The Houston Astros

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

The Houston Astros

Postby agasfas » Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:54 pm

Anyone keeping up with the Houston Astros? I'm not big into baseball, but I do watch the post-season. It's nice to see Houson actually make it to the post-season. Who would have figured? Currently they are down 0-2 (best of 7) and struggling to stay alive. Hopefully, if luck is on their side they will win the next few games which will be played in Houston. Perhaps they will win. I would like to see a Texas team win for once. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe the Astros have ever won the World Series. Can they come from behind to win against the St. Louis Cardinals? What are your thoughts?
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.." Prov 17:22

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
Sorry, but I stop being a teacher at 5 o'clock. - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Postby Ashley » Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:22 am

My thoughts are that every Houstonian in this city, baseball fan or not, wants to see them win. Even the weather is all about the 'Stros; almost every commercial mentions them, every newspaper, every news station predicts their game, every radio station makes bets with one in St. Louis, etc. Even a local bank painted their big gold dome like a baseball.

I don't follow baseball at all and in fact I really can barely stand to watch it, but as of late that's all anyone wants to see. I do want the boys to do well simply because they are my home team. But it's getting really crazy in this city.
Ashley

Postby agasfas » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:17 am

I'm share your opinion about baseball; though the only reasons I watched it were:
1) I live in Texas and want to support the Astros (though I'm not a fan of baseball)
2) I don't think anything else was on...
3) It helped me study for two test (I have a short attention span :) )

I can only imagine the chaos Houston is in; when you have a home team playing in the post-season everyone gets extremely excited and hyped up. We get some of that Astro AD's and etc, but not in excess. I'm just curious what will become of this series... Anything is possible.

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Postby Ashley » Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:54 pm

By the way, here's how crazy Astros Fever is in Houston...

I was driving home today and flipping through radio stations. And I heard a rendition of Enimem's "Lose Yourself" with snippets of the Astros-Braves game snipped in over parts of the song. I couldn't tell if I was going to laugh or puke. :lol:
Ashley

Postby agasfas » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:36 pm

What, are you serious ??? :hits_self I'm smirking just at the thought of that, but at the same time it's kinda creepy. Reminds me of the year they did the parody of TLCs' "no scrubs." I think it was called "No pigeons." errrrr... creepy indeed :drool:. I guess another reason it doesn't get to frantic around Austin is becasue we don't have a pro of any kind. A lot of minor leagues, but no pros... :( So goes life. But I wonder why that is...

agasfas

Postby agasfas » Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:42 pm

A update:
Houston has finally won there first game at home against St. Louis with the score of 5-2. This brings the series to 2-1 in favor of St. Louis. I think the Houston Astros may have a chance. Hopefully they will come from behind to win the series; only 3 more wins to advance :P. Anyone have an opinion? Like I said, I'm not a big baseball fan but I would sure like to see the Houston Astros win it (given I live in Tx). The Yankees always win... :(

agasfas

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:39 pm

I'm not a Yankees fan but I predict that they're going to win again this year.
It doesn't matter wheter it's the Cards or 'Stros,the Yankees will dominate. :hits_self
mitsuki lover

Postby agasfas » Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:33 pm

Yet another update:
Sunday Oct. 17th Astros win another game with a 6-5 score. THis now brings the series to a 2-2 tie. Next game will be held on Monday the 18th in Houston. It's looking good so far. Hopefully they will be able to pull out an upset. During the regular season the Astros won 18 of the 28 games they played against St. Louis. Can they keep the streak going? We'll find out.

'm not a Yankees fan but I predict that they're going to win again this year.
It doesn't matter wheter it's the Cards or 'Stros,the Yankees will dominate

Your probably right, but you never know. That's why they play the games. :P I would just like to see the Astros win one, I don't believe they have ever won a world series.

agasfas

Postby agasfas » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:31 pm

It seems like I'm the only one posting on this thread but I'll continue the update for anyone else who wishes to say something. :)
The Houston Astros win their third straight game with a score of 3-0. This brings the series to a 3-2, Houston lead. Next game is on Wed Oct. 20th in St. Louis.
Only one more win and the Astros go to their first World Series. Rock On!

Also, the Boston Red Socks have also won their 2nd game in the 14th ending. Though I still believe the Yankees will pull out a win, all they have to do is win 1 of the remaining 2 games.

I predict the world series will be the Houston Astros and the Yankees. Hopefully I'm not right; I would like to see the Red Socks wins. The odds are against them, I'm realistic :)

agasfas

Postby Ashley » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:50 pm

You would not believe how crazy it got at work last night--from what I heard, the place was jam packed with everyone jumping up and screaming and stuff. Glad I wasn't there. O.o

Eh, I really want the games to be over soon....we had a lot of tables stay late at work tonight because of the game, so I was not a very happy Ash in that respect. :shady: But, I am very glad to see my home team up a game--it's getting exciting here in Houston. Like I said that's all anyone ever talks about; even my proffs are making baseball analogies. If only they'd get that excited over the Texans. ;)
Ashley

Postby agasfas » Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:00 pm

Eh, I really want the games to be over soon....we had a lot of tables stay late at work tonight because of the game, so I was not a very happy Ash in that respect.

I can understand, that must not be cool. Just wave your fists.... :).
Hopefully that wont happen to me if/when I become a waiter (I have an interview on thursday :)). Though it probably will.

I think the fans may be more excited because it's the first time Houston has ever won a post-season game. My hat goes off to them. The Houston Texans, well they are picking up popularity little by little. At least in Austin. But hopefully the Astros will go all the way. Though it won't change my life, taken I'm not much of a baseball fan; only in the post-season. So in that respect, I hope the post-season wraps up soon. :)

agasfas

Postby agasfas » Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:26 am

Update:
Sadly Houston has lost game 6 on Wed which takes the series to game 7 wich will be held in St. Louis. I believe the game will be held today at 7pm et. I have faith the Astros will be able to pull out a win.
Also, the Redsocks have come back from 3 games down against the Yankees. Who would have figured. This is the first time in Post-session history for a team to come back from such a deficit. :jump:
So we'll see what's going to happen. This post-session has proved to be very interesting.

agasfas

Postby Zedian » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:10 pm

I'm a Texan and I'm not a Astros fan (I said in another thread my allegiance is with the Red Sox).

I rarely go for Texas teams which people here think I'm weird for, but I gotta say looking at the new line-up for the Houston Rockets, that might all change. Tracey Mcgrady was a fine addition.
Zedian

Postby agasfas » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:17 pm

Sadly the Late astros update:
Today is a sad day. The astros have lost in game 7 with the score of 5-2. I was really hoping for the Astros to make it to their first world series. But so goes life. Now I am pulling for the Red Socks. The series was one I wont forget. And the two teams no one figured would win are both going against each other in the world series which start on Saturday I believe. Good thing I'm not a huge baseball fan. If i was I would be crushed. But like I said earlier, so goes life.

agasfas

Postby Savior_Sora » Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:27 pm

WHOO-HOO!!!!!!

Cardinals is my team babie!! I've been a dire-hard cardinals friend since I was old enough to watch baseball.

Cardinal's are goin all the way!!

And to the Astros' I dont really like them, but they are a good teams. The "B's" are too tough. They gave our line-up a run for our money, but still prevailed. I respect them a lot believe it or not :).
-"How do we prove we exist...maybe we don't exist."

-"I feel sorry for the dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac...they stay up all night wondering if there is a dog."

-"It's not the fall that kills you...It's the sudden stop at the end."

Savior_Sora

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:28 pm

This is why I hate the playoffs.We're yet again deprived of seeing the two
best teams face each other in the World Series.Instead we're stuck with
the BEST in the NL facing against the Second best in the AL. :bang:
mitsuki lover

Return to General Entertainment