Any Tim Burton fans?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Any Tim Burton fans?

Postby greyscale42 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:37 pm

One of my favorite directoors is Tim Burton. :rock:
For those of you who dont know his name here is a list of a few of his films.

1.The Nightmare Before Christmas
2.Sleepy Hollow
3.Beetlejuice
4.Big Fish
5.Edward Scissorhands
6.The Addams Family
7.Batman
8.Batman Returns

Are there any fans here besides me? :sweat:
greyscale42

Postby Spencer » Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:18 pm

I liked Big Fish a whole bunch, and I'm a Depp fan, so I also liked Sleepy Hollow and Edward Scissorhands. I think he's made some pretty cool movies. They're all pretty different from most of the stuff out there.
:)
Spencer

Postby Spirit_Wolf8356 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:59 pm

Loved Nightmare Before Christmas, Beetlejuice, The Addams Family and the Batmans. ^_^ Haven't seen the other, so...yeah...

But Beetlejuice is such an awesome movie. :thumb:

The choice has been made. There's no looking back. I won't let up, back up, give up, or shut up. My focus clear. My path is straight. My God, reliable. I'm a disciple of Christ.

Gods plan is like the sun. its too big and bright to look at directly, and sometimes the rain clouds cover it, but sometimes the plan dapples through the clouds and we can see beautiful glimpses of what he has in store for us.
Spirit_Wolf8356

Postby righteous_slave » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:40 am

Nightmare Before Christmas is one of my favorites. The character designs were so awesome, and I love good stop motion animation. Beetlejuice was cool too, I loved the waiting room scene with all the weird dead people.
ImageImage
You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. Rom. 6:18

God can do anything, anytime, anyway He wants to.......if He wants to paint me blue and hang me upside down nekkid from an apple tree, thats alright, as long as it's God doing it. Of course, if He comes through with a directive like that, I might have to ask for some I.D. Michael Wanke
righteous_slave

Postby Gypsy » Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:51 am

I enjoyed Nightmare Before Christmas.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Lightbringer » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:30 am

Same as Gypsy and co. Nightmare before Christmas was most enjoyable though somewhat wierd . but who doesn't like a little wierdness.

I loved the first two batman movies. they tear up on the more recent films. As far as im concerned Keeton is the real batman. like Sean Connery is the real James Bond.
Lightbringer // Aaron

Image Image
Join up! Darklight-The Chronicles of Tairis epic RPG
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=5233
Lightbringer

Postby emoanimechild » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:41 am

yes I am a fan I really liked Edward Scissorhand :thumb:
emoanimechild

Postby shadowblade » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:46 am

Beetlejuice and the Batman movies are cool, but The Nightmare Before Christmas is my favorite movie of all time! :) I actually did a speech on that movie in one of my classes. :D The songs are awesome, the storyline's cool and different and I just love stop-motion animation. :D

Proud Member of the Challengers Guild ^_^

Life is not about us using God for our purposes, but about Him using us for His purposes.

Faith is not creating a false reality, but acknowledging God's promises for us.

The dreams I dream for you
Are deeper than the ones your clinging to
Let the old dreams die
Like stars that fade from view
And take the cup I offer
And drink deeply of the dreams I dream for you
-Avalon

[color=Navy]Bill: Ted, you and I have witnessed many things, but nothing as bodacious as what just happened.
Besides, we told ourselves to listen to this guy...
Ted: But what if we were lying?
Bill: Why would we lie to ourselves?
-Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
[/color]
shadowblade

Postby greyscale42 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:52 am

Its good to see im not alone. :)
greyscale42

Postby PumpkinKoRn52 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:06 pm

Burton rules! Only Alfred Hitchcock and Ridley Scott beat him in directing. Edward Sisccorhands is one of my favorite movies of all time. Burton is an artistic genious.
"Relax, turn around, and take my hand." Tool
"Heir Kommt Die Sonne." Rammestein
"Now the world is gone, I'm just one. Oh please God help me." Metallica
"Are You Ready?!?" KoRn
"All and all your just another brick in the wall." Pink Floyd.
The downfall of society will be society itself.
Rap is the malignant tumor of the music industry.
I HATE LINKIN PARK
PumpkinKoRn52

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:16 pm

I love his use of bright, loud colors. It worked especially well in Scissorhands to contrast the moody darkness of Edward himself.
Also, I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that Batman and Batman Returns were definitely the best films of the series. Burton brought back the original comic book Batman who was grim and mysterious and not afraid to kill the bad guy. I'm not sure who directed the rest of the Batman films, but whoever it was totally dropped the ball.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby greyscale42 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:31 pm

SpoonyBard wrote:I love his use of bright, loud colors. It worked especially well in Scissorhands to contrast the moody darkness of Edward himself.
Also, I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that Batman and Batman Returns were definitely the best films of the series. Burton brought back the original comic book Batman who was grim and mysterious and not afraid to kill the bad guy. I'm not sure who directed the rest of the Batman films, but whoever it was totally dropped the ball.

Agreed. Most definitely.
greyscale42

Postby Zedian » Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:13 pm

I love Burton's strong sense of artistry, in particular when it comes to alleviating a movies atmosphere with a nicely chosen set of colors and props. Edward Scissorhands, the first two Batman films and Sleepy Hollow come to mind.

Also, the guy outdid himself by pleasently making something dark yet fun-loving with Nightmare Before Christmas.
Zedian

Postby Uriah » Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:57 pm

*Shows up in his jack and sally sweatshirt, with jack earmuffs on, wearing bone daddy cologne*

TNBC Rocks!
Uriah

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:02 am

NMBC rocks, Big Fish was one of the best dramas I have ever seen. (wears NMBC shirt all day)

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Yojimbo » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:06 pm

I loved Nightmare Before Christmas, The Batman movies, Scissorhands, and of course Big Fish. I loved Big Fish so much because that reminded me sooo much of my own dad. It was kinda funny too because when I rented it I watched it with him and we both got a kick outta that.:)
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby EvilSporkofDoom » Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:02 pm

I love all of Tim Burton's movies.. he's my favourite director :D It's hard to pick a favourite, but I think I'd have to say Edward Scissorhands. I look forward to seeing his rendition of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, too!
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
-Hebrews 11:6

EvilSporkofDoom

Postby Twilly Spree » Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:50 pm

Huge fan!! Wes Anderson and him are my two favorite directors as of late. Big Fish is flat out brilliant.
Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away.
-Sex in the City
Twilly Spree

Postby Jeikobu » Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:40 am

Tim Burton is one of my favorite directors and I highly respect hm, soley for his work on Batman and Batman Returns. Before 1989, Batman was a geeky-looking character played by Adam West. It didn't work. But when Batman hit theaters in 1989, Tim Burton made Batman the way he should be-dark and mysterious, and still a very deep character. That movie is Batman at his very best. I don't know if Burton could've done better. It's my favorite super hero-related film ever. The movie has you completely interested, from the classic yet chilling entrance on the rooftop, to the very end where he stands atop a high bulding watching the Bat Signal. This movie is probably the reason why Batman is my favorite super hero character. This film is a masterpiece. Batman Returns I didn't like as much as the original, but it was still nothnig short of excellent. Burton did another brilliant job on this one. Still dark like the first one, and still with a good plot with deep characters. Too bad Schumacher's two films couldn't hold a candle to Burton's.
"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders; and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6

[SIZE="3"]Please give and help Japan during this awful time![/SIZE]

Please visit my Photobucket and tell me what you think!
Jeikobu

Postby Jeikobu » Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:41 am

Oops, double post, gomen nasai! ^^;
"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders; and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6

[SIZE="3"]Please give and help Japan during this awful time![/SIZE]

Please visit my Photobucket and tell me what you think!
Jeikobu

Postby lobsterbucket » Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:36 pm

He is definitly my favorite director. I can't think of too many things better than relaxing in front of a good Burton movie with some good friends.
lobsterbucket

Postby Crossdive » Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:55 pm

well, I LOVED LOVED LOVED his work in Batman and Batman Returns, but other than that I don't remember seeing much of his work...
Jesus is Lord.
Crossdive

Location: Where would you live if you were me? But seriously, Colorado. (Someday, I'll be in Nihon!)

Postby harina » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:36 am

:o I honestly didn't know that he directec also Batman.. and Batman returns. Personally i don't like that much Batman movies (except the one where's the catwoman and the penguin. That isn't a Tim Burton movie, is it?)

I have seen Nightmare before christmas and Edward scissorhands and love them both. ^^
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. [Hebr. 11:1]
harina

Postby greyscale42 » Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:55 am

harina wrote:... Personally i don't like that much Batman movies (except the one where's the catwoman and the penguin. That isn't a Tim Burton movie, is it?) ...

Yes it is its Batman Returns. :)
greyscale42

Return to General Entertainment