What Manga are you reading?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby Indigo_Eyes » Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:50 pm

Yeah, I read the first volume of Kane First Love and stopped, because-- well, I pretty much saw this coming. Plus, I'm just bugged by panty shots in manga (I got ten pages in and there it was )! Ahh! Why!? Why must it [almost] always happen!?

Makes me sad too-and mad-that certain mangas become unreadable for me because of bad content in it. I just have to be thankful that there are still other mangas out there that I can still read.

....I still miss Akuma de Sourou :( I read the translations of the last chapter of the series. It had them finally [SPOILER]getting married[/SPOILER] so I could at least know how it ended after I stopped reading the scanlations. I just have to satisfy myself with a picture of the main guy... The art work is awesome, in a punk sort of way.

The thumbnail is of the main guy, Takeru; sorry that it's bad quality.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
" 'Tis strange-but true; for truth is always strange, stranger than fiction." ~Lord Byron

"When you see a fork in the road, take it." ~Yogi Berra
Indigo_Eyes

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:46 am

SJ for Feb.
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:20 pm

I read that some time ago. I'm still reading Death Note, when I can. That has proved annoyingly difficult.
uc pseudonym

Postby Jasdero » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:55 pm

Epotoransu! Mai vol.2
× s h i n i e s , y e s ? ×

does it not burn... LIKE THE SUN?!
Jasdero

Postby Icarus » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:02 pm

I'm reading Othello currently. I need to get the next one.
The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Postby AnimeGirlX » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:11 pm

Well, i`m still reading Naruto. I also just started Resevoir Chronicles Tsubasa. ^-^
AnimeGirlX

Postby chimera189 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:25 pm

Pita-Ten v.7
Defend the Bible? I would as soon defend a lion! Charles Spurgeon
I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts. The rest are details. Albert Einstien
Luke 23:39-43; "And it also makes me smile to think that there is a grinning ex-con walking the streets of gold that knows more about grace than a thousand theologans. No one else would have given him a prayer, but in the end that is all he had, and in the end that is all it took." -Max Lucado

[url=myspace.com/chimera189]myspace[/url]
chimera189

Postby FadedOne » Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:13 am

Just started reading the first Rurouni Kenshin. Surprised how much I love it, lol. It's good! or maybe i'm just in love w/ the guy characters? :P lol j/k
Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty.
~~~~~~
At the heart of mature [color=DarkOrchid]femininity
is a freeing disposition to affirm, receive and nuture strength and leadership from worthy men in ways appropriate to a woman's differing relationships.

At the heart of mature masculinity is a sense of benevolent responsibility to lead, provide for and protect women in ways appropriate to a man's differing relationships.[/color]

~~~~
Disclaimer: The comments of Lara, both on forum and chat, are random, unusual, and often sarcastic. Read with a pillar of salt. Thanks. :thumb:
FadedOne

Postby Jasdero » Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:26 am

A Fairy Tale For You vol.1

Jasdero

Postby Angelchick » Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:26 pm

DN Angel vol.3.
everywhere i go i can't escape your energy - Skillet

this isn't war, but these are still battles
and battles make it all die out - Dead Poetic

Sometimes I don't know
Where I am
Where I'll be - A Thorn For Every Heart
Angelchick

Postby Kisa » Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:16 pm

Minami no Jewel ( a mini manga scanlation I found ^^)
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Jasdero » Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:01 pm

Chobits vol.1

Jasdero

Postby Jeikobu » Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:15 pm

I'm reading Ai Yori Aoshi and loving it so far.
My sister is reading Rurouni Kenshin, which I have to try someday in the near future. I loved the anime so I'm sure the manga's excellent.
"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders; and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6

[SIZE="3"]Please give and help Japan during this awful time![/SIZE]

Please visit my Photobucket and tell me what you think!
Jeikobu

Postby Indigo_Eyes » Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:06 pm

I've started the first volume of The Flower of the Deep Sleep. I want to go back to the bookstore to finish it.
" 'Tis strange-but true; for truth is always strange, stranger than fiction." ~Lord Byron

Indigo_Eyes

Postby Jasdero » Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:10 pm

Chobits vol.2-3

Jasdero

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:14 pm

Indigo_Eyes wrote:I've started the first volume of The Flower of the Deep Sleep. I want to go back to the bookstore to finish it.

I was gonna buy that one, but you can see the chick's panties on the cover! What's with that!?

How is the story? A synopsis I read sounded really interesting.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Mave » Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:33 pm

Penguin Brothers: All 5 volumes
Mekakushi no Kuni (Land of the Blindfolded): Vol 1- 1/2 of 7

So far, both titles are great! :thumb:

I'm also reading Master Cooking Boy: Vol 3-6 and some random Q.E.D. volumes
Mave

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:13 pm

Pretear volume 4, which was a little disapointing if you ask me. . .
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Indigo_Eyes » Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:58 am

Mangafanatic wrote:I was gonna buy that one, but you can see the chick's panties on the cover! What's with that!?

How is the story? A synopsis I read sounded really interesting.

The picture on the cover is of her sleeping I guess. It has to do with this dream world that she goes to when she sleeps. A couple of people are falling asleep and never waking up, including her sister. She's trying to find a way to wake her up and some surprising things pop up while doing so. Like, her two fiances that she has to choose from and weird messages from a mysterious person on her cell phone.

It cussed very little during the first volume (I finally finished it) and doesn't have anything real bad in it. The only other thing of mention is that one of her fiances tries to enter her dreams to see about the mysterious little girl in her dream so he and the other fiance (they're brothers) are on either side of her while she sleeps so that when she enters her dream she'll squeeze his hand and he'll know when to enter her dream. Whew, that was a long sentence! It's all pretty innocent. Anyways, I recommend it.

I also read/skimmed the manwha Neck and Neck. It was really funny, but it because it cussed a bit too much in my opinion. I might skim the next volume to see it if the problem gets better, but if it doesn't I won't continue reading it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mave wrote:Penguin Brothers: All 5 volumes
Mekakushi no Kuni (Land of the Blindfolded): Vol 1- 1/2 of 7

So far, both titles are great!

I love Penguin Brothers! I was reading the translations of it until there weren't any more and to finish it I had to download the scanlations. I was new to it and didn't feel comfortable downloading stuff without my dad's permission (this was years back) so I waited a long time before I downloaded the scanlations. Obviously, it was the first scanlation I downloaded, and I've been hooked since.

Mekakushi no Kuni is also great ^^ I've been reading the scanlations of it since before it was licensed, and now I don't know if I should continue reading the scanlations or not. It's illegal now that it's licensed to read the scanlations, but it'll take a while for the company to catch up with DGT, scanlating group. I don't know what I'll do....

Indigo_Eyes

Postby Syaoran » Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:07 am

I just finished Dot hack #3.
Syaoran

Postby Jasdero » Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:35 am

MODEL vol.3
Chobits vol.5
Zeus vol.1

Jasdero

Postby Yamato145 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:49 am

right this scond
Bleach vol.4
jus finished Get Backers vol.6
The loving, caring, and slightly bad-influencing father of 1balloonpopper and khakibluesocks!!!
Also I'm not sure how -_-' but somehow I am the Master and Father of Spectro-King according to his signature ... but hey I'm up for having a minion ... so jump stupid ... I'll have him keeeeel you
:evil: Evil child of Fantasy Dreamer and Dark Disturbed Grandchild of Cephas VII
On a quest to adopt Cephas
:dance: WACKY BANANA!!! :rock: ROCKER!!! :hug: glomp of DOOM!!!
Ive noticed something interesting, when a place is really amazing people say it must be seen to believed ... but the most amazing place ever must be believed to be seen.
kenshin: W_^Vx
Yamato145

Postby dareiq s'an » Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:58 am

Rurouni Kenshin #7
Nanye Dareiq s'an i ne Matthew i macil God. Lercuvanten i moli Mordoreo.
dareiq s'an

Postby HikariChan » Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:31 am

Othello #2
Immortal Rain #4

My mom does NOT go to college
:P
HikariChan

Location: -Where I practice flying with my Imagination-Big Ol' Texas-

Postby Angelchick » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:24 pm

DN Angel volume 4.
everywhere i go i can't escape your energy - Skillet

this isn't war, but these are still battles
and battles make it all die out - Dead Poetic

Sometimes I don't know
Where I am
Where I'll be - A Thorn For Every Heart
Angelchick

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:00 am

Oh flower sounds good. I'll read it next time I'm in the book store. Maybe I can find a cute sticker to slap on the cover. Oh!! I could probably find some price stickers, and I'll pretend like I got it on sale! Works for me. :lol:

Indigo_Eyes wrote:Mekakushi no Kuni is also great ^^ I've been reading the scanlations of it since before it was licensed, and now I don't know if I should continue reading the scanlations or not. It's illegal now that it's licensed to read the scanlations, but it'll take a while for the company to catch up with DGT, scanlating group. I don't know what I'll do....

I'd stop reading scanlations. It will take awhile for the publisher to catch up, but it'll be worth it! My guess is that the scanlators may make the decision easy for you, because alot of scanlators drop projects after they get licensed. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case for Mekakushi too.

BTW, I like this manga so mich! I wonder when the next volume comes out?

Mangafanatic

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:31 am

Just finished:
Negima 1,2,4
Case Closed 4
Wallflower 1
Rising Stars of Manga 4

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby true_noir_chloe » Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:54 pm

I'm about to read Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, Vol. 4 and xxx.Holic, Vol. 4.

I just finished the 2nd vol. of Kare's First Love, and I think the greatest bishie in the world is drawn in that manga.

I also just read Girl Got Game, Vol. 7 - I have never laughed out loud so much reading a manga. ^^

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby Doubleshadow » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:04 am

Reading Rurouni Kenshin up to Vol. 3, Fruits Basket up to vol. 3, and the first volumes of DNAngel and Imadoki. I decided to sop reading Fushigi Yuugi, too much objectionable material for me.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Ren_sama » Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:35 pm

Pita Ten #7!! ^__^ The series is wrapping up! One more manga to go~ ^_^
Ren_sama

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews