What Manga are you reading?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Re: What Manga are you reading?

Postby CinniScrib » Mon May 26, 2014 8:54 pm

Magi - Labyrinth of Magic 226

Shaman King Flowers 24

Pandora Hearts 94

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Cheshire is back!! YAAAAAH!

CinniScrib

Postby CinniScrib » Wed May 28, 2014 12:05 am

Naruto 678
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Ino's dream! Omgosh can't believe she has an actual crush on Sai though then again he did call her beautiful when they first met... (Since he was trying out nicknames and did the opposite of what he thought.) But Tsunada and Gaara's dreams! D'8 GAARA YOU MAKE ME CRY. But oh no Black Zetsu! Looks like maybe big mummy will be appearing eventually!

Bleach 582

Feels like yesterday I just read the lastest chapter of these.

CinniScrib

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Wed May 28, 2014 7:48 am

Pandora Hearts 94 My reaction is the same as CinniScrib's SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Cheshire is back! On a side note, since Oz and the gang are in the past now, I wonder if they can do something to change the future and prevent Break and maybe even Oscar and Elliot from dying. Wishful thinking I know.
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby MangaRocks! » Wed May 28, 2014 12:46 pm

Gin no Saji, a.k.a. Silver Spoon, chapters 99-102: Bwahahaha, oh that teasing. :lol: Also: Komaba's little sisters, LOL. :grin: And I just *knew* that SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Okawa would mess up that moment between Hachiken and Mikage, LOL! :lol: She had to have known what he was going to say, though, so I'm sure it'll work out for them eventually. ;) And oh my gosh that pig talk. :lol: Finally: Wow, I was not expecting what Hachiken offered Okawa...

Kamisama Kiss, a.k.a. Kamisama Hajimemashita, chapter 112: This was so sweet. <3 (Also, LOL Tomoe!! :lol: )

Karneval end-of-volume extras + chapter 79: PLOT TWIST~ SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Whoa. I can safely say that I was never expecting Yotaka to show up again (if indeed that's who it is... not trusting that until some more explanation is given). :pikka: NEXT CHAPTER WHEN

Orange chapter 12: LOL, Hagita. :grin: Anyway, from the way they had been acting, I had already just kinda assumed that all of them (not just Suwa and Naho) had SPOILER: Highlight text to read: gotten letters, but it was nice to see the confirmation here. I do have to say that I'm slightly worried about Kakeru's mood, though (since he's obviously not out of the woods yet emotionally, and won't be for quite some time yet), due to Naho's inadvertent ignorance of what he was (silently) asking. I mean, it seems like just a really small thing, and of course it normally would be; but to someone as fragile as that psychologically... :pikka: This series is definitely keeping me on the edge of my seat!

Pandora Hearts chapter 94: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Uh-oh, so Echo/Zwei went, too... :pikka: Anyway, Alice (and Cheshire!) pushing everyone into late in the Tragedy of Sablier-- instead of well before it, as was Glen's plan-- was a relief, since there's not a heck of a lot Glen could change there, as far as I can tell (at least, I hope not :pikka: ). Also, Vincent forcefully recanting his death wish, thanks to both Break and Leo, was actually rather moving. (How did my originally-most-hated character become able to affect me like this... the characterization in this series, man; there's nothing like it! :jump: ) Can't wait for the next chapter!!

Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii chapter 18: Aww. :) What a nice conclusion to this arc.

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun side-story special 3: Yuuzan again~ :grin: And this was not only rather interesting in terms of his character development (plus a little of Takaya's, too, LOL!), but it was very sweet, as well. :hug:

And Vampire Knight volume 18: *Sigh*... you know, this used to be a great series. Starting around volume 13 or so, however, it has now gone from a great, interesting, and well-plotted-and-characterized story to a glacially-paced, disjointed, and highly-unsatisfying mess. :shake: (Ironically, even the mangaka-- in one of this volume's sidebar comments-- admitted that she "Couldn't guide the characters in the right direction," something that clearly even her editor's supposed 'help' couldn't set right. :eyeroll: ) It's sad to see how far this series has fallen, especially since it was actually good once; but at this point I'm just thankful there's only one more volume left after this so I can get it over with. :shady:
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed May 28, 2014 11:50 pm

A wild Hunter x Hunter appeared!

Surely there's someone else who was happy to get another chapter. This was anti-climactic after the hiatus, but I'll still take it over a lot of the alternatives.
uc pseudonym

Postby CinniScrib » Thu May 29, 2014 6:35 pm

Break Blade 71
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I'm glad Cleo and her family are going to help! But that Black Ops girl is going to be dangerous to deal with! I hope Cleo crushes her! Otherwise her old mentor is going to help her out even though he's suppose to capture Cleo...

Reimei no Arcana 53

Series end? *SOBS*

CinniScrib

Postby CinniScrib » Fri May 30, 2014 11:07 pm

Fairy Tale 386
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I forgot that Lucy had that powerful magic up her sleeve! Now I just have to remember when and how she got that magic!

