Which Genre do you like best?

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Which Genre do you like best?

Postby rocklobster » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:52 pm

Which genre of music do you like best? I like rock, Christian, and alternative myself.
Note: You are allowed to make more than one choice, in case you like more than one genre. And R&B can be put in other if you like. I just realized I forgot to make that a choice:hits_self.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby yukoxholic » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:59 pm

You didn't list "Pop" as a genre by the way though I guess that can count as "other". ;)
yukoxholic

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:46 pm

There are a LOT of different genre that I like. XD Most of my favorite bands fall under the "rock" or indie categories, but for the most part, I've found music from nearly every genre that I like. Generally speaking, the only things I'm guaranteed to dislike are generic radio music (including most rap and R&B), country minus Johnny Cash, and anything that does nothing but scream. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Danderson » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:20 pm

I really like bands that combine amazing hard rocking songs along with an epic movie soundtrack-esqe orchestra and choir. Specifically the band Globus.....But I like alot of other various genres as well.....
Danderson

Postby GhostontheNet » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:09 am

My favorite genres are Gothic and Industrial music.
GhostontheNet

Postby Valkaiser » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:03 am

My choices would definitely be Classic Rock, Rock, Heavy Metal, and Funk.
Valkaiser

Postby chibiphonebooth » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:27 am

Rock, Heavy Metal, alternative, indie, etc. I found myself in almost every one of those areas except country and rap. those are the two genres i cannot stannndd.

But lately i've been super into christian heavy metal and hardcore stuff. :3
Also, jpop is a big guilty pleasure of mine. XDD
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby yukoxholic » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:21 am

chibiphonebooth (post: 1212039) wrote:Also, jpop is a big guilty pleasure of mine. XDD

Seconded! I listen to way too much foreign music for my own good. :cool:
yukoxholic

Postby MomoAdachi » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:36 pm

My choices are other: bubblegum pop and dance music
Non-Christian Anti-Hentai Grrl
#1 Dubbed Sailor Moon Fan!
#1 Peach Girl Fan!

98% of the teenage population does or have tried smoking pot. If you are one of the 2% who haven't, copy or paste this in your signature.
MomoAdachi

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:21 pm

I'm primarily a '90s rock kid. There's just not much new stuff on the radio that grabs my interest. I also dig J-rock and game/anime soundtracks (especially the Silent Hill OSTs, those are awesome).
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Slytherine » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:48 pm

I love Heavy and Alternative Metal for just random listening, but when I'm trying to write, I really like Jazz. [early] Coltrane is my guilty pleasure. <3

~Slytherine
Slytherine

Postby HiddenWoodchuck » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:52 pm

Heh... this is really hard. I could check all of those... I listen to something different each day... as long as it isn't really stupid or full of vulgar lyrics. I love my classic rock on my morning drive to work... any other time - metal, indie, rock, alternative, ccm, punk, techno, dance, pop... whatever, it doesn't matter!
Per his request, this user has been temporarily banned
HiddenWoodchuck

Postby Lilac#18 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:10 pm

The kind of genres I like to listen to is r&b, 80's music(mainly mid and late 80s) 90's, dance, a little pop and urban contemporary christian music.
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby MangArtist » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:20 am

I like soundtracks the most, LotR and Star Wars to name a few. Ska comes in a very close second.

chibiphonebooth (post: 1212039) wrote:....except country and rap. those are the two genres i cannot stannndd.

Ooohh I hate country! There's like only three things they ever sing about; their girlfriends leaving, their dog dying, and how they got a new truck. Gosh!
"Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you." (Deuteronomy 30:6)

Muh DA page.
MangArtist

Postby HiddenWoodchuck » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:10 pm

[quote="MangArtist (post: 1212451)"]Ooohh I hate country! There's like only three things they ever sing about]

That isn't true... :P Country isn't something I have on a lot, but there are some good songs. IMO. :)
Per his request, this user has been temporarily banned
HiddenWoodchuck

Postby Ichigo_89 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:23 pm

post-rock is where it's at, yo
Ichigo_89

Postby Kkun » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:24 am

Punk rock, encompassing all forms and variations.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:53 am

I listen to a lot of different stuff. Rock, pop, jazz, classical, movie scores, techno...pretty much anything as long as it isn't rap or stuff that screams constantly.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby GwenneZ » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:19 am

I love everything, but country is my favorite
Konnichi Wa peoplez!!!

COWS GO MOO! IF WE WERE COWS, WE WOULD, TOO!

The world will tell you who you are until you tell the world

Never Alone

[font=Arial]@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/font]
GwenneZ

Postby The Liar XIII » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:51 am

Rock, Classic Rock, Heavy Metal, and Grunge are by far my favourites.
It's just godly music! Godly I say!
Seriously, is it just me, or are Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain, John Fogerty, Alice Cooper, David Gilmour, Dan McCafferty, Eddie Vedder, and Ozzy Osbourne musical gods? They're legends! Some of the best. Maybe THE best.
Hopefully, if God lets me fallow the path I want to fallow to become a rockstar, I will be as great as the men listed above..

But.. Seriously? What has happened to music these days? It's ruined.. Billy Talent? Fall Out Boy? Who are these people? Yucky from what I heard!
Not to offend anybody, but... Rock has changed dramatically... It was best the way it was 40, 50 years ago.. :(
Some Assembly Required

The Liar XIII

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:57 pm

I'm a die-hard blues and classic rock man - most of the music I listen to is older than I am. However, I can dig just about anything with a good groove - except for country and rap.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby KagayakiWashi » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:35 am

I think about 2/3 of my CD library is made up of classical music and film scores. I also like progressive rock and quirky music like They Might be Giants, The Raymond Scott Quintette, Spike Jones, and tons of game music.
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
The Blog! http://kagayakiwashi.livejournal.com/
KagayakiWashi

Location: Constantly chasing the dragonfly of love....or something like that

Postby RobinSena » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:06 am

Mainly Heavy Metal, symphonic metal, Industrial, Goth, Screamo, Hardcore and the like.

Oh, and techno/ambient, and some Jrock. (Versailles and Malice Mizer, specifically)
FKA: ChurchPunk[SIZE="1"]
MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll.
[/SIZE]
RobinSena

Postby animewarrior » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:48 am

hmmm well since my life is basically music I listen to a lot of different genres. My ultimate favs have to be alternative, soundtracks and then J-rock/J-pop. I don't really put "Christian music" in a different category because I listen to Christian alternative rock and a bit of non-Christian. I'll listen to bascally any kind of rock music (gothic, classic, screamo, punk) but the two kinds of music that I detest have to be country and R&B. They just get on my nerves... but techno, and the rest are kewl as well.. right now I'm listening to mostly Final Fantasy soundtracks as well as classical and alternative rock. Music depends on my mood mostly.

PS - to all who wondered where I have gone life has been crazy and I've been using all my free time up with video games and watching Code Geass (an amazing anime by the way ^^) so yeah if you haven't met me newbs I was on a TON during the previous year..so see yah around...XD
~ The fainter the heartbeat the stronger the soul~

*They're just an incomplete group of people wishing to be whole; and to that end, they're desperately searching for something.* - Namine (Kingdom Hearts 2)
animewarrior

Postby Tommy » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:42 pm

Even though this is very broad, "Metal" is my favorite.
However this could range from Dragonforce to Mayhem so...
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby ADXC » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:50 pm

I prefer classical and Christian music.
ADXC

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:41 pm

I like some music in every genre except for country, jazz, and older styles of music (excepting classical music, of course XD). But my favorite would have to be rock. Good, strong rock - not too heavy, not too light, guitars you can bang your head to but not going super-fast (though heavy metal has its place, and I love Dragonforce to death). That's my favorite style.

But seriously, I like everything. Techno, J-pop, rap (yes, rap), pop, random foreign music (like Persian rock, Turkish rap, Chinese opera, etc.), atonal stuff like Shostakovich or Prokofiev, and recently I've been getting into R&B. I think you can find beauty in just about any kind of music.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Return to Jam Session