What Manga are you reading?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby Debitt » Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:33 pm

There's some nudity and sexuality in Fushigi Yuugi later on. ^^; Careful.

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby YoukoKurama » Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:36 pm

About the only mangas that I'm reading currently are Rurouni Kenshin and Saint Seiya. I want a Yu Yu Hakusho one badly. How do you edit yer profile thingy?
YoukoKurama

Postby Mangafanatic » Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:34 pm

Doubleshadow wrote:PS- Is there anything in either of these mangas that I should be warned about?

Fruits Basket has some homosexual innuendos, but most are in jest. (Two characters say stuff just to weird other characters out.) There's also some language, but over all it's really quite a clean series.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Aka-chan » Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:20 pm

I finally started reading Groove Adventure Rave aka Rave Master. I knew the basic characters and stuff, but I had never gone much into the canon manga/anime. It's lots of fun. ^__^
Aka-chan

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:30 pm

Out of curiosity, in what form is Rave Master known as Groove Adventure Rave?
uc pseudonym

Postby MasterDias » Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:23 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:Out of curiosity, in what form is Rave Master known as Groove Adventure Rave?

Groove Adventure Rave is the original Japanese title of both the anime and the manga. Tokyopop changed its name to Rave Master for the US release.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby mai » Fri Nov 26, 2004 6:18 am

I'm rereading Dragon Knights vol.1 and Petshop of Horrors vol.2
My Website [online comic]

Do you find your self worried alot of the time about things that don't always make sense?

Are you experiencing any of these?
• Persistent feelings of sadness, irritability or anxiety
• Overreaction to irritations
• Loss of interest in activities previously enjoyed,
• Sleep too much, or sleep too little
• Unexpected loss or gain of weight
• Tiredness or restlessness
• Slowed movement, thought and/or speech
• Guilt, low self-esteem, feelings of worthlessness
• Inability to concentrate and poor memory
• Loss of motivation
• Feelings of hopelessness
• Suicidal thoughts and/or behavior
• Withdrawal from relationships, anti-social behavior
• Physical aches and pains that seem to have no other cause

If you have a few of the symptoms on this list, you may be suffering from a form of clinical depression there are many sites that offer advice and help.
mai

Postby The Doctor » Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:42 am

Hmm...I'm on vacation for Thanksgiving, and I brought Prince of Tennis 2. I like the series, but I'm not passionate-crazy about following it, like I am with Rurouni Kenshin or Trigun (though my fire has been dying of late. I really want to buy/read them, but money is TIGHT!)
My new project: Story Ship, a storyblog. Now updates are every Friday!
http://storyship.blogspot.com/

Check out my short film IMPACT. Trailer available at impactshortfilm.webs.com. Short film now available FREE at http://bit.ly/cglmZ6

"There is therefore now NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1
The Doctor

Postby The Doctor » Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:44 am

Hmm...I'm on vacation for Thanksgiving, and I brought Prince of Tennis 2. I like the series, but I'm not passionate-crazy about following it, like I am with Rurouni Kenshin or Trigun (though my fire has been dying of late. I really want to buy/read them, but money is TIGHT!)

Check out my short film IMPACT. Trailer available at impactshortfilm.webs.com. Short film now available FREE at http://bit.ly/cglmZ6

"There is therefore now NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1
The Doctor

Postby greyscale42 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:35 am

Right now im reading the Trigun and Akira mangas. :)
greyscale42

Postby kaji » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:40 am

Naruto Vol. 5!!!
I picked it up yesterday. Good stuff, good stuff! ;)

-kaji
Depend on it. God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply. He is too wise a God to frustrate His purposes for lack of funds, and He can just as easily supply them ahead of time as afterwards, and He much prefers doing so.
- J. Hudson Taylor
I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:10 am

Shonen Jump January
Cross Volume 1
Lone Wolf and Cub (skimmed volumes 5-15 and the final)
Hellsing Volume 2
Beet the Vandel Buster Volume 1

...yes, I was indeed at a large bookstore yesterday.

I got to finish a few things I've been wanting to read for some time (Beet and Hellsing), though I unfortunately didn't read the first volume of Trigun Maximum (as I haven't read the second volume of the first series). Also, I discovered that I really don't like Lone Wolf and Cub, nor do I have the time to wade through that many volumes of more of the same.

By the by, I wouldn't recommend Cross to anyone. Nothing more than use of Christianity for mysticism, and not a very good job of it at that.
uc pseudonym

Postby indyrocker » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:50 am

[quote="kaji"]Naruto Vol. 5!!!
I picked it up yesterday. Good stuff, good stuff! ]what the hec its out?
I want it!
Indyrocker aka the user fomaly known as Agentsmith700

my remixes --> http://www.purevolume.com/irishangel
my Xanga--> http://www.xanga.com/indyrocker
A member of the Society of Hatted Members

adopted by Rachel
Adopted Banana-chan, heero yuy 95

There are no more heroes any more they all died in the night that the world fell into darknes; and good men are trampled down into the dirt never to be seen again. This is the story of this world of ours the story of the corupt and those that would try to save it from them but become corupt themselfs from their own selfish greed and want for what they do not have.
indyrocker

Postby The Doctor » Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:14 am

Message to nightblade:
Most entertainment works out there do NOT characterize REAL women, but a male fantasy. Just seeing the cover of the Love Hina manga and dvd communicated to me that it was more than likely the same could be said for this show too. I could be, and hope I'm wrong.

If you want to know about REAL women, well, from what I know REAL women want to be treated as people, individuals, beings. They want love and respect, communication, and honest relationships. Openness too. And if they're mad at you, well, take the lead and make up, or try to. If they won't hear you, then you've done what you can and need to trust God to do the rest.

The Doctor

Postby Elric_kun » Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:42 pm

Hot Gimmick vol.7
Elric_kun

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:42 pm

- Shonen Jump Nov and Dec
- Prince of Tennis vols. 3 and 4
- Neon Genesis Evangelion vol. 5
- .Hack//Legend of the Twilight vol. 3

Man, there is so much to catch up on when one is busy and at college!
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:42 pm

My bad.
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby AnimeGoddess » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:16 pm

I'm currently reading volume 18 of Berserk created by Kentarou Miura, I also have the PS2 game as well, it's awesome stuff
AnimeGoddess

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:55 pm

The Doctor wrote:
If you want to know about REAL women, well, from what I know REAL women want to be treated as people, individuals, beings. They want love and respect, communication, and honest relationships. Openness too. And if they're mad at you, well, take the lead and make up, or try to. If they won't hear you, then you've done what you can and need to trust God to do the rest.

I'm Osaka, and I approve of this message.]would[/i] be reading volume 5 of DNAngel, but I bought my sister this secret Christmas present. I can't tell her I've bought it, and, therefore, everytime I try to buy DNAngel with the money I have left over after finishing all my Christmas shopping (wooo--hoo!) she says "You're blowing what's left of your money on manga and you haven't even bought my present." And then I have to say in a falsely sheepish voice-- "Oh, silly me. . ." :hits_self:

Darn, I want it so bad. . .
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Needle Noggin » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:19 pm

One Piece and Naruto out of Shonen Jump. I am enjoying them both very much(One Piece more so)

I am actually reading more "real" books right now. I'm reading Dune by Frank Herbert, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Stevenson,and rereading The Count Of Monte Christo. When you don't have cable you read alot.
Go young wildebeest
for you must gallop yonder
mayonaise amen
Needle Noggin

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:47 pm

Just got Prince of Tennis vols.3 and 4! YES!!!!!
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby Elric_kun » Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:31 pm

Chrno Crusade vol.3
Elric_kun

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:57 am

Angel Sanctuary Vol 1-4*

*Please note, this is on the do not discuss list for very good reasons. In my opinion, the series isn't worth the paper it is printed on anyway.
uc pseudonym

Postby Elric_kun » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:39 pm

Peace Maker Kurogane vol.2
Elric_kun

Postby Aka-chan » Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:56 pm

The Demon Ororon vol. 1

I like it even less than Wish (for similar reasons), though I love the art.
Aka-chan

Postby Indigo_Eyes » Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:19 pm

I just recently finished Fruits Basket volume 6, D. N. Angel volume 5, For Love or Money volume 1 , and I. N. V. U. volume 1. Those were all really good in my opinion. I have started on the first few pages of volume 2 of I.N.V.U., and I'm gonna try to finish it tomorrow. I love Barnes & Noble!
" 'Tis strange-but true; for truth is always strange, stranger than fiction." ~Lord Byron

"When you see a fork in the road, take it." ~Yogi Berra
Indigo_Eyes

Postby Camuel » Sun Dec 26, 2004 1:19 pm

Reading both X/1999 and the Dragon Ball series

If you eat things at half the fat you can have twice as much
Camuel

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:46 pm

Just finished Prince of Tennis vols. 3 and 4 - man they left me hanging! Can't wait for vol. 5.

Off to .Hack//LOTT vol. 3!
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby Kisa » Sun Dec 26, 2004 6:55 pm

Imadoki 3 and Fruits Basket 6!
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:04 pm

Death Note (the entire series)

So many people have been recommending this to me, that I decided to at least give it a try. We'll see if it holds my interest. This series isn't liscenced, is it?
uc pseudonym

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews