Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Gypsy » Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:11 pm

Splintered wrote:But more time would equal more Cloud and Tifa possiblities!

(I'll be upset if flashbacks of you know who mess things up, though. And Tifa, being the awesome character that she is, would totally understand and stay by his side anyway ...)
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby RoyalWing » Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:30 am

I don't really know how to explain this... but for some reason, I wouldn't want them to focus that much on Cloud and Tifa? Yes maybe they could show just a bit of happiness between the two of them, but I think the main focus should be saving the planet? If they showed too much they would make it sappy, and for me that would ruin the whole movie~ (_ _)

Who is You Know Who?
RoyalWing

Postby Gypsy » Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:25 pm

RoyalWing wrote:I don't really know how to explain this... but for some reason, I wouldn't want them to focus that much on Cloud and Tifa? Yes maybe they could show just a bit of happiness between the two of them, but I think the main focus should be saving the planet? If they showed too much they would make it sappy, and for me that would ruin the whole movie~ (_ _)

Who is You Know Who?

Yes I agree, I would want only a part of the story to be spent on Cloud and Tifa - just as long as it's them. And "you know who" is the flower girl in pink. ;)
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Savior_Sora » Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:39 pm

Who's the flower girl in pink?...

I wouldn't mind seeing a little togetherness of Cloud and Tifa...I think deep down she really does like him...love him possibly?...Not too sure but I think there is something there...I mean they still talk to each other after not being together for two years...so I don't know.

Do you find it odd that a lot of the sequals happen two years apart?...KH2 is two years after KH, FFX-2 was two years after FFX, and AC is two years after FFVII...Is there a meaning behind that?...

But, I think most of the story will revolve around Kadaj and the children of the world...Since in the E3 trailor it says that children are always the first to suffer and Kadaj is talking to a group of kids so...I think that's where the central theme will be...But that's just me :)

BTW I was messin about to girl in pink...I know who it is lol.
-"How do we prove we exist...maybe we don't exist."

-"I feel sorry for the dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac...they stay up all night wondering if there is a dog."

-"It's not the fall that kills you...It's the sudden stop at the end."

Savior_Sora

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:46 am

I'm inclined to think this movie will be heavier on the action side and lesser on the character development and drama. For one, all the characters already have established characters and pasts. Of course, I would hope that the movie is true quality, and can stand on its own...

[quote="Gypsy"]Yes I agree, I would want only a part of the story to be spent on Cloud and Tifa - just as long as it's them. And "you know who" is the flower girl in pink. ]

Voldemort is a flower girl?
uc pseudonym

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:56 am

uc pseudonym wrote:Voldemort is a flower girl?

Voldemort: I've waited years for this moment, Harry... Take THIS! It's only ONE GIL!!!
Harry: A rose?
Voldemort: A new species... I made it myself... I hope you like it... *bats, um, well I guess he doesn't have eyelashes, so blinks incessently*

Everyone who's seen sailormoon knows roses are REALLY dangerous...
Oh, and they better not perform any resurrections other than in flashbacks... that would just be wrong... The worst kind of fanservice... So-and-so was never supposed to come back, and you can get that person's last limit without the airship... That person was supposed to die, so keep that person dead...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Savior_Sora » Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:45 pm

Voldemort...AAHH!!!...Who would win tho...Sephy or Voldemort...Good battle I'd say lol.

Got a couple more scans here and some new info. On the BC scan you can see that Sephiroth is also in Before Crisis...So I was wrong at first...Before Crisis is actually taken place before FFVII story. But I was right in saying it was about Shinra and the turks :p

Also there is an article saying the definite release dates...well BC definitely just says AC will be shortly after.

Here are the aticles that coincide with the pics:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

More Famitsu Scans

Two more scans from Famitsu have surfaced, with new screenshots from Before Crisis and some coverage on Advent Children.

http://www.adventchildren.net/fam0827-01.jpg
http://www.adventchildren.net/fam0827-02.jpg

Release Date for Before Crisis

According to a catalog from NTTDoCoMo, Before Crisis has been scheduled for release on the 24th of September and will come with a monthly subscription fee of 500 Yen. From information given earlier, Advent Children should be released some time after that.

http://media.adventchildren.net/scans/bc0827-01.jpg
http://media.adventchildren.net/scans/bc0827-02.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------

This is all I have for now. Enjoy it I guess :P

-"I feel sorry for the dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac...they stay up all night wondering if there is a dog."

Savior_Sora

Postby Splintered » Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:51 pm

Yes, there will be a lot of action, those fight scenes in the trailers where fantastic. I can't wait to see the rest.

But I hope they have a really good plot too. But I'm sure Nomura could pull it off.

It is by faith I have been saved...
Splintered

Postby Solid Ronin » Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:10 pm

Savior_Sora wrote:Who's the flower girl in pink?...

I wouldn't mind seeing a little togetherness of Cloud and Tifa...I think deep down she really does like him...love him possibly?...Not too sure but I think there is something there...I mean they still talk to each other after not being together for two years...so I don't know.

Do you find it odd that a lot of the sequals happen two years apart?...KH2 is two years after KH, FFX-2 was two years after FFX, and AC is two years after FFVII...Is there a meaning behind that?...

But, I think most of the story will revolve around Kadaj and the children of the world...Since in the E3 trailor it says that children are always the first to suffer and Kadaj is talking to a group of kids so...I think that's where the central theme will be...But that's just me :)

BTW I was messin about to girl in pink...I know who it is lol.

Cloud..happy?????Him im not sure how Id like that. (I say that cause I hate stories with a "And everyone lived Happily ever after" ending)
Solid Ronin

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:31 pm

I very much doubt this movie will have a traditional happy ending. The somewhat unhappy ending is now the cliche that is followed by most. I am, however, always in favor of realistic happy endings. But we will see if this movie surprises me.
uc pseudonym

Postby RoyalWing » Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:02 pm

Actually I think having Cloud happy would be very original idea, since he is such a sad character (but... alot of the characters are sad... so...) But, even his last name means sad or grief right?
I am so excited about the action though, especially fights with Cloud on the motorcycle that they showed on the trailer, those were SO. COOL. don't you think? I am going to enjoy that part so much when I see it!! Fast pace action yeah!!! And tifa in the church kick the guy in the face!! So excited!!
"you know who"... oh ok. ^v^ I thought you meant someone else who I think will come back to life (again) and is in the white weelchair. I think his presence can't be turned away from! *staire at UC's avatar.* :lol:
RoyalWing

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:36 pm

Ronin of Kirai wrote:Cloud..happy?????Him im not sure how Id like that. (I say that cause I hate stories with a "And everyone lived Happily ever after" ending)

I didn't realize the Ninja turtles ended with Donatelo Dead...

In any case, it would be nice to see some resolution... I mean, it was so frustrating knowing that the problems that were created in FF7 were never resolved... I mean, it was a stressfull point to end on.. All that revenge, and it goes nowhere...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Bobtheduck

Postby Savior_Sora » Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:03 am

Well they did kill Sephiroth didn't they? I thought so...well at least Cloud did. What kind of problems didn't get resolved?...I figured everything did lol.

Savior_Sora

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:03 am

Well, the ending did feel very... convenient. I think I know what Bobtheduck means.

On another subject: did the ninja turtles end at all?
uc pseudonym

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:17 pm

No, it was a standard episocdic american cartoon... The comic book may have had an ending, though... I'm not sure... Has there ever been an american cartoon series where a regular character dies permanently? Oh, yeah, that's right... Simpsons and... I would have said southpark, but they once again brought kenny back a season later. Maybe spawn, but I haven't watched that...

About cloud, he had a LOT of baggage that was just added to by killing sephiroth... It really made me sad to see the scene with Tifa at the end... It really ended on despair (which, hopefully, this movie will fix) As for the "final" end to the game, I thought that part was lame... Because it didn't tell me anything about the characters. Ooh, irony, so that one thing was actually there all along... Yeah, that's not really a happy ending... That's sorta like seeing flowers growing in the crater from an atomic bomb (unless this is too close to reality to be effective simile)... Somewhat disturbing even if it is beautiful.

And I really hope they dont' bring sephy back, though so-and-so would be much worse to bring back...
Bobtheduck

Postby Savior_Sora » Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:41 pm

OOOHH I get ya. Yeah I understand what you mean. Yeah the ending wasn't really an ending...I dunno what it was. It wasn't your normal saved the earth killed the bad guy ending...It's like the characters never regained anything or lost anything...They just stayed the same...

Savior_Sora

Postby Solid Ronin » Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:12 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:Well, the ending did feel very... convenient. I think I know what Bobtheduck means.

On another subject: did the ninja turtles end at all?

Ther really is no "ending" In comics..they just keep going even if they go outta print for awhile they can just come back (like TMNT)
Solid Ronin

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:05 pm

I agree that they should let people who are dead stay dead. Otherwise it would very much feel like fanservice. But I think going on about it further would be repetative.

You're thinking in a somewhat limited sense, Bobtheduck; there have been many comics made by Americans that do not follow typically heroic standards. In Batman: I believe one of the Robins died permanently, a Catwoman in one plot portion died, several of the villains actually died permanently. There are others, but I don't read American comics extremely frequently. Then there are a lot of little known, little seen American comics in which characters frequently die and stay that way.

Spawn I do not believe does so, but I could be wrong.
uc pseudonym

Postby Solid Ronin » Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:07 pm

[quote="uc pseudonym"]I agree that they should let people who are dead stay dead. Otherwise it would very much feel like fanservice. But I think going on about it further would be repetative.

You're thinking in a somewhat limited sense, Bobtheduck]

Master Uc's right Jason Todd ,the second robin, died.
Solid Ronin

Postby Savior_Sora » Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:16 pm

Wow I can't believe I missed these :P!! I got two more scans that I overlooked...here's the little paragraph before them:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Advent Children Scans

Fourm member Ashe has come across more new Advent Children scans. Of note in the scans is a new location that is not in the game, and a high resolution image of Zack.

http://media.adventchildren.net/scans/fp0827-01.jpg
http://media.adventchildren.net/scans/fp0827-02.jpg

These are kool. I like the sign in the first one that has the names of Midgar, Kalm, and even the Chocobo Farm is still up and running. This place isn't in the game so this is something new.

Savior_Sora

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:25 pm

Glad to see this thread back on topic. My operation timed out on those pictures, but that could well be my computer or the Advent Children site's fault. I find it interesting (but to be expected) that there are original locations in the movie.
uc pseudonym

Postby Savior_Sora » Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:51 pm

WHOA Awesome new guys...Well It's kinda cool to me lol. Lemme get the stuff as usual.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Advent Children Information from Venice

Forum member Pabradeia has found a PDF file with details of Advent Children, from the Venice International Film Festival starting on Wednesday. It includes a staff and cast list, biography of and quote from Tetsuya Nomura, and a synopsis of the story. Please note that the synopsis section could be considered spoilers.

http://www.labiennale.org/it/cinema/61miac/catalogo/90fantasy.pdf

Self-Explanatory :P.

Then also there is this too:

Start of Before Crisis Beta Test

According to the "Final Fantasy i" mobile site, the beta tests for Before Crisis are planned to start in Japan at 5PM on 31st August. In order to play the beta version you'll need to sign up to "Final Fantasy i".

If you are in Japan and have an iMode compatible phone, here's how to access the FFi site:
iMenu > Menu List > Game > Final Fantasy i

Savior_Sora

Postby RoyalWing » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:29 am

That was great! Now we know the plot! I liked the biography of Mr. Nomura.
RoyalWing

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:34 am

Actually, I'd rather not know the plot, so I think I'll stay away from it. But thank you for providing it, all the same.
uc pseudonym

Postby Savior_Sora » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:08 am

Not a problem. I made sure I emphasized the part where it says it may be a spoiler. The way I work I don't mind knowing the plot...I'm still suprised when I watch it so it doesn't ever bother me. But anyways your welcome just the same.

And in the future for any other posters try not not post anything about the plot here. If you do put it in spoiler tag or PM each other. It's best to keep it that way. We don't want to explain the wole story here cuz it'll be spoiled for most people. I think some of you will agree...I know UC does :P.

Also here is another thing from Advent Children.

Donate to Advent Children.net

As the site continues to grow, so does the cost of running and maintaining the site. Therefore, we are asking for your help. If you are able to send a donation no matter how small [or large] our way, it would be much appreciated. We are also planning for some special features to recognize donators in the future.

Donate and More Info

Savior_Sora

Postby Savior_Sora » Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:49 am

Now there is some more info you guys might like.

Panasonic to Promote AC

The official Panasonic website will begin its campaign for Advent Children on the 16th of September with coverage ranging from "News" and "Downloadable Content" to "Production Personnel Interviews" and "Present Campaign" etc. Visit the Panasonic site to view a new promotional image of Cloud holding the P900iV.

Panasonic P900iV Page

I want that phone sooooo bad!!!

Savior_Sora

Postby Savior_Sora » Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:11 pm

Yet some more info and things...

Come on people don't let this die!! :( This thread is my pride and joy...even tho I didn't create it :P

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Square-Enix Announces TGS Line-up

Square has revealed part of their exhibit for this year's Tokyo Game Show, held at the Makuhari Messe (Nippon Convention Center).

- Final Fantasy XI: Chains of Promathia (Windows/PlayStation2)
- Full Metal Alchemist 2: Demon of the Red Elixir (PlayStation2)
- Before Crisis -FFVII- (iMode)
- Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (DVD)
- Front Mission Online (Windows/PlayStation2)
- Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (Game Boy Advance)
- Kingdom Hearts 2 (PlayStation2)
- Radiata Stories (PlayStation2)

The Tokyo Game Show begins on Friday 24th September (business day, invitation only), and is open to the public on Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th.

Official TGS Website (English)

Square-Enix's Official TGS Page (Japanese)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you think about it...it's already been a year!! My how time flies :eh:

Savior_Sora

Postby Nate » Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:27 pm

I've seen the preview for AC and I think it looks good! My only gripes:

1. Yuffie isn't in it! As far as I know...
2. Will it be released subtitled, dubbed, or both in North America?
3. 50 minutes? Come on...even most anime movies are 60.
4. Yuffie's probably not in it!
5. I have heard rumors that Square-Enix plans to rerelease FFVII for PS2 when this comes out. If they do, will the game be the same or updated, like they're doing with Wild ARMs: Alter Code F? If they are remaking FFVII for PS2 I find it hard to believe there's no screenshots yet.
6. Kinda ruins the open-ending of FFVII by proving that humans did survive Holy's judgement. Bleh. I liked how it left you wondering.
7. I don't think Yuffie's in it!

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby RoyalWing » Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:44 pm

Don't worry! I won't let it die!! I just didn't know what to say about the phone!!

Yuffie is in it... if you go some pages back, Savior_Sora posted some cute pictures of her. ^-^

p.s. Savior_Sora I like you're new signature!!
RoyalWing

Postby Nate » Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:19 pm

Hooray, hooray! I did see Yuffie! Hooray!

On a personal note, I believe that Cloud loved Tifa after all, not Aerith. Yes, he and Aerith did grow close together in a short period of time. But think. Who did Cloud model his life after? Zack. Who was Zack dating? Aerith. I think maybe Cloud's muddled up memory, plus Aerith's continued attraction to Zack is what made these two so close. I think Tifa's the one he wanted all along.

Otherwise, how do you explain that scene in the Lifestream where one of the Clouds says "Tender memories...a secret wish that no one can ever know"? Or something like that. Besides, why did he join SOLDIER in the first place? To get Tifa to like him. End of story.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment