Does Listening To A Band Remind You Of Anime?

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Does Listening To A Band Remind You Of Anime?

Postby animaniac » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:55 pm

some bands/song remind me of anime even cover art!so i want to know your opinion is there an album art,song,band that reminds you of anime?

il start

valley of the damned by dragonforce reminds me of anime (lyricly)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3IWGddh3pQ
animaniac

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:30 pm

Moved to Jam Session.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby That Dude » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:06 am

Not any one band reminds me of anime, but when I listen to many different songs I'll make AMV's to them in my head.

Of course I'm always combining video and music in my head...It's that dang video editor side of me coming out.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby GhostontheNet » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:59 pm

I always think of Robin's spiritual journey in Witch Hunter Robin whenever I listen to "Deity" by Screaming For Emily. Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=espazY6IEGA
GhostontheNet

Postby Danderson » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:18 pm

That Dude (post: 1296543) wrote:Not any one band reminds me of anime, but when I listen to many different songs I'll make AMV's to them in my head.

Of course I'm always combining video and music in my head...It's that dang video editor side of me coming out.

Big EPIC ditto on that....

Probably the closest artists I think that reminds me of anime is Anberlin and Falling Up...
Danderson

Postby Scarecrow » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:58 am

Well certain bands do not but some times certain songs do... A couple songs that I immediately placed with anime in my head are Waves by DJ Satomi (apparently I'm not the only one who thinks that either) and Across the Universe of Time by Hayley Westrenra.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby Dr.Faust » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:25 pm

the pillows,breaking benjormen,slava
Dr.Faust

Postby Lady Kenshin » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:42 am

Lots of Evanescence!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's okay to be a fanfiction author... http://www.fanfiction.net/~loveslabourswon
Lady Kenshin

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:50 am

Hoo boy. Mostly, songs remind me of various characters in FMA - primarily Edward and Alphonse Elric. Seriously, this is like my hobby or something. Skillet's album Comatose, Good Charlotte's album The Chronicles of Life and Death, and Trading Yesterday's album The Beauty & The Tragedy put me the most strongly in mind of them.

Strangely, no music has sparked thoughts of other animes for me :eyebrow:
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Return to Jam Session