Ladder 49

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Ladder 49

Postby ashfire » Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:40 pm

I have to say as a firefighter/EMT and I have heard from a few other firefighters having to see the this movie brought tears to our eyes.
To see the life of a young firefighter from his reporting to his station, his family life, his co workers/friends, his work to save and protect, to the ending of the movie (I don't won't to give away the ending if others have not seen it). If you haven't seen it, get a chance to. There maybe a few bad words used here and there and a questable scene to compare some movies that words and scene fly faster than falling rain its not too bad.
ashfire

Postby SManBeyond » Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:58 am

I saw this film with my best friend a few weeks ago.

It IS a very good movie. I wouldn't say it's "great", but it's a lot better than your average good film. I actually wasn't excited about the film, but afterward I was surprised not only by how much I liked it, but by how much I was emotionally moved at the end. I also liked the cinematography of some of the fire fighting scenes (particularly of the main one).

My best friend knows several people in his church that are firefighters. They saw the movie and told him that it was pretty realistic in terms of what life is like for them.

If you think this movie content-wise, but you're not sure if you really want to see it or not, go see it anyway.
"Love means to love that which is unlovable; or it is no virtue at all." G. K. Chesterton

Founder of S.T.R.A.W.B.E.R.R.Y. R.H.U.B.A.R.B. P.I.E.

[url=smanbeyond.blogspot.com]My Blog[/url]
SManBeyond

Return to General Entertainment