Favorite Disney Movie?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Favorite Disney Movie?

Postby Kireihana » Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:53 pm

I know a lot of people don't like Disney (personally I think the newest movies aren't that great either) but a lot of them are really good. I remember when I was a little kid I watched The Little Mermaid every day XD

But out of all of them my favorite is The Emperor's New Groove. My friends and I still crack up over that one. ^^
Kireihana

Postby Jeikobu » Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:09 pm

The Lion King will always be my favorite, and Miracle definitely lands in 2nd.
"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders; and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6

[SIZE="3"]Please give and help Japan during this awful time![/SIZE]

Please visit my Photobucket and tell me what you think!
Jeikobu

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:37 pm

As far as the classic animated movies go, I'd say my all-time favorite is The Rescuers.
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby Kireihana » Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:02 am

I was thinking cartoons, but if we're going with live-action too, my favorite has to be Pirates of the Caribbean.
Kireihana

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:21 am

My favourite live action Disney is Pirates of the Carribean. My favourite cartoon Disney are The Lion King, Mulan and Tarzan. Emperor's New Groove was good and I quite enjoyed Atlantis. I enjoy most Disney movies but these are definetly my favourites. Lilo and Stitch was terrible and Toy Story was a Pixar movie, not Disney Movie. My favourite Pixar movie would be Monsters Inc. (Australia doesn't have the Incredibles yet). But I love all the Pixar's!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Little Momo » Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:12 am

I would have to say The Aristocats and thumbulina :grin:
Little Momo

Postby mastersquirrel » Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:57 am

Cartoons: The Great Mouse Detective and then The Resquers Down Under.
When I was little I watched Mouse Detective practically everyday and possibly more than once a day.
Live Action: Pirates of the Caribbean
Awesome action, awesome music, awesome movie. (...and really bad eggs... ;) )
[SIZE="1"]"If there's one thing that I know, it's that I know more than one thing." - Master Squirrel[/SIZE]
mastersquirrel

Postby Nate » Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:02 am

Cartoon...hmm, it's a toss-up. Either Aladdin or Lilo and Stitch.

Live action...now that's tougher. I'm honestly not too sure. I'm not sure if I've EVER been impressed with a live-action Disney movie. They tend to be too sappy and sentimental, which makes me wanna puke. Or, they're supposed to be a comedy, but being that I am over the age of six, I don't find them funny.

There probably IS a live-action Disney movie out there I like, but if I did it was so unimpressive that I've since forgotten about it.

EDIT: Oh, and just so you know, I haven't seen Pirates of the Carribbean, so I can't speak for it. Though from what I've heard it's probably pretty good. I may take back that last statement if I see it and like it.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:30 am

Robin Hood!!! I had a crush on Robin when I was seven. I guess I didn't totally realize he was a fox. . .
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:06 am

Jeikobu wrote:I really liked Lion King, Emperor's New Groove, the Santa Clause and Toy Story, but nothing touches Miracle. :D

Miracle... that was gunna be filmed in my town, but the city didn't want the "extra attention" since we already had part of the movie Insomnia filmed here... With Miracle though, Disney should've made a movie on how both Canada teams beat them in the last winter olympics (but like the American company would ruin their pride that way...)

*cough* anyhow... I love Emperor's New Groove! I used to love Lion King but now I'm protesting against it because of the high influence of Kimba/Leo the White Lion and Disney WERE looking into the show and gave Tezuka NO credit for it or anything... even if the story itself is based on some Kenya legend, the similarities are insane! http://www.kimbawlion.com/rant2.htm see for yourself to see why I'm against it...
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby jazz » Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:23 am

Tenshi no Ai wrote:
*cough* anyhow... I love Emperor's New Groove! I used to love Lion King but now I'm protesting against it because of the high influence of Kimba/Leo the White Lion and Disney WERE looking into the show and gave Tezuka NO credit for it or anything... even if the story itself is based on some Kenya legend, the similarities are insane! http://www.kimbawlion.com/rant2.htm see for yourself to see why I'm against it...

wow, that was really interesting! thanks for the info.......

my all time favorite will always be aladdin, and then i always liked the sword and the stone! :grin:
jazz

Postby Sharon Rose » Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:10 am

My favorite Disney movie. Hmm...That's a hard question. I'd have to think about that one.
A Face Without Freckles Is Like A Sky Without Stars :angel:

"Forbearing one another and forgiving one another, if any man quarrel against any, even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye." -Colossians 3:13

:dance:
Sharon Rose

Postby Kireihana » Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:44 pm

I've never seen Miracle. I'm not really into sports movies but if it's that good, maybe I should check it out.

And actually Pixar movies could sort of be counted as Disney, though I prefer to keep them separate. Out of all the Pixar movies so far my favorite is Finding Nemo. I haven't seen The Incredibles yet, either.

Tenshi no Ai wrote:I used to love Lion King but now I'm protesting against it because of the high influence of Kimba/Leo the White Lion and Disney WERE looking into the show and gave Tezuka NO credit for it or anything... even if the story itself is based on some Kenya legend, the similarities are insane!

Even so I still really like that movie. I was totally in love with the music of it when I was little.
Kireihana

Postby Lehn » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:10 pm

Robin Hood, Mulan, and Pocohantas :grin:
“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.â€
Lehn

Postby Cedahlia » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:50 pm

I love The Emperor's New Groove, The Lion King, Mulan and Tarzan. ^^; I am a BIG Disney fan and can't choose! (Although some would say I am too old for them...^^; ) I don't really like the new 3D movies like Monsters Inc. and such though. *sniffles* I wish they would continue making them like the old ones.
Cedahlia

Postby Jasdero » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:25 am

Bambi and Beauty and the Beast.
× s h i n i e s , y e s ? ×

does it not burn... LIKE THE SUN?!
Jasdero

Postby Hurricane » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:35 am

So hard to choose! I suppose that I would pick Pirates, Emperors New Groove, and Remember the Titans...but most of the others are really close.
"Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day. This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you, stand, Men of the West!" ~Aragorn, "Return of the King"
Image <-- Insomniac Banner by Aka-chan -->
Hurricane

Postby Aka-chan » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:53 am

Mulan (no matter how incorrect) and Aladdin. Yeah! ^__^
Aka-chan

Postby flashjack » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:23 am

I liked aladin, the genie was pure comedy gold!
If god is infinate, and the univerce is also infinate, would you like a toasted cheese sandwedge? :eh:
- Talky Toaster (Red Dwarf)
flashjack

Postby righteous_slave » Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:57 am

I would have to say Alice in Wonderland. There are so many cool images from that movie. The caterpiller, the Cheshire cat, the Mad Hatter. Of course the original illistrations were equally awesome as well. I can only imagine what would have happened if they would have done the whole book instead of just a few parts. Imagine what a Disney Jabberwocky would look like.
ImageImage
You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. Rom. 6:18

God can do anything, anytime, anyway He wants to.......if He wants to paint me blue and hang me upside down nekkid from an apple tree, thats alright, as long as it's God doing it. Of course, if He comes through with a directive like that, I might have to ask for some I.D. Michael Wanke
righteous_slave

Postby Rev. Doc » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:37 pm

My all time favortie Disney movie is Follow Me Boys. I saw it a few days ago on DVD at Wal Mart. I'm going to have to pick it up.
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Crossdive » Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:03 pm

my overall favorites have to be Emperor's New Groove, because it was HILARIOUS!!! Miracle, because it was very well done and was an incredible true story and a very inspiring movie (and besides, it's about HOCKEY!!! :D), and Remember the Titans for about the same things as Miracle (minus the based off a certain sport thing)...
Jesus is Lord.
Crossdive

Location: Where would you live if you were me? But seriously, Colorado. (Someday, I'll be in Nihon!)

Postby Little Momo » Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:32 pm

For live action I would have to say The parent Trap. Both the origanal and the new one. I also liked The Pirates of the carribian.
Little Momo

Postby gundam743 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:37 pm

Actually, my friends at school and I had a discussion about this a few months ago, and it really is a tough choice, but I'm definetly gonna have to go with Mulan. Mushu's the best!!
"The difference between leading yourself or following God is being all you want to be, or being all you can be."
gundam743

Postby Souba » Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:46 pm

I just love Beauty and the beast! I think I have that movie memorized, and I can do a pretty good impression of belle's voice singing. ;) I also like Goofy cartoons, so A goofy movie would be next on the list. Live action? Iron Will, that movie is my absolute fav.
God Bless,
Souba
@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~

[color="RoyalBlue"]We are not saved by the Law, but by Grace[/color]

@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~
Souba

Location: Second star to the right and straight on until morning!

Postby blue whisper » Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:58 pm

Well, "action-wise"- "Pirates of the Carribean" (just because the music is phenomenal)...

But "cartoon-wise" it would have to be "The Lion King", "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" or "Aladdin".

It is fun because I get to watch all of these movies with the children I babysit and with my younger siblings. :D

.:: Romans 8:28 ::.
ImageImage
blue whisper

Postby JediSonic » Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:03 am

My favorite disney cartoon is The Emporer's New groove, but Pirates of the Carribean is just as good (maybe better) in a different way :)

I've only seen the incredbiles once, so I dont know if it will end up dethroning Finding Nemo as my favorite pixar movie or not. The cool thing about pixar is the stuff gets phenominally better every movie or two, with the advance of technology! Whats sad is they're splitting up.. and "Cars" aint looking too good either :(
JediSonic

Postby MorwenLaicoriel » Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:13 am

I basically stick Disney movies into three catagories in my head--cartoon musicals, non-musical animated movies, and live action. XD

Musical: Beauty and the Beast. Hands down. I love other movies (like Lion King and Aladdin), but Beauty and the Beast is just SUCH a good movie!! Belle is a great twist on the traditional Disney Princess, too--not incredibly weak and dependant like, say, Snow White or Cinderella, but not an exaggerated, Warrior Princess-type character made just to impress feminists, either. Great movie.

Non-Musical: Treasure Planet. It's a great twist on the original book, setting it in a fantasy, space-traveling world. The imagery of a ship floating through space is just really a sight to see, and the characters are all deep and well-voiced. And the animation is just breathtaking. It's a shame this movie wasn't too popular, I love it.

Live action: This is a tough one...I like a lot of the classic Hayley Mills ones, like The Parent Trap and That Darn Cat. I also like Candleshoe and The Love Bug a lot. The remakes of Parent Trap and Freaky Friday are also really good.
[url=l33tbeat.blogspot.com]l33t beat[/url] -- News, reviews and opinions on anime, video games, and fantasy fiction
MorwenLaicoriel

Postby Zane » Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:02 am

I personally only assocciate Disney with animation so Im going to stick with that.

Bernhart und Bianca in Kangarooland (The Rescuers Down-Under, ins better in German, seriously)
Basil, Der Grosse Maeuse Detective (don't know the enlgish title for that one, its disneys version of Sherlock Holmes)
Those are my childhood favrioutes.

But Tarzan, Emperors New Groove, (havn't seen Mulan but Im sure it would also be there), and all the old Goffy and Donal Duck Movies are classic, A Goffy Movie rocked.
Zane

Postby shadowblade » Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:37 pm

A Goofy Movie, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, The Emperor's New Groove, Peter Pan and The Lion King have got to be my favorite Disney movies. I really enjoy all the Pixar movies too, specially Toy Story and Finding Nemo. Dori is just too funny! :)

Proud Member of the Challengers Guild ^_^

Life is not about us using God for our purposes, but about Him using us for His purposes.

Faith is not creating a false reality, but acknowledging God's promises for us.

The dreams I dream for you
Are deeper than the ones your clinging to
Let the old dreams die
Like stars that fade from view
And take the cup I offer
And drink deeply of the dreams I dream for you
-Avalon

[color=Navy]Bill: Ted, you and I have witnessed many things, but nothing as bodacious as what just happened.
Besides, we told ourselves to listen to this guy...
Ted: But what if we were lying?
Bill: Why would we lie to ourselves?
-Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
[/color]
shadowblade

Next

Return to General Entertainment