What Manga are you reading?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby Smileloviene » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:38 pm

Pandora Hearts CHAPTER 64!!!! I finally found it!!! :jump:
[font="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="4"][color="DarkOrchid"]The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. ~ Habakkuk 3:19[/color][/SIZE][/font][PHP][/PHP]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[color="Yellow"]@)[/color][color="Lime"]}~`,~[/color][color="Cyan"][font="Comic Sans MS"]Carry This Rose In Your Signature, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/font][/color]
Smileloviene

Postby Lilac#18 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:57 pm

[color="Plum"]Currently reading Codename: Sailor V Vol. 1.[/color]
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby AnimeGirl » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:50 am

Finished volume 2 of Natsume's Book of Friends. Interesting. The last volume was filled with more emotional stories while this one had more intense ones.
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby Atria35 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:55 am

Jisatsu Circle- Same mangaka as Music of Marie, this is just as psychological, but creepier. Could the cycle of suicide be stopped? I don't know. This really left me wondering about how things would work out in it. But this definitely draws you in the same way Music of Marie does.

Karakuri Odette v 1-6- I have to own this. Wow. I'm just... This is a sweet, lovely manga about an android who sees teens in the world around her, and tries to be more like them in every way, trying to make them happy and understand them. Definitely a good series.
Atria35

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:02 pm

Tsubasa Chronicle chapters 69-78
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby AngelicTotoro » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:58 pm

I've started reading Ookami-heika no Hanayome (The Wolf King's Bride)
I like it quite a bit, the king's wolf side is my favorite. ;D However I only found the first volume online to read...
Does anyone know where I could find the rest?
(I know that it's on-going, I mean what's been released so far.)
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in paths of righteousness For His name's sake. Even though I walk though the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me. Thou dost prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; Thou hast anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Psalm 23
AngelicTotoro

Postby Atria35 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:12 pm

[quote="AngelicTotoro (post: 1505435)"]I've started reading Ookami-heika no Hanayome (The Wolf King's Bride)
I like it quite a bit, the king's wolf side is my favorite. ]
You can't yet. That's all that's been scanlated.
Atria35

Postby Maokun » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:35 am

After a long pause (my public library had lost the second omnibus volume,) I finished Chobits. I kept hearing it was way better than the anime, but I have to disagree. Sure, they explain a teeny little bit more about the mechanics of the story and the overall message at the end of the series is different (I wouldn't say better or worse.) Other than that, I have to say that the anime is pretty faithful to the manga and that the episodic nature of the anime actually worked for the best, as it allowed for better character development of the secondary characters in the episodes dedicated to them.

In short: If you liked the anime, you don't really need to read the manga.

[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][color="YellowGreen"]There is no point to lessons that don't bring with them pain. People cannot gain anything without sacrificing something, after all.
But once you have successfully endured that pain you will gain a heart that's stout enough not be overcome by anything. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal. [/color]
-Edward Elric[/SIZE][/font]
Maokun

Postby Lilac#18 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:55 pm

[color="Plum"]Finished Codename: Sailor V, vol. 1 and now on Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon vol. 1 Act 2.[/color]
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

Lilac#18

Postby Popyman » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:28 pm

Sgt. Frog! :D
Popyman

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:08 pm

Finished up a re-read of .hack//Legend of the Twilight yesterday.
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby AnimeGirl » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:40 pm

Volume 3 of Nabari no Ou sure was an exciting read!
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

AnimeGirl

Postby MangaRocks! » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:55 pm

(And yes, I know I've been saying this a lot lately... :P) Catching up on posting my progress in this thread:

La Corda d'Oro, vol. 14: Hmm... this particular volume had an unexpectedly high percentage of fluff and filler. :sweat: There were still some good moments, however; and, thankfully, it appears as though it's going to get back to business in the next volume. :)

Fullmetal Alchemist, vol. 26: As always, this was very good-- this volume wrapping up several more points and leading into the story's imminent end. (Can't wait for the finale!!)

Natsume's Book Of Friends, a.k.a. Natsume Yuujinchou (vol.'s 1-8 so far): Not much for me to say about this series that others haven't already said :), but I *will* say that I quite like the overall feel of the series, as well as Natsume's innate kindness and his realistically-gradual connections with other people. Definitely one that I'm going to continue following.

Finally, The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya novel: As I had mentioned a while back in the Light Novels thread, I had originally intended to wait for more of this series to be published in English before I started it; but our local library just got the first novel, so since I had nothing else to read at the moment, I went ahead with it anyway. :) And, I have to say-- minus the outfit/etc. stuff with poor Mikuru (which was precisely as tasteless as I'd heard it was :eyeroll:), and of course the inherently wacky theology :P-- I actually quite enjoyed it. I'm always open to sci-fi (and time-travel! :thumb:), and that, combined with Kyon's brilliant, sardonic commentary (which, to me at least, was really amusing :grin:), sold me on the series despite its few flaws. So, I'll definitely be sticking with this one as well. :)
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby wildpurplechild » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:21 pm

AnimeGirl (post: 1504416) wrote:Read volume 2 of Nabari no Ou. Just started on volume 3 today. It's getting interesting. I wonder what's going to happen!

I really liked this series (I watched the anime)! It was really interseting, however [SPOILER] I was almost worried that Yoite and Miharu's friendship could turn innapropriate, but nothing happens, and I feel it's more of brotherly friendship.[/SPOILER]

Read Children of the Sea. The art was beautiful, but the story line was a little odd for me.
Heads up, I don't go on this site much these days...
The King is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. Psalm 45:11
wildpurplechild

Postby Atria35 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:49 pm

Nephilim John 3-8 (Complete)- I really have to get my hands on a good version of the Book of Enoch and Jubilees to compare and contrast what's happening in the story with what those books say. Good story, has the same tone to it that TTGL has except without the over-the-top extravagent powerups and fights. Epic ones, yes, but perhaps not that out of line with shounen if you crossed it with LoTR.

What I really disliked? The character designs/armor designs. It was *really* hard to tell the good guys from the bad most of the time. The art, though was really nice.
Atria35

Postby Blacklight » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:40 pm

Since I got back to it, I am yet to read Soul Eater vol. 3 and The Record of a Fallen Vampire vol. 3

But I really want to get back to Fullmetal Alchemist and InuYasha. Left off of those for a long time...
[color="Blue"]@)[/color][color="Green"]}~`,~[/color]
[font="Book Antiqua"][color="DeepSkyBlue"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color][/font]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[color="Pink"]chatbot 03:36 - Blacklight asks, are you sane?
My answer: It's hard to say, really.[/color]
Blacklight

Postby Atria35 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:15 am

Just a Girl v. 1-2 (complete)- Erm.... um.... It's good for a shoujo. Definitely meant for the 8-9 year old age range (and that's if I were only going off the mental age/maturity of the main heroine- she's supposed to be 14 or so but behaves like she's 8 or 9!). Still is a nice story about maturing and growing up. I'd give it a 6 or 7 out of 10. Not my style, but overall a good story- head and shoulders above the other work of hers I read!

Millennium Snow v. 1-2 (complete)- I am SO glad Bisco Hatori dropped this bomb for Ouran. I don't get why my friend was going on about the romance being 'so sweet'- there is no romance! The heroine "loves" the hero because he can save her life (and that totally sounds like a user, not someone who genuinely likes another person), and the hero feels sorry/badly for her and mistakes that for love. What a terrible relationship! I like it less than Just A Girl, actually. 4 or 5 out of 10.
Atria35

Postby Smileloviene » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:01 pm

Managed to read Pandora Hearts 65 before I should have...
And wow :eh: my mind is blown by the massive plot twist.
And yet, I still love it :thumb: No more to say.
[font="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="4"][color="DarkOrchid"]The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. ~ Habakkuk 3:19[/color][/SIZE][/font][PHP][/PHP]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[color="Yellow"]@)[/color][color="Lime"]}~`,~[/color][color="Cyan"][font="Comic Sans MS"]Carry This Rose In Your Signature, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/font][/color]
Smileloviene

Postby Lilac#18 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:56 pm

[color="Plum"]Finished reading Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Vol. 1 Act 6.[/color]
FKA Selenite

Lilac#18

Postby AnimeGirl » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:14 pm

Recently finished volume 4 of Nabari no Ou. Man, I am just LOVING this series the more I read.

AnimeGirl

Postby AnimeGirl » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:20 pm

Just finished volume 5 of Nabari no Ou. This is the first time I read a volume of this manga STRAIGHT THROUGH. For like the past 4 volumes I've been reading 'em kind of on and off, and usually with manga I read it all the way once I start it up. Anyway, this volume was so interesting I was glued. To learn what happened with the Shimizu family.

[spoiler]I lwas crying during the fight scene with Raimei and Raikou. How she said she loved her parents and uncle, but she also loved her brother, too. And how Gau wanted their brother and sister quarrel to just stop.[/spoiler]

And man, volume 5 ended with Miharu doing what?! Thankfulyl my friend lended me volume 6 so I don't have to stay in suspense too long!

AnimeGirl

Postby Atria35 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:49 pm

Children of the Sea v 1-4- It's been a while, so having recently bought v 4 I decided to re-read the series. It's just as good as I remember. I still would call this Ghibli in manga form, but more down to earth than some of his other films are. I think Nausicaa (movie, not manga!) would be the closest equivalent. At the same time, it's also a bit darker than his norm. Sora.... just.... Sora.... But man! It's so hard to believe there's only one more volume until the end!
Atria35

Postby MangaRocks! » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:11 pm

Detective Conan, a.k.a. Case Closed, vol. 2: Well, after being less than impressed with vol. 1 :sweat:, I was still willing to give the series a bit more of a shot before I decided whether I wanted to continue it or not, so I read vol. 2. But, unfortunately, it was still very 'meh,' and I'm really not inclined to trudge on through numerous more vol.'s of that in the hope it might get good later on, so this is now a definite drop.

Thankfully, however :sweat:, I also read...

Kieli, novel #5: Now *this* was yet another excellent entry in the Kieli series-- and, this time, the first half of a two-parter. Of course, that means waiting on quite the cliffhanger until sometime in April (!) for the next one :P; but, really, it's well worth it. :) The dynamic between the main characters is as good as ever, some very important revelations and backstory are finally being revealed, and there's a great little twist in the middle which should make things even more interesting from here on out. In other words, it's been an excellent series so far, and I can't wait for the next novel! :thumb:
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby Atria35 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:40 pm

[quote="MangaRocks! (post: 1507475)"]
Kieli, novel #5: Now *this* was yet another excellent entry in the Kieli series-- and, this time, the first half of a two-parter. Of course, that means waiting on quite the cliffhanger until sometime in April (!) for the next one :P]

I can't deal with cliffhangers! I'm waiting to buy both in April so I can just read it all at the same time. Super-excited to hear that it's that good!
Atria35

Postby AnimeGirl » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:21 pm

Just finished reading both volumes of Higurashi When They Cry, Time Killing Arc. Awww...Rika-chan was so adorable! And also, the last volume made me cry. This was an interesting Higurashi volume, different compared to the others I've read so far.

AnimeGirl

Postby CrystalChalice » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:41 am

Fairy Tail 253: :o I did not expect that to happen.
Whatever the season in life, the RIGHT attitude makes all the difference.

"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth."
Psalm 121:1-2

"Though our paths may have diverged, you must continue to live out your life with all your might; you must never consider your own life to be something insignificant, and you must never forget about the friends whom you loved for as long as you live."
The Third Rule of Fairy Tail

"Mistakes are not shackles that halt one from stepping forward. Rather, they are that which sustain and grow one's heart.
Mavis Vermilion, Fairy Tail

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.
Avatar Aang, The Legend of Korra
CrystalChalice

Postby Atria35 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:02 am

Pig Bride v 1-5 (complete)- One of the cuter, more charming manhwa I've read. Girl who's cursed in a past life to prove that her husband will love her even if she's ugly must have him fall in love with her- or risk going through this over and over! The relationships between the side characters are as adorable as the main couple's.
Atria35

Postby AnimeGirl » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:10 am

Been reading Game Plan! again. I haven't read it in awhile, and I forgot how much I loved this short series. It always reminds me the reason why I started drawing manga in the first place ^.^

Also went over the FMA second artbook 3 times since I bought it last night. I just...can't keep my eyes off it! I bought it mainly for reference to do fanart so I can get ready for more cons, but also I love to stare at the pretty pictures. Seriously! I love Arakawa-sama's coloring!

AnimeGirl

Postby Smileloviene » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:51 pm

Read 'Love So Life' Chapter 28...
Sigh, I wish this manga came out faster :( it's SO cute :P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Smileloviene

Postby airichan623 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:44 pm

Atria35 (post: 1507445) wrote:Children of the Sea v 1-4- It's been a while, so having recently bought v 4 I decided to re-read the series. It's just as good as I remember. I still would call this Ghibli in manga form, but more down to earth than some of his other films are. I think Nausicaa (movie, not manga!) would be the closest equivalent. At the same time, it's also a bit darker than his norm. Sora.... just.... Sora.... But man! It's so hard to believe there's only one more volume until the end!

not gonna lie i read 1 through 3 of this series and was really creeped out by it. It was...a little too much earthy-ness for me.

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews