its not anime but its TMNT

Talk about anything in here.

its not anime but its TMNT

Postby Solid Ronin » Fri Aug 15, 2003 6:14 pm

Its not anime but come on its TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles). well when I think about it it does have a anime likeness to it. Well I just wanted to get people thought I mean its based more on the orgin. comics by Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird which were NOT kid friendly (o yeah).In fact I have many of the old series even if you dont like western art you just got to look at Eastman and Lairds drawing there art was some much alike that they could pencil a comic together and youd think its the same guy doing the art for the whole book. Leonardo #1 ,which is a one issue mini series,has the best art ive ever seen in a book.(then again TMNT has a special place in my heart).Crap I kept talking about the comic , which is better, than the toon o well I want the peoples thoughts on my beloved charater.

P.S. I will respond to any messages this message gets (dont worry im not going bite).........ive been takin my pills...lol
Solid Ronin

Postby Saint » Fri Aug 15, 2003 6:17 pm

Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles?
Never seen the comics, but i would like to.
We are saved by grace thru faith, not of works... "keep on fighting for grace"
Saint

Postby Solid Ronin » Fri Aug 15, 2003 6:19 pm

Saint wrote:Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles?
Never seen the comics, but i would like to.

HERO TURTLES you must be in europe well youd have to come to America to get the comics which are so remarkably drawn
Solid Ronin

Postby Saint » Fri Aug 15, 2003 6:23 pm

No, i am in the U.S. i was just using the japanese game title. :) still, i don't know where to get them.
We are saved by grace thru faith, not of works... "keep on fighting for grace"
Saint

Postby Solid Ronin » Fri Aug 15, 2003 6:35 pm

Saint wrote:No, i am in the U.S. i was just using the japanese game title. :) still, i don't know where to get them.

oh THEY CHANGED IT BACK TO HERO DAGGUMIIT well you can get the orign. comics at a comic store dont mix them up with TMNT vol.2 cause vol.2 hasnt drawn mr laird here you can get a index of the comics Eastam and Laird did at http://www.ninjaturtles.com. anyway when you get there go to comics then go to vol.1 you cant see all issues there and who they were done by. my AIM is Duo ac 195 if you need help IM me or email at the same name @aol.com
Solid Ronin

Postby Gypsy » Sat Aug 16, 2003 8:25 pm

Moved to General.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Aug 17, 2003 12:27 pm

I'm no fanatic, but that isn't to say I haven't ever watched the series. Haven't seen any of the comics, however. I didn't like the original (mainly because I'm not a fan of camp humor), but I kindof like the original.

Of course, you might be a die-hard original only fan, in which case you're going to attack me...
uc pseudonym

Postby Solid Ronin » Sun Aug 17, 2003 2:02 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:I'm no fanatic, but that isn't to say I haven't ever watched the series. Haven't seen any of the comics, however. I didn't like the original (mainly because I'm not a fan of camp humor), but I kindof like the original.

Of course, you might be a die-hard original only fan, in which case you're going to attack me...

IM a die-hard fan of the first series to ( I grew up with it).But I really love the new series cause its based more on the orgininal comics even episode based on a original comic.
Solid Ronin

Postby Solid Ronin » Sun Aug 17, 2003 2:04 pm

Gypsy wrote:Moved to General.

oh im sorry Gypsy I forgot about this section well sorry for posting it in anime and thanks for takin the time to put it here.and thank for the avatar help again.
Solid Ronin

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Aug 17, 2003 2:23 pm

It is cool they're having evil ninjas in black, instead of an 80s style purple, etc. More realistic, and so much cooler looking. Mind you, I haven't seen all that much. Plus, we have mysterious people in long coats standing on rooftops. Possibilities...
uc pseudonym

Postby MasterDias » Sun Aug 17, 2003 8:37 pm

I've liked the episodes I've seen so far of the new series. I never really saw much of the old series so unfortunetly I can't compare the two.

Each of the turtles different personalities complements each other.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby naf26 » Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:37 pm

Dude! You rock man! Turtles all the way! (Yeah, check out my sig, heh heh)
I like the oldskool cuz it seems more fun-loving. Michaelangelo's old comments are soooo cool. They make me want to be a surfer. Nowadays so many cartoons are way too serious, and I like the lightheartedness. Like, Shredder was evil but he was funny evil, like all the names he called Bebop and Rocksteady (I can imagine the script dudes making up all that). So thus, I am now renting the oldskool stuff at the local video rental place, and I'm happy. hehe
Hey, y'know, I was thinking how all of the Ninja Turtles have Renaissance artist names, so I made a yellow mask for myself and called myself Pablo (Picasso), the fifth TMNT! Cowabunga, dudes and dudettes!
naf26

Postby 2dead2cry » Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:42 pm

yo e rok its me josh i love tmnt that is the stuff turtles that beat stuff up you cant go wrong its like going to the aqurium and a boxing match
City of blue tile
Figure in Ceramics
Where we reach out
Grab for Porcelain
But its too fragile to hold
And it shatters in our hands
In time the seasons will seal these shards
Into the slits that denote your wrists
Death is the answer
To calculations composed of motions that are the same
And secret and different A missing alphabet with a message for us
When people die
They take a piece of us with them
And holes in clouds are minutes passing
Rescind this line and several ties
2dead2cry

Postby naf26 » Mon Aug 25, 2003 7:14 pm

The analogy humors me.
Hey, y'know, I was thinking how all of the Ninja Turtles have Renaissance artist names, so I made a yellow mask for myself and called myself Pablo (Picasso), the fifth TMNT! Cowabunga, dudes and dudettes!
naf26

Postby Solid Ronin » Tue Oct 28, 2003 3:44 pm

Fry-cook-boy wrote:The couple of episodes I've seen were pretty awesome. More anime-like and less silly than the original (don't kill me for saying that, I grew up with and loved the original.) I really love Turtles!!!!

I love the original to I strated to become a fan of it at 2 years old (id point to the t.v. and say "turs...turs.." I love the new series cause like I said its more based on the original comics
Solid Ronin

Postby Solid Ronin » Tue Oct 28, 2003 3:52 pm

naf26 wrote:Dude! You rock man! Turtles all the way! (Yeah, check out my sig, heh heh)
I like the oldskool cuz it seems more fun-loving. Michaelangelo's old comments are soooo cool. They make me want to be a surfer. Nowadays so many cartoons are way too serious, and I like the lightheartedness. Like, Shredder was evil but he was funny evil, like all the names he called Bebop and Rocksteady (I can imagine the script dudes making up all that). So thus, I am now renting the oldskool stuff at the local video rental place, and I'm happy. hehe

Shredder was wicked funny but when you get in the original comic and how they started you really want them to be presented right....the new series is funny the last episode was the funniest yet Im still laughing though the day just thinking about it "I dont know which bothers me more that this actully works or that Don carries aroung a pigeon puppet " - Michealangelo

No I dont rock we are just two fish swiming in the same bowl....I call the castle..lol
Solid Ronin

Return to General