Koe no Kitachi 38
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Well that went well! I never trusted that girl, she was a liar in the beginning plus she wants to impress her crush or whatever. I hate it when a girl character uses the "if I cry and act innocent I'll get out of it". Or when guys just come up with excuses. Retribution needs to happen to her, maybe the truth will come out about her. HOPE IT DOES.

CinniScrib

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat May 31, 2014 4:05 pm

Silver Spoon chapter 102 - Interesting developments.... And I really liked Mikage's story about what's on the other side of the mountain. Very inspirational ^_^

I'm now up to chapter 5 of the Ocarina of Time manga.
the_wolfs_howl

Postby GeneD » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:58 am

Ugh I've been meaning to write this post for ages now.

Finished Ouran High School Host Club a while ago. I liked the ending even though some of the story leading up to it was a bit bumpy and rushed in places. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: The way everyone in the school misunderstood completely when Haruhi tried to reveal that she is a girl, and then when they realised for real, was priceless. I'm glad we got a proper look at Haruhi and Tamaki as a couple and a bit of info on what all the club members get up to in the future. It was a nice wrap up overall and feels complete.

Marathoned Koe no Katachi aka The Shape of Voice/A Silent Voice. Anyone else also think the former English title is much better? I'm up to chapter 38 and it's really an amazing series so far.

Read a sizable chunk of Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru aka And Yet the Town Moves, but then my Crunchyroll manga pass ran out so I'll have to get back to it later. It's a fun series, feels a bit like Yotsuba&, but with less cuteness, more weirdness.

Started Immortal Rain, which I've heard good things about, but while there's nothing wrong with it, I need something a little simpler, with a little more action and a little less shoujo right now.

So I also started Sengoku Youko, which has been interesting so far, although it starts off at a breakneck pace dropping you right in the middle of the story. So much so that I checked several times to see if I had the first volume and hadn't missed some introductory chapters. But seriously you can't get much cooler than SPOILER: Highlight text to read: a castle growing an arm, sucker punching one of our overpowered protagonists and sending him flying.

Still reading:
YKK, which is SPOILER: Highlight text to read: getting sad since everyone is growing up and moving away.

Ajin SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Sheesh the black ghost SNAKE was a surprise to say the least. This "arc" feels like it's dragging a little though.

Arslan Senki, SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I hope Arslan has a better plan than, let me walk into this trap to stop the people trying to trap me.

Iris Zero ch 33.5 SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Death by cuteness and shipping.
GeneD

Postby drill » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:45 pm

The World God Only Knows Ch. 65 - While the manga has been mostly 1 to 1 with the anime so far, I think that the manga feels better paced somehow. Also, I'm really looking forward to the new content that wasn't displayed in the anime.
drill

Postby CinniScrib » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:00 pm

Nanatsu no Taizai 79

Pinocchio 69
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I wasn't expected THAT! Omogsh the missing arm! HOW HORRIFYING! And heartbreaking! They were so good together, they didn't care that they were half-brothers. THEN THE BICYCLE-CAR ACCIDENT NOOOO

CinniScrib

Postby CinniScrib » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:09 pm

Koe no Kitachi 38.5

Magi - Labyrinth of Magic 227

Magi - Sinbad no Bouken 26

CinniScrib

Postby CinniScrib » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:18 pm

Bleach 583

Naruto 679

CinniScrib

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:17 am

Recently picked up Soul Eater vol. 18 at the bookstore.
Pretty happy to re-read one of my favorite arcs in a better translation.
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby scribbledreamer » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:52 am

Dengeki Daisy volume 14

I've been waiting months for this to come out, so I bought it right away. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: First of all, the new Akira development is pretty interesting. I like how it's showed it from both sides - why Kurosaki's so desperate to help him, and Teru's own thoughts on the matter. It's a change from usual, and the dynamic made for a couple tense chapters. One of the lines that stood out to me: "We didn't argue. We just couldn't bring ourselves to ask the hard questions." I love the open, honest relationship between the two. Teru confessing her thoughts, even with the reality that Kurosaki might be disappointed - and the fact that he was determined to carry out the plan anyways. Another thing I appreciate about this manga is the fact that there aren't many drawn-out misunderstandings. It's just the opposite, in fact. There's a conversation about misunderstandings, and Teru, instead of worrying about it without taking action, immediately tries to fix everything. And she does. (And Kurosaki's reaction to the text was adorable.) Now, as for chapter 68. :) Of course they were on a Ferris wheel. That was perfect. Also, "The evening sun makes your hair look orange! It's nice." :lol: Such a great awkward reaction. (And probably what I would do in that situation....) BUT THE END. :pikka: Waiting for the next few chapters is going to be a pain.
scribbledreamer

Postby CinniScrib » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:04 pm

Koe no Kitachi 39
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: UUUGH SO BRUTAL! Ishida has so much self-loathing and he regrets what he did. But the others are so big on justice and being innocent then he sabotages himself by chasing everyone way. :/

Noragami 41
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: The parody of Mickey Mouse kills me. Capyper madness!

Fairy Tail 387
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Well the chapter title pretty much screams that Gray and Silver are father and son. Same scent, both use ice magic. THE DETAILS SHALL COME OUT.

Magi - Sinbad no Bouken 27
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: And then all the assassins were waiting! Oh boy!

CinniScrib

Postby Kilvakar » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:12 pm

Fairy Tail, Bleach, and Shinryaku Ika Musume.
Image Image
"Comrade isn't simply a word. Comrades are about heart. It's the unconditional trust in your partners. Please, fell free to lean on me...And I, too, will lean on you as well."---Mavis Vermillion, First Master of Fairy Tail

"There are people in this world who enjoy being alone, but there isn't a single person who can bear solitude."---Makarov Dreyar, Third Master of Fairy Tail
Kilvakar

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:54 am

Ocarina of time chapters 6-9

THIS STORY GOES WAY TOO FAST D: But I love the stuff they add to the story of the game! Like Link befriending Volvagia when they were kids. I mean, who would think of something like that from just playing the game?!
the_wolfs_howl

Postby CinniScrib » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:44 pm

Gakuen Babysitters 43

I forget about this series every so often. All I remember is "Babysitters"

CinniScrib

Postby CinniScrib » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:59 pm

Magi - Labyrinth of Magic 228

Nanatsu no Taizai 80

Shingeki no Kyojin 58

CinniScrib

Postby CinniScrib » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:13 pm

Naruto 680

Bleach 584
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Whyyyy Uryuu are you siding with them? Given you're a Quincy it's obvious but they BAD. 8(

CinniScrib

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:00 am

CinniScrib wrote:Bleach 584
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Whyyyy Uryuu are you siding with them? Given you're a Quincy it's obvious but they BAD. 8(

We've gotten very little in the way of emotion from him this entire arc (he's barely even said anything). I assume he'll fight Ichigo at least briefly, but I'm expecting he'll turn back one way or another.
uc pseudonym

Postby CinniScrib » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:51 pm

Koe no Kitachi 40

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: *holds all the feels* So bad those two never have any happiness but I hope they can with themselves. Both of them are dumb and Ishida needs to not be so hard on himself.

Fairy Tail 388
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Wendy cut her hair!!! A big change but I think it'll suit her. Gotta love how in manga/anime cutting of long hair symbolizes starting over/leaving the past behind. Or it's just cutting hair, haha. Meanwhile... It's nice to see the force behind Minerva, why she acts that way. I mean yeah she was a big jerk and sadistic but her dad wasn't exactly model material. Now the Twin Dragons are here! WHOO!

CinniScrib

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:02 pm

Finished Ocarina of Time. I liked the things they added, but didn't appreciate the breakneck speed at which the story progressed - the Water Temple was practically an afterthought, and the Shadow Temple never even entered into the story! He didn't even have to go under the well or go back in time at all! :stressed:
the_wolfs_howl

Postby CinniScrib » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:55 pm

Witch Craft Works 35 and Witch Craft Works 35.5

CinniScrib

Postby CinniScrib » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:44 am

Kyoukai no Rinne 188
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: OMGSH for the example of wearing a collar I can't believe they used "Potato Jesus"!! (That incident 2 years ago where a poor old lady decided to take it upon herself to restore her church's painting of Jesus but it came out looking like a kid's portrait)
http://z.mhcdn.net/store/manga/5793/14-188.0/compressed/p006.jpg?v=11402792622

Nanatsu no Taizai 81

CinniScrib

Postby CinniScrib » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:39 pm

Pinocchio 70

Letter Bee 67.5

Magi - Sinbad no Bouken 27.5

Magi 229
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Maaaaaan. INTENSE! SO SAD! D8 Poor Tess! His poor parents!

Koe no Kitachi 41
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Sahara asks a good question though Ishida is trying to do just that! How can he prove it? He's trying to not be the same person and make up for his past deeds.

Naruto 681

Bleach 585

CinniScrib

Postby GeneD » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:26 am

Koe no Katachi ch 40-41: Chapter 40 seemed rather random to me, but this whole "arc" is really sad. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I don't know how and this manga hasn't necessarily promised that it would happen, but I really hope Ishida can reconcile with everyone eventually.

Attack on Titan ch 58: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Noooo Jean! He better not be dead.
GeneD

Postby gn6me » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:33 am

Koe no Katachi seems like a manga that I'll have to pick up. Currently I just started reading Doubt. I have high hopes for this series.
gn6me

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:36 pm

Thought I'd check out the Wolf's Rain manga, to see if it differs at all from the anime. I was surprised to see that the manga was apparently made after the anime. That's not something you see too often.
the_wolfs_howl

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews