Regina Spektor- Far

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Regina Spektor- Far

Postby Cognitive Gear » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:34 pm

I love Regina Spektor, and was very pleased to hear about her upcomming album. It should be releasing later this month. Here's what has been announced/released so far:

The songs Laughing With, Blue Lips, and Folding Chair on her myspace.
Music video for Laughing With

Track list:

1. "The Calculation" - 3:13
2. "Eet" - 3:54
3. "Blue Lips" - 3:34
4. "Folding Chair" - 3:35
5. "Machine" - 3:51
6. "Laughing With" - 3:18
7. "Human of the Year" - 4:12
8. "Two Birds" - 3:23
9. "Dance Anthem of the 80s" - 3:44
10. "Genius Next Door" - 5:10
11. "Wallet" - 2:30
12. "One More Time with Feeling" - 4:03
13. "Man of a Thousand Faces" - 3:12

There are also some iTunes pre-order exclusive tracks. (Kinda makes me sad, I prefer physical albums.)

14. "Time Is All Around"
15. "The Sword & The Pen"
16. "Riot Gear"
17. "The Flowers (Live, Begin to Hope Tour) [Pre-order only]"

Who else is looking forward to this album?
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:46 pm

Oooooooooo I'm really excited for this. XD I like Laughing With and Blue Lips a lot (though I have yet to hear Folding Chair)! I've been on an epic Regina Spektor kick lately, so I can't wait for the new album to come out. XD I think the release date is supposed to be June 23rd. If so, that's gonna be a verrrry good day. XD

Also the link you posted for the Laughing With video goes to the video for Dance Anthem of the 80's (which is also a good song, but yeah XD). Just to let you know. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:28 pm

I downloaded the free copy of Laughing With not too long ago. Certainly a great song. =)
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Cognitive Gear » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:48 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1316223) wrote:Also the link you posted for the Laughing With video goes to the video for Dance Anthem of the 80's (which is also a good song, but yeah XD). Just to let you know. XD

Oops. It's fixed now. Thanks!
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby yukoxholic » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:19 pm

Yay! More to add to my "Collection of Regina!" ^_^ I saw the video for Laughing With the other day. I can't say there's ever anything I dislike about Miss. Spektor.
yukoxholic

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:12 pm

I've always had a crush on regina since I first saw her, but I have never at any point listened to the music. I may change that.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Return to Jam Session