The Village

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

The Village

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:35 pm

I saw it today-- so what did you guys think. It was so unlike any of the other M. Night movies I've ever seen that I can't really decide what I think.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby glitch1501 » Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:47 pm

i just got back from it, i really liked it, i thought some of it was predictable though

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:03 pm

Then you must be alot more on the ball than me. I didn't expect much of it.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby glitch1501 » Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:22 pm

i dont know if this should go in spoiler tags so ill put them in anyways
i have this one shot from the movie stuck in my head
[spoiler]its the point where ivy is standing in the forest and all around here are the red berries on the ground, it looked so cool![/spoiler]i dont know why, its just stuck in my head

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Passion - Kutless
glitch1501

Postby Shinja » Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:28 pm

it was better than signs, but un breakable is his best in my opinion. i was kinda disapointed, but i will say no more, so as not to spoil it for anybody
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby CephasWhite » Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:48 pm

I just came back from watching The Village, and it was super. I liked the way they did the camera angles, positions, and scenes.

For those who have seen The Village (:mutter: DO NOT LOOK IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN IT!!!!!! :mutter: )

[spoiler] I liked it where you could see the Director, M. Night Shamaylan in the medicine-cabinet window. [/spoiler]

Suspenseful and thrilling. M. Night Shamaylan is like a regular Alfred Hitchcock. :thumb:
Two Steps From Hell - Tristan <--(click)
†††††††††††††
We have been here long enough to know
That we are all brothers and sisters in Christ,
So if you are in need of help,
We shall give you His advice.

May God add his blessings upon you,
That you will live this day and forever,
And when He comes to the earth again,
We will all go together...

Into Heaven for Eternity...

[SIZE="5"][color="Green"]M[/color][color="Red"]E[/color][color="Green"]R[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]Y[/color] [color="Red"]C[/color][color="Green"]H[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]I[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]T[/color][color="Red"]M[/color][color="Green"]A[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]![/color][color="Red"]![/color][color="Green"]![/color][/SIZE]
CephasWhite

Postby ally-san » Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:54 pm

yea i just saw it. it started out really good but then, well u know if u saw it. i liked it and it was creative. it was kinda predictable. i jumped a lot tho!! i also laughed tho so...i cant really form an opinion on it either. not enuf joaquin phoenix...
"The only consolation I find in your immediate presence is your ultimate absence."

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Lord I give you my heart
I give you my soul
I live for you alone
Every breathe that I take
Every moment I'm awake
Lord have your way in me..
ally-san

Postby fayefaye » Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:50 pm

I really can't say anything right now.It was really creative and entertaining, but what I went to see it for was barely there.I don't know how to use spoilers so I can't say much,but the audience walked out disapointed.If I had to say yes or no to it I would say yes.
fayefaye

Postby Hitokiri » Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:22 pm

I plan to go see it sooner or later...im a big fan of Shaymalans movies
Hitokiri

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:11 pm

You know the part where [spoiler=the Village] he gets stabbed by Noah[/spoiler] my mouth hung open for half a minute alteast.

Mangafanatic

Postby glitch1501 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:00 pm

Mangafanatic wrote:You know the part where [spoiler=the Village] he gets stabbed by Noah[/spoiler] my mouth hung open for half a minute alteast.

yea,
[spoiler]i was like...isnt he the main character?!?!?!? they cant do that!!!!!!!!!
but then i realized everything and it was fine[/spoiler]

Glitch's Photostream

Passion - Kutless
glitch1501

Postby Gypsy » Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:33 pm

*Flees from all the spoiler tags*

Must not look! I've been looking forward to seeing this movie for a while - I liked all three of his other movies. Soon ... I will see it soon.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Stephen » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:59 pm

I just got in seeing it tonight with Lightbringer Gypsy and another friend of ours...and I gotta say I really liked the movie. The only other film of his I had seen was the Sixth Sence...I can't really put a finger on what I liked about the film...except to say I felt it was a deep...thinker of a thriller movie. Not a shallow gorefest or anything. I enjoyed it.
Stephen

Postby shooraijin » Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:47 am

(bumped for thread merge)
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Banana-chan » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:17 pm

sorry i didnt know there was another thread like this one because when i checked it said none!
-Meeh
C.T.'s pet chipmunk and daughter. I love my daddy and mommy!

C.T.= Daddy
AgentSmith700=Mommy!

Pets/People I've adopted:
-Sunako (Half Kitty)
-Wingzero22 (Wolf)
-Nami (Tiger)
-Ky Kiske (something from the ocean ^^;;;; )
-Firestorm (Flame kitty)
-Sonic_13
-Sakura15 (wolf)
-Agentsmith700 (Yes i adopted my mother...he's a turtle! X3)

Granddaughter: Shadowchild
Banana-chan

Postby kaze » Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:43 pm

i thought it was a good movie, not really scary (even though i jumped at a couple parts) and i liked the ending, except i kind of guessed it beforehand. I thought the directing was great and it had an interesting theme ^^
visit my DA and SA pages please~

deviantArt+++クリック+++
sheezyArt++クリック++

夢の中でも ふらふら する。
kaze

Postby Hitokiri » Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:16 am

well I finall saw it (on saturday) with a friend who couldn't find anyone to go with cause they were all busy. So I was like sure I'll go with you. She already saw it once and she hates love stories but she still like this movie.

I enjoyed it. At first I was like .... what just happened. But I came ot like how Shamaylan built up an entire story that made you sit on the edge of your seat and then just throw it out of the window and make you rethink an dchange your opinion and htoughts on the movie. That was a awesome idea.

The ending was good unlike in Signs. Signs is still my #1 movie made by him. Village is not that scary. In parts it is but those "creatures" don't look that real (and they're not supposed to for a reason ;) ). Overall I foudn thi smovie to be one of Shamaylans-whatever best movies, right under Signs.

I didnt enjoy Unbreakable or Sixth Sense that much for some odd reason.
Hitokiri

Postby Raskle » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:40 pm

I've read summaries of it, but haven't decided if I want to see it. Got the regular freaky/lame/cool reviews from friends and media.
"...don't you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal."
-Zaphod

"As I was driving once I saw this painted on a bridge:..."
-They Might Be Giants

"Who are yoouu?? What did you do with Uncle Sliiim?!"
-"Home on the Range"
Raskle

Postby PumpkinKoRn52 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:16 pm

M. Night Shamalan owes me 8 bucks for going to see that piece of garbage. That was worse than unbreakable, which was horrible. The movie was almost going to be cool, with the monsters and all, but then it got horrible real fast because of them. I don't want to say anything because I don't know how to post spoilers so just don't go see that movie. How am I going to get those 2 hours of my life I wasted on your movie back, M. Night? Huh? The $7.50 could help for starters.
"Relax, turn around, and take my hand." Tool
"Heir Kommt Die Sonne." Rammestein
"Now the world is gone, I'm just one. Oh please God help me." Metallica
"Are You Ready?!?" KoRn
"All and all your just another brick in the wall." Pink Floyd.
The downfall of society will be society itself.
Rap is the malignant tumor of the music industry.
I HATE LINKIN PARK
PumpkinKoRn52

Postby Kenchii » Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:29 pm

Loved the movie.
私は愛する

<3

:: xanga ::

:: reviews::

:: amv's ::
Kenchii

Postby EvilSporkofDoom » Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:00 pm

I actually liked it, even though it seemed that most people found it fairly disappointing. I admit that it wasn't what I expected at all.. from watching the previews I was anticipating something.. well, scarier. If you liked the Sixth Sense, then I recommend this movie because it's also got the good plot twists and suspencefulness (it is the same director, after all - I'm sure most of you knew that already, though).
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
-Hebrews 11:6

EvilSporkofDoom

Postby Staci » Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:26 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed the film. However, I knew what was going on 15 minutes into the movie - I have a bad habit of figuring things out like that.

I was kind of disappointed, though, because I wanted to see a scary movie. Oh well, at least it was suspenseful during most latter scenes. I would recommend it to anyone who enjoyed "The Sixth Sense", et cetera. :thumb:
Member of the CAA Book Club
Staci

Postby Pantakrator » Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:53 am

Hey guys-
I just saw it last night. I liked it. Part of the reason I liked it was because it could actually happen. The other part was because you could really analyze it. Maybe most people don't like it because of that... There are a whole lot of ideas and things going on in the movie begging for conversation. Considering how old it is now, ya guys wanna discuss some of the stuff in it?
Luke 10:22 ... "No one knows who the son is except the Father, and no one knows who the Father is except the Son and those to whom the Son choses to reveal him"

ImageImage
Pantakrator

Return to General Entertainment