Napoleon Dynamite

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Napoleon Dynamite

Postby Kenchii » Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:17 pm

Well, im in the middle of watching it. It seems pretty good. I like it. Exspecially when Napoleon was at the farm. :lol:
私は愛する

<3

:: xanga ::

:: reviews::

:: amv's ::
Kenchii

Postby Spencer » Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:52 pm

I want to see that movie so bad...lol, but none of my friends are interested. Tell me how it is...I've seen a lot of clips online.

Idiot!
:)
Spencer

Postby Kenchii » Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:03 pm

Spencer wrote:I want to see that movie so bad...lol, but none of my friends are interested. Tell me how it is...I've seen a lot of clips online.

Idiot!

LOL.

I watched the clips online as well. Yeah, I thought It was focused on his way of speaking (all picky/winey) but in the movie he gets picked on a lot. so, it takes the humor away a bit.

I was expecting a little more for the film. In the begining of the movie they basically show all the trailer (funny) clips. Otherwise its worth watching. The story is a typical teenage-highschool-romance-take-a-girl-to-the-prom-dance movie but with strange humor added. I think its worth the watch, (but im not done watching it all) i'll explain more when I finish watching it.
:thumb:
私は愛する

<3

Kenchii

Postby Ashley » Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:58 pm

I've got a funny Napolean story to share!

If you didn't know, I help out in my church's youth group by coming in monday mornings and updating the attendance records we keep. Well I do it on my pastor's computer, and he's a big ND fan, so he set his error message to say "you're such an Idiot!"

Well, I go in and sit down to do the work, and the program I use makes an error message sound every time I enter a phone number. The first time it went off I was startled and thought someone was behind me. Heh, let's just say Adam's computer insulted me 108 times that day. O.o Now it's our big joke amongst the leadership that Adam's computer hates me.
Ashley

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:02 pm

He he, that's great.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Kenchii » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:03 pm

Ashley wrote:I've got a funny Napolean story to share!

If you didn't know, I help out in my church's youth group by coming in monday mornings and updating the attendance records we keep. Well I do it on my pastor's computer, and he's a big ND fan, so he set his error message to say "you're such an Idiot!"

Well, I go in and sit down to do the work, and the program I use makes an error message sound every time I enter a phone number. The first time it went off I was startled and thought someone was behind me. Heh, let's just say Adam's computer insulted me 108 times that day. O.o Now it's our big joke amongst the leadership that Adam's computer hates me.

:lol:
Thats hillarious. I can just imagine... :sweat:

I want to see that movie so bad...lol, but none of my friends are interested. Tell me how it is...I've seen a lot of clips online.

I just watched it all. I like it. The ending was very fast, which threw me off a bit. But otherwise Its worth watching.
私は愛する

<3

Kenchii

Postby einthedog » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:37 pm

yeah i just saw it eariler today, its very random and weird. me and my friend got the biggest kick out of it. i love how he says idiot and gosh and the way he runs.
"your an original" :eyebrow:

"When I'm lit with the sunshine
I want more than just a good time
I want more than just okay, more than just okay"

2 Timothy 2:11-13
Roman 8:35-39
Matthew 11:28-30
einthedog

Postby Ashley » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:59 pm

My favorite quote of the movie, even though I haven't seen it yet, is this:
"What's a lyger?"
"It's my favorite animal..."

What's really sad is that I knew what a Lyger was before the movie. :lol: Darn Zoids...
Ashley

Postby einthedog » Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:15 pm

LOL yeah that part is really funny.
"your an original" :eyebrow:

"When I'm lit with the sunshine
I want more than just a good time
I want more than just okay, more than just okay"

2 Timothy 2:11-13
Roman 8:35-39
Matthew 11:28-30
einthedog

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:48 am

Lygers... Aren't those the result of illegal and generally considered inhumane breeding between a tiger and a lion?

Anyhow, I definately gotta see this one. Hehehehe

I watched a movie of a lyger farm being raided so they could take them all to zoos, because they were illegal to begin with, but they were also being mistreated and the owners took off.

I know, this is about Napoleon Dynomite, not Lygers... Dang...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Kenchii » Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:20 am

Bobtheduck wrote:Lygers... Aren't those the result of illegal and generally considered inhumane breeding between a tiger and a lion?

Anyhow, I definately gotta see this one. Hehehehe

I watched a movie of a lyger farm being raided so they could take them all to zoos, because they were illegal to begin with, but they were also being mistreated and the owners took off.

I know, this is about Napoleon Dynomite, not Lygers... Dang...

Your exacally right. LOL :sweat:
私は愛する

<3

Kenchii

Postby Spencer » Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:54 pm

:lol: I just went and saw this with one of my friends on Saturday. It was so hilarious! I wasn't completely satisfied with it, but only cause I had already seen so much of it on commercials and online. Otherwise it was the funniest movie ever, aside from The Breakfast Club and Ferris Bueller.

But anyway, I really liked it. Napoleon is hilarious.

Gosh!!
:)
Spencer

Postby Kenchii » Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:02 pm

Spencer wrote::lol: I just went and saw this with one of my friends on Saturday. It was so hilarious! I wasn't completely satisfied with it, but only cause I had already seen so much of it on commercials and online. Otherwise it was the funniest movie ever, aside from The Breakfast Club and Ferris Bueller.

But anyway, I really liked it. Napoleon is hilarious.

Gosh!!

Yeah, especially the part where...

Napolian gets Pablos friends to beat-up the school bullies. :grin:
私は愛する

<3

Kenchii

Return to General Entertainment