Worst movie line you've ever heard

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby thalia » Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:15 pm

Um...stupid lines...

In X-Men:

Storm: Do you know what happens when a toad gets struck by lightening?

Toad: What?

Storm: The same thing that happens to everything else...

SO STUPID!!

And I agree: everything Anakin says in Episode 2...and most of what all of the other characters say, too...
Between the idea
And the reality
Between the motion
And the act
Falls the Shadow

For Thine is the Kingdom

Between the conception
And the creation
Between the emotion
And the response
Falls the Shadow

Life is very long

Between the desire
And the spasm
Between the potency
And the existence
Between the essence
And the descent
Falls the Shadow

For Thine is the Kingdom

For Thine is
Life is
For Thine is the

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but with a whimper.

-from T. S. Eliot's "The Hollow Men"
thalia

Postby Kite » Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:39 pm

The entire script for Red Zone Cuba.
Kite

Postby Mr_Anderson » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:16 pm

end of harry potter and TCOS.

Lucius: Then lets hope he will always be here to save the day.

Harry: Don't worry, i will.

Man! i thought harry's line was terrible!
Shatterheart wrote:Sarcasm is like a butt...everyone has some...and some need to be kicked.
Mr_Anderson

Postby Spirit_Wolf8356 » Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:26 pm

My least favorite movie line ever:

"I'll never let go Jack." AND SHE LETS GO! There were so many better lines they could have put there. I know what she meant by it, but still. Meh. Didn't like that movie anyway.

The choice has been made. There's no looking back. I won't let up, back up, give up, or shut up. My focus clear. My path is straight. My God, reliable. I'm a disciple of Christ.

Gods plan is like the sun. its too big and bright to look at directly, and sometimes the rain clouds cover it, but sometimes the plan dapples through the clouds and we can see beautiful glimpses of what he has in store for us.
Spirit_Wolf8356

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:50 pm

relientkrox wrote:personally i think the ending of Spiderman 2
MJ: go get em tiger.......
how gay is that .....y doesnt she say go get em spider....total mix up in the animal kingdom.

Tiger is what she always called him in the comics... They had to fit that in there... Tiger used to be a big nickname girls would call guys, and often parents would call their kids (usually sons) It's just a term of endearment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:57 pm

Ssjjvash wrote:This one Christian movie I saw had a seriously bad line: M 10:28 This one guy who's supposed to be really ticked off just says, "Will you shut your face?"
Just very bad, in my opinion.

Ooh, I love unrealistic "angry people" in Christian movies and family movies that say things like "chill" or "be quiet!" or something...

About the worst movie EVER MADE, a little stinker called "Time Changers", there is a line in there where the main character (a theology teacher at a Christian university in the 1890's who came forward to the year 2000 something) is telling off a girl for some reason, this girl is supposed to be a rebellious and non-christian girl with a serious additude problem, and what does she tell him? She doesn't drop an F-bomb, which would be the most likely realistic response. She tells him to "chill". Not only does almost no one say "chill" anymore, even when they're in an ok mood, but this girl was supposed to be this super-rebelious super bad additude girl and she says "chill." I thought I was going to throw up right there and then... It's no wonder no one can take Christian films seriously... Christian filmmakers don't believe in portraying reality, only complaining about it. I'm not all that fond of TBN, but at least Matt makes SOME attempts at reality, and not just insulting our intelligence like his brother...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Bobtheduck

Postby Ssjjvash » Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:09 pm

lol!!
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone
And so hold on when there is nothing left in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!' ...you'll be a Man, my son!

Rudyard Kipling

Satan, bite the dust!Image

"You are not who your mistakes say you are; you are not the sum of your failures!"---Rev. Billy Miller

Proverbs 18:24
Ssjjvash

Postby Banana-chan » Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:28 pm

"All you need is faith, trust, and pixie dust" from Peter Pan (1 & 2) lol
my cousin makes me watch it. And it must be one of the corniest ones ive ever heard!
C.T.'s pet chipmunk and daughter. I love my daddy and mommy!

C.T.= Daddy
AgentSmith700=Mommy!

Pets/People I've adopted:
-Sunako (Half Kitty)
-Wingzero22 (Wolf)
-Nami (Tiger)
-Ky Kiske (something from the ocean ^^;;;; )
-Firestorm (Flame kitty)
-Sonic_13
-Sakura15 (wolf)
-Agentsmith700 (Yes i adopted my mother...he's a turtle! X3)

Granddaughter: Shadowchild
Banana-chan

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:07 pm

I actually find Bobtheduck's situation funny. Yes, it's sad, but also funny.

Now, for a very, very old movie line that's still terrible. I won't reference it, but perhaps some of the older members will catch on.

"Love means never having to say you're sorry."
uc pseudonym

Postby ally-san » Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:02 pm

"you run like a boy"-lucius
"thanks"-ivy

- the village

actually i thought it was kinda funny...
"The only consolation I find in your immediate presence is your ultimate absence."

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Lord I give you my heart
I give you my soul
I live for you alone
Every breathe that I take
Every moment I'm awake
Lord have your way in me..
ally-san

Postby Lehn » Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:14 pm

Basically all of Robin Hood Men in Tights. Ug. Bad, bad, bad script and nasty under-par acting.
Lehn

Postby Yojimbo » Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:01 pm

Yeah I don't see why people thought that movie was funny at all.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby Mangafanatic » Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:20 pm

Banana-chan wrote:"All you need is faith, trust, and pixie dust" from Peter Pan (1 & 2) lol
my cousin makes me watch it. And it must be one of the corniest ones ive ever heard!

Hey! Don't mess with Peter Pan. Oh, well. I guess you were knocking Disney's Peter Pana nd not Barry's Peter Pan. But, man, if anybody messes with Barry's Peter Pan-- I'll take them down. ;)

AK! What is UC's line from! I've heard it! I know I have!!! AH!!! *pulls out hair.*
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Lehn » Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:52 am

'Mangafanatic' wrote:Man, what is UC's line from! I've heard it! I know I have!!! AH!!! *pulls out hair.*

:forehead: I remember hearing it before too... English class. Yes. I saw it in English Class. It was my teacher's favorite movie when she was our age, so that would make it have been from the... 60s perhaps 70s?

I remember thinking that it was like A Walk To Remember with a lot of swearing... gah... I can't remember what it was called though.

'Jimbo wrote:Yeah I don't see why people thought that movie was funny at all.

:drool: I wonder what they were on when they thought the entire tin-plated Maid Merriene was a good idea.........?
Lehn

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:13 am

Lehn wrote::forehead: I remember hearing it before too... English class. Yes. I saw it in English Class. It was my teacher's favorite movie when she was our age, so that would make it have been from the... 60s perhaps 70s?

You're pretty close; it was an old movie. If Mangafanatic is really that worried over it, I would be happy to provide the hint that the movie was released in 1970.
uc pseudonym

Postby KazuValis » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:40 am

OK, I have to post this: Starscream. Yes, our favorite Decepticon cronie. He's got the worst line of all time. "Megatron is dead! I am your new leader!" He ALWAYS says it, so that's why it's a bad movie line. heck, I think he even says it in the movie, and not just the shows. So, Starscream, we love to hate you, but your famous line is really, really, really...overused. Maybe try variations? *thinking*"Megatron is non-functional! I shall now assume control of this haphazard, crazy, band of evil robots!"
He who walks with integrity walks securely, but he who perverts his ways will become known.--Prov. 10:9

Image :rock:
KazuValis

Postby KazuValis » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:55 am

ok, I know this wasn't a movie, but I had to post it anyway. Go ahead, argue it.

"All your base are belong to us." and "They sent us up the bomb." BAD! Agetec needs grammar lessons ;-)
He who walks with integrity walks securely, but he who perverts his ways will become known.--Prov. 10:9

KazuValis

Postby KazuValis » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:55 am

OK, I have to post this: Starscream. Yes, our favorite Decepticon cronie. He's got the worst line of all time. "Megatron is dead! I am your new leader!" He ALWAYS says it, so that's why it's a bad movie line. heck, I think he even says it in the movie, and not just the shows. So, Starscream, we love to hate you, but your famous line is really, really, really...overused. Maybe try variations? *thinking*"Megatron is non-functional! I shall now assume control of this haphazard, crazy, band of evil robots!"

KazuValis

Postby KazuValis » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:12 am

what's up with that? It posted mine again? How did that happen? sry, pplz!

KazuValis

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:51 am

Ah, don't sweat it. Afterall. . .
uc pseudonym wrote:"Love means never having to say you're sorry."
;)
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Spirit_Wolf8356 » Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:44 am

"What about you, neurosurgeon?" "It's a no brainer!" Natalie and Alex from Charlie's Angels Full Throttle. Terrible movie to begin with, but that line just irked me.

The choice has been made. There's no looking back. I won't let up, back up, give up, or shut up. My focus clear. My path is straight. My God, reliable. I'm a disciple of Christ.

Gods plan is like the sun. its too big and bright to look at directly, and sometimes the rain clouds cover it, but sometimes the plan dapples through the clouds and we can see beautiful glimpses of what he has in store for us.
Spirit_Wolf8356

Postby umathurmanlover » Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:46 pm

hehe, "Batman and Robin" is filled with cheesy lines, I watched it yesterday and I honestly dont ever remember laughing so hard.
umathurmanlover

Postby Yojimbo » Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:33 pm

Jumping Jack Daniels Batman!
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:28 pm

"Be excellent to each other!"
-Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure

"This could be our last night on Earth. You don't wanna die a virgin, do you?"
-Independence Day

"Outside-in."
-Poltergeist III

(although it's anime and not movies, some DBZ stuff deserves honorable mention)
"Don't p*** off the dragon of love."
"Krillin's in da house!"
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Madeline » Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:31 pm

I don't necessarily want to recall...but some of the ones you have mentioned are pretty funny. ^_^
Madeline

Postby Lehn » Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:28 pm

"Evaporated bat's blood, or do you prefer dehydrated?" - The Raven
Lehn

Postby Bobtheduck » Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:02 am

Yojimbo wrote:Yeah I don't see why people thought that movie was funny at all.

WHAT? Men in Tights was great! Mel Brooks, man... Men in Tights and Space Balls were both great, even if they were practically the same movie... sorta, anyhow... Oh well, it is all just a matter of taste.

Hehehe... I love Men in Tights... "I can see! I was healed! It's a miracle! No, wait, I'm blind again." And Rabbi Tuck, I love it! When I start buying movies, I'll definately buy this one...
Bobtheduck

Postby panegryst » Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:30 am

"So Akira's an amoeba?"
-Kaneda from Akira

the worst part about this movie was Kei's 'Akira==amoeba==ultimate energy" speech. geez, I wanted to see stuff getting blown up, not a lecture on theology.
"Reason is the Devil's harlot."
-Martin Luther

I'll stand for nothing less
Or never stand again
-Chevelle, 'The Clincher'

Image Image
panegryst

Postby Bobtheduck » Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:41 am

uc pseudonym wrote:I actually find Bobtheduck's situation funny. Yes, it's sad, but also funny.

Now, for a very, very old movie line that's still terrible. I won't reference it, but perhaps some of the older members will catch on.

"Love means never having to say you're sorry."

Oh... I know that one... It's called "Love Story" I've never seen it, but I know it because I've heard that talked about a lot... Because James Dobson used to talk about that movie on Focus on the Family, I think... Said that movie has ruined some things for 40 years... That line is so imbeded in our society... People who've never seen the movie know that line. And, that line is just so wrong.
Bobtheduck

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:59 pm

And there you have it. The movie is "Love Story."

I agree, it is terribly wrong.
uc pseudonym

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment