Napoleon Dynamite!

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby PrincessZelda » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:19 am

That movie is funny :lol:
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby VioletEyedCat » Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:21 pm

Goodness-
I love the movie and all, but at my high school (150 students) its gone crazy. Everyone has seen the thing, and you can't take two steps in the hallway without hearing some impersonation of Napoleon or Kip. Sigh... My high school has gone Dynamite Crazy. There's only one thing I can do in this situation- the Napoleon Dance. :rock: :rock: :rock:

:P Smiling's not my Thing :P
VioletEyedCat

Postby glitch1501 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:47 pm

heh, i saw most of it at church today, someone brought in the dvd, its pretty funny, though kinda boring

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby greyscale42 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:22 am

I didnt enjoy it. The humor was scarse and really didnt strike me. Its a shame I was looking forward to seeing it but I mostlty spent the movie shaking my head at how mind numbingly pathetic the characters were. Overall a very depressing movie. :(
greyscale42

Postby RoyalWing » Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:40 am

I saw a little over half of this movie. At first I thought "This is the stupidest thing I have ever seen.. this doesn't make sence... what is this about, any way?!" But the more I watched I thought it just got funnier and funnier, and so... I f you want to watch a good movie about nothing, then you should watch this! :thumb:

My favourite part is when Napoleon hits his uncle with the fruits and runs, over the fence and falls... and:

Television cassette: "Do you want to learn how to dance??"
Napoleon: "Yes.."

It's very simply kind but for some reason it makes me laugh very much :lol:
RoyalWing

Postby Solid Ronin » Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:57 pm

I must say that I was pleastly surpised by this movie, At first I thought it was going to be the most foolish thing since the N-gage. I watched it at my freinds plea's He was saying "Its the newest sensation" "Its y favorite movie" ..both giving me a bad feeling..Also his favirote movie changes at 5:30 wedsday of every other week of every other month.

Despite it begin quite odd its a good departure from what passes as comedy (Such as American pie).

Now if you'll excuse me I have to work on my numchuku skills.
Solid Ronin

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:32 pm

I want a "Vote For Pedro" shirt. That would be so flippin' cool. And I might just do what I can to mess up my vision just so I can wear glasses like that.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Kireihana » Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:01 pm

Everyone talks about this movie nonstop at school... personally I thought it was pretty boring.
Kireihana

Postby Jman » Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:08 am

'Tis an awesome movie!

Adopter of Locke *0/0*
Adopter of Felix *0/0*
Adopter of Insanewithapen *0/0*
Adopter of Zelda27 *0/0*
Adopter of Sakura's Wings *0/0*
Adoptee of Cap'n Crack *0/0*

---
"It never hurts to try to make new friends, except when it does hurt…
but that's only when you're trying to make friends with a charging rhinoceros." ~ HolySoldier5000

---
"But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
and by his wounds we are healed. "
-Isaiah 53:5

|J|c|r|e|w| --- Jman's Antidrug
---
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig
Help Him Achieve World Domination...

---
It’s not like we hate him or want him to die
Jman

Postby The Last Bard » Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:23 am

Dude, I always thought that movie looked stupid, I watched it last night and loved it!
It is the best comedy of the year I would have to say. :thumb:
The Last Bard

Postby blkmage » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:03 pm

I don't get it.
blkmage

Postby pyro_moogle » Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:27 pm

Like I totally loved that movie. Gosh. It's sweet. Incredible. Watch the commentary even better than the real movie.

Peace out napolean.
[{ Waste of Paint }]
pyro_moogle

Postby Joshua Christopher » Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:13 am

It's a great film. So...so weird. It actually gets funnier each time I watch it.

As I mentioned some three-odd months ago, I hated it the first time I saw it.

Wow. There were nearly three months in-between posts.
Joshua Christopher

Postby PumpkinKoRn52 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:27 pm

I absolutely hated that movie. I found the movie depressing more than anything else. All of the jokes revolved around laughing at one guy's miserable life. It was really just sad. All the jokes were stupid or obnoxious.
"Relax, turn around, and take my hand." Tool
"Heir Kommt Die Sonne." Rammestein
"Now the world is gone, I'm just one. Oh please God help me." Metallica
"Are You Ready?!?" KoRn
"All and all your just another brick in the wall." Pink Floyd.
The downfall of society will be society itself.
Rap is the malignant tumor of the music industry.
I HATE LINKIN PARK
PumpkinKoRn52

Postby The Doctor » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:21 pm

It's a movie that is so odd, yet so cool at the same time. I dunno.
The Doctor

Postby Scribs » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:08 pm

I love how the time machine is permanently set to 1982.

I personally found the random shooting of the cow to be rather humerous
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby faithfighter » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:59 am

peple keep telling me I should watch it.

I have only seen a few minutes and hate it but the more people talk about it the funnyer it sounds. My whole youth group has seen it and my youth group leader loves it!!! They even showed it at youth camp but I pasted it up for LOTR.
My friend was wearing Napoleon Dynamite stick buttons on her shirt yesterday.
Some one stop the Napoleon Dynamite maddness! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
[color="Green"][font="Verdana"]There is no one you can't love once you know their story-Mary Lou Lawnacki[/font][/color]
faithfighter

Postby Nate » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:52 am

What are you talking about? This is like pretty much the dumbest movie ever made.

And true Napoleon Dynamite fans (like myself ;)) should recognize that right off the bat. :P

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby WaffleMan » Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:44 pm

I heard from my friend that it was supid when u first watch, then completely hilarious 1 hour after you see it. I finally watched it, had the same opinion and just kept on watching it. Amazing all articles of clothing made in the movie were from goodwill.
Golden, Crispy, Bad guys are history. Yeah!

With my griddle of justice I bash the enemy in the head or burn him like so... *Places Griddle on face*
WaffleMan

Postby Mourningdove217 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:58 pm

I loved Napoleon Dynamite. Plotless, dumb, and yet oddly amusing. I just recently got a vote for pedro shirt =)
Mourningdove217

Postby dragonshimmer » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:03 am

GOSH!

^_~ This movie was a LOT better than I thought it would be, but then again, I went into it prepared for it to be stupid and lacking a plot, since kaemmerite warned me. Since I did that, I think this movie probably ranks in my top 25 movies list now. It's not something I'd watch like...more than once or three or four times a year, but I thought it was amusing.
dragonshimmer

Postby Pent » Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:13 pm

You are either gonna love this movie or hate it. I loved it, but I could understand anyone who doesn't. If your not getting into soon you should just turn it off. If you like it, buy it. Very very fun to rewatch over and over and over again. You got to talk to people who have seen it before you watch it. And don't watch it alone.
Pent

Postby WaffleMan » Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:57 pm

I really enjoyed the movie. The thing that makes this movie so dang funny is the plain fact that it is so dang original! I mean, seriously, who has ever made a movie about some strange kid, who survives his way through the harsh reality of the world and an out of date uncle, who thinks his arm is really cool and tapes himself throwing a football.-really funny movie, which is made even more funny after watching it more than a few times.
Golden, Crispy, Bad guys are history. Yeah!

With my griddle of justice I bash the enemy in the head or burn him like so... *Places Griddle on face*
WaffleMan

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:19 am

I saw the clips on the offical site and the humor didn't strike me. It seems very drab, none of the people talk without monotone, its very ordinary looking and the camera angles are lacking at best. Maybe I have to see the full movie before I judge it but yeah. Or it could be because Australians don't identify with it.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Psycho Ann » Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:27 am

It got a mixed reaction from me, but mostly positive. I absolutely loved the way it was handled and the storytelling/humor. The characters I love as well; Napoleon is the epitome of 'geek' and somehow that alone makes him inexplicably amusing XD I haven't chuckled so much from a guy whose eyes hardly stay open the whole film.

My only complaint is the initial pacing which was a bit too slow for those without the patience to keep waiting for the good stuff (my mom walked off the first 15 minutes going, "There must be a generation gap or something..."). Even then, it's a unique brand of humor, a very stupidly calm type XD
-Psalm 27:1-
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.
Cognatio- Online Christian Manga Exchange

"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
Psycho Ann

Postby Bobtheduck » Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:27 am

I loved this movie... I thought the subtle, subdued humor was great. I knew off the bat that it would have a limited audience...

... and was proven somewhat wrong... I never expected this movie to be as popular as it was. I don't understand how it got so popular, but luckily I'm not one of those people that likies/dislikes something based on popularity (except friends... based on the episode I saw and how obsessive people get over it, I won't touch it again) I am still able to enjoy this.

This is a specific sort of humor, and I agree with people that say it is distinctly american and won't translate well into Aussie and Brit thinking (which is actually quite rare... That's a very good thing, when the humor is (mostly) that specific.)

EDIT: I must say, the little girl from corina corina, Tina Majorino, grew up into a really cute adult. Oh, and the reason for no objectionable content: The movie, I was told, was written by Mormans... How MTV put out a movie made by Mormans, I'll never know...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Sieg9986 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:49 am

Hi all ^^ long time no post.

Great movie, I was up in Colorado this past week in the ski town by Breckenridge and they had a store called "Exit stage fright", a novelty store for movie buffs and geeks like me....they had the greatest shirt ever: "Vote for Pedro" in red ink, just like in the movie. I wanted to get it, but had to conserve money so I didn't, but if I see another shirt like it...you bet I'm getting it XD.

Well, post to you all later....maybe, byes ^_^'
Image Image
Skywriting...

[quote]
Sieg9986:

Always looking up, being on the ground bothers you. You’re always craning your neck to see up into the clouds or to see the grandeur of the stars. “Star Warsâ€
Sieg9986

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:53 pm

)
This is a specific sort of humor, and I agree with people that say it is distinctly american and won't translate well into Aussie and Brit thinking (which is actually quite rare... That's a very good thing, when the humor is (mostly) that specific.

I guess this is similar situation to the movie, The Castle. In Australia it was a huge hit and darn funny but when it was changed a little for English and American audiences they didn't get the humour. Hmmm.
Talame and other Aussies, if you've seen Napoleon Dynamite I'm curious to hear if you got the humour.

Thanks!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Thu May 12, 2005 9:02 pm

My boss, who loves the movie, always talks about it. He loaned me the movie as a requirement for continued working there; lol. At first, I thought it was boring and pretty stupid, but for some reason, the second time I watched it, I was cracking up all throughout. I don't know how but somehow I like the movie now.
Azier the Swordsman

Postby chibiphonebooth » Fri May 13, 2005 5:48 am

napolean dynomite is the best movie ever created in the universe.

EVER.

ive seen it like 3493473573849232378996543 times. and it just gets funnier and funnier. to the point i can recite the whole movie. and i love it. absolutly love it. i can recite it almost as well as i can tell waht episode that spongebob line comes from.

yes, im a freak.
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment