Lost

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby the_lizardqueen » Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:06 pm

I'm still trying to figure out that last episode. After going to all that trouble to get the suitcase, it was pretty anti-climatic/really, really weird to find out what Kate was freaking out about. I still don't get it...I'm hoping that they get to a Hurley-centric episode soon, I'd really love to find out more about him, especially since the whole 'Hugo' bit.

In other news, I think I've finally come up with a theory for all the freaky goings on on the the island, maybe...

[spoiler]..they crashed in the bermuda triangle![/spoiler]
Beats me if that's actually a spoiler, since it's just me speculating, but it's always better safe than sorry..
the_lizardqueen

Postby Ashley » Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:38 pm

Actually, my latin teacher and I were discussing this (since we both love Lost) and we came up with a theory too. Sort of Stephen King-ish, but she thought:

[spoiler]They were all dead and didn't realize it yet[/spoiler] Personally, I seriously hope that isn't it--I'd be so bummed!

I dunno, the last episode's "island time" plot was fairly bland to me. And....I hate to say this, but I'm really starting to like Sawyer over Jack. I thought he was a real jerk...and I dunno, for some reason I really like him now. Maybe it's that Texas twang. :sweat:
Ashley

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:55 pm

Yeah, they intervewed the dude that plays Jack and he said that his character is going to be more like Sawyer. I don't real ming Sawyer, but i don't like it when he starts to act like a jerk.
SorasOathkeeper

Postby the_lizardqueen » Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:12 pm

Maybe I'm odd, but I'm kinda becoming a Sayid fangirl and I'm liking him over Sawyer and Jack, and even Charlie. Needless to say, the last episode was giving me a bit of an eyetick since Shannon appears to be zeroing in on Sayid. Worst thing is, I can speak french, which is causing a crazy little part of my mind to go; 'I could help him translate! we're meant to be!! back, evil shannon, BACK!'.
Ei, I'm hopeless :sweat:
the_lizardqueen

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:32 pm

LOL!!! XD Yes...i woulden't mind seeing Shanon go...*_*...Heh...heh...heh..
SorasOathkeeper

Postby Gypsy » Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:25 pm

Aww, poor Shanon. I really started to like her after that last episode - hearing her sing was rather touching. And I also really liked the spiritual tag thrown in at the end when Charlie was asking the lady for help. If you saw his episode, you'll remember that he was deeply religious to start out with, so it was almost like watching him find his faith again. I hate to admit it, but I teared up a little. :sweat:

I know it won't happen anytime soon (if at all - gotta keep that romantic tension running) I will be so happy to see Sawyer go to the big saloon in the sky. I hate that man. He'll probably get some big, heroic death that he doesn't deserve too.

In case you hadn't noticed, I'm completely on Jack's side. I thought he was a tad cold to Kate about the suitcase (after all, it's her business) but he can't do much wrong in my book. :-)

Ashley, I'd have to disagree with your Latin teacher and your theory for several different reasons. The only supporting factor I see in that case is the wheelchair issue. Besides, that would be way too [spoiler]6th Sense[/spoiler] for such an original series.

This is my overall theory:

[spoiler]I think the island is moving. This would account for the abrupt and sudden tide change, the polar bear, and the metal thing that Locke found on the jungle floor.[/spoiler]

And I agree with the_lizardqueen. Hurley needs his own episode soon, but I hope he doesn't have any deep, dark secret. I'd like him to be the honest guy mixed up with all these other crazy people. ^^
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby true_noir_chloe » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:12 pm

Oh wow, I haven't seen this thread until now. My hubby and I started watching this show around Christmas and are so hooked. I mean, we are like excited, get our seats, snackage and sit down and watch this show. I don't think we've enjoyed watching a show together this much since maybe Seinfield.

I'm a Jack and Kate fan too, Gypsy. I can't stand Sawyer. And, unlike some others I want to see Shannon and Sayid hit it off. I think he's just the type of guy she needs. I also like Sun a lot, but I really don't want her getting together with the dad, I don't remember his name, but he's the only one on the show with a son.

I also really enjoyed the end of that last show when Charlie prayed with the older woman. That was very... T_T touching.

I missed a couple of episodes in between, and I'm curious, why did Charlie have all those contusions on his neck? I'm gathering after reading this entire thread that he had been hanged? Man, I totally missed that show and now Claire isn't around. ACK, what happened? Please, somebody tell me. ^^;;

Anyways, my husband and I have concluded what we think is up with the island and I don't know how to place the spoiler tags on here. Can someone please tell me how to do that?

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby Ashley » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:04 pm

I missed a couple of episodes in between, and I'm curious, why did Charlie have all those contusions on his neck? I'm gathering after reading this entire thread that he had been hanged? Man, I totally missed that show and now Claire isn't around. ACK, what happened? Please, somebody tell me. ^^;;

K, here's what happened:
[spoiler]Claire was being attacked in her sleep and Jack didn't believe her, so she left the "cave" area and wanted to go back to the beach. Charlie didn't want to leave her so he followed her. She began to go into labor, and Charlie ran into the woods to get Jack. However, he found Ethan (a non-descript guy) and told him to go get Jack, then he ran back to Claire. Ethan came up on them a little later, and Charlie was like "Ethan?! Where's Jack?!" Then he moves to protect Claire, and it blacked out. Later on we find out that Hurley was trying to construct a list of everyone that survived the crash and check it against the plane's manifest (list of all passengers). He found that Ethan wasn't on the manifest--so he wasn't on the plane. Charlie and Claire went missing, and everyone tried to find them. Jack and Kate found Charlie hanging in a tree. They cut him down, and Jack saved him. He had been blindfolded so he didn't know where they went. Later on, Kate and Jack run into Ethan and he beats up Jack and tells him not to follow him. It then rains so the trail has gone cold, but Boon (Shannon's brother) and Locke are still hunting for Claire) [/spoiler]

Now, about that spoiler tag, it's easy: [*spoiler] spoiler text here [/spoiler] (minus the * )
Ashley

Postby true_noir_chloe » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:14 pm

Ah ok, thanks Ashley. ^______^ :hug: Now I'm up to par for tomorrow's show. ^^

Here is what I think is going on with the island.

[spoiler]Possibly a cargo ship or plane carrying a group of animals for the zoo or circus, crashed on the island. The only problem is how does a polar bear survive in such a warm climate? At least on the show, they all look like its a very tropical climate. There could still be remains of the ship's cold area where the bear survived... eh, basically, I'm just stumped. [/spoiler]

:jump: it worked! Thanks again, Ashley. ^__^

Since I've missed some shows, what direction was the plane headed when they crashed? Was it leaving Australia?

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby Gypsy » Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:23 pm

true_noir_chloe wrote: Since I've missed some shows, what direction was the plane headed when they crashed? Was it leaving Australia?

That's a trick question. :sweat:

The plane was leaving Australia and heading towards America, yes, but then the radio died in the plane. The plane turned around (without telling the passengers) to head towards Fiji for repairs. Since the radio was broken, the plane couldn't contact any towers to tell them what was going on. When the plane went down, it was thousands of miles off course - rescue crews would be looking for the flight wreckage in the wrong place with no reason to look in the area where the plane actually is.

I can't wait to see tonight's episode!
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Gypsy » Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:04 am

Well, all I have to say about last night's episode is this: I really hope all viewers caught that small, almost quiet line stating, "So there's no blood relation." Still ... it gave me the heebie jeebies.
Gypsy

Postby Lehn » Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:20 am

Did anyone else notice that Boone's girlfriend was the spitting image of ***her***?
Lehn

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:55 pm

I know what the "thing" is....Heh heh heh...i think it's.....The PREDATOR!!!!! Na, j/k, but thats what i keep saing because it Predator 1 they were in a jungel, i know, i'm stupid, oh well, any who i don't like shanon and i was kinda hoping that she did dye, but then a part of me didn't cause of her "brother"*can't think of his name, but i don't like her *or any T.V. blond for that matter*
SorasOathkeeper

Postby Ashley » Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:31 pm

Aww, I liked Boon before, but this time had me choking back sobs. Such a little hottie with cute green eyes and a die-trying naivete. ^^; I'm kinda with Charlie...I think Locke is absolutely postal and the hair on the back of my neck bristles at him...but at the same time he's incredibly gifted man. Charlie's explanation about the cookie made me crack up. So did the Hurley-Chin scene on the beach. :lol:

Aaagh, this is driving me nuts. I have tivo and since I was at work last night I set it to record the episode for me. AND IT CUT OFF! Right after Locke asks Boon, "so how did it make you feel?"

Can someone PLEASE tell me what he said/what the preview is for next week? *kicks Tivo*
Ashley

Postby Ashley » Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:47 pm

I hate to double post, but I just found a website that is extremely detailed.

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/

If you ever fall behind or something, click there. It's almost like reading the script; they hold nothing back. Also, check out (if you can) some of the "featured videos". I was so amazed to hear Evangeline Lily (Kate) say the one thing she'd want to bring with her on an island would be her Bible! :wow!:
Ashley

Postby true_noir_chloe » Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:04 pm

Ashley wrote: Aaagh, this is driving me nuts. I have tivo and since I was at work last night I set it to record the episode for me. AND IT CUT OFF! Right after Locke asks Boon, "so how did it make you feel?"

Okay, I'll try. I forgot quite a bit though. Boone answered, I think, "relieved," or something to that effect, and then he and Locke walked off into the sunset. :lol: Okay, I'm joking about the sunset thing. They actually walked past Sayid and Shannon, as they were laughing and being all chummy. Supposedly, the whole hallucination helped Boone get over his sister - who's not really his sister.:eh: And then the preview showed the next show will be on the father and his son, and Locke showing the little boy how to use a knife; which, makes the dad angry. I'm sure someone else can clue you in further.

And yeah, Lehn, I noticed that resemblance between Shannon and Boone's g/f in the flashback. I always thought Boone had a thing for his sister, which creeped me out, but then you find out they're not blood-related and that helped some.

Man, you know I was really starting to like Shannon and feel sorry for her, and then they showed that flashback and I'm all, sheesh, she's so manipulating. Boone I'm not all that fond of either, I mean he's kind of wussy. So, I am hoping that his time with Locke will help him grow up into a "real" man. :P

I also laughed during the Hurley/Chin scene - probably one of my faves. I don't know what to think of Locke - he's kind of freaky and the kind of person I wouldn't want to be left alone with. o_o

I think the friendship developing between Kate and Sun is great. I'm so glad she found out that Sun speaks English. Kate is the coolest character - she's like tougher than any of the guys on that island. I hope she doesn't turn out to be a loser. Sun and her husband are so resourceful - I love cool couples. I just know they're going to try and split them up somehow. >.<

EDIT: Thanks for that site, Ashley. I'm going to go check it out later. ^^

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby Gypsy » Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:49 pm

true_noir_chloe wrote: I also laughed during the Hurley/Chin scene - probably one of my faves.

That was too funny. If the cut on this foot episode wasn't enough, the "YOUR WIFE IS HOT!" part was hilarious. Again, I hope Hurley doesn't have some horrible secret - I want him to the the normal guy that keeps everyone else sane. ^^

I think the friendship developing between Kate and Sun is great. I'm so glad she found out that Sun speaks English. Kate is the coolest character - she's like tougher than any of the guys on that island. I hope she doesn't turn out to be a loser. Sun and her husband are so resourceful - I love cool couples. I just know they're going to try and split them up somehow. >.<

Kate is my fav as well. And I thought the scene where Jin and Sun walking past Kate holding hands was sweet. I don't understand Jin in the least, but I trust Sun's character and I don't think she'd love a complete loser.
Gypsy

Postby Ashley » Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:42 pm

That was too funny. If the cut on this foot episode wasn't enough, the "YOUR WIFE IS HOT!" part was hilarious. Again, I hope Hurley doesn't have some horrible secret - I want him to the the normal guy that keeps everyone else sane. ^^

Aren't you glad that you and Shatterheart didn't have to pee on my foot at Galveston? :lol:

Kate is my fav as well. And I thought the scene where Jin and Sun walking past Kate holding hands was sweet. I don't understand Jin in the least, but I trust Sun's character and I don't think she'd love a complete loser.

While I'm not *really* fond of Kate, I halfway like her. And I love Sun--she's so resourceful and she's not the frail asian wife type. I think the thing with Jin is part of him loves Sun so much he'd do anything for her. And part of him is ashamed of the things he has to do in order to love her. That's just my spin, though. ^^;
I think Jin might understand English too, I think he just has such incredible self-control he can hear "YOUR WIFE IS HOT!" and not over-react like someone like Sawyer might.
Ashley

Postby shooraijin » Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:11 pm

Aren't you glad that you and Shatterheart didn't have to pee on my foot at Galveston?

Did I come in at a bad time?
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby the_lizardqueen » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:45 pm

My verdict after viewing this episode...

Yup, Locke is most definitely a bit postal, but at least he's keeping things from getting boring. Shannon is still bugging me and I've officially lost pretty much all respect for Sayid due to all that flirting. In light of this episode, Boone is actually turning out to be a pretty interesting character, although he has some definite issues (understatement of the year).

And even though we found out that they were only stepsiblings, that one scene still seriously freaked me out, perhaps even moreso than the tree throwing monster thingy. Maybe because we've been viewing them as siblings all season, and they still kinda are, but without the blood relation (thank goodness!).

Speaking of the tree throwing monster thingy, my brother and I actually spent about a half an hour rewatching the scenes featuring it, frame by frame and arguing over what it might be. And after all that, we still have absolutely no idea. Did anyone else notice the fact that you could hear birds taking off right before the chase scene? Freakiness..

