Looking for music...

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Looking for music...

Postby Scarecrow » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:55 am

Ok so I'm pretty familiar with metal and all it has to offer but I also REALLY like electronic type fun stuff... just I'm not even sure what to call what I like (trance? EBM? techno? I have no clue).

I'm specifically looking for artists who perform generally party/dance type music. I like God is a Girl, 7 Years and 50 Days and Poison by Groove Coverage a lot. The thing with Groove coverage is most of their other stuff is extremely slow. I mean these songs are both sung kind of slow but the music is pretty upbeat and fast and a lot of electronic sounds going on. I also really like stuff by DJ Satomi like Waves and Castle in the Sky. Losing You, People of Tomorrow, and of course, I'm Blue from Eiffel 65. Umm...Right Here, Right Now I also like except for the parts where the singing comes in... just like the music parts.... not a fan of Fat Boy Slim in general though.

Anyway... that should be enough samples (and I think thats ALL my samples). But ya... that's it... I'm not into other types of electronic music. I've tried some and most of the time its just not party/dance type enough or enough going on electronically.

Oh and I don't buy music where you have to download it. It needs a hard copy album...

Edit: Oh and I can't believe I forgot to mention Daft Punk... but ya I like most of their stuff. One More Time is a favorite.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby GhostontheNet » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:46 am

I can help you out, but I have a feeling your comments about "other types of electronic music" are in part aimed directly at me, so for tactfulness' sake I'm going to wait for you to say otherwise before offering any recommendations.
GhostontheNet

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:41 pm

Scarecrow (post: 1296822) wrote:Ok so I'm pretty familiar with metal and all it has to offer but I also REALLY like electronic type fun stuff... just I'm not even sure what to call what I like (trance? EBM? techno? I have no clue).

I'm specifically looking for artists who perform generally party/dance type music. I like God is a Girl, 7 Years and 50 Days and Poison by Groove Coverage a lot. The thing with Groove coverage is most of their other stuff is extremely slow. I mean these songs are both sung kind of slow but the music is pretty upbeat and fast and a lot of electronic sounds going on. I also really like stuff by DJ Satomi like Waves and Castle in the Sky. Losing You, People of Tomorrow, and of course, I'm Blue from Eiffel 65. Umm...Right Here, Right Now I also like except for the parts where the singing comes in... just like the music parts.... not a fan of Fat Boy Slim in general though.

Anyway... that should be enough samples (and I think thats ALL my samples). But ya... that's it... I'm not into other types of electronic music. I've tried some and most of the time its just not party/dance type enough or enough going on electronically.

Oh and I don't buy music where you have to download it. It needs a hard copy album...

Edit: Oh and I can't believe I forgot to mention Daft Punk... but ya I like most of their stuff. One More Time is a favorite.

Ooh, I was just asking for some suggestions such as these XDD I'll be checking these out XDD

I have a few, but they remain nameless 8( I'll toss out some suggestions once I do hunt down the name and artist ^___^

Cascada- Everytime We Touch, Miracle, What Hurts The Most.

Dj Sammy- Heaven, Boys Of Summer, Fly On The Wings Of Love

Ian Van Dahl- Castles In The Sky (love this one)

Hmmm, I seem to be at a lost for more suggestions atm XD Ooh, you can check out DDR ^^ They have tons of techno/dance musics \o.o/

AAAAAAAAAAAARGH, HOW CAN I FORGET ABOUT I'll Fly With You by Gigi D' Agostino <33 There's many versions to this song, so just take your pick XDD I actually like this version better 8D
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Scarecrow » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:58 am

GhostontheNet (post: 1296871) wrote:I can help you out, but I have a feeling your comments about "other types of electronic music" are in part aimed directly at me, so for tactfulness' sake I'm going to wait for you to say otherwise before offering any recommendations.

Well electronic music in general I realize is a very broad genre so I was just trying to get it narrowed down a bit. There are other electronic songs and bands that probably fit in different categories but I didn't post them because generally, that's not the style I'm looking for. Part of this was to help define what genres of electronic music I actually like and what other bands also play in the same vein. That's why I posted the samples...

I've delved in electronic music briefly a long time ago but now I have extra money I can afford to actually explore this a little more seriously.

Right now I'm thinking my best bets would be albums that have the top dance song from different bands cause most bands dont have a lot of really good content (Like I said, Groove Coverage... they have a few great ones but the rest is really just blah. Another band I forgot to mention is Smile.DK. I like their music a lot but their lyrics are so "Boys are hot" type stuff I can't really listen to them and retain any type of dignity as a guy :P

Ooh, you can check out DDR ^^ They have tons of techno/dance musics \o.o/

I never actually thought of this but it is a good idea. I remember my sister having a DDR game once though and everything was sped up a lot (Castle in the Sky, the one you suggested infact, was on there but it was 10x faster than the one you linked too). I like fast music and all but when it sounds sped up, I don't like that.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Return to Jam Session