
itsumo kioku no katasumi ni kasabuta mitai ni nokoru yo
itai kurai kirei datta kedo hikari no naka no boku no kage wo
ano takai kanransha de dareka ga waratta ki ga shita

hitsuji no kigurumi wo kita mama yaseta otoko no ko ga odokete
haku iki wo shiroku sasete inoru youni te wo awaseta
ano ko to sora no aida ni wa toumei na nanika ga aru kara
kitto negai wa todokanai sukoshi samuku naru yuuenchi

nanimokamo uso ni naru daremo inaku naru

boku no naka no boku wo itsuka katai GARASU bin ni tsumete
hi no ataru niwa no kadan ni koneko to issho ni umeyou
mizutamari ni utsuru kao wa tsumetai ame de gushagusha ni
chigireteitta ato ni tada no iro ni kawaridashita yo

maboroshi no BERU ga nari keshiki ga kasumi daseba

chigireteitta ato ni tada no iro ni kawaridasu yo

yasashiku gin'iro no ame ga machi no subete ni furisosogu
michi no haji de sagashiteita boku wo yatto mitsuketa
isu no ue ni hana no ue ni ashi ga nai roba no senaka ni
komakai ame ga furisosogu boku no ue ni mo _____.
song: Hontou no Uso by PLastic Tree lyrics:anime lyrics
chibi_chan

Postby Jasdero » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:06 am

@_@ I must see.... Constantine... \ *O* / I WILL SEE IT TODAY!!!!
× s h i n i e s , y e s ? ×

does it not burn... LIKE THE SUN?!
Jasdero

Postby Fsiphskilm » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:11 am

[quote="Elric_
Fsiphskilm

Postby lionheart » Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:02 am

What's with the strange pic.? :eh:
Anyway I read the fotf review for it, and it sounded like it could be a really cool movie at first. But I lost interest after hearing how (in my opinion) they messed up alot of things that could have been really cool if done the right way. :bang:
"What kind of farmer are you who goes armed like a pirate?"-Jublain from Sackett's Land
lionheart

Postby Orange Kitten » Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:13 am

Volt wrote:I guess, dunno. I'm just tired of my expectations rising when I hear of a new Spiritual/Scriptural Movie in the works. Only to find that it's a disapointing peice of garbage, once again contemplated by the world of Seculars who make fun of us christians behind our backs.

I know it's just a movie, but it's a constant Tease for christians. One day we won't even care anymore.

Comon, it's Hollywood...do you expect good, honest spiritual movies to come out of that? Hollywood is filled with athiests and half of the Jewish population lol

And besides...It's got Keanu Reeves in it, how good could Constantine be? :lol:
"Destroy all that which is evil, so that which is good may flourish" - The Boondock Saints

"Man creates dolls in his own image. If God exists, it's possible that we're all just dolls to him." - Evangelion (episode 22)

AMV.org Profile
Orange Kitten

Postby bigsleepj » Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:29 am

Orange Kitten wrote:Comon, it's Hollywood...do you expect good, honest spiritual movies to come out of that? Hollywood is filled with athiests and half of the Jewish population lol

And besides...It's got Keanu Reeves in it, how good could Constantine be? :lol:

Atheists smatheists. Atheists are small patatoes. Its filled with Scientologists. :grin:
bigsleepj

Postby Technomancer » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:17 am

I still can't believe they cast Keanu for the role. ugh. Chances are it'll be just a crappy adaptation of a good comic. I'm going to wait a while and see what the word is on the moive before I decide to see it or not.
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby Cap'n Nick » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:10 am

When I saw the previews I groaned because I knew it would be the kind of spiritually troubling movie that my friends would never let me get out of seeing. Sure enough I've been roped into a showing tonight. I'll give it a chance, though, and maybe say something more coherent once I've seen it.

A funny(?) story: I mentioned the movie to my pastor and he said that he was thinking of organizing a youth group outing to go see it. Apparently he thought it was in the vein of Alexander and was a movie about the Roman emperor of the same name. Whoops!

So what do you all think of the portrayal of spiritual creatures in movies? To me it's actually more offensive than a secular movie because it puts angels and demons on the same level as vampires and werewolves. It's like, "Frankenstein! Dracula! God!"
Cap'n Nick

Postby rocklobster » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:28 am

Yeah, know what you call an atheist in a coffin? A guy all dressed up with no place to go.
rocklobster

Postby Fsiphskilm » Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:46 am

ROFL.. yes S
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fsiphskilm

Postby K. Ayato » Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:51 am

Hey Volt, I just came back from reading the review on http://www.pluggedinonline.com, which is a Christian review place for movies, DVDs, and music. It outlined the movie, including any violent, spiritual, or sexual content. I still would probably want to see it, if I ever get over how weird it is overall.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Technomancer » Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:07 pm

Volt wrote:Thank Gosh. I think Keanu is talentless when it comes to acting. I have no idea how he's made it to hollywood with his Bland, Emotionless, Monotone acting skills. His face is plastered into one expression and doesn't change... ever.

True, but I just can't picture him playing John Constantine with any sort of fidelity to the role. Of course, they've also Americanized the film too so the settings going to be all fouled up.
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby Fsiphskilm » Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:07 pm

Wasn't John s
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Hitokiri » Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:33 pm

Volt wrote:Thank Gosh. I think Keanu is talentless when it comes to acting. I have no idea how he's made it to hollywood with his Bland, Emotionless, Monotone acting skills. His face is plastered into one expression and doesn't change... ever.

I guess thats what everybody likes about him ::shrugs::

I thought it looked good when I saw a preview but after reading into it, I don't think it looks good. Sorry but the entire fighting the demons thing doesn't intrest me when it's not done Biblically.
Hitokiri

Postby Technomancer » Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:27 pm

Volt wrote:Wasn't John suppose to be british? And this takes place in London or something?

He is. The American entertainment industry does that sort of thing a lot.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby Jeikobu » Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:06 pm

Hitokiri wrote:Sorry but the entire fighting the demons thing doesn't intrest me when it's not done Biblically.

Exactly, I totally agree.
When I look into seeing something, I don't just review the visible details. I also try to listen for the voice of the Holy Spirit. And this one looks really dark spiritually. I will NEVER see this one. "Hell wants him, heaven won't take him, earth needs him." Doesn't that sum it up? And after hearing about it mocking God, there isn't a snowball's chance in a hell that I would give a rip about seeing this film.
"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders; and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6

[SIZE="3"]Please give and help Japan during this awful time![/SIZE]

Please visit my Photobucket and tell me what you think!
Jeikobu

Postby chibi_chan » Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:23 pm

I like Keanu Reeves T_T........

And it's just a movie it's meant to be pure fantasy, you shouldnen't take it so seirously. >.>
happy go luck monkey!
ImageImage

akai tsuki wo nagameteta kara nakitai hodo boku no fuan wa
itsumo kioku no katasumi ni kasabuta mitai ni nokoru yo
itai kurai kirei datta kedo hikari no naka no boku no kage wo
ano takai kanransha de dareka ga waratta ki ga shita

hitsuji no kigurumi wo kita mama yaseta otoko no ko ga odokete
haku iki wo shiroku sasete inoru youni te wo awaseta
ano ko to sora no aida ni wa toumei na nanika ga aru kara
kitto negai wa todokanai sukoshi samuku naru yuuenchi

chigireteitta ato ni tada no iro ni kawaridashita yo

maboroshi no BERU ga nari keshiki ga kasumi daseba

chigireteitta ato ni tada no iro ni kawaridasu yo

yasashiku gin'iro no ame ga machi no subete ni furisosogu
michi no haji de sagashiteita boku wo yatto mitsuketa
isu no ue ni hana no ue ni ashi ga nai roba no senaka ni
komakai ame ga furisosogu boku no ue ni mo _____.
song: Hontou no Uso by PLastic Tree lyrics:anime lyrics
chibi_chan

Postby Stephen » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:17 pm

And it's just a movie it's meant to be pure fantasy, you shouldnen't take it so seirously. >.>

Amen.
Stephen

Postby Maledicte » Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:07 pm

still, it looks pretty corny even to me....I'd rather stick to the original comic than see what might have been cool slaughtered by some company who just wants to make money off of theater fodder....I have not read the comics but now have an intrest to do so.
(on a tangent)
Hollywood has a bad habit when it comes to adapting comics to the big screen, especially of late...LXG was only okay, in my opinion (but I heard some people outright complain about it) but the comic was much much much much better.
Maledicte

Postby Arnobius » Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:35 pm

I think people with theology degrees like me should stay away from some movies because the concepts make no sense. I'm reading this review, and what strikes me is their take on redemption. This main character supposedly commits suicide and is brought back to life, so he's doomed to go to hell when he dies again, no matter what because it's "mortal sin" and Satan hates him for fighting demons, so he's in real trouble.

Now I realize the writers are doing this for some sort of dramatic tension, but theologically, it's nonsense. In Christianity, salvation is always possible while one lives if one turns back to God. I mean, when Jesus raised Lazarus, the sins of Lazarus were not fixed in place. He was free to follow Jesus or to live in sin. So, this concept actually is despair, which is contrary to Christian faith.

SO, I'll stay away. It may just be fantasy, but I don't feel like spending my money on something that seems to have the potential for an anti-Christian message. However, if they resolve that issue in a way that *is* compatible with Christian values, feel free to PM me and I'll reconsider
Arnobius

Postby Cap'n Nick » Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:40 pm

Just saw it. Thoughts and what have you:

Naturally the theology was wack (Wiggidy-wack? No, just regular type.) but on a thematic level it had a very interesting message, namely that God does have a plan even if it seems like he doesn't care at all. It played out like Signs, only more interesting and with a lot more action. And man was there some good action.

Upon exiting the theater, my friends and I had a brief discussion about the "Spear of Destiny," which is how the movie referred to the spear used to stab Christ on the cross. I found it disturbing that after seeing the movie it had somehow become fact that Christ's precise moment of death was upon receiving the blow from this spear. I wonder what other of the movie's many theological liberties may have been siezed upon by certain viewers and solidified as fact.

So, it was a good movie, but I'm not sure that it's one I liked. Even if it is just fantasy I feel queasy about using my religion as a stage prop.
Cap'n Nick

Postby Orange Kitten » Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:59 am

chibi_chan wrote:And it's just a movie it's meant to be pure fantasy, you shouldnen't take it so seirously. >.>

True, but film is an art form. Would you still feel the same way if someone took a painting of, say, Christ, and deformed it? You'd be offended, just the same way as being offended from a movie.
"Destroy all that which is evil, so that which is good may flourish" - The Boondock Saints

"Man creates dolls in his own image. If God exists, it's possible that we're all just dolls to him." - Evangelion (episode 22)

AMV.org Profile
Orange Kitten

Postby Hephzibah » Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:08 am

Maybe so, but it doesn't mean we should go watch things like this. We should protect our minds... what goes in comes out.
Also, could you imagine Jesus munching on some popcorn watching this movie and saying 'O wow! Look at that! That was cool! Theology a bit wacked, but still entertaining'
Hephzibah

Postby Jeikobu » Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:10 pm

chibi_chan wrote:And it's just a movie it's meant to be pure fantasy, you shouldnen't take it so seirously. >.>

True, but you still should be mindful of what you watch. Remember the Bible says to meditiate on what is praiseworthy and wholesome. ;)
"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders; and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6

[SIZE="3"]Please give and help Japan during this awful time![/SIZE]

Please visit my Photobucket and tell me what you think!
Jeikobu

Next

Return to General Entertainment