Also, am I the only one who thinks that there's a bit of a boy who cried wolf phenomena going on here? If they ever actually killed a character, It'd probably take a few episodes before I'd believe it, or maybe until they took the actor out of the credits...And even then I'd probably keep expecting them to randomly pop up.

Also, I definitely agree with you all on the Hurley parts, they were hysterical. He and Jin should hang out more often :lol:
the_lizardqueen

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:13 pm

AHHHHHH!!!! IT WAS CLAIRE!!!! HOW DID SHE GET BACK!!! WHERE WAS SHE!!!! DID THE AILENS IMPREGNATE HER!? *brother is into ailen* I WANA KNOW!!!! *runs around room* WHAT HAPPNED!!!!!???? Any who, that was funny how Charily kept on peeking at her diary, it reminded of that one D ick-van-dike episode where Laura wanted to open his package he got in the mail, and she keep on readjusting where it was and kept looking at it.
SorasOathkeeper

Postby true_noir_chloe » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:58 pm

Okay, there was a another polar bear and the little boy, Walt somehow can telekinetically call animals to himself - like that bird flying to its death into the patio window. o_0 I fear this show will get weird.

Michael redeemed himself from the "worst father of the year" award a bit after last night's show, but I'm still not so sure about him.

I'm really glad Claire is back. Did you notice she was without child? This brings up my new theory, plus the added preview of the next weeks show.

[spoiler]This will end up like "The Island of Dr. Moreau." I mean, they even have a French person speaking to give clues? Anyways, I think there is this mad doctor who is somehow guiding crafts to the island (the problem with the magnetic pull?) and he experiments on humans and animals, making beastly monsters, which are the weird creatures off-camera, and he abducted Claire because he needed a newborn baby for his experimentaion.

Eventually on the show, I think the baby will come forward, maybe like a toddler, with these super human powers - half beast/half human. Everyone will embrace the new beast child, since he/she looks human. Oh yeah, and then it will become a comic book.

This is my new theory, anyways. XD[/spoiler]

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby the_lizardqueen » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:15 pm

Overall, not a bad episode, I'll probably post more on it later. Dear goodness though, Charlie's dilema with the diary had to be one of the most awkwardly funny scenes I've ever seen on TV, and I loved every second of it ^_^
the_lizardqueen

Postby Ashley » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:18 pm

I finally got to see this week's episode. Hey, I'm a busy college kid, what can I say?

Anyway, I really really really liked Michael's character flashbacks. I felt so awful for him; they did a great job breaking the stereotypical estranged father background. I also liked Charlie's diary-scene...it reminded me of Charlie Chaplin films.

AND I'M SO GLAD THEY FOUND CLAIRE! YAAAAAAAAAY! I hope she and Charlie hug in the next episode. ^^

Anyway, I came up with a new theory:
[spoiler]Perhaps Walt caused the plane crash with his tele-psychic whatever powers? Like he resented going with his father so much it caused the crash?[/spoiler]
Cheesy and lame I know but just my thoughts.
Ashley

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:40 pm

Ok, to all you Hurley fans, i found out that episode 18 *the last one was 14* will be a episode about Hurley. The next episode, episode 15 titaled "Homecoming" we will find out why Ethan wanted Claire's child, it will be a "Charlie" episode. Episode 16 titaled "Outlaws" will be another "Sawyer" episode. And episode 17 called "Lost in Translation" will be a "Jin" episode.
SorasOathkeeper

Postby the_lizardqueen » Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:34 pm

..two weeks without new..episode...of..Lost..*eye tick*

Well, at least I can console myself with the knowledge that Hurley'll soon be getting his due. Ei, how am I ever going to survive the summer?
the_lizardqueen

Postby true_noir_chloe » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:16 pm

I kind of like your new theory, Ashley. Thanks for the show update, Sora (you have a really long name, I hope you don't mind me shortening it). I'm really looking forward to the Jin episode. Anything that has to do with Korea, I want to see.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:21 am

No problem, glad to do it!^^ And yes, my name is long, but thats fine calling me Sora, everyone else does that^ ^
SorasOathkeeper

Postby Ashley » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:24 pm

Thanks for the update Sora! Gah, I'm going nuts here without a weekly new dose! I almost fainted when I saw my TiVo didn't record this week---then, as I'm screaming in panic, Dad explained it won't record repeats. :lol:
Ashley

Postby Locke » Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:44 pm

Next episode is in 2 weeks, they showed a rerun last week...I totally lost it *o*\\\

I dont know why, but i think Sun will end up with Walters Father.... they seem so nice together!
Secret Bumping Club Member #10 - geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the halfling.
Locke

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment