I don't know where to post this, but I'm being blackmailed

Talk about anything in here.

Postby CobaltAngel » Sun Sep 14, 2003 5:31 am

I don't claim to be an expert on this type of thing but, if it was me, I'd fill your family in before it starts happening and if need be, show them the threats.
[align=right][align=center]
Invisible Children || Justice For Children

[/align]

[/align]
CobaltAngel

Postby MillyFan » Sun Sep 14, 2003 2:00 pm

So far, I think I may be in the clear. An online friend of mine happened to like the story I flamed and actually thought it was good, so I asked her to mediate the dispute for me.

Hopefully, I will be recieving no lemon yaoi spam. :)

Thanks to doukeshi03 from otakuboards for the banner!

First, Ban all the Trolls. . . :bootout:

Hey, whatever happened to "thou shalt not steal" anyway?

Guess which bishounen is my avatar.
MillyFan

Postby deleria » Sun Sep 14, 2003 7:18 pm

MillyFan, why don't you just not have your email address displayed in your FF.net profile OR set up an account with Yahoo or hotmail and have all your FF.net related mail go there? (display that yahoo address in your profile, etc.)

Or, you could report that person to FF.net for abusing the review system...

Seriously, you did flame first in this situation. I'm kind of surprised by your reaction to this. Did you not expect retaliation?

I guess my perspective is different than yours because the NC-17 fanfiction writers have been flaming VALL since it started. They're a vindictive bunch. If you're going to flame them, be prepared to be flamed back. That's what you're getting now with this whole blackmail thing. I'm sorry it's happening to you.

If I were in your shoes, I'd change my email address with FF.net ASAP. That's the only proactive thing you can do right now to protect yourself.

Good luck.
deleria

Postby Mithrandir » Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:25 pm

I have to admit. From a LE stand point (law enforcment), the advice to tell your parents in advance it SOOOO acurate. Here's what you do. Walk in and (in the midst of another conversation) say, "I think I may get some crap spam from..." blah blah blah. Say it totally off hand. Afterall, all spam should be treated as such, and if you let these slime buckets black mail you with threats of spam, well, that's just crap. I'm sorry, but if your parents don't realize that EVERONE get's pr0n spam, they need to get a clue. I mean, my pastor get's TONS of the stuff, and his parents don't tell HIM to drop his internet... Oh wait, he doesn't live with his parents...

Well, if they tell you to stop using the i/n because you get pr0n spam, deal. It's their decision. But I DO NOT advise you to not tell them.

But, I'm not in the situation. If you tell them, everyone on (blah blah) is getting this crap, and it's like, totally terrorist propiganda stuff, they should be cool.

Or whatever. Can you tell I'm opinionated on this subject? I apologize if I offended you or anyone else, but I feel pretty strongly about some of this stuff.
Mithrandir

Postby MillyFan » Sun Sep 14, 2003 9:44 pm

-^.^- Thanks for the info, all of you.

Thanks to doukeshi03 from otakuboards for the banner!

First, Ban all the Trolls. . . :bootout:

Hey, whatever happened to "thou shalt not steal" anyway?

Guess which bishounen is my avatar.
MillyFan

Return to General