What's in your backpack?

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Gypsy » Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:12 am

andyroo wrote:I'm with Shinja. But did you take a personality test before writing all that up?

Nope, it's elementary my dear andyroo. All I did was use deductive reasoning, assumptions, and elaborate on them. I can either be right, or way, way off.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby shooraijin » Fri Aug 29, 2003 4:54 pm

> I can either be right, or way, way off.

You could be only a little off. Isn't that, you know, a little better? :grin:
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Aug 29, 2003 5:06 pm

Hey now! Don't go throwing monkey wrenches into the fray!
Mithrandir

Postby firestorm » Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:00 pm

)Well I'm probably way to late for this but

Inside:
Old Broken up NIV Bible-- Because I have to spread the word wherever I go
Sat prep folder--Which is also Economics folder (see next item)
Health-folder-- which will turn into Economics folder because of a schedule change
Earth/Space science folder
Old art folder--with all my drawings in them (which I promise to download once I get a scanner, and there is alot of them :wow!: )
New Sketchbook--with sketches of the characters from my story "the ChainWalker Legacy" and other stories as well.(In 6 sketches in total including a T-shirt design, all of which I will gladly
English 4 Folder
Occasional comicbook--most likely the X-Men
Old Poem book--with poems that I also think should be Downloaded (especially since one of them will be a book soon!)
New Poem/Song book--with a poem I wrote about my senior class and also the song I put in the Music section of our lovely little anime site.)

front pocket:
pencils-- to draw and write and for other pleasurable things that you might do with a pencil.
color pencils-- self-explanitory
student planner-- for the student that Is always on top of things (yeah right)

smaller front pocket that in the front of the front pocket:
nothing

Bigger front pocket that Is under the smaller front pocket which is connected to the front pocket"
The Color Of Water by James McBride-- an african american man's wonderful tribute to his white mother

well that's it. is it pretty interesting?
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby Rashiir » Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:50 pm

Should I call her???

There is a very good chance that would be a very bad idea.
"Be joyful always." - 1 Thes 5:16
Rashiir

My Weekend Homework

Postby Ashley » Sat Aug 30, 2003 6:32 am

Just to give you guys a general idea of the load I carry around Monday-Friday.

Ok, I had my work clothes in here, but I took them out for space, so that doesn't count.

Main pocket: stack of journalism papers I meant to hand out weeks ago but never had the chance to, english 4 notebook, government/euro history folder, advertising folder, radio diary (you make a log of all the stations you listen to for a week), euro history spiral, Euro History book, anatomy and physiology binder/short stories I'm working on, latin folder, general homework folder (so I don't lose anything), story assignments for Newspaper, my planner, government spiral, anatomy and physiology spiral, grammer workbook, pencil bag/money bag.

first small pocket one blue pen, 2 3.5 floppy disks, reporter's notebook, latin spiral.

smallest pocket Frankenstein by Mary Shelley, complete with post-it-noted pages, post it notes, and book-mark size post it notes, hairband, and look, a dollar! Also, my press pass.

Whew.
Ashley

Postby shooraijin » Sat Aug 30, 2003 12:40 pm

A *radio* diary?
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Razgriz » Sat Aug 30, 2003 1:59 pm

I'm in college and all my classes are so spread out during the day that I don't need to carry a back pack. :thumb: So as of right now, it's my CDs, PS2, and PS2 games
Razgriz

Postby Ashley » Sat Aug 30, 2003 3:24 pm

A radio diary is a small booklet this company called Arbitron sends out. Basically, you keep track of any radio station you may have heard during the day, and what time. Anything from music at work to an elevator to your car...you write it down for a week.
Ashley

Postby Master Kenzo » Sat Aug 30, 2003 4:23 pm

In my backpack? Hmm... Ahem...

BINDER
Book I`m currently reading
Calculator
Various Writing Utensils and Writing Utensil Equivilents

BACKPACK
An old Gameboy link cable
Textbooks
House Key

That`s about it. My knapsack gets really heavy with any more.
I'm back to make a post or two every couple years...
Master Kenzo

Postby Spencer » Sat Aug 30, 2003 5:10 pm

Gypsy wrote:Spencer
I can easily picture you bummin' on a beach somewhere. You'd probably be barefoot and strumming a weathered looking guitar too. I would assume that your living quarters are rather ... unfastidious, but not without some foreign sense of order. You take life in your own relaxed strides.
Your title "Stranded Surfer"

*Laughs* Although it was a joke ... just how close did I come?

Very well done, I am surprised you could figure this by my backpack contents...Especially the part about unfastidious living quarters? If that translates into "a dump," you're right on, since my room is a mess. But there is order...Sure...I have a drawer for drawing stuff, a drawer for video game stuff (loaded to the brim with n64 cartridges and scratched dreamcast discs), and a drawer for the consoles themselves. I'm thinkin about selling the DC and n64, since I have a whopping 2 GCN games. Geez, sorry for writing a book here...

Long post short-- right on!
:)
Spencer

Postby shooraijin » Sat Aug 30, 2003 5:12 pm

> A radio diary is a small booklet this company called Arbitron sends out.

Arbitron does ratings (kind of a radio Nielsen), so that makes sense, but do you get anything out of it, like free stuff or anything?

shooraijin

Postby Mithrandir » Sat Aug 30, 2003 5:41 pm

shooraijin wrote:Arbitron does ratings (kind of a radio Nielsen), so that makes sense, but do you get anything out of it, like free stuff or anything?

When I was younger, they offered me $2.00 to write down everything I watched on TV. I found out I could make more than that collecting cans!
Mithrandir

Postby Ashley » Sat Aug 30, 2003 6:02 pm

Arbitron does ratings (kind of a radio Nielsen), so that makes sense, but do you get anything out of it, like free stuff or anything?

:lol: A test grade. In real life, yeah, you get a dollar.
Ashley

Postby shooraijin » Sat Aug 30, 2003 7:58 pm

> In real life, yeah, you get a dollar.

Man, they'd better cough up some real dough, or else they'll get eight hundred thousand radio diaries that someone just scribbled in stations for, and turned in the same day. Although, I guess that would say which stations have the highest exposure in the public eye ...

shooraijin

Postby andyroo » Sat Aug 30, 2003 8:10 pm

Only a dollar? After all that work for a week... I've had friends get 5 dollars (or more) for answering a few questions from serveys at the mall. Come to think of it, I wish that I had a radio that worked... only radio that does work is in my dad's car (as in car radio).
"As vinegar to the teeth and smoke to the eyes, so is a sluggard to those who send him." ~Proverbs 10:26
†
The Ideas Behind Anime |

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.
A proud member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone! Join the fight!
andyroo

Postby majanthehun » Mon Sep 01, 2003 2:27 pm

gypsy, i am amazed... you were pretty close!!

anyways, i have a car radio but it doesn't have a cd player and the tape player is broken. so i only listen to the radio in my car which is not fun bc im having problems with getting klove latley and im not the biggest fan of our local christian station.
Lord, I don't know where this is going,
Or how this all works out
Lead me to peace that is past understanding
A peace beyond all doubt

-Newsboys "Lord (I don't know)"
majanthehun

Postby Gypsy » Mon Sep 01, 2003 7:00 pm

Ooh, new backpacks to disect. I'm really tired right now, so I'll analyze later ... *sleeps*
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Straylight » Tue Sep 02, 2003 9:24 am

Hmm, I'm starting university term soon... here's what I will almost certainly carry around with me:

Record Bag
Laptop, mouse, mousemat
DnD 3E - Player's Handbook (mainly to rest the mousemat on) ;)
Lots of sweets to eat during lectures
Textbooks
A pad of blank A4 paper (for drawing)

Pencil Case
Scientific calculator
Writing/art stationary
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby majanthehun » Tue Sep 02, 2003 7:03 pm

when i leave for college i'll have...

food (lots of food)
Bible (in two or three translations)
laptop (if i can get one...)
mp3 and lectures
sketchpad
coupla stories to continue writing when i get bored
MAYBE my Strongs Concordance (that depends)
various writing utensils
etc, etc
Lord, I don't know where this is going,
Or how this all works out
Lead me to peace that is past understanding
A peace beyond all doubt

-Newsboys "Lord (I don't know)"
majanthehun

Postby firestorm » Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:43 am

hey gypsy what happened to the backpack stuff?
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby richardh01 » Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:39 pm

Michael wrote:You don't want to know what's in my backpack.

It's in the corner of my room...lurking

It's always there...waiting.

I expect it to strangle me in my sleep some day.

So I don't sleep.

It's always there...

And I think it stole my Trombone cleaning kit too...

Nice ;)! I've always wanted a backpack like that.

That sounds something like my refrigerator right now...
:?:
richardh01

Postby Gypsy » Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:50 pm

firestorm wrote:hey gypsy what happened to the backpack stuff?

Um ... I forgot about it ... :red: I'll try to get to it tonight, k?
Gypsy

Postby firestorm » Thu Sep 18, 2003 8:27 am

Gypsy wrote:Um ... I forgot about it ... :red: I'll try to get to it tonight, k?

k, k :)

Postby Mr. Rogers » Thu Sep 18, 2003 8:43 am

i dont have a backback...all i got is this wallet i made outta duct tape. just has a bunch of cards, papers i wrote notes on, and a couple pictures...no money though :sniffle: ...hehe
Mr. Rogers

Postby Gypsy » Thu Sep 18, 2003 4:09 pm

Look! I finally did it!

Michael
I don't know. Your backpack is too scary to analyze.

Bunny
You are constantly putting life in a bag and shaking it up a little. Mundane, everyday things bore you to tears, so you have to put a little bit of yourself into everything you do. You're precise in an upheaval like manner, but never finicky. You really want to be understood by everyone, but you also refuse to become predictable and ordinary. You have a fairly small attention span, but it's of your own choosing - there's just too much to see, think about and do that you don't like staying on one thing for too long. Your friends probably turn to you when looking for an unconditional smile. If you were to order an ice cream right now, you'd probably try something you've never had before.
Your title: "Eclectic Soul"

firestorm
You love imaginative things, but you'd rather be making your own rather than experiencing another person's creations. Your head is frequently in the clouds, but moving like a fighter jet. Yet sometimes your imagination runs too fast for even you to deal with, so you make yourself do something in the real world. You like to please people with your own work, and you love to make simple things into really cool things.
Your title: "Cloud Skimmer"

djkidprimative
Obviously you're not the same person now as you were when you had that backpack ... so I'm afraid it doesn't count. That's a good thing, though!
Your title: "Transformed Sk8ter"

Ashley
Strictly going from what's in your backpack mind you ... You are a serious worker who takes responsibility very seriously. You need a lot for your everyday activity, so you shoulder it and lug it around with you - as you also do with life. Your mind goes many places, but doesn't leave very good trail markers, so you find you constantly have to leave notes so you can find your way back to that thought.
Your title: "Multitasker"

Master Kenzo
Let's see ... you didn't give me a whole lot to work with. You probably jaunt through life with a fairly carefree manner. You know your limitations and don't care to push them, whether it be in school, physically, or mentally. You're a little forgetful, but not with important things.
Your title: "Windblown Leaf"

djnoz
You are an expert on using whatever is handy to accomplish what you want to. Your mind is constantly exploring fresh ideas, and your eyes catch all that's around you to see what you can learn. But when it comes time, you buckle down and let your task absorb you. Sometimes, it even lets you up for air.
Your title: "Perceptive Opportunist"

sldr4Christ1985
Cool! You really made a wallet out of duct tape?
Gypsy

Postby Bunny » Thu Sep 18, 2003 4:50 pm

Wow, that was all surprisingly true of me. Except the ice cream deal, everytime I get ice cream I get the same kind because it's my absolute favorite and I only get to have that kind about once a month. On the rare occassions that they run out, I do try new things, however.
"So David said to Michal, "It was before the LORD, who chose me instead of your father and all his house, to appoint me ruler over the people of the LORD, over Israel. Therefore I will play music before the LORD. And I will be even more undignified than this, and will be humble in my own sight. But as for the maidservants of whom you have spoken, by them I will be held in honor."

2 Samuel 6: 21&22

"I am going to take this bucket of water and pour it on the flames of hell, and then I am going to use this torch to burn down the gates of paradise so that people will not love God for want of heaven or fear of hell, but because He is God."

Bunny

Postby Heaven's Cloud » Thu Sep 18, 2003 6:18 pm

Okay I carrier:

Japanese Dictionary
Math Book
Notebook
Assignment Book
Pencil, Pen

That is all I really carrier, I don't carrier much. We aren't aloud to bring cd players to scool >>
"So it begins" - Theodon, King of Rohan
Heaven's Cloud

Postby firestorm » Thu Sep 18, 2003 8:00 pm

[quote="Heaven's Cloud"] firestorm

You love imaginative things, but you'd rather be making your own rather than experiencing another person's creations. Your head is frequently in the clouds, but moving like a fighter jet. Yet sometimes your imagination runs too fast for even you to deal with, so you make yourself do something in the real world. You like to please people with your own work, and you love to make simple things into really cool things.
Your title: "Cloud Skimmer"

QUOTE]

That is so true. And Cloud Skimmer sounds SOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Makes me want to draw it just to see what it looks like!
Thank you so much!

Previous

Return to General