Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Savior_Sora » Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:09 pm

kaemmerite wrote:I've seen the preview for AC and I think it looks good! My only gripes:

1. Yuffie isn't in it! As far as I know...
2. Will it be released subtitled, dubbed, or both in North America?
3. 50 minutes? Come on...even most anime movies are 60.
4. Yuffie's probably not in it!
5. I have heard rumors that Square-Enix plans to rerelease FFVII for PS2 when this comes out. If they do, will the game be the same or updated, like they're doing with Wild ARMs: Alter Code F? If they are remaking FFVII for PS2 I find it hard to believe there's no screenshots yet.
6. Kinda ruins the open-ending of FFVII by proving that humans did survive Holy's judgement. Bleh. I liked how it left you wondering.
7. I don't think Yuffie's in it!

I've answered all those questions in earlier posts so just look back a few pages :). Youll find all the info youll need. And thanks RoyalWing :D
-"How do we prove we exist...maybe we don't exist."

-"I feel sorry for the dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac...they stay up all night wondering if there is a dog."

-"It's not the fall that kills you...It's the sudden stop at the end."

Savior_Sora

Postby Savior_Sora » Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:09 pm

Got something else here that's not really AC related but still cool none the less.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Game Featuring FF and DQ Characters

A scan from the upcoming issue of Shounen Jump has revealed a new game, titled "Itadaki Street Special", featuring both Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest characters. Cloud as well as Tifa have been shown in super-deformed form wearing their original FFVII outfits and one of the stages in the game will be Midgar. The game is a special edition of Enix's Itadaki Street and plays like a board game. It will be available on the PS2 in Japan in Winter 2004.

The Scan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW I must ask...is it ok for me to post all this new news back to back to back the way I am w/o no one replying?...I hope this aint spammin or anything.

-"I feel sorry for the dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac...they stay up all night wondering if there is a dog."

Savior_Sora

Postby Nate » Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:18 pm

Ah, who cares if you post back-to-back, so long as you got new info.

That board game thing looks kewl, it apparently also Rikku, Paine, and Yunie too. Gotta love those hotpants!

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Savior_Sora » Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:39 pm

Yet some more stuff. This is pretty interesting to read...shows how big of a hit this is gonna be XD!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FFVII:AC Venice Reports

Initial reports of the FFVII:AC showing at Venice are starting to filter in, and the news is good. The screening has been greeted by glowing reviews, and there is much anticipation for the final release.

Famitsu.com News Report (Japanese)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Translation for Famitsu.com Report

The report on the Venice Film Festival has been translated by Kionae. Images of Cloud, Tifa and Aerith were shown, and the movie has been invited to be screened at the Montreal Worldwide Movie Festival as well.

Here is the translation :).

Date: 05 Sep 2004
Posted by: Clorith

"FFVII Advent Children" Screens at Venice International Film Festival.

-Applause is heard at the worldwide film festival!

Venice, the water capital of Italy. The Venice International Film Festival, like the Cannes Film Festival (France) and the Berlin International Film Festival (Germany) is a festival in which movies from around the world are screened. This is the 61st Venice International Film Festival. Opening on September 4th, the CG work Final Fantasy VII Advent Children is invited to the event, which is considered one of the three largest film festivals in the world. September 4th, local time, is the official screening of Advent Children. The many people in the reception area were greeted with applause, and then the screening started.

[Under the picture of a building]
Venice, the water capital of Italy. The Venice International Film Festival, like the Cannes Film Festival (France) and the Berlin International Film Festival (Germany) is a festival in which movies from around the world are screened.

[Under the picture of people on the stairs]
It is being screened on an island in Venice. Not only the makers of the movie and authorized personel were present, but also many fans waited in line.

FFVII AC is based on the hit RPG FFVII, released in '97 for PlayStation. In Japan, the movie is scheduled for release in 2004 as a DVD. It is being exhibited, by special invitation, in a new digital image category at the Venice Film Festival. Because it is only midway to completion, it is not elligible for awards. The invitation itself of an incomplete work is an exceptional case. Today, about 25 minutes of the film were screened. With images of Cloud, Tifa, and Aerith, the continuation of the FFVII story began to unravel. It is a labored work, and the passion of the staff could be felt. And Tetsuya Nomura's name in the end credits was met with thunderous applause. People applauded Nobuo Uematsu's name, who is in charge of the music, as well.

[Under the picture of the men sitting down]

The production staff attend the screening. From right to left are Masashi Hasimoto, Director Tetsuya Nomura, co-director Takeshi, and scenario writer Nojima.

[Under the picture of the fans in the AC t-shirts]
Some of the feverish fans who packed the festival arrived in homemade t-shirts.

[Under the picture of a man signing autographs]
At the reception, Nomura is required to sign autographs and take pictures with fans. The FFVII AC production staff was kept busy. FF's popularity seems trmendous even in Europe.

[Under the picture of the AC display]
After the screening, participants enjoyed images projected onto a display in the reception area.

After the latest screening, Hasimoto, the producer, said "Even in images as difficult as battle scenes we have finished enormous amounts. Even more of the main part." Hea also added the comment, "Farthermore, we also recieved an invitation to the Montreal Worldwide Movie Festival." In addition, Nomura said, "Being incomplete, this (the special edition that was screened) does not show everything and it is not perfect." [Note: there is more to this quote, but Babelfish is being it's usual useless self, and I don't have time to get out my dictionary...]

[Under the picture of the logo and Tifa and Cloud]
The invitation card which was distributed at screening (the top is the cover and the bottom is the inside pages)

The people who saw the festival special edition were overwelmed, and high praise was recieved for the movie. In any case, the completion is long in coming [Note: could be "long over-do"?], don't you think?

Translated by Kionae.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Savior_Sora

Postby Savior_Sora » Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:09 am

Ok This all came in while I was sleeping. Sooo awesome...I haven't read any of it yet cuz I'm leavin soon but I'm gonna try later on.

Release Date for Advent Children?
1Up.com has listed the release date as 14th Feb 2005. It is not known whether this is a possible release date for the Japanese or English version.

Then this also...

Full Details on Screening at Venice

Gamespot has updated with a thorough write-up on Advent Children's screening at Venice. Be warned, this contains massive spoilers.

Read More...

Savior_Sora

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:18 am

I always thought FF7 was a bit overrated personally.

Won't stop me from buying the movie though.
Azier the Swordsman

Postby RoyalWing » Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:05 pm

*devours spoilers*

MOOOREEE!! XD

(thank you for all of that!! that was great!!) *^o^*
RoyalWing

Postby Yojimbo » Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:52 pm

Yeah I enjoyed reading that.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby Savior_Sora » Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:15 pm

Then I got more!!! I promise I won't let you guys down :)

Detailed Account on Venice Screening

We have found a first-hand account from a fan that was present at the screening of Advent Children. This appears to be more accurate than the feature by Gamespot. As usual, read at your own risk.

Read more...

1UP Impressions on Venice Film Festival
Yet another account of the Venice Screening has surfaced, this time from 1up.com. This is a comprehesive summary of the screening and includes some images from the event also. Like all information, spoilers are included. Of note is Nomura's mention that the movie may in fact be four times as long as the preview [over 90 minutes] due to many combat scenes still yet to be finished.

1up.com Impressions

I still haven't read ANY of this yet, but I will soon. I'm at my friends like 4 hours away from home and he has dial-up and is limited so I'm not gonna stay on it too long.

Well that's all for now...I'll keep you guys updated...and btw you're all very welcome :)

Savior_Sora

Postby RoyalWing » Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:03 pm

You have to read it... It says EVERYTHING.. O o O can't believe it. I wish I could have gone to that Festival!?
RoyalWing

Postby Savior_Sora » Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:41 pm

Well I was assuming lol. But I have read it now tho...sorry if I mislead ya :(. But man I SOOO can't wait and yes I wish I was there too!!! :<

Savior_Sora

Postby PumpkinKoRn52 » Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:31 pm

Ya'll seem real excited about this movie.
"Relax, turn around, and take my hand." Tool
"Heir Kommt Die Sonne." Rammestein
"Now the world is gone, I'm just one. Oh please God help me." Metallica
"Are You Ready?!?" KoRn
"All and all your just another brick in the wall." Pink Floyd.
The downfall of society will be society itself.
Rap is the malignant tumor of the music industry.
I HATE LINKIN PARK
PumpkinKoRn52

Postby Nate » Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:08 pm

Well, DUH!

FFVII was the first game I bought for PlayStation, in fact one of the first RPG's I ever played, and the one that got me interested in RPG's. I loved the story, wondered about the ending, did humanity survive or die? Well, apparently the answer is yes since there's a sequel. It has the cutest Final Fantasy character EVER (Yuffie rocks!). And according to the site every PC from the last one is in it (yay!).

I would slaughter hundreds of innocent people to see this movie right now...if it weren't for the fact that since we're all sinners there is no such thing as an innocent person, so I guess I'll just have to wait...

(Goes back to playing Wild ARMs)

Nate

Postby Savior_Sora » Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:58 pm

Yeah...well I'm the BIGGEST FAN!!! HAHAHA!!!............................ok maybe not, but I supply the info here and i'm pretty psyched :). I got some more stuff now. Very interesting.

4-min Trailer at TGS

A specially compiled four-minute long trailer for Advent Children will be screened at this year's Tokyo Game Show. The event will begin on the 24th of September.

» Source: IT Media...

Cover TGS for Advent Children.net

We are also looking for someone to cover TGS for Advent Children.net. If you are attending TGS or know someone who is and are willing to help out, please contact us. You'll be required to write a brief report on AC coverage and provide some photos of the Square-Enix booth.

Savior_Sora

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:25 am

kaemmerite wrote:I would slaughter hundreds of innocent people to see this movie right now...if it weren't for the fact that since we're all sinners there is no such thing as an innocent person, so I guess I'll just have to wait...

I find this logic/rationale terribly funny. That's not a benefit I ever considered of all of us being sinners.
uc pseudonym

Postby RoyalWing » Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:47 pm

That is weirdest thing I have ever seen a person type.
RoyalWing

Postby Savior_Sora » Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:31 pm

TV Segment on AC

Japan's TBS aired a short segment covering Advent Children at the Venice Film Festival. The footage is nothing new, but it's nice to know that Advent Children is getting some airtime.

<Low Resolution (56K)

<High Resolution (Broadband)

Here is a commercial that aired in Japan. It's ok I guess...It's in Japanese of course so unless you speak the language its just a repeat of footage. But here it is just the same.

Killing people to see the movie right now?...wouldn't that be pointless since the movie aint finished yet? :P

Savior_Sora

Postby Savior_Sora » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:51 pm

Ok there is an update to the TGS list. I'll just plain post it instead of linking ya.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The current line-up, and what will be at the booth, are as follows:

- Kingdom Hearts II [PS2, video + playable]
- Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories [GBA, video + playable]
- Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children [DVD, video]
- Final Fantasy XI [PS2 + PC, video]
- Hanjuku Eiyuu 4 ~7nin no Hanjuku Eiyuu~ [PS2, video]
- Egg Monster HERO [NDS, video]
- Front Mission Online [PS2, video]
- Fullmetal Alchemist 2: Demon of the Red Elixir [PS2, video + playable]
- Radiata Stories [PS2, video + playable]
- Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy in Itadaki Street Special [PS2, video + playable]
- Everquest II [PC, video + playable (in another booth)]
- Before Crisis -FFVII- [mobile, video (demo undecided)]
- Official Square Enix Goods

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Savior_Sora

Postby Savior_Sora » Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:46 am

Some more pics of Yuffie and Zack along with the Healing Center shown in the New Scans is up. Very good quality pics here.

New Scans

Savior_Sora

Postby RoyalWing » Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:21 pm

I really wonder what role they will give Zack in this movie. Once, someone told me they thought that Zack was the one trying to kill Cloud. ( I kept arguing with this one that it didn't make sence until she stopped mailing me. :lol: )

What do you think?

p.s. Thank you for the pictures Savior_Sora! You're right, they were very good quality! :)
RoyalWing

Postby Nate » Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:44 pm

RoyalWing, you are so awesome. You were completely right to argue with that person. Did they even play FFVII? Here's the points you shoulda brought up.

Zack and Cloud were both from Niebelheim. Zack made it into SOLDIER, Cloud didn't. They went back together for the Mako Reactor incident where Sephiroth was killed. Zack took on Sephiroth and lost; when Cloud picked up Zack's Buster Sword, Zack said, "Take care of Sephiroth..." After Cloud stabbed Sephiroth, Seph returned the favor in kind on the bridge, but Cloud was able to throw him over the side. Hojo and Shinra then came in and gathered up the bodies there (except Tifa, whom had been rescued by her teacher). Zack and Cloud then spent a while in the basement of the Shinra mansion until they escaped. Look at the beakers. "We need to escape." "Feeding time...that's our chance!" When they were being fed, Zack busted out and carried Cloud, who was too weak to even think straight. Zack got them a ride to Midgar and even gave Cloud some new clothes, and decided they were both going to be mercenaries. Unfortunately, Zack was killed while trying to protect Cloud on the outskirts of Midgar, and they left Cloud alive as they didn't see him as a threat (the report in the Shinra Mansion says that he "escaped" so that the higher-ups wouldn't punish them for leaving him alive).

So your friend's a moron.

Anyway, since Zack is dead, how's he in the movie?

P.S. YUFFIE ROCKS!

Nate

Postby RoyalWing » Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:54 pm

kaemmerite wrote:
So your friend's a moron.

(can't stop laughing)

I don't know why, but that is so funny! :lol:

This person thought that Zack wanted revenge on Cloud because of Aeris (or something of that kind). But I told her that Zack was not that type of person, they were good friends, Zack cared alot for Cloud. As you said, he saved him and sacrifice for him. Now Zack is going to revenge because his girlfriend was interested in someone who remind her of him? I just didn't find possible. But she had her own opinions, I respected. I wonder if she just got tired of mine?

I am so happy Zack makes a little appearance somehow! He is a very good character.
RoyalWing

Postby Gypsy » Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:35 pm

Good call, Kaemmerite. I'm not sure what it is about FFVII that people manage to get the story so mixed up, but I'm glad that some other people were actually paying attention during the game. ;)
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby RoyalWing » Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:39 pm

The story I think, is quite complex? It's nothing like Kirby... Many times in the stories you have to give your guess on what happened because they leave little details up to you!
RoyalWing

Postby Savior_Sora » Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:06 pm

Yah Zack's role in the game and the story was revealed entirely when [spoiler] Cloud and Tifa were inside Cloud's concuous[/spoiler]. So in case you didn't pay ANY attention there then...well you must have had to not even watched it lol.

The story is complex...but after my second time through it all made sense to me.

I didn't know that story behind Zack and Cloud...thats a new on on me lol...but maybe he didn't die...the reports said he did...maybe he was able to survive?...iono...

...Wanna know somthin scary that I've noticed?...The scenes in the move like the Healin Lodge...looks so...real...its scary :P

Savior_Sora

Postby RoyalWing » Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:41 pm

10 years is long time for him to be out there somewhere, not coming back to see Aeris.

The backgrounds look so real... EVERYTHING look so real! Remember your old Cloud avatar? The first I saw it, I thought it was a real person. o__o It's is amazing how they put the lighting perfectly on the skin... the movement of the people (in the trailer) looks really realistic too. Wow!
RoyalWing

Postby Savior_Sora » Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:53 pm

lol yeah I see waht you mean...10 years is a long time...but still to explain his appearance in AC is a mystery...maybe it's a memory?...

Yeah my old ava did look kinda real lol. Te lighting is sooo good...it's amazinghow much technology in CGI has became so advanced recently...

Savior_Sora

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:36 am

It is continually interesting to see how this develops. After this much hype, I hope the actual movie lives up to all of this.

RoyalWing wrote:It's nothing like Kirby...

Kirby really confused me. It's just so philosophic and confounding...
uc pseudonym

Postby RoyalWing » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:11 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:It is continually interesting to see how this develops. After this much hype, I hope the actual movie lives up to all of this.

Kirby really confused me. It's just so philosophic and confounding...

:lol: Thank you, I just hurt myself laughing. Did I say that sentence right? Because I meant that Final Fantasy VII was hard and that Kirby was simple. (to understand the story.)

I think, would be really sad that it doesn't "lives up to all this" like you said. That happened to me with the Matrix #3. I really do hope the story is as good as the visual concept are!

I think, Zack is in a flashback of some? But you know, when I first saw that picture I thought Zack was in a poster advertisement. So I thought, "Zack had made extra money on this poster when he was alive?? To advertise Midgar??" But it's probably not it! ^-^;;
RoyalWing

Postby Savior_Sora » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:14 pm

This is some neat info guys...

Before Crisis phone to be released outside of Japan

It seems that the phone Before Crisis is being made for has recieved approval for release in the U.S. and other countries.

Article Link

GameSpy Hosts High Quailty E3 Trailer

GameSpy has started hosting a high quality version of Advent Children E3 trailer. The trailer is available in QuickTime format (MOV), is 640x480 resolution, and weights in at 68.5Mb download. If you are have not yet seen the high quality version now is your chance!

» FFVII:AC High Quailty E3 Trailer [gamespy.com]

This is pretty neat I think. I'm gonna dl it and see what it's like...see if it's better than the one I got.

And I want that phone!!!

Savior_Sora

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment