Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:55 pm

I hope that there is an option to watch it subbed... I don't want to be stuck with the FFX dub crew, that's for sure... bleh...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:06 pm

You disliked that crew in particular? I really didn't have a problem with the game in question. All the voices seemed decent to me. Auron's was cool; Tidus's was really annoying, but so was his character, so I thought it fit.
uc pseudonym

Postby Lochaber Axe » Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:32 pm

As a side note: Advent Children will be released on both DVD and UMD. UMD is the tiny cds that the PSP will use. Yes, the Psp will be able to play movies and music.
Lochaber Axe

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:09 pm

The voices and the timing (mostly the timing) were both horrible in FFX... I don't want to see that in "Advent Children" It would be nice if they got ADV to do the dubbing, though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Bobtheduck

Postby CDLviking » Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:31 pm

I don't watch dubs anyway, so I could care less.
CDLviking

Postby Shinja » Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:56 pm

either way i dont think it would detract from the overall coolness, and if it is dubed im sure it'll also have the subed version on the dvd too
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby Savior_Sora » Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:10 pm

Got some more info...I think its close now...I can FEEL it!!!! O_O!!!!!!!! but for real its soon everyone!! In case no one goes to Advent Children.net I'll post some news here.

This is from an interview with Kitase (The Producer). He gives some info on the movie. Some of it really interesting. Here it is:

The Playstation Translations: Part 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 16 Jul 2004
Posted by: Clorith

And as for Tifa and Cloud's relationship?
It's now 2 years after that journey, Tifa manages the bar Seventh Heaven in Midgar's sector 7 by herself. We can gather that they haven't seen each other in a while from the words "how are you?" The person on the other end of the phone doesn't seem to be Cloud, but could he be the subject of the call?

Kitase Interview

"The present state of AC, and the view of the 'Compilation'"

As this is a visual work, we'll be able to depict a deep human drama

As it's a visual work rather than a game, we're able to take the time to portray the parts we want to.

Cloud and Tifa, and the recently revealed "someone" [Aerith]. While there are a lot of action scenes, it will also depict the delicate relationship of these three.

As for the scenario, we can have expressions we can't usually do in a game. You'll be able to feel a somewhat adult-like, subtle naunce in the characters' conversations as well.

With the action and battles as well, in the game as there is a battle system, it puts a limit on the expressions. With a video, you are able to have expressions freely.

As for troubles with the change to video, there are not really that much, but something that was a problem in the beginning was Cloud's hairstyle. Whether to make it realistic, or comic-like, it'd be impossible to get that hairstyle realistically. We discussed it with Nomura.

The release date is 2004, whether the DVD or UMD (PSP edition) will be released first is undecided. Whether or not there is a difference in the contents of the two is unknown.

In regards to the present state of development, there might be some re-recording but, according to the voice actors, the post-recording is already finished. The situations that connect it from the beginning to the end are completed. They're being particular about the feel and atmostphere of the film.

Here is also an interview with Nomura (The Director)...well I won't post it but here's a link...Nomura Interview

And here is one last bit...and I will highlight the parts that will answer a lot of questions and do away with a lot of heart-ache lol:

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children is the much anticipated sequel to Square's top selling game Final Fantasy VII. The sequel however will not be in the form of a game [like Final Fantasy X-2], but instead as a CG movie.

The movie will run for somewhere between 70 and 80 minutes and will be released on DVD and UMD [for the Sony PSP]. It will feature a total of 20 characters, including the popular Cloud and Sephiroth, and is being developed by Square-Enix in conjunction with Visual Works.

It is expected to be released in Japan at the end of 2004, with a US release to follow shortly after [first quarter of 2005]. No word on a European or Australian release has been made as yet.

Well that's about all the good stuff...for more in-depth stuff go to http://www.adventchildren.net
-"How do we prove we exist...maybe we don't exist."

-"I feel sorry for the dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac...they stay up all night wondering if there is a dog."

-"It's not the fall that kills you...It's the sudden stop at the end."

Savior_Sora

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:37 am

It is good to see that information. Due primarily to this discussion I have decided that I will view this movie in some manner.
uc pseudonym

Postby Yojimbo » Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:08 pm

I think that's really cool they're making a PSP version of the movie.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby bakura_fan » Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:51 pm

Errrr....what's PSP? :red:
:angel:

[color=DeepSkyBlue] "He lives in you. He lives in me. [/color]He watches over everything we see.
Into the water. Into the truth. [color=Yellow][color=DeepSkyBlue]In your reflection, He lives in you." - He lives in you chorus[/color][/color]
"Slow, love, slow. Time's so fast. Now goes quickly, see Now it's past!
Soon will come, Soon will last. Wait." [color=Yellow]- Wait (sweeney todd) [/color]

[align=center]My art page.

[align=center]Married to swordguy
:hug:

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby Savior_Sora » Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:56 am

Basically...its a handheld portable movie machine. As far as we...or well I know it only plays a new type of format disc UMD. So DVD, CD, MP3...all that cannot be played on it...which i think is dumb but I'm not making the product so it dont matter :p.

Got some more info...I think some people will REALLY like this...I have a scan here...I think its Yuffie!!!! O_O!!!! So heres the scna...heh I sure hope it is :D.

It looks like it to me o_O. It also shows a good pic of RedXIII and Cid...well all of them really. Tifa and Marlene are taling also are Tifa and Vincent. Seems Red and Cid have their hands full with baddies but nothing they cant handle...if they can survive Sephy they can take these guys lol.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

-"I feel sorry for the dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac...they stay up all night wondering if there is a dog."

Savior_Sora

Postby Yojimbo » Sat Jul 24, 2004 10:22 am

The PSP is Sony's new next generation handheld. It has movie, game, music, and WiFi capabilities. So bascially it can do all the cool little things you'd expect Sony to put in their stuff. The UMD discs are specially made for the PSP. They would not be able to use any other format than that because nothing exists that small and able to hold that much space.

Here is the jist of the PSP so far. You can also look through more of IGN to find more specific info on games for it and the like.

http://psp.ign.com/articles/513/513175p1.html

Oh and about Advent Children. I don't see Yuffie anywhere in that pic. The two guys on the top left are Reno and Rude from the Turks. Ya know the Shinra "cleaners" you fought constantly throughout the game. That little Before Crisis thing is most likely a game starring the Turks that will only come on the PSP version as an incentive to buy it for PSP. Looks pretty cool though.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

Yojimbo

Postby Savior_Sora » Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:50 pm

The yuffie pic is middle-left...below vincent...shes got a parachute :p.

Savior_Sora

Postby Yojimbo » Sat Jul 24, 2004 10:20 pm

And I was supposed to determine that how that could of been Aeris or Sephiroth for all I can tell? Back at ya.:P

Yojimbo

Postby Bobtheduck » Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:49 am

Yojimbo wrote:And I was supposed to determine that how that could of been Aeris or Sephiroth for all I can tell? Back at ya.:P

??? If I decyphered that correctly, we know it's yuffie because of the weapon... Only Yuffie uses that four pointed thing... But, what I'm more interested in right now is that game in the corner... First a sequal, now a prequal (about the turks, I'm guessing?) on some portable system, looks like GBA and it's much too low quality to be PSP... It could be "Wonderswan Color" but I don't think that would be wise...

Nope, I was way off... It's a Cell Phone game... I wish I had a cell phone that could play that...

Not Ngage, of course... eew...
Bobtheduck

Postby Gypsy » Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:37 am

Yuffie! Finally!
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Yojimbo » Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:56 am

Well I can barely make out the four pointed weapon anyway. That a pretty advanced looking cell phone game for sure.

Yojimbo

Postby Kenchii » Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:17 am

Old news... bleh...
私は愛する

<3

:: xanga ::

:: reviews::

:: amv's ::
Kenchii

Postby Savior_Sora » Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:51 am

Hows that old news?...its like VERY recent...anyways Before Crisis is a cell phone game. As far as I know its only playable on certainn phones...one that we dont have in the states but will eventually.

It does revolve around the turks and all that....basically the bad guys :p. Thats about all I know...

Savior_Sora

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Jul 25, 2004 3:47 pm

Interesting. Having those pictures is most appreciated. I hope Vincent plays a fairly large role.
uc pseudonym

Postby RoyalWing » Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:31 pm

Where is Yuffie? I don't see her!!! Please some one tell me where i can find yuffie on that scan?

Cid... is ugly! :lol:
RoyalWing

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:57 pm

Look on the far left side, three or four pictures down, depending on how you count them. She's parachuting down, and it is pretty obviously her due to the weapon that she's holding.
uc pseudonym

Postby RoyalWing » Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:23 am

oh! I see her now!! Thanks! *^-^*

I like the way they did Red XIII! he's all fuzzy!
RoyalWing

Postby Savior_Sora » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:39 pm

In the movie he is...He's a dog basically so he better be :p. He looks evil tho...but we know hes a good guy so no worries...right?...

Savior_Sora

Postby emoanimechild » Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:52 pm

The manger of a game store is a friend of mine, we both love ff7 he told me about this a while back, I was so excited and I still am, I love looking at the pictures, I just wish I could watch the movie now. It will be so cool when it does come out.
emoanimechild

Postby Savior_Sora » Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:04 pm

Well the dates I know of are these...

Japan - late 2004 (September)

USA - Early 2005 (Late Feb early March)

I love the pics too...I'll give you a link to the E3 Trailor they have out...it's freakin sweet!!!

http://www.adventchildren.net/ff7ac/media/movies.htm

Click on E3 Trailor...it's the first one...it's the best out of all of them. It has English narration its sooo kool. Just like a movie preview

Savior_Sora

Postby RoyalWing » Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:03 pm

But Red XIII always looked serious. ^-^ I think. Here he is all fuzzy with a big nose! ^o^
RoyalWing

Postby Savior_Sora » Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:35 pm

Still...to me he looks evil lol. That scar on his eye just makes him look so...kool...heh like he can whoope anybody...he never left the party when I plahyed the game..he and cloud were always together. the third i interchanged...its usually either yuffie or vincent

Savior_Sora

Postby RoyalWing » Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:53 am

I always kept Tifa when I played, because I couldn't get enough of her Special Attack, it would go all roller and you had to time it just perfectly to get the best one! It was so fun! Red was very good though!

I was trying to find Yuffie but I didn't know how... I heard she is a bit annoying, she steals something for you or something?
RoyalWing

Postby Yojimbo » Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:47 pm

I always interchanged alot of the characters except for Cait Sith never liked him.

Yojimbo

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment