Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:29 pm

I actually went to the effort of seeing the E3 Trailer (the best one). Getting DivX makes the administrators here very unhappy, but I've did a bit of fiddling.

That was very cool (as most movie trailers are). I think it might be worth watching again.
uc pseudonym

Postby PumpkinKoRn52 » Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:39 am

Ya'll must really like this movie.
"Relax, turn around, and take my hand." Tool
"Heir Kommt Die Sonne." Rammestein
"Now the world is gone, I'm just one. Oh please God help me." Metallica
"Are You Ready?!?" KoRn
"All and all your just another brick in the wall." Pink Floyd.
The downfall of society will be society itself.
Rap is the malignant tumor of the music industry.
I HATE LINKIN PARK
PumpkinKoRn52

Postby Savior_Sora » Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:36 pm

Yeah...........you said that already................

Anyways I got some AWESOME info guys this is too kool!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scan for new FFVII Game

A scan from Shounen Jump for the new FFVII game has surfaced. The game has been titled Final Fantasy VII: Dirge Of Cerberus and features Vincent as the main character. It should be noted that Midgar is shown in ruins, indicating that the game will be a sequel, rather than a prequel. The story of Dirge of Cerberus takes place 1 year after Advent Children. Vincent, while in a town that was supposed to be peaceful now, is attacked by a mysterious group called "DC" (possibly Dirge of Cerberus). He also mentions a place where he will be meeting Reeve. Dirge of Cerberus is scheduled for a 2005 release on the PS2, though its genre has not been confirmed. Some new screens from AC are also in the scan, though they may contain minor spoilers.

The Scan

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And then I also have this and it's pretty kool

Panasonic Campaign for AC to Begin Tomorrow

According to the official Panasonic site, the company will begin its campaign for Advent Children starting from tomorrow. Details on the campaign will be published in "Tokyo Walker". Prizes will be given away in the course of the campaign, such as original AC T-shirts and phone straps for 50 people. Also, for 50 people with the P900i phone, a special miniSD memory card with original Advent Children content on it.

The Advertisment

-"How do we prove we exist...maybe we don't exist."

-"I feel sorry for the dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac...they stay up all night wondering if there is a dog."

-"It's not the fall that kills you...It's the sudden stop at the end."

Savior_Sora

Postby RoyalWing » Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:23 pm

AHHHH!!! ^O^ That's so GREAT!!! *must remember.. to breathe...*

I hope the game will give more information about Vincent Valentine's story around him!

Thanks so much for the information!!
RoyalWing

Postby Savior_Sora » Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:58 pm

Your very welcome...There is some more tho just now posted:

More FFVII:DC Articles

Some English articles on Dirge of Cerberus have been posted by IGN Insiders and TotalyVideoGames.com While neither article says anything extremely new, they do provide some interesting insights.

IGN Article

TotalVideoGame.com Article

Well here's some more...I'll keep you guys updated.

-"I feel sorry for the dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac...they stay up all night wondering if there is a dog."

Savior_Sora

Postby Gypsy » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:46 pm

Ditto on what RoyalWing said. We appreciate you keeping us up to speed very much. ^^
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Solid Ronin » Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:36 pm

Savior_Sora wrote:Yeah...........you said that already................

Anyways I got some AWESOME info guys this is too kool!!

Scan for new FFVII Game

A scan from Shounen Jump for the new FFVII game has surfaced. The game has been titled Final Fantasy VII: Dirge Of Cerberus and features Vincent as the main character. It should be noted that Midgar is shown in ruins, indicating that the game will be a sequel, rather than a prequel. The story of Dirge of Cerberus takes place 1 year after Advent Children. Vincent, while in a town that was supposed to be peaceful now, is attacked by a mysterious group called "DC" (possibly Dirge of Cerberus). He also mentions a place where he will be meeting Reeve. Dirge of Cerberus is scheduled for a 2005 release on the PS2, though its genre has not been confirmed. Some new screens from AC are also in the scan, though they may contain minor spoilers.

The Scan

......SWEETTTTT!!!! Now alls left is a FF7 REMAKE!!! GRRRRRR!!
Solid Ronin

Postby Savior_Sora » Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:00 pm

I know lol, but I read somewhere wouldn't want to do that. Can't remember the exact reason, but I do remember them sayin it wouldn't be a smart idea...something like that...

Panasonic's FF7AC Campaign Begins

Panasonic's FF7AC Campaign has started today. The campaign's site has been updated with the 'Present Campaign' section, giving 50 people a chance to win either an original AC T-shirt or a mobile phone strap. Also, those who already own the FOMA P900iV phone have a chance to win one of 50 special miniSD memory cards (64mb), containing an original AC movie.

Pansonic's FF7AC Campaign Site

I wish I had that phone so bad...that scan I posted earlier with Cloud holding it...that is just too kool :rock:

Savior_Sora

Postby RoyalWing » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:39 pm

Uh, How do you pronounce that word: "Dirge" from "Dirge of Cerberus"? :sweat:

<stupid comment>
If ever I had a cell phone, it would be that one. Then, I would go "I HAVE CLOUD STRIFE'S CELL PHONE AND YOU DON'T! HA HA HA HA!!!" to everyone else.
<end of stupid comment.>
RoyalWing

Postby Savior_Sora » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:07 pm

I'm gonna guess...Dirge = Derj...that make any sense? lol I got LOTS of new info to post guys...

