13 going on 30

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

13 going on 30

Postby CobaltAngel » Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:47 am

I just saw this movie last night and... wow. Loved every minute of it! When I saw the ads for it, I feared it would be another one of those extremely funny movies that full of unnesscessary sexual refrances that makes all that stuff we don't support as christians seen okay.

However, the girl in this could be discribed with nothing better then... meek. Because Jenna, the main character, has the mind of a 13-year-old, she looks at the world through very innocent eyes. And the movie praises that. It empathesis the important of not just being young in spirit, but young in purity and kindness. It seems so often that when people grow up, they forget how to really care, and how to really have hopes for things that seem out of their grasp. Jenna not only showed her playful bubbley self to the adult world - but her kind, caring, pure, childlike views.

Atleast that's the impression I got from it. ^^;;; Definitly my favorite movie now... hands down. :3
[align=right][align=center]
Invisible Children || Justice For Children

[/align]

[/align]
CobaltAngel

Postby Kannaqueen14 » Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:03 am

Yeah, I saw it and loved it as well, I would recommend it to anyone, it also helps that its really funny, *well in my opinion* ^_^
Kannaqueen14

Postby EvilSporkofDoom » Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:49 am

Even though I rarely like "chick flicks", I really liked this one - it's so cute and heartwarming! (And I'm also glad that there were few sexual references, too). I would definitely recommend it.
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
-Hebrews 11:6

EvilSporkofDoom

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:28 am

What I thought was odd, is that she acted more moraly as a 13 year old than a 30 year old. Than again, she was able to save her future- I think- by knowing how to behave.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Erin » Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:50 am

I LOVED that movie it was soo great! I cryed near the end though :waah!: I'm a sap I know :eyeroll: ;)
The scars will last forever, but nothing compares to the pain that put them there.
Erin

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:25 pm

OOh, even though it was sorta a girly version of big (yes, the title is supposed to be in lower case) there was the fact that, yes, it was much more of a lesson (since Big wasn't really trying to teach any lessons...) So, to make a long thesis short, I loved this movie.

I, by the way, tend to love chick flicks... Usually only the comedies, though. And only american made modern day... No Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensability, or Brassires and Brass Bedposts (hehehe) for me... Actualy, I can't say I only like American made or even modern stuff... Hmm... I don't know, I mostly like american made and modern or, alternately, anime romantic comedies (like, while I'm on it, Marmelade Boy)

I went to see it with two other guys (yeah, that's right) and we couldn't help but say "my precious" every time Andy Serkis was on the screen. I thought it was great that he (not andy, but the friend) [spoiler]Got to build her that dream house that he had made for her birthday.[/spoiler] That's all I have to say about it now, since it has been a while since I saw it...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Hephzibah » Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:35 pm

I loved this movie! Alot of people had told me that my respect for Jennifer Garner would drop dramatically after watching it (im an Alias fan btw :D), but it as not the case! I thought she was fantastic in it! Her facials, esp when waking up as 30, where great :D
Hephzibah

Postby CobaltAngel » Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:08 pm

I cryed near the end though
I did cry at several points in the movie. @_@;;;

[spoiler]Got to build her that dream house that he had made for her birthday.[/spoiler] That's all I have to say about it now, since it has been a while since I saw it...

Aww! That part was so sweet! And even though it seems like it would be predictable... I totally wasn't expecting that, lol!!

[/align]

[/align]
CobaltAngel

Postby Solid Ronin » Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:02 pm

...Jennifer Garner's purtty....
Solid Ronin

Postby Twilly Spree » Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:47 pm

Oooh I cried when she's in the closet and the Billy Joel is playing. And she's laying alone on her parent's couch. Man I cry like a baby everytime.

Kick butt movie! Definitely one of my favorites.
Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away.
-Sex in the City
Twilly Spree

Postby PumpkinKoRn52 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:26 am

A crappy actress, a crappy movie. She was in Daredevil, enough said.
"Relax, turn around, and take my hand." Tool
"Heir Kommt Die Sonne." Rammestein
"Now the world is gone, I'm just one. Oh please God help me." Metallica
"Are You Ready?!?" KoRn
"All and all your just another brick in the wall." Pink Floyd.
The downfall of society will be society itself.
Rap is the malignant tumor of the music industry.
I HATE LINKIN PARK
PumpkinKoRn52

Postby Kisa » Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:27 pm

I LOVE this movie! My roomie got it as a gift and put it in and I was hooked! I had never even heard of it before, lol..... I want it now! ^_^'' I couldn't stop smiling at the end, normally I don't like chick flicks either....
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:40 pm

Heh, best part of the movie was when her friend thought she saw a good looking 30 year old at the restaraunt... That was great.

But yeah it was a pretty light-hearted movie without anything really sexual.... well, there was that distrubing part with her boyfriend dancing *shudders* but really, either than that....
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby CobaltAngel » Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:21 pm

Twilly Spree wrote:Oooh I cried when she's in the closet and the Billy Joel is playing. And she's laying alone on her parent's couch. Man I cry like a baby everytime.
Dude, me too! It never fails... every single time I just start crying so hard at that part. Its so sweet. ]But yeah it was a pretty light-hearted movie without anything really sexual.... well, there was that distrubing part with her boyfriend dancing *shudders* but really, either than that....[/QUOTE]
]Yeah that part was gross. XDD

[/align]

[/align]
CobaltAngel

Postby Lehn » Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:42 pm

I don’t usually watch chick flicks because of the sappy
ohmygoshIloveyoulet’smakeoutlikemad factor, but this was really, really well done. Jennifer is a total sweetheart in this, a far cry from the butt-kicking grrr-I'll-rip-out-your-throat heroine from Alias.

And------

[spoiler] *sob* Someone pass me a tissue, but at the near-end when she goes up the stairs to talk to him right before the wedding, and she pauses and looks at his fiancée knowing full-well what she's about to do; and the scene where she has the breakdown and is sobbing in the closet, if those two scenes don't pull on the ol' ticker I don't know what will. [/spoiler]
“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.â€
Lehn

Postby Gypsy » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:48 pm

Lehn wrote:I don’t usually watch chick flicks because of the sappy
ohmygoshIloveyoulet’smakeoutlikemad factor, but this was really, really well done. Jennifer is a total sweetheart in this, a far cry from the butt-kicking grrr-I'll-rip-out-your-throat heroine from Alias.

And------

[spoiler] *sob* Someone pass me a tissue, but at the near-end when she goes up the stairs to talk to him right before the wedding, and she pauses and looks at his fiancée knowing full-well what she's about to do]

Heh, if my friend wasn't sobbing next to me (causing me to laugh) I might have had a hard time with that part. I really enjoyed this movie.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Crossdive » Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:10 pm

sounds good, I already wanted to see this one. But now I know I should.
Jesus is Lord.
Crossdive

Location: Where would you live if you were me? But seriously, Colorado. (Someday, I'll be in Nihon!)

Postby Crossdive » Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:12 pm

PumpkinKoRn52 wrote:A crappy actress, a crappy movie. She was in Daredevil, enough said.

yeah, and Daredevil, other than that quick thing about Bullseye's hands, was a very great movie... "nuff said."-Stan 'the man' Lee
Jesus is Lord.
Crossdive

Location: Where would you live if you were me? But seriously, Colorado. (Someday, I'll be in Nihon!)

Return to General Entertainment