Favourite Movie Poster

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Favourite Movie Poster

Postby bigsleepj » Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:45 pm

What is your favourite movie poster? Oh come on, you must have one! One that you can't help but think is the best thing since warm soup (who likes cold soup?). Post a picture if possible.

My favourite goes to this stark poster for Alfred Hitchcock's 1958 movie "Vertigo". It seems to sum up the idea behind the movie very well.

What's your favourite poster?
bigsleepj

Postby Kireihana » Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:59 pm

Just love how this portrays the smallness of the Fellowship and the hugeness of Middle-Earth. And the art is gorgeous. ^_^
Kireihana

Postby Link Antilles » Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:07 pm

"Are you not entertained?!"
Link Antilles

Postby Yojimbo » Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:58 pm

Why? Because it rocks.

"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby Hephzibah » Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:58 pm

I have to agree with Kirei... though another one I like is:

Hephzibah

Postby righteous_slave » Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:23 am

The first Star Wars poster. It's just a beautiful painting. Unfortunately, I don't have an image of it to post.
ImageImage
You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. Rom. 6:18

God can do anything, anytime, anyway He wants to.......if He wants to paint me blue and hang me upside down nekkid from an apple tree, thats alright, as long as it's God doing it. Of course, if He comes through with a directive like that, I might have to ask for some I.D. Michael Wanke
righteous_slave

Postby Yojimbo » Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:03 pm

"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

Yojimbo

Postby Yojimbo » Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:05 pm

Double post

Yojimbo

Postby righteous_slave » Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:42 pm

Thanks Yojimbo, but actually I meant the on with a smaller Luke standing in the middle, lightsaber pointed straight up, standing on a rock Leia kind of squatted down beside him, I can't remember where Han was and how he was posed, and Vader's helmet kind of fading into the space scene above them all. I believe it was done before all the actors were picked, so the faces don't match them perfectly. Very Boris Vellejo (sp? fantasy artist) looking.
ImageImage
You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. Rom. 6:18

God can do anything, anytime, anyway He wants to.......if He wants to paint me blue and hang me upside down nekkid from an apple tree, thats alright, as long as it's God doing it. Of course, if He comes through with a directive like that, I might have to ask for some I.D. Michael Wanke
righteous_slave

Postby Jeikobu » Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:30 am

"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders; and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6

[SIZE="3"]Please give and help Japan during this awful time![/SIZE]

Please visit my Photobucket and tell me what you think!
Jeikobu

Postby righteous_slave » Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:06 am

Yup that's the one. Thanks, Jeikobo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ImageImage

righteous_slave

Postby Jeikobu » Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:33 pm

Dou itashimashite. Google Image Search can be a great thing.
"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders; and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6

[SIZE="3"]Please give and help Japan during this awful time![/SIZE]

Please visit my Photobucket and tell me what you think!
Jeikobu

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:36 pm

神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Return to General Entertainment