Share My Taste? Hmm . . .

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Share My Taste? Hmm . . .

Postby Reon » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:02 am

At the moment been listening to a lot of techno. Since giving my life to God and putting him first that seems to be a big theme with me as lyrics are slim and I can add my own meaning to songs =)

I've been listening to a lot of Andy Hunter & one of my friends Bazooie (which you can grab a free listen to his songs at bazooie.com). Andy Hunter is just amazing.

Imeem.com is a great place to register an account to stream music if you want to hear Andy Hunter unless you know another method.

Let me know of you like either of the two (Andy Hunter / Bazooie).
[color="DimGray"]
[SIZE="1"][font="Arial Narrow"]....[/font][/SIZE]
[/color]
Reon

Postby Benn » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:13 pm

Andy Hunter is awesome!

If you want some christian techno I recommend listing to Echoing Green, Ultrabeat, and House of Wires. You might want to check out tasteyfresh.com as well. It's an online community of Christians who like techno... and to top it off they have a monthly podcast. There's all sorts of sub-genres featured such as drum & bass, house, etc.
Benn

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:22 pm

I hate techno...

Unless you REALLY mean Trance. I love trance. If trance music turned into a woman I would marry her.

As far as artists go, ATB would be my personal favorite.

And a sidenote: I looked up Any Hunter on youtube, and I don't think he's a techno artist.
Mr. SmartyPants

Reply To My Taste In Music

Postby Reon » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:50 pm

{dear Benn} -
"[font="Arial Narrow"][font="Impact"]Thanks[/font] for the information! I seriously needed some more options![/font]"

{dear Mr. SmartyPants} -
"[font="Arial Narrow"]Trance is great too! Know any awesome Christian stuff?
Yeah, not Andy Hunter has a real round mixture of music - relaxing stuff for me =)[/font]"
[color="DimGray"]
[/color]
Reon

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:40 pm

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1295314) wrote: If trance music turned into a woman I would marry her.

XD That's some hard core love of trance.

Techno is 'eh' in my book. I've heard 'techno classical music' where someone has taken classical music and made it techno. It sounded pretty cool, but it gets on my nerves after a while...
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."

My Fanfiction.net account
My DA account
My MAL

"An XD a post will keep humor at its most." - Goldenspines <3
Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Shiningmonk_e » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:22 pm

Reon (post: 1295329) wrote:{dear Benn} -
"[font="Arial Narrow"][font="Impact"]Thanks[/font] for the information! I seriously needed some more options![/font]"

{dear Mr. SmartyPants} -
"[font="Arial Narrow"]Trance is great too! Know any awesome Christian stuff?
Yeah, not Andy Hunter has a real round mixture of music - relaxing stuff for me =)[/font]"

The only christian techno-ishness I knoww is Joy Electric.
"Who is this?" they said to Me
'That the wind and waves obey
Come, let's hang Him on a tree
That His reign should pass away'
But here I am I say to you
Though you turn away, it is My will
To love you for forevermore
Peace be still, peace be still
-Showbread-the Sky(alpha)
Shiningmonk_e

Postby Benn » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:06 pm

Shiningmonk_e (post: 1295385) wrote:The only christian techno-ishness I knoww is Joy Electric.

Joy Electric is another fave! They're pretty cool but kinda an aquired taste.

Are they still together?
Benn

Postby ich1990 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:19 pm

You should check out Batcave Redemption Radio. Some of the songs there have a pretty techno feel to them.

http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=44035
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Thanks Ich1990

Postby Reon » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:04 am

ich1990 (post: 1295393) wrote:You should check out Batcave Redemption Radio. Some of the songs there have a pretty techno feel to them.

Ich1990 I wanted to thank you for your post. The reason being I'm really working on building a "foundation" built up in God for his and I relationship. The same way you would want to have a couple relationship built on strong principles etc.

In doing this, I'm very careful with what I let influence me. I get enough of secular music when I'm working inside Hollister (not to say its talking about sex and drugs) but I do think music strongly influences you. Considering I'm striving after someone whos pure and without sin, while he builds this foundation up in me I want to be careful =)

The main reason I'm thanking you is because on that most you asked this
ich1990 (post: 1217689) wrote:Are all of those bands christian, or do they at least have neutral lyrics? I prefer to support good bands with good lyrics. Also, do you know of any place were I can prelisten to some of these songs (I found some myspace music for "Sisters of Mercy", but not "The Awakening")?

Which was my question from the start. You saved me time from asking (doing extra work) and made me value your opinion much more.

Thanks for referencing me and taking the time to check it yourself =)
Much appreciated

-Reon
[color="DimGray"]
[/color]
Reon

Postby That Dude » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:35 am

Joy Electric
Apt Core
Mortal
Cathedral Of Sound
Ultrabeat
Nitro Praise
DBA
Paradigm Shift

Are all good christian electronic/techno and all it's subgenre's bands.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:44 am

How do you really define a "Christian" song if it doesn't have any lyrics?

I think it's more difficult to exclusively associate with just Christian electronica, especially since so much electronica is neutral.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby That Dude » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:52 am

Yeah I agree that there's a ton of neutral (non-vocal) electronica that's worth your time.

Anyway I think that they went under but check out N-Soul records. All "christian" electronica stuff.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:00 am

If you want some ambient trance, check out these ATB songs:
Gentle Melody
Trillogy (The Final Chapter)
Beautiful Worlds
No Fate
Alcarda
Sunset Girl
Obsession
Beach Vibes

All have no lyrics and are very nice to have as ambiance. :D Now as for his more "vocal anthem trance" music, we have these popular favorites:

Long Way Home
Don't Stop (Very few lyrics. This may as well be ambient as well. XD
Let U Go

XD Yes, these are all my favorites by him. XD
Mr. SmartyPants

Ty Mr. Sp <3

Postby Reon » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:51 pm

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1295494) wrote:How do you really define a "Christian" song if it doesn't have any lyrics?

I think it's more difficult to exclusively associate with just Christian electronica, especially since so much electronica is neutral.

I believe music whether it has lyrics or not can affect you spiritually. Techno can put me in funny moods even though it doesn't say anything. I've messaged a few artists to ask them what feelings they put into a song. Its amazing how many non-lyrical artists have deep/profound meanings put into songs that sometimes can be great and other times... makes me say this isn't something I want to be listening to if those are the feelings put "into" the song. That might be a little extreme but for me its something I believe in. I really don't mind at all any debate on the topic and do listen to non-Christian music occasionally. I guess you should say its one of the areas in my life I really don't mind not listening to non-Christian music if I don't have to, even if it shrinks my selection and have to take more time to find a Christian instrumental artist.

That was more of a rant about my belief on music in general but I hope it somewhat formed a picture of my own thinking behind my music selection (not that my opinion won't change =)). I'm not against neutral music but when it comes down to it am "eh whatev" if I don't need it.

DUDE THANKS FOR THE ARTISTS THOUGH <3
Definitely going to look through them - Really appreciate it.
[color="DimGray"]
[/color]
Reon

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:45 pm

Reon (post: 1295530) wrote:I believe music whether it has lyrics or not can affect you spiritually. Techno can put me in funny moods even though it doesn't say anything. I've messaged a few artists to ask them what feelings they put into a song. Its amazing how many non-lyrical artists have deep/profound meanings put into songs that sometimes can be great and other times... makes me say this isn't something I want to be listening to if those are the feelings put "into" the song. That might be a little extreme but for me its something I believe in. I really don't mind at all any debate on the topic and do listen to non-Christian music occasionally. I guess you should say its one of the areas in my life I really don't mind not listening to non-Christian music if I don't have to, even if it shrinks my selection and have to take more time to find a Christian instrumental artist.

Oh I don't doubt that. One reason why I love ATB so much is because I feel like he puts his soul into his music.

The thing is that what they put into it may not be what you get out of it. What you get out of music is based off of your perspective. I can feel really at peace when I listen to some ambient trance even if the artist is like... diehard non-Christian or something.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Benn » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:54 pm

almost forgot... reon... or anyone else.. if you're into live shows and live in the midwest check out Cornerstone in IL. It's a huge music festival and they have a dance tent where they get guys from N*Soul and other christian DJ's to come out and do their stuff. It's a great alternative to the clubs in the citys... only sad thing is it's one week a year.
Benn

Postby That Dude » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:32 pm

Is N*Soul still around?
That Dude

Postby Lady Kenshin » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:41 am

Well, trance is rockin' awesome!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's okay to be a fanfiction author... http://www.fanfiction.net/~loveslabourswon
Lady Kenshin

Postby GhostontheNet » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:34 am

ich1990 (post: 1295393) wrote:You should check out Batcave Redemption Radio. Some of the songs there have a pretty techno feel to them.

Thank you kindly for mentioning my station! While it is true that I play a lot of electronic music on the station, I wouldn't describe very much of it as Techno and Trance. Of those genres, I confess that I found them much more appealing four years ago when I was first getting into electronic music, but now I just find it to be music too hopelessly dependent upon its own cheap novelty to be very enjoyable anymore. Indeed, when I started Internet radio broadcasting, one of the first things I decided was that the best way to break free of bam bang breakbeat jabberwocky was to go with the pre-techno genres of Synthpop, Industrial, and Darkwave in re-emphasizing songwriting in electronic music.

While it's nice to do the instrumental thing for a while when trying to find music to express one's faith (I did the same thing four years ago), eventually it's best to find music filled with words that matter. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Techno and Trance is completely devoid of creative and exciting artists (Juno Reactor and The Future Sound Of London are a couple of personal favorites), merely that most of the sets I hear played by DJs are filled with glossy sugarcoated poison, and this makes it very hard to get into again.
GhostontheNet

Postby KumaruRockz » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:33 pm

Wow. I share you beliefs exactly when it comes to music. Kids at school tend to call me "Jesus-obsessed." They're surprised when I take it as a compliment ;P
[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]To be honest, I don't have much to say.[/font]
KumaruRockz

Postby RandomBurrito » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:14 am

I'm sorta the same way. I'm quite careful what I listen to. This thread has helped me too, I like techno and I've been looking up some of these artist as well.
[SIZE="5"][color="White"]Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost! [/color][/SIZE]

[color="DarkOrchid"]@[/color][color="Green"])}~`,~[/color] [color="Yellow"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA moderators.[/color]
:hug:
RandomBurrito

Return to Jam Session