Zelda movie?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Zelda movie?

Postby bakura_fan » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:31 am

I found awhile ago a poster and webpage that was talking about a Legend of Zelda live action movie. Has anyone heard of this? It's suppoesedly done by Warner Bros. I was wondering if the rumors were true or not. Here's the poster I found.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:angel:

[color=DeepSkyBlue] "He lives in you. He lives in me. [/color]He watches over everything we see.
Into the water. Into the truth. [color=Yellow][color=DeepSkyBlue]In your reflection, He lives in you." - He lives in you chorus[/color][/color]
"Slow, love, slow. Time's so fast. Now goes quickly, see Now it's past!
Soon will come, Soon will last. Wait." [color=Yellow]- Wait (sweeney todd) [/color]

[align=center]My art page.

[align=center]Married to swordguy
:hug:

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby CobaltAngel » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:34 am

Woah... I don't know. O_O That would be pretty awesome, I've been hoping they'd make one for a while now...
[align=right][align=center]
Invisible Children || Justice For Children

[/align]

[/align]
CobaltAngel

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:40 am

That poster strikes me as fake. Movie posters aren't done that way anymore, if indeed they ever were.

A Legend of Zelda movie would be cool, but it has so many places where it could go wrong. As long as they don't follow the same route as the Zelda tv show I will be moderately happy. For that matter, it would be cool if they didn't name it directly after the series as well.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:41 am

That looks totally fake to me. It really wouldn't take much to do anyways.

A zelda movie would rock, but I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby bakura_fan » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:53 am

That's what I was feeling so I just thought I'd check. However it does seem like a cool concept. ^_^ Especially if all those well known people were in it. :)
:angel:

[color=DeepSkyBlue] "He lives in you. He lives in me. [/color]He watches over everything we see.
Into the water. Into the truth. [color=Yellow][color=DeepSkyBlue]In your reflection, He lives in you." - He lives in you chorus[/color][/color]
"Slow, love, slow. Time's so fast. Now goes quickly, see Now it's past!
Soon will come, Soon will last. Wait." [color=Yellow]- Wait (sweeney todd) [/color]

[align=center]My art page.

[align=center]Married to swordguy
:hug:

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby Lehn » Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:18 pm

What? What no Orlando Bloom as Link?! *gasp* How ever will the fan girls survive?

:stressed:
“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.â€
Lehn

Postby Link Antilles » Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:12 pm

Ah, the fun of photoshop....

Haha... that actor list is pretty funny... Jack Black? Tom Cruise? Russel Crowe? Christopher Lee? Screenplay by Micheal Crichton (doing a fantasy fim, they expect people to believe that?) That would be funny to see.
Link Antilles

Postby Spencer » Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:38 pm

lol, I could see Jack Black being Talon. ^^;
:)
Spencer

Postby c-girl » Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:32 pm

[quote="Spencer"]lol, I could see Jack Black being Talon. ^^]

Me too. >^.^< lol.
I live to love and love to live! >^.^<
ImageImage
I am part of The No Group.. Group.. >"<.. >0.o<
~Real guys go for real down to Mars girls ~ "Roses" by Outkast
c-girl

Location: Omg! It's a flying bird!!! *runs away while you're distracted*

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:00 pm

Huh. I didn't even bother to look at the actors list... and since when is Talon a title role?
uc pseudonym

Postby Angel37 » Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:05 pm

Yeah, it looks totally fake. But that would be SOO COOL to see!
-Angel
Angel37

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:31 pm

I had heard rumors that a production company was looking into a Zelda movie, but that poster is fake... Tom Cruise and Russel Crowe should tell you that... The fact they have actors lined up for it, that's your clue http://www.imdb.com look up the actors in question, all of the projects they're part of that are real will be listed here, and if this movie had allready been casted, it would be in production... News would be everywhere... I still think someone out there is considering it, but there isn't enough of a consistant story in Zelda to make a movie out of it, short of going the "Super Mario Brothers" route. Besides, we have Silent Hill (albeit french...), Metroid (based on Samus' pre-Motherbrain days), and a couple others, so we don't need yet another video game based movie at this time... IMNSHO, anyhow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Ashley » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:08 pm

Actually, I HAVE heard of plans for a Zelda movie, but not with those names in it.
Ashley

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:53 pm

[quote="Spencer"]lol, I could see Jack Black being Talon. ^^]
Nah! He should play Navi. ;)
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Lynx » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:13 pm

Ashley wrote:Actually, I HAVE heard of plans for a Zelda movie, but not with those names in it.

really?????? give us details, ashley!
In my heart's sequestered chambers
Lie truths stripped of poet's gloss...
Lynx

Postby Ashley » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:13 pm

Ashley

Postby Solid Ronin » Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:10 pm

There makin movies outta lotsa stuff nowadays...A zelda movie would be awesome and with Hollywood running outta ideas its possible will see live action Final Fantasy movie. The only way i could see that movies poster begin real is if it were in the 80's.
Solid Ronin

Postby Stephen » Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:32 pm

Oh boy....a Zelda movie....*thinks of Orlando Bloom doing it* wow...that would almost be as fun as sticking myself in the eye with my thumb....twice.
Stephen

Postby Lehn » Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:35 am

'Shatterheart' wrote:*thinks of Orlando Bloom doing it* wow...that would almost be as fun as sticking myself in the eye with my thumb....twice.

:forehead: Don't worry, your eyes are in no real danger, Shatterheart, Bloom is one of the cast members of LotR who's sworn of character acting, so he's hung up the ears and bow forever. Besides, I doubt he'd take it anyways.... I’d be shocked if they even asked him, LotR aside, I mean, Link is usually what? Late teens early 20’s? Bloom is almost 30.

]who[/I] should play the cast?
“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.â€
Lehn

Postby c-girl » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:04 pm

Hillary Duff as Zelda. >^.^< Lol.
I live to love and love to live! >^.^<
ImageImage
I am part of The No Group.. Group.. >"<.. >0.o<
~Real guys go for real down to Mars girls ~ "Roses" by Outkast
c-girl

Location: Omg! It's a flying bird!!! *runs away while you're distracted*

Postby elmode1337 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:27 pm

hahaha that was the funniest picture ive seen i mean look at that font its like... not fitting and if they were seriosu about it they would make a more FANTASTY looking font. I would enjoy an animeted movie of Zelda alot more though
elmode1337

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:32 pm

Alternately, a Zelda film with CGI work would be very interesting. It would feel a great deal like the games, except that you're not playing.

Someone pointed out that Orlando Bloom is a good deal older than a theoretical Link should be. True. But aren't the actors almost always older than the roles they play?

I hope the person suggesting Hillary Duff was joking in totality.
uc pseudonym

Postby Lehn » Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:31 pm

'UC' wrote:Someone pointed out that Orlando Bloom is a good deal older than a theoretical Link should be. True. But aren't the actors almost always older than the roles they play?

Yes, true. But you just don't usually cast a man almost in his 30s to play a guy just getting out of his teens. Take a look at Bloom. Maybe I'm just better at guessing ages by photos, but I can tell that he's older, and doesn’t exactly have an appearance that screams 'wheeeeeeee! lookie! I just grew me some peach fuzz!'
He looks, moves and speaks like a mid-to-late 20s to me, and I’m sure that I’m not the only person who can see it.
Lehn

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:51 pm

Hillary Duff as Zelda. Oh yeah, I see it. She could be talking about the triforce and then randomly break into enthusiastic pop-style song. It'd get killer ratings I'm sure. ;)

Yeah, I do hope the Hillary suggest was in complete jest. Seriously though, who would play a good Zelda.? Once the chick who played Wendy in Peter Pan great up a little, she wouldn't be half bad at playing a young Zelda, IMHO.

Mangafanatic

Postby Lynx » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:26 pm

Lehn wrote:Yes, true. But you just don't usually cast a man almost in his 30s to play a guy just getting out of his teens. Take a look at Bloom. Maybe I'm just better at guessing ages by photos, but I can tell that he's older, and doesn’t exactly have an appearance that screams 'wheeeeeeee! lookie! I just grew me some peach fuzz!'
He looks, moves and speaks like a mid-to-late 20s to me, and I’m sure that I’m not the only person who can see it.

orlando bloom is 27

btw, i like the new avatar lehn:)
In my heart's sequestered chambers
Lie truths stripped of poet's gloss...
Lynx

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:01 am

Lehn wrote:Yes, true. But you just don't usually cast a man almost in his 30s to play a guy just getting out of his teens. Take a look at Bloom. Maybe I'm just better at guessing ages by photos, but I can tell that he's older, and doesn’t exactly have an appearance that screams 'wheeeeeeee! lookie! I just grew me some peach fuzz!'

Oh, I won't argue with you. You are right. But my point still stands that most Hollywood characters that are not adults act older than the should. How many times is a teenager actually played by a teenager of the same age? Hollywood has age issues, just like a great many manga-ka... guessing at character's ages is completely futile.
uc pseudonym

Postby Lunis » Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:57 pm

Orlando Bloom as Link? Nooooooo! I think this quote from Shatterheart fits my thoughts well enough.

Shatterheart wrote:Oh boy....a Zelda movie....*thinks of Orlando Bloom doing it* wow...that would almost be as fun as sticking myself in the eye with my thumb....twice.

He just wouldn't fit. And actually, the only role I really liked him in was LotR. I didn't really care for him in Troy. I hated him in PotC! Partly because my friend and I always argue about who is better: Jack or Will. Also because he was mean to Jack! Besides...Orlando just wouldn't fit as Link. He doesn't have the right attitude for him.

Oh my gosh! Hillary Duff as Zelda?! Not ANOTHER movie built around her!
It is the infirmity of little minds to be dazzled with everything that sparkles.
Lunis

Postby Solid Ronin » Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:51 pm

christiangirl wrote:Hillary Duff as Zelda. >^.^< Lol.

You must truly hate Zelda even if you were joking...Everybody knows Lindey Lohaln (however you spell her name) would be the better actress.
Solid Ronin

Postby Lunis » Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:27 am

:wow!: Even worse!!!...!!!!...!!!!
It is the infirmity of little minds to be dazzled with everything that sparkles.
Lunis

Postby Ashley » Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:57 am

Psh, everyone knows Drew Barrymore would make the best Zelda. :lol: And how about Burt Reynolds for Ganondorf?
Ashley

Next

Return to General Entertainment