Smallville Sex Appeal?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Smallville Sex Appeal?

Postby jeezus_fureek » Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:05 pm

Anyone been watching "Smallville" lately? Does anyone seems to notice that this season of "Smallville" is LITTLE more oriented towards sex appeal? It's driving me crazy!! @___@ Already, about half of the characters have been viewed half-naked. The episodes seem to come about "provocatively"? AHH! MY EYES! MY BEAUTIFUL EYES! :eh:

WHERE'S SUPERMAN WHEN YOU NEED HIM?!?!?! O_O
Certainty of death...
Small chance of success...
What are we waiting for!
-Gimli, Return of the King

==

A Typical Episode of Inuyasha:
Inuyasha: Kagome!
Kagome: Inuyasha!
==

And once again I look upon the cross where You died
I'm humbled by Your mercy and I'm broken inside
Once again I thank You,
Once again I pour out my life
-Matt Redman
==

jeezus_fureek wrote:FIRE HEARTS! NOT GUNS!

==

jeezus_fureek

Postby Swordguy » Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:30 pm

unfortantly the world is corupt and is getting more corupt every day....
I used to "Follow" Him because i had to....now i would give everything to follow Him.

Me check it out!

Quest for the True Grail

rei wrote:"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."
"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."
"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."
"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."
"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."

[quote="The forgoten"] .â€
Swordguy

Location: The Largest chunk of concrete these united states know.

Postby agasfas » Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:50 pm

sounds like good old american media doing what they can for ratings....
Along w/ reality TV show, err.... Can't stand them.
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.." Prov 17:22

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
Sorry, but I stop being a teacher at 5 o'clock. - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Postby CobaltAngel » Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:14 am

Ahh! I hate reality TV. The worst par tis, its so fake. I mean, I have a really hard time believing 90% of those shows.

And yes, our culture sucks that way. I try to say away from the TV and keep to my christian rock CDs and manga. :thumb: Sad that show went that way, tho. ;0;

*I love your sig and s/n!*
[align=right][align=center]
Invisible Children || Justice For Children

[/align]

[/align]
CobaltAngel

Postby termyt » Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:59 am

The Superman that Smallville's Clark is growing into scares me. What I want to know is where is Lex Luthor when we need him?
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby SManBeyond » Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:23 am

LOL termyt. He's actually in Smallville right now...

Well, I'm a fan of Smallville. I find Clark Kent a lot more interesting than Superman, and seeing how he's moving towards becoming Superman is a process that's fascinating and enjoyable for me to watch. Plus i enjoy all the characters (and yes, I do like Lois Lane as well) as well as all the little in-jokes and references they make to Superman's future and the awesome special effects.

However, I have to say that I'm not particularly happy with the "sex appeal" episodes that we've been seeing such as "Facade", "Devoted' and "Spell". I chose not to watch those episodes as a sort of protest. :) I particularly don't like it when it's pointless or when the reason for using it is pretty weak. However, I think that we have had some good episodes this season ("Run" and "Transference", for instance) that have shown how good an episode can be without a "titillation" gimmick.

Hopefully the writers will move out of this "sex appeal" thing soon. While there are a lot of people who like it, there is also a surprising number of fans out there that aren't happy about it...

And on a side note, this would probably be better in the "In the Spotlight" forum...maybe...
"Love means to love that which is unlovable; or it is no virtue at all." G. K. Chesterton

Founder of S.T.R.A.W.B.E.R.R.Y. R.H.U.B.A.R.B. P.I.E.

[url=smanbeyond.blogspot.com]My Blog[/url]
SManBeyond

Postby gungrave » Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:34 am

I agree. Have not seen them lately but I've seen the commers as i like to call them. smallville was good at first, but then NOW HAPPENED. lol. Everything now-a-days are like that, and most commers are worse then the shows. It's either magic demons or sex! GRRNESS!!!!!! Now don't get me started on comedy lol.
You find that you have a weapon, an instrument that
will give you power over the wind and sea.
In one word, you can stop time. It is a weapon
so powerful that even God will bow
down to you and all his angels fall at your feet.
What would you do with it?

Adopted: Jack Bond
Adopted: Mega
Adopted By: Black Rose Misao
Adopted By: GrubbTheFragger

then I will be all over those games like white on a paper plate with a styrofoam cup filled with milk in the north pole during a snow storm ---iscryed4u which is my AIM screen name so, I said it XD
Felix wrote:And gungrave, XD I am sure you look quite the man-beast in a suit.

\m/ >,< \m/<-----if u listen to anti hip-hop music Aka metal or just hard rock put this in ur profile and represent

JonathOn !!El perro esta en fuego!!
C.R.A.P. leader
:thumb:
---GamerTag: HxS L3TH4L
gungrave

Postby SnowLeopard » Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:20 pm

I don't watch smallville, but I have read 3.2 seasons worth of transcripts of the show online. It is VERY annoying when the writers use sex to drive a show.

I have a mind like a steel trap. Rusty, unsafe, and illegal in 48 states.

Forgive my idiosyncrasies, for if they did not exist, neither would I.
SnowLeopard

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:14 pm

Swordguy wrote:unfortantly the world is corupt and is getting more corupt every day....

yeah, thats why i watch.... actually i don't watch tv lol

i DO like crime shows, i NEVER watch those stupid WB teen dramas like "charmed" or "the mountain" or other random stuff
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Lehn » Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:46 pm

Tell me about it.... I was chanel surfing and stopped to watch a few minutes of the latest episode where Lana goes all Wicked-Witch over Clark's base. I shreiked and changed the chanel.

And that is the last time I watch anything other then Lost.
“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.â€
Lehn

Postby Lady Arianrod » Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:13 am

I recently saw that episode of Smallville... And I was disappointed. I didn't watch most of it, but the whole 'sexy alter-ego' thing just didn't work for the show. They should stick to the strong characterization and (melo)drama of the earlier seasons.... It was much more enjoyable then.
~Life is the art of drawing without an eraser~

Lady Arianrod, lover of nature and fire.

Hello there! I'm back after a long break! I started watching anime again in 2016. I still check the forum too!

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33
Lady Arianrod

Postby Galant » Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:28 pm

May I make a suggestion?

Write to them and complain.

They can be emailed at faces@thewb.com

I'm going to be.

Sick of that trash.

Good show too.
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were displaced and terribly inconvenienced.

Adopted by Starfire!

OATS - for Shoobie goodness!
Galant

Postby jeezus_fureek » Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:49 pm

[quote="CobaltAngel"]Ahh! I hate reality TV. The worst par tis, its so fake. I mean, I have a really hard time believing 90% of those shows.

And yes, our culture sucks that way. I try to say away from the TV and keep to my christian rock CDs and manga. :thumb: Sad that show went that way, tho. ]

yeah! reality tv is not really about reality at all.. i mean look at fear factor; who in their right mind in real life would eat cow testicles?!?!? @_@ or check out survivor, it's all an organized game! hahah. give me good old pbs or kcet.. oooh and history channel! hehe. sorry, i'm a history junkie ^^.
Certainty of death...
Small chance of success...
What are we waiting for!
-Gimli, Return of the King

==

A Typical Episode of Inuyasha:
==

And once again I look upon the cross where You died
I'm humbled by Your mercy and I'm broken inside
Once again I thank You,
Once again I pour out my life
-Matt Redman
==

jeezus_fureek wrote:FIRE HEARTS! NOT GUNS!

==

jeezus_fureek

Postby MorwenLaicoriel » Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:05 am

I used to watch this show, but after I was in India for 6 months (long story) I got out of it and I had a hard time getting back into it once I came back. I noticed that the TV ads seemed to go a little on the...erm...scandalious side, though. Sad to see it...it was a really good show when I was into it...the actor who plays Lex Luthor is a pure genius.
[url=l33tbeat.blogspot.com]l33t beat[/url] -- News, reviews and opinions on anime, video games, and fantasy fiction
MorwenLaicoriel

Postby ZiP » Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:47 am

JF wrote:Smallville Sex Appeal
Turned me off from the series.
--To Write Love on Her Arms

"That time and absence proves - Rather helps than hurts to love."

"Feelings, emotions, they are good, but they cannot be Love's foundation. When of Love, these things last. When of romance, these things end."

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
ZiP

Postby Heart of Sword » Sat Nov 13, 2004 8:07 am

I've never seen Smallville but I don't plan to (I don't even like Superman).

They did the same thing with X2: X-Men United. A movie doesn't need language and sex to be good. o_O
Heart of Sword's Rhapsody

Money, get away
Get a good job with good pay and you're okay
And all and all you're just another brick in the wall
Shoutin’ in the street gonna take on the world some day
But Bismallah will not let me go
Because I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Tommy used to work on the docks
Union's been on strike
Bright eyes burning like fire
And exposing every weakness
However carefully hidden by the kids

Who will love a little Sparrow
Who's traveled far and cries for rest
Spare him his life from this monstrosity

I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all
And if the band youre in starts playing different tunes
We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you!

[Pink Floyd fan listening to Queen and hugging trees which is also known as taking care of God's creation with a pair of headphones on listening to Nightwish as loud as possible while writing a novel on a computer in the middle of a field filled with Wolves.]

[Bassist...finally learning Money]
Heart of Sword

Postby Locke » Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:55 pm

thats why i have my imported oriental shows :brow:

oh yeah and LOST
Secret Bumping Club Member #10 - geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the halfling.
Locke

Postby Roy Mustang » Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:46 am

I agree. I haven't been watching that much of this season since they are doing that more.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby c.t.,girl » Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:03 am

O_O? YOU MEAN IT'S GONE BAD?!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! WHY?! OH WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE THIS?!!! yes i was a huge fan!! i still am but now this upsets me!! :shady:
[color="DarkOrange"]"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things... hey... the good things don't always soften the bad things; but vice-versa the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant." -11th Doctor

"The advice I like to give young artists, or really anybody who’ll listen to me, is not to wait around for inspiration. Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself. Things occur to you. If you’re sitting around trying to dream up a great art idea, you can sit there a long time before anything happens. But if you just get to work, something will occur to you and something else will occur to you and something else that you reject will push you in another direction. Inspiration is absolutely unnecessary and somehow deceptive. You feel like you need this great idea before you can get down to work, and I find that’s almost never the case." - Chuck Close[/color]
c.t.,girl

Postby Lady Arianrod » Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:58 pm

MorwenLaicoriel wrote:I used to watch this show, but after I was in India for 6 months (long story) I got out of it and I had a hard time getting back into it once I came back. I noticed that the TV ads seemed to go a little on the...erm...scandalious side, though. Sad to see it...it was a really good show when I was into it...the actor who plays Lex Luthor is a pure genius.

I like Michael Rosenbaum too! He does a great job portraying Lex Luthor.

Hello there! I'm back after a long break! I started watching anime again in 2016. I still check the forum too!

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33
Lady Arianrod

Postby termyt » Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:12 pm

In Smallville, Lex Luthor is much more heroic than Clark Kent. And that's just wrong.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby c.t.,girl » Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:19 pm

T_T noooooooo!!! T_T
[color="DarkOrange"]"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things... hey... the good things don't always soften the bad things; but vice-versa the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant." -11th Doctor

"The advice I like to give young artists, or really anybody who’ll listen to me, is not to wait around for inspiration. Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself. Things occur to you. If you’re sitting around trying to dream up a great art idea, you can sit there a long time before anything happens. But if you just get to work, something will occur to you and something else will occur to you and something else that you reject will push you in another direction. Inspiration is absolutely unnecessary and somehow deceptive. You feel like you need this great idea before you can get down to work, and I find that’s almost never the case." - Chuck Close[/color]
c.t.,girl

Postby Lady Arianrod » Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:58 am

Maybe they're setting up the characters in that way so we'll be even more surprised/angered/etc when Lex turns evil.

Lady Arianrod

Return to General Entertainment