Official Opening of Square Enix's TGS Site

Square Enix has officially opened their Tokyo Game Show site, added more details and 5 more titles. The titles added to the list now are:

- Dragon Quest VIII: Sora to Umi to Taichi to Norowareshi Himegimi [PS2, video and demo]
- Final Fantasy XII [PS2, video]
- Romancing Saga -Minstrel Song- [PS2, video and demo]
- Fantasy Earth: The Ring of Dominion [Windows, video]
- Crossgate: Power Up Kit 3 ~Tenkai no Kishi to Seiei no Utahime [Windows, video]

Also added was a page about the setting up of a corner dedicated to the Compilation of FFVII, including unseen design images and story boards for FFVII, as well as featuring Advent Children, Dirge of Cerberus and Before Crisis.

TGS will start on 24th September, starting with the business day and opening to the public over the weekend.

Compilation of FFVII Page

Square-Enix's TGS Site

New Image from V Jump

A low resolution image taken from V Jump reveals a new Advent Children screenshot where Cloud appears to perform a limit break.

V-Jump Scan

V-Jump Article Images

SquareNet has posted more images from the newest V-Jump magazine. While the images do not appear to be from a normal scanner, they do provide enough of the article that some interesting details can be gained.

» FFVII: AC Images - 01, 02, 03, 04

» FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus - 01, 02

WHOOT!!!! That took a while lol. Hope this works...yes!!! XD!!

EDIT

Added a pic for Dirge of Cerberus

EDIT

Savior_Sora

Postby Savior_Sora » Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:39 pm

O...M...G!!!! I've been slacking!!! There's so much new info to post now...iono if I can do it all lol. I'll post the stuff I think its very crucial here and then if you want more you can go to: http://www.adventchildren.net

Pics:

H-Res DoC

AC TGS Pics

Trailors:

BC Trailor

DoC Trailor

Here you go guys...anymore just go to the site. I'm lazy :P

Savior_Sora

Postby emoanimechild » Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:15 pm

I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but what do think the chances are that perhaps ffVII is being held back so it will be released with psp (playstation portable)... just a thought, but if like 20,000 people are going to buy this game when it comes out, (the disks are smaller for psp and there are so many die hard ffVII fans) if you want to see ffVII you would have to buy the psp. Anyway like I said just a thought... if nothing else it would give us something else to talk about, you know to keep the thread going strong :)
emoanimechild

Postby Savior_Sora » Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:04 pm

It's gonna be released on DVD along with PSP. So we don't need a PSP...I'm not sure if it'd be worth getting one. I mean...the only thing you can play on them is PSP discs only (UMD) so I don't see the point in them.

Savior_Sora

Postby emoanimechild » Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:08 pm

yeah ok that pretty much answers that :) .... I did hear that square enix is making a game for the new psp though
emoanimechild

Postby olorc » Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:15 am

what is the latest on when ffvii ac and doc are going to be released? also is it true that bc is for mobiles only?
Run the race so as not to be disqualified from the prize.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby RoyalWing » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:38 am

"Before Crisis" is for the new phone that Cloud Strife was holding only, I think?
RoyalWing

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:53 pm

Yes; Before Crisis is the cell phone game, relating to organizational issues prior to FFVII. I am uncertain as to the status of the other projects in question, so I can assist very little.
uc pseudonym

Postby Savior_Sora » Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:17 pm

AC is supposed to be released next year 05 in USA. Early 05 from all my info. and late this year 04 for Japan.

Sorry guys but the link to the trailor isn't up anymore..security and copyright issues...I don't want CAA to get in trouble so I took it off.

Now I can offer pics of the trailor...but they aren't that great since it was done by video camera. But here is the link all the same:

Advent Children TGS Screens

I'll be sure to find a way to get the link to you. Legally lol...

Savior_Sora

Postby Gilgamesh » Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:24 pm

I AM SO STINKING STOKED FOR THIS MOVIE!

ahem...(coffcoff)

Yeah, from all my sources, early '05 for the US.

"Any questions?"
"Well, yes, actually, you know the raccoon tail in Super Mario Bros. 3, and how it tended to make him fly? Well, I figured it would give him the power to raid through dustbins. What do you think?"

-from the Flash movie, "Decline of Video Gaming 2"
Gilgamesh

Postby Savior_Sora » Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:26 am

hehe Am I good or what!! XD!!!

Not really, but I have got a few mirror links to the trailor. It's even been increased in quality so it's apparently better than the old one.

BTW I never got it dled yet so I haven't seen it :(.

List of Trailor Mirrors

Some of them may say "Bandwidth Exceeded" If that's the ase you'll either have to wait, or try another mirror. Either way I'm getting this lol

Also here I have screens of DoC...I think these have been out already but here's the link in case some are new.

DoC Screenshots

AND a list of the voice actors and Merchandise list:

AC Merchandise and Cast List

The Square Official Goods site has updated with some of the items sold at TGS this year. The goods added are:

- A poster set with CG images of Tifa, and Kadaj, Yazoo and Loz (1050 yen)
- A Shinra neck strap, a case for the Shinra membership card (2940 yen)

The 10/8 issue of Dengeki PS2 also included a partical cast listing.

- Takahiro Sakurai (Cloud)
- Ayumi Ito (Tifa)
- Miyu Tsuzurahara (Marlene)
- Shougo Suzuki (Vincent)
- Shoutarou Morikubo (Kadaj)

Square Official Goods Page

Savior_Sora

Postby Gypsy » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:07 am

After reading the article in my gaming magazine (the one you can get through eb) it seems like AC isn't going to exactly leave us feeling warm and fuzzy. It was described something like "tragically beautiful." And it looks like Aeris is going to be a major plot point, even though she's gone. Yay. Image They're going to kill off Tifa, I just know it. Image
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Savior_Sora » Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:39 pm

Yeah I read that it isn't going to a happy-go-lucky story. But still it's gonna be awesome. Got lots of new info too, here it all is:

New Footage to be Shown at the Tokyo Film Festival

The presentation for Advent Children at the Tokyo International CG Film Festival will include fresh footage not seen at the Venice Film Festival. The film festival will begin on the 30th of October, and there will be a screening of "The Making of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children" that very day. The special screening of Advent Children will take place the day after.

Source: Famitsu.com

Translation of the twenty five minute Advent Children preview.

Forum member vspirit has translated FFAC Reunion’s script for the twenty five minute preview of Advent Children that was shown at Venice and again during Square Enix’s business meeting at the Tokyo Game Show.

Thanks go to forum members Kairu0 who posted the link to the Japanese version of the script that is at FFAC Reunion and who provided a rough translation of the script for the forum members, Suzaku for posting brief translations that his friend had done of parts of the script and finally of course to vspirit for the detailed script translation.

Download the Tranlation

Special Presentation of Advent Children to be made at Montreal Film Festival.

A special presentation of Advent Children is to be shown at this years Festival du nouveau cinema de montreal in Canada. This year it will be Canada's thirty third Montreal film festival and Advent Children is listed in the programs list for the film festival's website under special presentations.

Thank you to forum member Shadowgirl for bringing us the information about Advent Children being shown at Montreal.

Page about Advent Children at Film Festival's website.

And btw I got that the video downloaded...O M G!!! I WISH I WAS THERE!!! It was soooo good. It's done by video camera so you can't hear anything except people...but the footage is awesome!!!

This down below is about the video so only look if you've seen it or don;t mind a possible spoiler...keep in mind I may not be right. lol

[spoiler] was that bahamut I saw in the trailor?...Maybe not...But I think Kadaj summons something when he shoots that energy into the sky...[/spoiler]

Savior_Sora

Postby Gypsy » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:30 pm

About the spoiler - [spoiler]My article said that the Bahamu-like creature is what develops when the guy in your avatar is drawing energy from all the people that have been struck with the illness[/spoiler]

Would you like me to scan the article for you, Sora?
Gypsy

Postby Lehn » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:30 pm

....... Any word on a English dubbed version? Or are we going subtitled here in the states?
“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.â€
Lehn

Postby Gypsy » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:36 pm

My guess is that we will get a dubbed version. There are tons of Final Fantasy fans that don't care for anime, and I'm sure that Square isn't going to risk losing out on half of the American fanbase by not providing an English dub. I personally don't care if there's a dub or not - I'll watch it both ways.
Gypsy

Postby Solid Ronin » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:26 pm

Gypsy wrote:After reading the article in my gaming magazine (the one you can get through eb) it seems like AC isn't going to exactly leave us feeling warm and fuzzy. It was described something like "tragically beautiful." And it looks like Aeris is going to be a major plot point, even though she's gone. Yay. Image They're going to kill off Tifa, I just know it. Image

Ah don't be so worried about the ending..if anything they'll kill just about everyone and leave Cloud alive to suffer the guilt..again.... :waah!:
Solid Ronin

Postby Savior_Sora » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:18 am

Gypsy wrote:
Would you like me to scan the article for you, Sora?

Yeah Gypsy if you could get that for me I'd appreciate it. It's gonna be kool to see Bahamut in the movie...Hope its Bahamut_ZERO XD!!!

Savior_Sora

Postby Savior_Sora » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:45 am

OMG I think it IS Bahamut!! They have scans from "The Playstation" now that do a cross-examine of the AC Monster Kadaj summons and Bahamut from the game. There are 17 or so...So I'll just post the link. You guys can look at all the pics:

They range from AC, DoC, BC, Itadaki Street Special, and 3 others that are miscellaneous.

The Pics

Savior_Sora

Postby RoyalWing » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:14 am

OH!! IT'S CAIT SITH!! *=^ □ ^=*

...I'm sorry. :sweat:

Thank you so much for all the pictures, Saviour_Sora! ^v^
RoyalWing

Postby Savior_Sora » Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:48 pm

Where's Cait Sith?...I must be blind lol

Savior_Sora

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment