What Manga are you reading?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Re: What Manga are you reading?

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:49 pm

Pandora Hearts Chapter 92 -
I will cry with you, MangaRocks. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Like you said, Break's death was totally inevitable, but I think the thing that made it hit so hard was him suddenly saying he didn't want to die. I mean, before that it was always this casual, nonchalant "Oh, I'm going to die sooner or later", or trying to be cool or whatever. But he totally broke down and changed his tune entirely (surprising himself even; that's a new one), and it just melted me. I wasn't quite crying, but aaaagggghhh. I'm trying to hope beyond all hope that there's a loophole, but that chapter ending comment sounded pretty final. So...*sniff sniff* Trying to figure out why I'm still reading this now. I didn't realize what a big part of the series Break had become for me.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:12 pm

Silver Spoon chapter 97 - Oooooh, introduction of new character! This should be good :cool:
the_wolfs_howl

Postby CinniScrib » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:17 pm

Currently reading Noragami 35

Then onwards to Kamisama Hajimemashita 110 and Kuroshitsuji 92

CinniScrib

Postby GeneD » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:10 am

More than half-way through Ouran, finally hit the relationship drama stuff and while that's fine, it does make it a bit less relaxing to read. Hence why I started reading YKK or Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou. I powered through Yotsuba& and am now *unfortunately* up to date and I remembered YKK from the old manga of the month thread so decided to give it a shot, since I definitely need something mellow to read right now.

This week I found out The World God Only Knows is ending and then subsequently a day later read the last chapter, which was a bit of a shock to my system. I don't know of many other members reading it, but I found the series to be a surprisingly fun one, even if it's a harem, which is not generally my genre at all. It helps that it avoids a standard harem set-up for about half of the way through. The last two arcs were not really my favourite and the ending was a bit rushed, but overall I liked the series a lot and am glad SPOILER: Highlight text to read: that we got a conclusive, yet somewhat still open ending/resolution to the harem.
GeneD

Postby faithb4sight » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:54 pm

@GeneD
I know what you mean about the relationship drama in Ouran. I feel my pulse rate quicken when things start to turn emotional. But that's good - to me it marks the series as a good one. I like the series enough to seriously care about what is happening.

I'm *slowly* reading through Ouran. I'm quite fond of the characters and am delaying the inevitable end. I own them all but have only read through 13.
Image On the summit - even in the valley... God is good. I praise Him for all of everything.
"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." Rom. 15:13
faithb4sight

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:01 pm

Well, since my last post I've read...

Beast Master-

This was so cute! I'm rather impressed at how fluffy and adorable the art can be to dark and totally terrifying. Leo is adorable and I felt so sorry for him. Also, with me being a big animal lover myself, this series was perfect for me. I'm definitely interested in reading Dengeki Daisy at some point too. On a side note, the way this mangaka draws eyes is gorgeous!

Fushigi Yuugi (The Mysterious Play)-

Very good fantasy romance story. Defenitely not for everyone though. I loved it though I wish it had ended at vol 13. Part 2 (vols 14-18) were good but not nearly as good as part 1. Also, I thought the way part 1 ended was so complete that there was no reason to continue, but...Also SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Nuriko! Hatohori! Why is it that nowadays my favorite anime/manga characters always die?! Nuriko's death left me particularly heartbroken. Wah! On another note, I actually like the way they handled SPOILER: Highlight text to read: sex. Normally I don't like sex in stories because it always feels insincere or too lusty but in here it was emphasized as an expression of deep love and was actually romantic. They also emphasized devoting oneself to only one person which made it all the more romantic. ^_^ Anyway, I plan on watching the anime soon.

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle-

Wow. This was beautiful and so intricate. I was thoroughly confused throughout most of the second half but I think I figured it out in the last volume. Most of it, anyway. The ending was definitely bittersweet and I found myself tearing up a few times during the last volume. And Fai. Fai! SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Why u go thru so much?! Ah! I'm definitely interested in xxxHolic now. Watanuki's past and Yuko's involvement in Tsubasa have got me curious and I'm already liking those two. I'm determined to go through all of Clamp's mangas/animes now! Such a challenge...

And last but not least, the manga that broke my heart...

Pandora Hearts-

It sure took me long enough to get caught up with this! There are so many things I love about it...the characters, the setting, the clothes, the relationships, the character development, the dark, gothic tone, Alice in Wonderland, the mysterious plot, the art, the twists and surprises...gosh! And...chapter...9...2... SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Break...broke me. I teared up at Elliot's death...at Oscar's death...but with Break...I cried my eyes out. Granted, it was kind of obvious but, I was hoping there may be some sort of plot twist where he'd get to live at the end! *sniff* I'm just hoping the other characters live. I'm kind of worried about Oz, Leo, and Echo now. Break was such a fan favorite...I'm sure the whole PH fandom is mourning right now. Rest in Peace Break. :angel: Such a great manga! By the way, does anyone know when the next chapter comes out?
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby CinniScrib » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:37 pm

Reimei no Arcana 52

Been waiting on this update for a while. Though I was not expecting that!! SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I mean there were hints and I was wondering but I didn't expect that to be her dad and that relationship. If anything I thought half-siblings but WOW. This is even more complicated and makes me even madder about their whole relationship ;~;

CinniScrib

Postby MangaRocks! » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:54 pm

@PLCDreamcatcher14: Indeed-- I don't think there was a single reader left unbroken by that chapter (including myself). SPOILER: Highlight text to read: And oh man, did I cry... :sniffle: :sniffle: As for when the next one will be available, well, the raws are already out, so it just needs to be translated/etc., which will likely happen within the next week/week-and-a-half or so, if the group's previous releases of the series are any indication. :)

Anyway, yikes-- I haven't posted about the stuff I've been reading in too long, LOL :sweat: ... so semi-massive post incoming! :)

Akagami no Shirayukihime chapter 43: I've been waiting for more chapters of this series for quite a while, and this was certainly worth it! I loved finally getting to see a bit of Kiki's backstory, SPOILER: Highlight text to read: and was also a little surprised that Zen seemed to be kinda interested in her back then, at least at first. Also: Oh, Mitsuhide. :forehead: :grin: <3

The Heroic Legend Of Arslan chapter 8: ...Man, this series is rather brutal, isn't it? :sweat: There's something about it that's pretty interesting, though...

Gin no Saji, a.k.a. Silver Spoon, chapters 97-98: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Bwahaha at the guys good-naturedly ribbing Hachiken a bit. :grin: And LOL, the rejection at the end of 97-- it's obvious that it's going to take a while to work up a real, solid plan good enough to get his father on board, but in the end that'll be a good thing, since the stronger his foundation for it is, the better it'll work out, after all. Also: The new student ( + ensuing reactions from said student) was so cute, haha. :grin: And finally, ROTFL at poor Yoshino... :lol:

Hibi Chouchou chapter 38: And this series' adorableness continues. :hug:

Kamisama Hajimemashita, a.k.a. Kamisama Kiss, chapters 108-111: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: ...Oh, okay, so it *was* just... weird. :sweat: Anyway, LOL at Mizuki and Kei forcing Kurama to go along on the rescue :lol: , and then him being terrified of the underwater cave (as you'd imagine, of course, him being a tengu... but it was still really amusing). I'm also loving the fact that Kurama and Ami are (apparently) finally heading towards being a couple :hug: , as well as quite surprised (though rather pleasantly so) at Mizuki's sweet offer to the poor mermaid (...also, oh man, that look on Tomoe's face when he heard about it, bwahaha!! :lol: ).

Karneval chapter 78: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Oops, busted (LOL :grin: ). Also LOL at Gareki putting the books away as asked, but in a totally random order on purpose (that is precisely what I would expect from him). :grin: And oh my gosh, Jiki... :grin: NIce one. :thumb:

Kimi to Boku. chapter 30: Hahaha, oh man, this was so amusing. :grin: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: First with Yuuki not wanting to get a job, and then once he did, unwittingly being so cute that he was actually making more work for himself (because the girls were forgetting their orders/everyone wanted him to be their waiter/etc., LOL). Also, that manager... :lol: And then them totally messing everything up, of course, as usual... :forehead: :lol: Oh, and the ending (and everyone's reactions to it) was the best. :lol: :lol:

Taiyou no Ie chapters 41-42: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Heh, Hiro and Mao's reactions at first were pretty amusing. :grin: Anyway, it was interesting to finally get an answer as to what was up with Hina, and that she and Mao's father were the ones who were able to connect and help each other. Also: The father-daughter bonding at the festival (with each teaching the other/having fun with the games, LOL, and even the argument afterwards) was so sweet! And everyone's finally going home... <3

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun side-story chapters 1-2: I'm quite enjoying these extra stories so far. :jump: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Loved that there was more Sasayan x Natsume development, even if not *completely* conclusive. And then the next chapter was mostly just downright hilarious. :lol: I had always kinda wanted Iyo and Yuuzan to be a couple, so that chapter was a slightly wicked little tease (since while the two of them do have a very sweet date, nothing really comes of it :eyeroll: :grin: ), but the end of it was kinda nice regardless. Looking forward to the last few specials, too! :)

And Dawn Of The Arcana volume 12: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Well, that was pretty much exactly what needed to happen there, only with a rather surprising backstory for the king. Also, nice cliffhanger with Loki's strange request...
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby CinniScrib » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:34 pm

Shana oh Yoshitsune 20 and 21

I was reading another manga I just found earlier but I can't remember the name (It's the one where the guy and girl have totally different lives outside of school, she's like a stay-at-home mom and he has the appearance of a rebel in contrast to his "otaku" school persona)

CinniScrib

Postby GeneD » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:53 pm

faithb4sight wrote:@GeneD
I know what you mean about the relationship drama in Ouran. I feel my pulse rate quicken when things start to turn emotional. But that's good - to me it marks the series as a good one. I like the series enough to seriously care about what is happening.

I'm *slowly* reading through Ouran. I'm quite fond of the characters and am delaying the inevitable end. I own them all but have only read through 13.

Oh yeah I still love it to bits and agree it's very good. Even through the light-hearted/gag stuff it's so easy to care a lot about the characters and the "shift" to drama stuff isn't really jarring at all.

I forgot to mention in my last post that I started reading Ajin on Crunchyroll which is rather intriguing. It's also rather violent, just putting the warning out there. For anyone who wants to know, it's about a boy who discovers that he is an Ajin, who are immortal humans who are almost universally shunned by others. As a Ajin he is considered less than human, has no rights and immediately has to go on the run to escape a government who would subject him to endless cruel experiments. So far I quite like the protagonist, he is adapting reasonably well to his new circumstances and tries to think things through logically. The suspense and creepy elements are also handled well and I'm really interested to see where it all goes.
GeneD

Postby Vii » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:56 pm

I recently read Emma which was a lovely manga set in the Victorian era (I think) and has nothing to do with the Jane Austen book. It's a simple and cute romance story and I quite enjoyed it.
Also it is the first time I have ever seen the name Vivian used in a manga, which is neat because I'm a Vivian and I rarely see characters named as such.

Also I started Koe no Katachi which is quite good as well.
Vii

Postby black & white angel » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:56 pm

just finished Black cat vol.1 Train is so awesome ^-^
I make it a policy not to second-guess my instincts. Life's more fun that way. ~Train Heartnet
black & white angel

Postby GeneD » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:08 am

Ouran High School Host Club ch. 53: Hikaru SPOILER: Highlight text to read: dyed his hair. I don't like it.
GeneD

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:10 am

MangaRocks! wrote:@PLCDreamcatcher14: Indeed-- I don't think there was a single reader left unbroken by that chapter (including myself). SPOILER: Highlight text to read: And oh man, did I cry... :sniffle: :sniffle: As for when the next one will be available, well, the raws are already out, so it just needs to be translated/etc., which will likely happen within the next week/week-and-a-half or so, if the group's previous releases of the series are any indication. :)

Ah, thanks MangaRocks! I can't wait! Sorry for the late reply though. :)
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby CinniScrib » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:34 pm

Shana oh Yoshitsune 22 and 23

Pandora Hearts 93
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Still can't believe that Break died. It SUCKS SO MUCH. Maaaaan

Noragami 36

CinniScrib

Postby staledogg » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:09 pm

I'm working on a manga recap podcast so I actually have been going through my shelves and reading single chapters of School Rumble, Dragonball, Phoenix Wright, Buso Renkin, Hellsing, Bleach, Yu-Gi-Oh and Aoi House. Nice mix of styles.
I want to know if I can live with what I know...and only that.
staledogg

Postby radical edward » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:37 am

Starting Sailor Moon. Since the anime is so hard to come by, I might as well do the manga instead.
FKA rocklobster
radical edward

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:47 pm

Pandora Heart 93 SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Aw, dang it! I almost started crying over Break again! :'( This chapter was frustratingly short but still good and this most likely means that next month's (or the month after's) chap will be a long one! :D I still don't like Lily all that much but Lottie is definitely gaining likability points. And Reim was awesome once again! I love how much he is able to contribute to the story and that scene with him agreeing to become Lily's friend and thinking about Break...<3

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby CinniScrib » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:10 pm

Magi - Sinbad no Bouken 24.5

CinniScrib

Postby black & white angel » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:08 pm

D.N.Angel, Vol. 1
I make it a policy not to second-guess my instincts. Life's more fun that way. ~Train Heartnet
black & white angel

Postby CinniScrib » Thu May 01, 2014 3:53 pm

Noragami 37

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I want to punch Yato's "father" so much. Leave the guy alone! Though Bishamon is awesome I love that she and Yato are on good terms now. She's an awesome ally!

CinniScrib

Postby CinniScrib » Sat May 03, 2014 8:01 pm

Shaman King Flowers 23

Break Blade 70

CinniScrib

Postby MangaRocks! » Sun May 04, 2014 4:25 pm

Hibi Chouchou chapter 39: New Year's~ <3

Orange chapter 11: Oh, wow... That turn of events at the end was not only heartwarming but also really interesting, because SPOILER: Highlight text to read: they've now decided to go well off-script, as it were. :pikka: I'm both nervous and excited to see what this means for Kakeru's future...

Pandora Hearts chapter 93: Oh... man. I didn't think it was possible for me to love Reim any more than I already did (he was already tied with Break for my second-favorite character of the series-- Elliot and Leo tying for first :thumb: ), but wow, did this chapter prove me wrong (and just got him moved up a spot to tie with those top two!). Reim's awesomeness just filled this chapter, SPOILER: Highlight text to read: from the fantastic discussion he had with the Baskervilles which convinced them to not fight right then, to calmly, willingly, and without hesitation offering his own life (...twice!) in return for the protection of Break's body (gah... my heart... <3 ), to his true reconciliation with Lily, etc. (Cue me tearing up again after all of that... :sniffle: <3 ) Also: I was kinda surprised at Lottie's decision at first, but in hindsight I suppose it does make sense. Oh, and on another note, with the announcement that there's only going to be one more volume... I seriously don't know how I'm going to handle the last few chapters, LOL. :sweat: TOO MANY FEELS. :?: (Seriously, though, I do want this to have a good and proper ending; I'm just sad that it's going to be over, you know? And so soon, too. But hey, there'll always be re-reads! :thumb: ) ...Oh, and BTW, did I mention Reim? ;)

Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii chapters 16-17: Livi is so romantic~ :grin: <3 :hug: Also, Nike's mom was pretty awesome, LOL, and that wedding feast... :grin: (Also: ROTFL at the beginning and end of Livi's conversation with Kitra. :lol: )

Spirit Circle chapter 23: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Interesting-- so now we've got a kind-of Inception thing going on here, with present-day Fuuta observing/reliving one of his past lives, while *that* past life is having dreams of another! :) And it was also interesting (though sad) to see what happened to his family in that life. Plus: Nice cliffhanger! :)

Taiyou no Ie end-of-volume extras from a couple of volumes ago + chapter 43: I thought that little reveal in the extras that the mangaka's parents had the same age difference, and that's what inspired the idea for this manga, was pretty cute. :) And as for the main chapter, it was so heartwarming <3 -- even if it was a little 'end-of-an-era'-ish. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Also: "We're just getting started..." <3 :hug:

And Zetsuen no Tempest chapter 29: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Loving the princess' thought processes right now. :thumb: And the tree(s?) actually being an invader: Ahhh, now that makes more sense.
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby CinniScrib » Sun May 04, 2014 9:33 pm

Noragami 38

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: OH SNAP SNAP! Too bad Ebisu died but his reincarnation is so cute! But oooo Hiiro. That girl is devoted to Yato but she's more inclined to helping "father". So much history it's sad, but oh man burning bridges Yato, I think she'll get you. And GUESS WHO WITNESSED IT! SNAAAP!

CinniScrib

Postby black & white angel » Mon May 05, 2014 8:02 pm

Pita-Ten vol.1
black & white angel

Postby CinniScrib » Mon May 05, 2014 11:31 pm

Silver Spoon 99

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: HAHAAH poor Hachiken! The taboo dating question!

(Ah Pita-ten! I had forgotten about that series!)

CinniScrib

Postby black & white angel » Tue May 06, 2014 3:54 pm

.hack// Legend of the Twilight, Vol.1 (so much fanservice :shake: )
black & white angel

Postby faithb4sight » Tue May 06, 2014 6:13 pm

black & white angel wrote:.hack// Legend of the Twilight, Vol.1 (so much fanservice )

Whaaa? I think I watched this anime years and years back but I don't remember anything like that, so it surprises me that the manga has it.
Image On the summit - even in the valley... God is good. I praise Him for all of everything.
"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." Rom. 15:13
faithb4sight

Postby CinniScrib » Tue May 06, 2014 7:02 pm

Silver Spoon 100

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Noooo Lara Croft-sensei is going to be leaving!?

Koe no Kitachi/Koe no Katachi 35

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Ooooo man, what a teacher! I'm surprised at Mashiba though! GO MAN!!

CinniScrib

Postby black & white angel » Tue May 06, 2014 7:31 pm

faithb4sight wrote:
black & white angel wrote:.hack// Legend of the Twilight, Vol.1 (so much fanservice )

Whaaa? I think I watched this anime years and years back but I don't remember anything like that, so it surprises me that the manga has it.

I haven't seen the anime, but in the manga Shugo is kind of a pervert,there's a few pantie shots and one girl walks around naked....so yeah
black & white angel

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews