The Lord of the Rings: Special edition

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

The Lord of the Rings: Special edition

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:16 pm

I Can't Wate For It To Come Out, Who's With Me!!!!
SorasOathkeeper

Postby dareiq s'an » Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:24 pm

I LOVE LOTR its the best movies ever!!! I'm so excited:rock:
dareiq s'an

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:49 pm

<("<) <( " )> (>")> <-- Kirby dance YOU BET THEY ARE!!!
SorasOathkeeper

Postby Godly Paladin » Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:16 am

I preordered my copy off Buy.com recently! WOOT!
ImageImage
Godly Paladin

Postby Stephen » Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:26 pm

I have been waiting for the whole thing to come out together...with the extra disks and all....add that to the Friday the 13th set, the Original Star Wars Trilogy. I'm never gonna have money again...
Stephen

Postby Link Antilles » Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:38 pm

I am too impatient to wait for the big one in all set (and too poor to buy it all at once). So, I already have the EE versions of TTT and FotR.... and I'm wating for the RotK EE..... hey, did I ever mention this... anyone seen the box art? It's BEEEAUUTTIFUL! It's the bee's knees! The very bending point of insect leggery! It's perfect!

*hugs his nonexistant copy of the ROTK EE*

Anyways, speaking of box art.... have they released the concept of it for the big set? Just curious... I haven't been to any of the LotR sites in a looong time.
Link Antilles

Postby dareiq s'an » Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:36 pm

I hear that they have the scene were the witch king fights gandalf
dareiq s'an

Postby oro! » Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:49 pm

I can't wait either. But, I may have to stoop to watchin' it at someone else's place. No tengo dinero. I really MUST get a job.
Does anyone have a clue of what extra scenes there'll be?
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby Godly Paladin » Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:19 pm

There are articles all over the place on it. Try one of the LoTR Fan sites, maybe.
ImageImage
Godly Paladin

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:53 pm

Extra sceens: Gandalf confronts Sarumon. Aragorn with Eowyn in the house of healing. Eowyn meets Faramir in the house of healing. Aragorn fights the mouth of Sauron. Witch king confronts Gandalf. <-- Those are all i know of but my frind and i *were both crazy with lotr* think that the Watchers might be in it.
SorasOathkeeper

Postby dareiq s'an » Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:01 pm

I'm trying my hardest to be patient >_< It sounds so cool!
dareiq s'an

Postby oro! » Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:20 pm

SorasOathkeeper wrote:Extra sceens: Gandalf confronts Sarumon. Aragorn with Eowyn in the house of healing. Eowyn meets Faramir in the house of healing. Aragorn fights the mouth of Sauron. Witch king confronts Gandalf. <-- Those are all i know of but my frind and i *were both crazy with lotr* think that the Watchers might be in it.

So cool! It is too sad they can't bring in the "Scourging of the Shire" part. I loved that in the book. I wondered what happened to the mouth of Sauron and healing house. I soo must watch this when it comes out!!!
Now for some dancing bananas:
:dance: :dance: :dance:
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:07 am

I KNOW!!!! *thinks of lotr*

Ha! dancing bananas look at dancing KIRBY!!! <("<) <( " )> (>")>
SorasOathkeeper

Postby Lady Arianrod » Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:08 pm

Is the extended ROTK edition coming out in November?
~Life is the art of drawing without an eraser~

Lady Arianrod, lover of nature and fire.

Hello there! I'm back after a long break! I started watching anime again in 2016. I still check the forum too!

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33
Lady Arianrod

Postby Jasdero » Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:32 pm

oh.. you're talking about the Return of the King's Special Edition [DVD]? I already have the first two... and I have a feeling that most of you do, too. ^^

Lady Arianrod wrote:Is the extended ROTK edition coming out in November?

Nope, unlike the previous two, this one decided to be original and come out on December 14th. XD
× s h i n i e s , y e s ? ×

does it not burn... LIKE THE SUN?!
Jasdero

Postby Lady Arianrod » Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:22 pm

Sunako wrote:oh.. you're talking about the Return of the King's Special Edition [DVD]? I already have the first two... and I have a feeling that most of you do, too. ^^

Nope, unlike the previous two, this one decided to be original and come out on December 14th. XD

December? Noooo!

Hello there! I'm back after a long break! I started watching anime again in 2016. I still check the forum too!

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33
Lady Arianrod

Postby oro! » Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:02 pm

Too far away! I think I heard them say 50 minutes extra. Is that true?
oro!

Postby Locke » Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:59 am

December !?!?

dang... ive seen all of the extended movies ( the only LOTR movies ive seen, i scipped the theater version )

50 min sounds sweet just hope they put in the Scouring of The Shire
Secret Bumping Club Member #10 - geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the halfling.
Locke

Postby agasfas » Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:05 pm

To be honest I haven't even seen the first Lord of the Rings. I'm so behind on the times. Initially i wanted to wait until all three movies where out because I didn't want to goto a theatre and sit for 3.5 hrs to see a sequel then another 3 hrs for another sequel. And now all of them are out, I don't want to sit for 10hrs to watch it. Though I could just watch one at a time.....
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.." Prov 17:22

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
Sorry, but I stop being a teacher at 5 o'clock. - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Postby Hephzibah » Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:41 pm

I seriously doubt they will put in the Scouring of the Shire... though its a pity. The ending is far too boring without it... btw, has anyone else noticed how SLOWLY everyone speaks at the end? It drives me crazy!!!!!

Anyway, back to the EE. YEY! They have Faramir and Eowyn getting together!!! *does dance*
:dance: :dance: :dance:
I was SOOOO angry when they left that out of the original movie! :mutter:
Hephzibah

Postby blkmage » Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:14 pm

They didn't film the scouring, therefore they can't put it in. Everything else, they filmed, but cut it. That's why they're putting it in.

I can't wait either. I have to choose between that and the Star Wars trilogy DVDs for Christmas.
blkmage

Postby oro! » Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:04 pm

agasfas wrote:To be honest I haven't even seen the first Lord of the Rings. I'm so behind on the times. Initially i wanted to wait until all three movies where out because I didn't want to goto a theatre and sit for 3.5 hrs to see a sequel then another 3 hrs for another sequel. And now all of them are out, I don't want to sit for 10hrs to watch it. Though I could just watch one at a time.....

But... for a few years it was a great birthday tradition! Come now, they were a year apart. That would take up for the large amount of time used. As a fan, i really wouldn't have minded if they were four hours, but i'm a little different. You could do as you said. I think it is a great idea! :sweat:
oro!

Postby Hephzibah » Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:54 pm

I would LOVE for the movies to be 4+ hours... esp ROTK :D However, I can't sit still long enough to watch all movies in a row.... even when they are only 3 hours. Normally I now just go to the battle scenes :D
Hephzibah

Postby greyscale42 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:59 am

I cant wait. LOTR is the best book and the best movie trilogy ever made. *pouts for lack of money*
greyscale42

Postby Sharon Rose » Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:15 pm

Omg! I just found out the date for the release of the ROTK Special Edition. I'm so excited. :dance: I have the special editions for the first 2 already. Cant wait.
A Face Without Freckles Is Like A Sky Without Stars :angel:

"Forbearing one another and forgiving one another, if any man quarrel against any, even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye." -Colossians 3:13

:dance:
Sharon Rose

Postby Lady Arianrod » Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:24 pm

I think that the Two Towers extended edition added more to the film than the first EE did for Fellowship of the Ring.

Does anyone agree?

Lady Arianrod

Postby Hephzibah » Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:59 pm

I agree! It added alot more character depth (just look at Faramir and Boromir) than FOTR EE did
Hephzibah

Postby Sharon Rose » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:49 am

I agree. They definitely added more.
A Face Without Freckles Is Like A Sky Without Stars :angel:

"Forbearing one another and forgiving one another, if any man quarrel against any, even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye." -Colossians 3:13

:dance:
Sharon Rose

Postby Lady Arianrod » Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:13 pm

FOTR is on the WB tonight. Woo hoo! ^__^

Lady Arianrod

Postby Jasdero » Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:47 pm

^^ Just 37 more days, yo. XD
× s h i n i e s , y e s ? ×

does it not burn... LIKE THE SUN?!
Jasdero

Return to General Entertainment