Zelda movie?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Iona » Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:59 am

Mmm...older guys can play teens just fine. Tom Welling is 25 and plays a 17 year old, I believe, in Smallville.
I don't know if Orlando Bloom would pull off a good Link though,
he doesn't seem the type.
Hillary Duff should never ever be Zelda. It would be a disgrace! In my opinion, she should have stuck to singing from the beginning, her voice is pretty good. What Zelda needs to be is a younger Cate Blanchett.
"I am Kagura!"

Iona

Postby Lehn » Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:06 pm

'UC' wrote: Oh, I won't argue with you. You are right. But my point still stands that most Hollywood characters that are not adults act older than they should. How many times is a teenager actually played by a teenager of the same age? Hollywood has age issues, just like a great many manga-ka... guessing at character's ages is completely futile.

Oh. Yes, you are right in general though, I was still running my mouth on Bloom… Although thanks to plastic surgery the age barrier is now being broken]You must truly hate Zelda even if you were joking...Everybody knows Lindsey Lohaln (however you spell her name) would be the better actress.[/QUOTE]

No, no, no, silly. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen all the way, baby. One can play Zelda and the other can play Sheik. Ta-da! Problem solved.

’Iona’ wrote:Besides...Orlando just wouldn't fit as Link. He doesn't have the right attitude for him.

Off-stage last year during The Hobbit the other elves and I would talk about this with the dwarfs and a few goblins. We came to the conclusion out of all the Big Hollywood stars, Bloom was the one and only we wanted to see do this]So don’t sweat it, it won’t be Bloom. [/B]

My bet: Link will be a new actor, with little to no prior screen acting if they ever film this.
Lehn

Postby PrincessZelda » Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:05 pm

Yeah, I found that poster too. But I found out it's fake.
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby PrincessZelda » Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:53 pm

If they got Orlando Bloom to be Link, I wouldn't watch it.

1: He's a bad actor
2: He's not manly enough, and in my opinion looks like a girl.
3: It just wouldn't work.
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby Solid Ronin » Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:10 pm

Lehn wrote:No, no, no, silly. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen all the way, baby. One can play Zelda and the other can play Sheik. Ta-da! Problem solved.

Of course...Im such a fool. Thank you Lehn thats why I love you.
Solid Ronin

Postby Stephen » Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:00 pm

Then they could have the backstreet boys do a dance number each time he finds a piece of the triforce. AWESOME
Stephen

Postby Lehn » Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:24 pm

'Ronin of Kirai' wrote:Of course...Im such a fool. Thank you Lehn thats why I love you.

]Then they could have the backstreet boys do a dance number each time he finds a piece of the triforce. AWESOME[/QUOTE]

*gnaws off fingers to keep from making comment about the Great Fairies*

:forehead:
Lehn

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:56 am

Have I mentioned that I heard that Madonna will play all of the Great Fairies? And Chris Rock is playing Link.

You know, this thread has become nothing more than a "they should play them" topic. That isn't necessarily bad.
uc pseudonym

Postby JediSonic » Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:16 pm

I was just thinking the same thing, UC! :lol:

I saw the site Ashley posted a long time ago... I think it was around the time Wind Waker came out.

And great fairies give me nightmares... I wish you guys hadnt mentioned them right before bed! Maybe I should read a few chapters of "frankenstien" which my dad just picked up so I will be able to sleep peacefully!
JediSonic

Postby Jester » Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:03 pm

Some of those things would be downright creepy...

However, I can also confirm that the poster is fake as the web address that it has is impossible. And I don't think that Michael Crichton would write a whole story/screenplay for a Nintendo production, and I don't think that Nintendo would hand one of their prime products over to a bunch of Americans as the majority of their staff is still Japanese (that was not written in any offense).
Jester

Postby bakura_fan » Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:10 pm

O_O Here I thought this thread was dead.....that rhymed.... ^_^ Thanks for all the posts. This is fun. Yeah...I figured awhile back that it was fake...but I thought it might be a good idea to post it anyway.*looks at # of posts* >.> Well, I'd say that it was a good idea. ^_^
:angel:

[color=DeepSkyBlue] "He lives in you. He lives in me. [/color]He watches over everything we see.
Into the water. Into the truth. [color=Yellow][color=DeepSkyBlue]In your reflection, He lives in you." - He lives in you chorus[/color][/color]
"Slow, love, slow. Time's so fast. Now goes quickly, see Now it's past!
Soon will come, Soon will last. Wait." [color=Yellow]- Wait (sweeney todd) [/color]

[align=center]My art page.

[align=center]Married to swordguy
:hug:

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby Kisa » Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:20 pm

pfft!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Yea right, that poster has to be fake, I mean when do that famous of actor ever get into ONE film together?!
it would be a good idea and I always have thought, if done, that Orlando Bloom would make a PERFECT Link! ^^ (ever since I saw him in LOTR)
Here's to dreaming, but not with the above said cast or writer . . .
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby CAAOutkast » Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:23 pm

A Zelda movie would be nice, But I would REALLY love to see a Mega Man Movie. and why not Hollywood might be making A second street fighter movie,so why not a Mega Man one?

Your old buddy,
Steve
Eternal Fan of Sailor Moon and the Original Mega Man!
CAAOutkast

Postby Linksquest » Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:02 am

If not a Zelda movie... at least a Zelda Anime series... not fakeified american GARBAGE!!! "Well Excuuuuuse me princess"
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.
Unlucky Secret Bump Thread Member #13

"WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT ENERGY BILLS!"
Linksquest

Postby Nate » Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:54 am

A Zelda movie...I dunno. Hollywood has a good track record of completely screwing movies based on games (Super Mario Bros., Double Dragon, Tomb Raider, Street Fighter, the list goes on). If it showed promise, I might go see it. I might see it anyway, I kinda like bad movies. Whenever a friend of mine says, "That's the worst movie I've ever seen!", I pull out Super Mario Bros. on DVD and say, "Oh yeah? Watch this, baby!"

Hilary Duff or Lindsay Lohan as Zelda...bleh. But Hollywood's got enough blonde cuties to fill Zelda's shoes. I agree Orlando Bloom wouldn't be bad for the role of Link, but it would make him solely a character actor.

You know, back in '95, I remember reading that Disney had the rights to a live-action Sailor Moon movie...can't believe everything you hear and only half of what you see.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Lehn » Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:07 pm

live-action Sailor Moon movie...can't believe everything you hear and only half of what you see.

I'm pretty sure that there currently a live action SM TV series right now airing in Japan... Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, I think is it's running title. I've only seen screen shots of it, but from what I saw it I was fiercely reminded of Power Rangers on waaaaaaay too much caffeine.
Lehn

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:39 pm

*imagines a Zelda movie going the way of the Mario Brothers movie and casting Dennis Hopper as Ganondorf* :lol:

Seriously, I think it would be a good idea to make a Zelda movie. They could easily do a story along the lines of OOC. (Except preferably without kid link though; I have nothing against him, I just don't think Link as a kid would work well in a Zelda movie.
Azier the Swordsman

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:22 pm

"You'll believe the magic of legend." :lol: Man, that's cheesy.
By the way, I heard they're making a Donkey Kong movie with Robin Williams as the gorilla.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:12 am

SpoonyBard wrote:"You'll believe the magic of legend." :lol: Man, that's cheesy.
By the way, I heard they're making a Donkey Kong movie with Robin Williams as the gorilla.

:eyebrow:
Azier the Swordsman

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:12 pm

christiangirl wrote:Hillary Duff as Zelda. >^.^< Lol.

No, no, bloody HECK no.

Rai
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:28 am

Come now, everyone (most likely including myself). This is a legitimate thread, and let's try to keep the spam-esque posts to a minimum. Does anyone else really have anything to say?
uc pseudonym

Postby Falco53 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:53 pm

A Zelda movie huh? This has been discussed all over the internet. My final verdict is that I hope they don't make one. Why? Because if they do, they'll botch it up famously. But if they made a Zelda movie to my specifications, then I'd say go for it.

First off, WETA needs to do the special effects, they're awesome. Secondly, Zelda CANNOT be a famous actress. If we ended up with Sarah Michelle Gellar or Britney Spears as Zelda, I'll spontaneously combust.
Yeah, I'm that opinionated.

So otaku, but not...

Falco53

Postby Linksquest » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:26 am

bakura_fan wrote:I found awhile ago a poster and webpage that was talking about a Legend of Zelda live action movie. Has anyone heard of this? It's suppoesedly done by Warner Bros. I was wondering if the rumors were true or not. Here's the poster I found.

yay... another fake Zeda cover! e.e. please. the triforce pieces aren't even lined up right. If it was real, they would at least TRY to make the cover look good. :lol:

also, a dead giveaway is the random "pop" actors all squished into one movie billing.

so fake. e.e.

Besides... if any REAL zelda movie will be coming out, you KNOW that i will be one of the first to know about it, AND the media will be all over it. Zelda is popular guys, comeon! ROFL
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.

Linksquest

Postby bakura_fan » Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:44 pm

uuuh....I made this thread last year.....>_> and you posted in it too....

[color=DeepSkyBlue] "He lives in you. He lives in me. [/color]He watches over everything we see.
Into the water. Into the truth. [color=Yellow][color=DeepSkyBlue]In your reflection, He lives in you." - He lives in you chorus[/color][/color]
Soon will come, Soon will last. Wait." [color=Yellow]- Wait (sweeney todd) [/color]

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby Linksquest » Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:56 pm

hahha. but... i just wanted to say how fake the cover was. lol
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

Linksquest

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:30 pm

You know, I think we have the makings here for a really funny spoofy movie.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby bakura_fan » Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:59 pm

really? >_> what do you mean spoofy movie?

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:08 am

Well, sure. With that "cast" and all the stupid things people hvae suggested, it would be a funny Zelda spoof.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Kaligraphic » Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:33 am

Or we could make our own spoofy movie.

"The Legend of Velda: Sink's Awakening"
Starring:
Impact Alberto as Sink
Volt as Ganoff
Blond/light brunette female CAA-er who cleans up nice as Velda (I'm sure you're all very pretty but we're talking 20s age-wise, and with light hair. And willing to do a title role that only amounts to a handful of lines.)
Misc. other female CAA-er who cleans up nice as the Princess of the Wrong Castle (nod to Mario - "No, Sink, this is my princess. Your princess is in another castle.")
Kaligraphic as the Innkeeper
Ingemar as the Stick-Wielding Commander of the Guard
SirThinks2Much as the Scythe-Wielding Oracle

And other positions available for casting.
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby bigsleepj » Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:47 am

I'll be a goombah.
bigsleepj

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment