Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:37 pm

Most things like that get pushed back. What I really care about is when we'll have access to it.

I do like the new avatar.
uc pseudonym

Postby Savior_Sora » Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:13 pm

Thanks...it is Kadaj. He's my favorite out of the 3...

Yah they are bad about pushing stuff back. It's fine tho...The finished product always makes up for it tho.
-"How do we prove we exist...maybe we don't exist."

-"I feel sorry for the dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac...they stay up all night wondering if there is a dog."

-"It's not the fall that kills you...It's the sudden stop at the end."

Savior_Sora

Postby Splintered » Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:19 pm

Well originaly it was only suppose to be 60 minutes, now it's around 80-90 minutes so I guess that makes up for it!

I like Loz, personally. I don't know why, but I heard he's suppose to be a crybaby at heart. But Kadaj is cool. For some reason Yahzoo freaks me out.

It is by faith I have been saved...
Splintered

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:23 pm

It's been bumped to 80-90 minutes? Glad to hear it. I had thought that 60 was too few, especially for the number of characters that appear to be showing up. Now perhaps it can be a full length (in concept) film.
uc pseudonym

Postby Savior_Sora » Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:58 pm

Yeah they announced while back that it would be that long. Especially since there are a lot of characters. It's a good thing too....since they dont have to waste a lot of time on intros since we already know most of the characters. Cept the baddies but thats usual lol.

-"I feel sorry for the dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac...they stay up all night wondering if there is a dog."

Savior_Sora

Postby Splintered » Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:01 pm

Originally, I heard that it was just going to a short twenty minute film featuring just Cloud and Tifa.

I'm so glad they made it into a movie though. It would be great to see everyone again.

I feel so sorry for Reeve, he's the only main character that isn't official yet.

Splintered

Postby Savior_Sora » Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:23 pm

Ya know that reminds me...One last main char that hasnt curfaced...Cait Sith...you think he'll be in this too? Even tho I'm not a fan of him I still think he should have a role...

Savior_Sora

Postby Yojimbo » Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:26 pm

Ya know I never even thought about that and no article has yet to bring that up I believe. Maybe he will play a part here that we know nothing about yet.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:22 am

I'm pretty sure he was mentioned, some many threads ago. I do like Reeve, though not Cait Sith (that does make sense, right?).
uc pseudonym

Postby Splintered » Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:31 am

I wouldn't mind Cait Sith, though it might look kind of silly to have a huge fat moogle bouncing around with a cat on its head. But I don't want him to be left out. And Elena... what happened to her?

Splintered

Postby Savior_Sora » Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:12 am

I don't know about Elena...probably in Before Crisis we'll know what happens to her...But I'm nt sure...but yeah seeing a cat on top of a moogle in this movie will be kinda odd lookin lol

Savior_Sora

Postby Savior_Sora » Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:29 pm

Sorry for posting again, but remember those pics of Yuffie and Zack I had up? Well I have the full scan now and its a lot better quality and the Zack image isn't cut-off...here it is: http://media.adventchildren.net/scans/jp0823-2.jpg

It's pretty kool...and I just remembered something as I saw this pic. I remember an interview I read from Nomura that said something about where the main part of the story will take place...he said the answer was hiden in the logo...Well it looks like a meteor symbol like the game logo right? Well from waht I can tell does the AC logo not look like the Meteor Statue thats in the Town Square in the scan?...I'm guessing that's where all the chars will meet...Seems to me thats also where everyone meets and the creatures attack...and my guess is that Cloud is on his way there but it stopped by Rozzu and Kadaj...I'm not sure....just my speculation. Any kind of criticism is welcome...constructive or deconstructive :).

Savior_Sora

Postby Splintered » Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:16 pm

That's what I was thinking. Right in Midgar were if first started. Appearntly the church will also play an important role.

Makes me wonder how they made it all the way to the sleeping forrest.

Splintered

Postby RoyalWing » Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:33 am

Wow!! I really think that is Zack!!

Yuffie looks cool~ Savior_Sora, I really like the new avatar, but I like your old one's picture alot too. ^v^

I think, that making Cait Sith in the movie would be odd... Because of the realism I think Reeve would be better.

p.s. In the picture with Vincent on that scan... who is the child next to Tifa?
RoyalWing

Postby Splintered » Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:29 am

It is Zax, in the flashback where they are going to Midgar. I though he looked a bit different, but it doesn't matter.

The picture is of Denzel, an orphan with Star Scar Syndrome/ Geostigma. Tifa takes care of him and Marlene (while Barret minds for a new energry sourse). Tifa is suppose to be looking out for the orphans in Midgar, but I've only seen Denzel and Marlene.

Splintered

Postby Gypsy » Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:10 am

Splintered wrote:Who else thinks that Tifa's outfit rocks?

*jumps up and down and raises hand* Oh, me me! Tifa is my favorite video game character out of every game I've ever played, so I was very pleased that she's dressed in not only an awesome costume, but a modest one! Much better than the bar maid outfit. Image
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Splintered » Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:38 am

Yeah, even if Tifa was my favorite I'm not the big fan of the miniskirt.

The only think I'm sad to see go is her hair, they cut it short.

Splintered

Postby Savior_Sora » Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:53 am

Well they did have to make it more realistic tho...The shorter hair makes it seem more real IMO. Tifa is one of my favorites too. Shes got the best personality and the most care for others. Thats what I like about her anyways.

I just read that they are having screenings for the movie. Let me quote the paragraph and link you to the website they have:

----------------------------------------------------

More movie festival information

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children has been slotted to be screened on 4 September 2004 at 8:00PM local time. The movie will run approximately 30 minutes and is entered as a digital work entry. It is unknown as to what exactly the movie will consist of, and will likely only be the beginning of the movie.

"Movie Screening Listings"

----------------------------------------------------

Maybe if were lucky someone will be able to get it up for download. If it's one of the bootleg ones with the videocamera then I wouldn't recommend it. I'll see what it is so I can tell you guys if it's ok. I'll be sure to let ya know what happens :).

Savior_Sora

Postby RoyalWing » Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:08 pm

30 minutes?? How come it says 30 minutes?!
RoyalWing

Postby Savior_Sora » Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:13 pm

It's just a preview not the actual movie...kind of like a teaser. I guess they want to get an opinion about how how goodf or bad it is so they can get some kind of insight on what to expect from the public when it's released.

Savior_Sora

Postby RoyalWing » Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:36 pm

ohhh... I'm sorry, that is so dumb of me!! I should have known...

Tifa is one of my favourites! Yes, I am so happy they changed her outfit... And I think they made her realistic version really pretty! I am just a bit discouraged about the hair, because it wasn't that unrealistic, but maybe she got tired of it being so long? ^v^
RoyalWing

Postby Savior_Sora » Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:23 pm

awww it's ok your not dumb...you just misread is all :).

In two more year just imagine how long her hair would be lol. Cloud got his hair down to a less extreme level also if you;ve noticed...his spikeyness isnt as long.

Savior_Sora

Postby Yojimbo » Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:29 pm

Yeah which was a good move since he probably could of impaled someone on that spike coming out of his head.:eyeroll:
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

Yojimbo

Postby Splintered » Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:17 pm

I would say Sephiroth's hair got changed the most. His bangs no longer defies gravity.

Is it me or does Sephiroth looks like a druggy.

Splintered

Postby Yojimbo » Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:46 pm

When has he not lol? It's just the "evil" look ya know. Kinda like how in Star Wars the dark side corrupts your body.

Yojimbo

Postby Savior_Sora » Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:48 pm

At first when I saw him I swear he reminded me of Marylin Manson...Dunno why he just did...But yeah I like his heair better this way tho...more realistic. It looks cool for the game but that's about it lol.

Savior_Sora

Postby Splintered » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:15 pm

Sleep deprivation does hell to his complection.

Anyway, I have high hopes for the fight scenes. The Tifa vrs. Loz (Rozzu) kicked major behind. Cloud vrs. Kadaj was really cool too.

Splintered

Postby CAAOutkast » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:27 pm

Splintered wrote:Originally, I heard that it was just going to a short twenty minute film featuring just Cloud and Tifa.

I'm so glad they made it into a movie though. It would be great to see everyone again.

I feel so sorry for Reeve, he's the only main character that isn't official yet.

A Cloud and tifa movie would be cool,I would love to see them live happily together forever.

Steve
Eternal Fan of Sailor Moon and the Original Mega Man!
CAAOutkast

Postby Splintered » Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:14 pm

Yes it would, as long as it didn't become cheesy.

But more time would equal more Cloud and Tifa possiblities!

Splintered

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:33 am

I really need to look after some of these movies in greater detail; at this point I haven't pursued this movie very far, in that I'm waiting to see the actual thing. But it is sounding fairly worthwhile.
uc pseudonym

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment