you know that movie that you can watch over and over.......

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

you know that movie that you can watch over and over.......

Postby merrick » Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:58 am

i like ALOT movies, but usually i can only watch them once and then i can't watch them again for a while cause they kinda bore me. but the one movie that i can watch over and over and over and over(get the point), is disneys' Beauty and the Beast. i know i'm old already and that's a children's movie but i still love it, especially the song sung by mrs. potts.
[color=Blue]tomorrow is a brand new day

if it doesn't kill you it'll make you stronger"[/color]

"When you come to the edge of all you know and are about to step into the unknown, faith is knowing that there will be something firm to step on or you will be taught how to fly"

"though i walk through the valley of the shadow of death i shall fear no evil for thou art with me" psalms 23
merrick

Postby shadowblade » Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:13 am

Beauty and the Beast is a good movie. "You look so...so..." "Stupid." Lol. Well, there's actually a few movies that I can watch over and over again and not get bored. Let's see... Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, The Emperor's New Groove, and The Nightmare Before Christmas. I can't get enough of those movies. :)

Proud Member of the Challengers Guild ^_^

Life is not about us using God for our purposes, but about Him using us for His purposes.

Faith is not creating a false reality, but acknowledging God's promises for us.

The dreams I dream for you
Are deeper than the ones your clinging to
Let the old dreams die
Like stars that fade from view
And take the cup I offer
And drink deeply of the dreams I dream for you
-Avalon

[color=Navy]Bill: Ted, you and I have witnessed many things, but nothing as bodacious as what just happened.
Besides, we told ourselves to listen to this guy...
Ted: But what if we were lying?
Bill: Why would we lie to ourselves?
-Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
[/color]
shadowblade

Postby Ichigo_89 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:23 am

I watch Gundam Wing Endless Waltz at least once a month. I used to watch it every week when I first got it. ^_^ I just can't get over how cool it was.I dunno of any others besides The Matrix. :rock:
Ichigo_89

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:10 am

ZIPO_MASTER* wrote:I dunno of any others besides The Matrix. :rock:

Yeah Matrix is still great. Everytime it's on TV I usally end up tuning in because it never seems to get old!

Letsee... I used to be able to watch Billy Madison like ALL THE TIME, but I think I finally over watched it. Nothing's funny anymore :/

Mononoke Hime would be another. Just an awsome movie!
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Stephen » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:36 am

Moved to the movie board.
Stephen

Postby JoyfulSongs » Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:51 pm

Pride and Prejudice. I'm not as devoted as some of my friends are, though. They can practically quote the whole thing!
JoyfulSongs

Postby Yojimbo » Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:56 pm

The movie that I could watch over and over again would have to be Apocalypse Now. I think it has to be Coppola's best movie in terms of characters, visuals, and screenplay. It was way ahead of it's time in 79 in every aspect. I still get giddy when the 1st Cav waste Vindrin Dop with Wagner playing from the Hueys. Who can forget the part when they reach the Do Lung bridge outpost with the horrifying music, mortars lighting up the sky, frentic yelling, and of course the scene with The Roach was a classic. I love the final leg down the river into Cambodia, the surrealness of it and the haunting music. And of course when Willard finally reaches Kurtz hearing Brando never gets old. While it's an extreme exageration of events in Vietnam and plays into the steryotype of that war I can ignore that and still love it.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby ZionPsalmist » Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:57 pm

Being a film student i never really get tired of movies, but the ones i can watch ALL the time are 10 Things I hate about You and Shrek. Also anything by Pixar never gets boaring.

P.S. Yojimbo, you a film student by anychance? you sound like you know a thing or two about movies.
It is easy to miss the possibility that every person who crosses your path can become an event and a memory, good or bad, to fill in the hours with experience instead of tedium, to break the monotony of the passing moments. Those wasted moments, those hours of sameness, of routine, are the enemy, I say, are little stretches of death within the moments of life. - Drizzt Do'Urden

Jesus- the original rebel :rock:

Image <-- Insomniac Banner by Aka-chan -->
ZionPsalmist

Postby Yojimbo » Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:17 pm

ZionPsalmist wrote:P.S. Yojimbo, you a film student by anychance? you sound like you know a thing or two about movies.

Lol no but I DID take a Film Literature class last year. *ohh ahh*

I just know alot about the movies I like.;)
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby livxamlis » Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:21 pm

i love LOTR (Lord of the Rings). It's a long movie (trilogy) altogether, but it's soooo good and so sad too. Can't get enough of it. I've watched it like a million times.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][color="Red"][SIZE="3"][font="Century Gothic"]
If He can accept me... I don't see why others should judge me.. I am determined to succeed for him, and him alone[/font][/SIZE][/color]
----- [color="Red"]♥♥♥♡[/color] [SIZE="4"][color="Black"]Forever in love with God[/color][/SIZE] [color="Red"]♡♥♥♥[/color] -----
livxamlis

Postby oro! » Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:10 am

livxamlis wrote:i love LOTR (Lord of the Rings). It's a long movie (trilogy) altogether, but it's soooo good and so sad too. Can't get enough of it. I've watched it like a million times.

Same with me.
I used to watch Gumby :red: all the time when I was much younger. My brother finally got tired of it and hid the tape from me. I was so sad. oF course i've gotten over it; that's exactly why I had to write it.
Let's think.... I watched Gladiatior like 100 times. I kow it's so gory an' stuff, but I love the story. I once thought that maybe if I watched it a hundered times, the ending might change, it didn't.
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby Ssjjvash » Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:28 am

Lemme see, I've seen almost every movie in our house so very many times! I'll only name a few for the sake of your eyes. lol.

X-men, Spiderman
Soldier,
The Iron Giant,
The Santa Clause w/ Tim Allen
Meltdown,
Monster's Inc.
Alladin...
Hangman's Curse
and the list goes on...
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone
And so hold on when there is nothing left in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!' ...you'll be a Man, my son!

Rudyard Kipling

Satan, bite the dust!Image

"You are not who your mistakes say you are; you are not the sum of your failures!"---Rev. Billy Miller

Proverbs 18:24
Ssjjvash

Postby bigsleepj » Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:39 am

* "Fargo" by Joel and Ethan Coen. Yes, it's overly violent and brutal, but when I saw it I realised that I have never seen anything like it. Watch it about twice a week for the next month and never got tired. Not everyone's cup of tea though.

* "Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro". I'm a big fan!

* "Spirited Away". You can watch it several times and never tire.

* "Raiders of the Lost Ark" and "Star Wars Episodes IV, V & VI"

* "Operation Condor" A sequel (sort of) to another Jackie Chan movie, this one IS the best Jackie Chan movie there is and beats the pants off his Hollywood movies. The final fight inside a gigantic Nazi base has some of Chan's best (and funniest) fight-scenes. Oh yes, and it still is one of the most expensive movies ever to come out of Hong Kong.

* Seven Samurai: Just great. One of the greatest movies ever made.
bigsleepj

Postby glitch1501 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:46 am

Remember the Titans

i think ive seen it 300 times, we used to watch it all the time at church when we didnt have anything to do lol

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb: