What Manga are you reading?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby Puguni » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:30 pm

blkmage (post: 1296089) wrote:Mirai Nikki 38: FACE. PALM. Unless something unpredictable happens, this will nullify everything awesome that happened the last few chapters.

It is a pretty tiring cycle. When will Yukki just give up being shocked every time something is revealed about Yuno...?
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby armeck » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:05 pm

rurounni kinshin!!!1 (hope i spelled that right)
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby minakichan » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:30 pm

Fairy Tail 126

So the marathon of battle-scene-only chapters is done now, right?

Right?

...RIGHT?
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Purplefire » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:25 am

minakichan (post: 1296418) wrote:Fairy Tail 126

So the marathon of battle-scene-only chapters is done now, right?

Right?

...RIGHT?

That's one of the thing that gets old real quick in most shonen adventure stories: Chapter after chapter after chapter after chapter after chapter after chapter after chapter of battle. :lol:

Currently reading: Rurouni Kenshin volume 9, Naruto volume 22, Fullmetal Alchemist volume 16.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color="Blue"]
^My webcomic[/color]
[color="Magenta"]"Try having pastries as your hair style." ~Purplefire[/color]
[color="Cyan"]"If you throw us in the fire, the God we serve can rescue us from your roaring furnace and anything else you might cook up, O king. But even if he doesn't, it wouldn't make a bit of difference, O king. We still wouldn't serve your gods or worship the gold statue you set up." Daniel 3:17-18[/color]
Purplefire

Postby minakichan » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:15 am

Liar Game 50.

The scanlators are uploading a new chapter a day, it's amazing.

Saint Young Men 5.

Yagami Light cameo XD! "I'd worry about any kid who says this is what they want to be when they grow up..."
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Sanji07 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:17 pm

I just checked out a bunch of One Piece mangas. There's also Inu-Yasha ani-manga, Bleach, and some other stuff.
[color="SeaGreen"]@)}[/color][color="black"]~`,~[/color] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature
Servant of: Hypersocks-the leader of extrolling hyperness! ^-^
I believe in Jesus Christ, my Savior. If you do too and are not scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
Sanji07

Postby GeneD » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:14 am

I FINALLY finished Monster. Even though it got a little slow sometimes, it's an excellent manga and I loved the crazy, twisty ending. That bit where Johan sits up in the bed totally freaked me out. XD
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby yukoxholic » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:53 pm

Emma Volume 8
yukoxholic

Postby KagayakiWashi » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:26 pm

I went back and started rereading Trigun for the....3rd? 4th time? I'd like to finish it before April 15th when the last volume (!!!!!) comes out.
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
The Blog! http://kagayakiwashi.livejournal.com/
KagayakiWashi

Location: Constantly chasing the dragonfly of love....or something like that

Postby ich1990 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:32 pm

GeneD (post: 1297122) wrote:I FINALLY finished Monster. Even though it got a little slow sometimes, it's an excellent manga and I loved the crazy, twisty ending. That bit where Johan sits up in the bed totally freaked me out. XD

Good to hear. I stalled out at volume 8 due to the lack of suspense. I will have to start reading it again.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:05 pm

I'm reading DNAngel manga now. o.o Friend is loaning it to me one volume at a time.... why!?
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."

My Fanfiction.net account
My DA account
My MAL

"An XD a post will keep humor at its most." - Goldenspines <3
Fantasy Dreamer

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:04 pm

Almost finished with Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Offical Casebook volume 2: The Miles Edgeworth Files.

Also reading Slam Dunk volume 2
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby christianfriend » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:40 pm

I'm working on Fushigi Yugi Volume 8 :D
[font="Lucida Console"][align=center]“The [color="Magenta"]best[/color] kind of [color="Magenta"]friend[/color] is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.â€
christianfriend

Postby ich1990 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:55 pm

Monster volumes 9-11

Holy cow. I really shouldn't have stopped reading this series. These volumes have introduced the most likable psychopath I have never met, and contained a plot twist that caught me totally off guard (reading it was somewhat akin to being slapped upside the head with a wet squirrel). Excellent.

Total volumes of manga I have read in my lifetime: 176
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:10 pm

ich1990 (post: 1297971) wrote:Monster volumes 9-11

Holy cow. I really shouldn't have stopped reading this series. These volumes have introduced the most likable psychopath I have never met, and contained a plot twist that caught me totally off guard (reading it was somewhat akin to being slapped upside the head with a wet squirrel). Excellent.

Total volumes of manga I have read in my lifetime: 176

I've probably said this before, so if so, just ignore me, but if you're enjoying Monster, definitely, definitely check out 20th Century Boys (unless, of course, you already have!). It's by Urasawa and has just been released in the States recently, and it's wonderful!

Also, I read vol. 2 of Pluto today, which is also wonderful. I'm curious to see where this series will go, as I've never read the original source material before. Really interesting and well-written, though!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby minakichan » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:54 pm

Fairy Tail 127

Excommunication? ORLY?!
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Fish and Chips » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:21 am

Buraiden Gai volume 1
Mirai Nikki volume 1
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou volumes 2-3

I don't think I could have picked more varied group of reading material.
Fish and Chips

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:00 am

Monster volume 8 - this series is fantastic! (Ryan got me onto it).
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby blkmage » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:28 am

Nanoha A's to StrikerS: provides some character background that should have been included in the anime in place of some of the crap that they have.

Bamboo Blade B: Haven't read enough to figure out why this was necessary in addition to the main Bamboo Blade series.

K-ON: Looked at it ahead of the anime coming out in April. Looks alright I guess. Hopefully we'll see more in the vein of that DMC reference.
blkmage

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:15 pm

Going through Magic Knight Rayearth I.
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby Puguni » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:35 pm

Yankee-kun to Megane-chan, latest chapter? Kind of expected, but still hilarious.
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby KumaruRockz » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:29 am

Just started on Hollow Fields. Anyone read it?
[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]To be honest, I don't have much to say.[/font]
KumaruRockz

Postby Song_of_Storms » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:23 pm

[SIZE="1"]Just started Haruka. I like it, regardless it's the only Manga I've ever read that can confuse you as to where they are. (Doesn't flow very smoothly) There is practically no back story to Akane, and everyone just accepts their new life in the Heian period. There is, however, a lot of Bishies. That's always a plus. ^w^[/SIZE]
ImageImage ImageImageImage
Song_of_Storms

Postby Heronwing » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:06 pm

Kingdom Hearts 2 and The Legend of Zelda.
I have all the volumes of the original KH, Chain of Memories, and both volumes of KH2 that are out. I reread KH2 volumes one and two, and KH volume three yesterday. It's shocking, how much more serious and complex KH2 V2 is, even compared to KH2 V1.
I believe in Jesus Christ, my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
Heronwing

Postby blkmage » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:36 pm

Mirai Nikki 39: THANK YOU
[spoiler]"Yuno is Yuno!"[/spoiler]
blkmage

Postby Puguni » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:54 am

Tegami Bachi 25. I love this series to death, but I'm always afraid to read the next chapter because I always feel like it will make me feel bittersweet on the inside.

Also, Tegami Bachi anime, ftw?? :/ I want to see it so badly.
Puguni

Postby yukoxholic » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:45 pm

Fairytail Volume 5

Puguni (post: 1301587) wrote:Tegami Bachi 25. I love this series to death, but I'm always afraid to read the next chapter because I always feel like it will make me feel bittersweet on the inside.

Also, Tegami Bachi anime, ftw?? :/ I want to see it so badly.

Ahh! I love the concept of that manga and can't wait for September when it will be released here (I'm resisting getting ahead of myself via scanlations!) I'd adore an anime release stateside. XD I know there is to be a possible release in Japn sometime in 2009 though so here's hoping!
yukoxholic

Postby minakichan » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:59 pm

School Rumble ch 50

=/ might as well work on this series. It's funny!

Detective Conan ch 631

Forgot how much I love Conan, sped through a lot of it~

Bakuman ch 31

I'm so glad Those Two Characters got their butts handed to them. It's getting interesting again! Also, Obata's style is on insanity turbodrive.

Liar Game 59

This series has officially reached a top spot for me. Amazing~
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Puguni » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:00 pm

yukoxholic (post: 1301929) wrote:Fairytail Volume 5
Ahh! I love the concept of that manga and can't wait for September when it will be released here (I'm resisting getting ahead of myself via scanlations!) I'd adore an anime release stateside. XD I know there is to be a possible release in Japn sometime in 2009 though so here's hoping!

There's a pilot episode already]WHAT? He wants to MARRY her? I'm still thinking back to the time where 9th impersonated a dead policewoman. That still weirds me out for some reason.[/spoiler]
Puguni

Postby christianfriend » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:24 am

The other day I finished Fist of the North Star! What a magnificent ending, although I wanted it to end differently, the way the Author chose to end it really does make more sense and fits the whole story :D

And today I finished Fruits Basket! Also a great ending! :3
[font="Lucida Console"][align=center]“The [color="Magenta"]best[/color] kind of [color="Magenta"]friend[/color] is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.â€
christianfriend

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews