Star Wars Trilogy DVDs

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Star Wars Trilogy DVDs

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:26 pm

BUT I REALLY MEANT 21ST!

COUNT-DOWN!!

21 days remain

EDIT: Its 12:03... 20 DAYS REMAIN!

EDIT: 19 DAYS REMAIN

Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Stephen » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:20 pm

Moved to movie boards.
Stephen

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:43 pm

I thought it came out on September 21...?
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:21 pm

I am so stupid...
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Lehn » Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:42 am

:lol: Don't worry, we all have our days.
Lehn

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:47 am

nyah, I'm bumping this thread cuz we got the Star Wars DVDs yesterday. w00t! it's so awesome. I was checking out the special features disc, and the "Empire of Dreams" documentary thing was actually pretty interesting to watch.

the changing of Boba Fett's voice in Empire wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. as a matter of fact, I could barely tell they changed it. (which raises the question, if it sounds so similar, why change it in the first place? XD)

also, when they put in Ian McDiarmid as the Emperor in Empire instead of that random dude they had before, it was actually kinda cool.

I have yet to watch Return of the Jedi, but it was never my favorite anyway XD I really hope that bit about Sebastian Shaw being replaced by Hayden Christensen at the very, very end was just a rumor...>_>

so! who else bought the trilogy?

edit: btw MrSP, I'ma edit the thread title.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Link Antilles » Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:29 am

Unfortunately, I still don’t have the extra money to buy them. Anyone willing to donate to the LinkAntillesNeedsYourMoneyFund (LA-NYMF for short)?

Even though I didn’t have any money, I still went to Best Buy… Ha-Ha.. which is a funny/cool story….

As the doors of the store slide open to the store, an employee of Best Buy ran straight past me dressed as Darth Vader! To my left, a lady was dress as Princess Leia and far down was a guy dress as Luke. lol, I can see it now as a head-line at theforce.net (Star Wars news site): “Skywalker family sited at Bestbuy!â€
Link Antilles

Postby Stephen » Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:36 am

I saw them playing ROTJ at Suncoast....and we could not see where they replaced Vader with Hayden at the end....this was after the duel of Vader and Luke where the Emperor went for a jump.
Stephen

Postby kaji » Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:47 am

Though I have been waiting years for this, I havent gotten the trilogy yet. Its one of those things that I really hope my wife buys for me, because I would feel guilty spending the money on it my self. :lol:

Maybe by Christmas.

LA wrote:I've only gotten about as far in SW as Ben's place on Tatooine (but have flipped around a bit), but I have fallen on love all over again. That opening scene with the Star Destroyer looks and sounds so awesome. At that point I was thinking, I don't care if Han shoots first. I don't care of Hayden is in. I don't care if they redid the Emperor in ESB. Seeing the film in its full glory puts those changes into the proper perspective for me. Despite all the whining and moaning, Star Wars is still the Star Wars I loved as a kid. The magic is still there.
Well said, well said. ;)
Depend on it. God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply. He is too wise a God to frustrate His purposes for lack of funds, and He can just as easily supply them ahead of time as afterwards, and He much prefers doing so.
- J. Hudson Taylor
I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby Yojimbo » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:02 pm

I'll be buying it very soon. And Shatterheart I think Shiroi meant they replaced the "spirit" Anakin at the end with Hayden not the scarred up Shaw.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:01 pm

arrgh, they really did do it! >.<
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby cbwing0 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:18 pm

I got the dvds the first day (widescreen, of course :thumb: ), and I have to say that they are...not that much different than I remember them :P . The biggest difference is the picture quality, which is greatly improved.

The changes didn't really detract from the movie in my opinion, and some of them (like Boba Fett's voice, and the new image of the emperor) were pretty cool. I haven't watched Return of the Jedi yet, though.
cbwing0

Postby agasfas » Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:06 pm

I've never actually seen the Stars Wars trilogy. Actually the only one i've ever seen was Episode 1.
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.." Prov 17:22

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
Sorry, but I stop being a teacher at 5 o'clock. - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Postby Yojimbo » Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:31 pm

Woah...well go see them then. If all you've seen is Episode 1 then you're getting a very bad view of Star Wars.:P
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby Namelessknight » Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:39 pm

Episode 1 and 2[and 3 too] sucked, period. Lucas sucks. Even tho he did the original StarWars extremely well, he screwed up the dvd release by replacing Shaw with Haydon. That ruined the whole thing. I hated Lucas and cried and was depressed for a couple of days. Well, what is done is done. But if i ever see Lucas in person, and there is some kind of object around, like even a styrofoam cup, his life will be in serious danger....
His Strength was as the Strength of Ten, for His Heart was Pure

My blog=[url=elfenknight.blogspot.com]Knightly Ruminations[/url]
Namelessknight

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:47 pm

yeah, replacing Shaw = BAD IDEA. but the movies are still good. actually I never really liked ROTJ that much anyway, but that's just me. ESB pwns ROTJ in my opinion :p
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Ichigo_89 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:33 pm

Namelessknight wrote:Episode 1 and 2[and 3 too] sucked, period. Lucas sucks. Even tho he did the original StarWars extremely well, he screwed up the dvd release by replacing Shaw with Haydon. That ruined the whole thing. I hated Lucas and cried and was depressed for a couple of days. Well, what is done is done. But if i ever see Lucas in person, and there is some kind of object around, like even a styrofoam cup, his life will be in serious danger....

*trys to not think of what horrible act you'd do against Lucas* Ah, what the heck, just go ahead and choke him. :sweat:
Ichigo_89

Postby blkmage » Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:15 pm

he screwed up the dvd release by replacing Shaw with Haydon

Only in the ghost part, which makes sense, sort of.

Does anyone know if he replaced the Stormtrooper voices and Boba Fett's voice with Jango Fett's? That'd be what kills the trilogy for me.
blkmage

Postby Jeikobu » Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:58 am

This makes me very angry. LEAVE THE FILMS ALONE! It makes me mad enough that they have all this added in stuff like the Jabba scene in Ep IV and the dance scene in Ep VI. But this new stuff (like replacing Boba's voice and putting Hayden Christensen at the end of ROTJ) takes the cake. It makes me not even want to buy the box set. I'd rather buy the original films on VHS and try to get them on the computer and burn them to blank DVDs once my dad gets a DVD burner. Because this is ridiculous. It takes too much enjoyment out of the films. It would have been better for them to make it like this on the DVDs: when you tell it to play the movie, have an option to watch the original version, or the newer version. That would'vebeen so much better.
"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders; and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6

[SIZE="3"]Please give and help Japan during this awful time![/SIZE]

Please visit my Photobucket and tell me what you think!
Jeikobu

Postby Crossdive » Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:32 pm

that's exactly what I say Jeikobu. ;) George Lucas can shut his mouth, that article you found (which you should post) says it all... I have had it, do it like my X-Men 1.5 movie DVD, have the basic film, go to special features and pick to insert the added stuff, or, watch it the way it should be, not the way mister add in new stuff makes it now...
Jesus is Lord.
Crossdive

Location: Where would you live if you were me? But seriously, Colorado. (Someday, I'll be in Nihon!)

Return to General Entertainment