The Brotherhood of th Wolf

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

The Brotherhood of the Wolf

Postby Zane » Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:12 pm

Okay who has seen this movie? And what did you think?
Its from viva la France, came out in 2001ish and is one really cool 17th century 'monster' hunt/poltical intrigue/martial arts thriller. yeah all in one.

It is really a sick movie and should be seen if you don't mind overlooking abit of nudity, (like any civilized french men they enter a brothel, it wouldn't be france with Mougle Rouge right :)
Zane

Postby CDLviking » Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:33 pm

I thought this movie was a load of bull. My religious attitude concerning the movie aside, the plot was lame, the fights were horrible, and the monster was ridiculous.
CDLviking

Postby Technomancer » Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:39 am

For the most part, it was a pretty silly movie, although it did have its moments.
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby Zane » Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:56 pm

What?? :)
I thought it was way better than heaps of stuff hollywood produces, the fights were cool, well done and actually interesting, and I thought the monster wasn't bad at all. I don't know why you guys didn't like it?
Ahh, you probably watched the dubbed version, were he sounds like hes speaking through a blocked nose. :)
Zane

Postby CDLviking » Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:21 pm

I watched it subbed. Granted, Hollywood doesn't put out a whole lot that's worth watching, but that movie was still nothing to brag about. The fight scenes were mediocre at best.
CDLviking

Postby Zane » Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:33 pm

Really? You think so?
Didn't you like the 1st fight in the rain with the sticks? That was like one of its selling points the hanging-on-the-stick-and-double-kicking-the-bad-guys move.
What about when the Indian fights those 'wovlerine' characters with the crowd?

I thought it was one of the slickest movies Ive seen in ages, sure some of it was unrealistic, but the scenery, the fights and the plot were good I thought. Even just the charcter design, didn't you think the Indian looked cool with the black paint?

Just out of interest mate, what movie are you comparing this one too? Or is it just, that:you just didn't like it?
Because I always thought myself a pretty good movie critic... apparently not in this case :)
Zane

Postby AsterlonKnight » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:33 pm

Well...I liked some of it. Mani (I think that was the Native American's name) was HOT! :D Some parts of the movie made me go "O_o" and a part of the ending made me laugh. Someone better call Ivy... XD And one part just totally disgusted me. :| -smacks the mother and the priest-
Laughter is timeless
Imagination has no age
And Dreams are forever~Disney

Be true! Be true! Be true! Show freely to the world, if not your worst, yet some trait whereby the worst may be inferred!~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter
AsterlonKnight

Postby Zane » Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:19 pm

Umm be aware, whoever reads this, this movie is most likely R in the US.
Zane

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:17 pm

I just watched it. A very interesting and enjoyable movie despite the fair amount of nudity. It oozed style and the plot and characters were pretty good also. Much better than most of the Hollywood schmuck put out. Definetly for mature audiences though. (wished they had a version without nudity)
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Scarecrow » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:04 pm

I didn't care this movie... It was oook I guess but I don't know, its been a while since I've seen it but I remember I was not impressed. And yea, the nudity didn't help matters either... actually, it just made me dislike it more. I wish I could explain EXACTLY why I didn't like it but I hardly remember it... I just remember walking away after it was over thinking, "well that was dumb"

Ah, you grave digger!! I just realised how old this is... oh well, still didn't care for it.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Return to General Entertainment