What Manga are you reading?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:47 pm

I started reading the Fruits Basket manga. I got into the anime so now I'm reading the manga. :D
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby KagayakiWashi » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:03 pm

Yesterday I read FLCL volumes 1 and 2, and today I started Gunblaze West.
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
The Blog! http://kagayakiwashi.livejournal.com/
KagayakiWashi

Location: Constantly chasing the dragonfly of love....or something like that

Postby Lady Kenshin » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:23 pm

I need a recommendation, actually. I just got finished w/ Monster... and it OWNS!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's okay to be a fanfiction author... http://www.fanfiction.net/~loveslabourswon
Lady Kenshin

Postby minakichan » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:17 pm

Go read everything else by Naoki Urasawa.

Especially Pluto.

Actually scratch that, just read Pluto and 20th Century Boys =D. His other stuff is... OK.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby yukoxholic » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:30 pm

Othello Volume 1
yukoxholic

Postby minakichan » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:03 pm

Boku ni Natta Watashi [complete]

The story pretty much reads like a heterosexual shounen-ai manga, but gaaah the seqart is gorgeous. I think Shimaki's technique makes her manga bypass the need for an original story because her climax scenes are compelling. And her lines are so neat!!
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Puguni » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:27 pm

Fairy Tail 113. Erza FTW. Probably the coolest things - note the plural - I've ever seen a female character ever do, action-wise. I just think she's awesome as a character. :d
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby KagayakiWashi » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:29 pm

I'm in the middle of Gunblaze West, Volume 2 right now. I think it'd make an excellent modern day western :-D
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
KagayakiWashi

Postby Puguni » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:45 pm

Read up to Mirai Nikki 34 in one sitting, because I couldn't get over how psychopath Yuno was.
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby Fish and Chips » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:18 am

Negative Happy Chainsaw Edge vol. 2 COMPLETED

Spectacularly underwhelming.
Fish and Chips

Postby GwenneZ » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:15 am

Kamichama Karin! and Yotsuba! and Hayate the combat butler!
Konnichi Wa peoplez!!!

COWS GO MOO! IF WE WERE COWS, WE WOULD, TOO!

The world will tell you who you are until you tell the world

Never Alone

[font=Arial]@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/font]
GwenneZ

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:08 pm

Veritas Volume 1

Shonen manwha, which in my experience doesn't have the greatest track record. However, at the very end of my reading grace period, it earned more interest because the protagonist isn't an idiotic shonen main character, he's a guy who pretends to be an idiotic shonen main character. Marginally better dialogue than I've come to expect as well, though not when explaining theoretical stuff.

Puguni wrote:Fairy Tail 113. Erza FTW. Probably the coolest things - note the plural - I've ever seen a female character ever do, action-wise. I just think she's awesome as a character. :d

I'm marginally impressed that he did a gender inversion and this plot line will be about the women of Fairy Tail doing something instead of getting rescued. Though they probably won't do much (other than Erza), if we assume that some of the other characters on the table will take out one of the remaining major opponents. And probably Natsu, because he always does that.

Also: Mistgun. I'm not terribly pleased that he was so hyped in the last chapter and then barely appears in this one. Though I'd like to be happy about his appearance, I must say I'm afraid I'll prefer him mysterious, as opposed to finding out he has a "quirky" "humorous" "personality."

Fish and Chips wrote:Negative Happy Chainsaw Edge vol. 2 COMPLETED

Oh, yes. I meant to say the same thing several days ago.
uc pseudonym

Postby minakichan » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:11 pm

Reading: Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo 53
Features the first appearance of my VERY FAVORITE one-shot disposable character; for those who might know: the duck.

YEAAAAH. (>_>);

Negative Happy Chainsaw Edge vol. 2 COMPLETED

Was thinking of picking that one up just for the TITLE. Maybe not now...

Fairy Tail

Ahh~~ Erza's clothes are so cute~ (=u=)~

Fangirling aside, nice to see her kick some butt, but seriously, Mashima, less pretty and cute girls, more awesome ones, kplzbai. Also, geez, what is Luxus trying to prove? Disabling most of the guild's best fighters with a cheap restriction spell means that he can only win by technicality.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Akikaze » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:52 pm

Rurouni Kenshin volume 1.
"For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness."
— Ralph Waldo Emerson
Akikaze

Postby Purplefire » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:06 am

Rereading Bleach Volume 8, with hopes of rereading a lot more. *deciding if she wants to bother her library for more interlibrary loaning*
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color="Blue"]
^My webcomic[/color]
[color="Magenta"]"Try having pastries as your hair style." ~Purplefire[/color]
[color="Cyan"]"If you throw us in the fire, the God we serve can rescue us from your roaring furnace and anything else you might cook up, O king. But even if he doesn't, it wouldn't make a bit of difference, O king. We still wouldn't serve your gods or worship the gold statue you set up." Daniel 3:17-18[/color]
Purplefire

Postby Amzi Live » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:55 pm

Claymore
Volume 1
[font="Arial Narrow"] Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name. Psalm86:11[/font]
Proud lurker? Join MOES,and help us stay cool.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Amzi Live

Postby minakichan » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:33 pm

Saint Young Men 1-3.

I laughed.

A lot.

I am SO going to hell for this.

My only reassurance is that at least they didn't pull something crazy like making Buddha and Jesus cute moe girls or somethin D:
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Osirilen » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:08 am

Most recent thing I've read was FMA volume 17. Currently just kind of waiting for like a sale or something before I manage to convince myself to actually buy something else to read. (Although depressingly enough over half of the stuff I'm currently collecting seems to be dissapearing from the store I buy manga from)
Osirilen

Postby Fish and Chips » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:10 pm

Bokurano vol. 1-9
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure vol. 78-80 COMPLETED~

Yare yare daze.
Fish and Chips

Postby KagayakiWashi » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:29 pm

I just finished Cowboy Bebop Shooting Star vol 2. I really liked the series, and the art was alot better (IMO) than the other Cowboy Bebop manga series. Now I'm reading Sgt. Frog volume 1-3 (collected), and Gunblaze West (I'm still in the middle of volume 2).
KagayakiWashi

Postby PhantomNinja » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:31 pm

Seeing as I want to get into the field, I've been reading Kitchen Princess and Mixed Vegetables. (Both of which are shojo) Really great series and pretty clean. =D
PhantomNinja

Postby minakichan » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:47 pm

Detective Conan 673.

People in the Detective Conan LJ comm were all OMG GO READ CHAPTER 673 NOWWWWW so I was like "....OK?" And then I saw the chapter cover page and it said "Series Resolution" and I almost screamed/had a heart attack.

Turns out that wasn't true (I have no clue WHAT that was about), but the chapter was... well, let's say that a lot of people's OTP has definitely gone into true canon now. Yey.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby KagayakiWashi » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:11 pm

I just got Trigun Maximum Volume 13 (finally!) so, all my other maga reading is put on hold until I finish it (tomorrow).
KagayakiWashi

Postby Akikaze » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:57 am

Rurouni Kenshin volume 2.
"For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness."
— Ralph Waldo Emerson
Akikaze

Postby minakichan » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:26 pm

Akuma Bengoshi Kukabara.

It's by two Koreans but written in Japanese for a Japanese magazine, it seems?

I like stories about lawyers, but demon lawyers is just a little too much. Also, the commendation of the suicide was very flimsy. =/

It's obvious that the mangaka want to turn this pilot chapter into a series.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Puguni » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:34 pm

Koukou Debut 48

Umm...I think Haruna's getting annoying. >< I'm pretty sure all she does is think about her boyfriend now, which makes for really dull reading; she's all about him. Her thick headedness is getting old...and...yeah.

I guess I'll still follow it though. :/
Puguni

Postby Fish and Chips » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:48 am

Claymore vol. 2-3

After refreshing myself on first volume, which I flipped through forever ago (or just two years if you want to call that Forever Ago), I'm actually finding this an enjoyable read. I sort of figured things would evolve past the Monster Hunting genre, but even this early it's truly surprised me. In particular:[spoiler]1. The Yoma in the cathedral living inside a mummy instead of one of the priests or guards.
2. Young Clare's reason for staying with Theresa.[/spoiler]I think I'll have to continue this series with a higher priority.
Fish and Chips

Postby minakichan » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:17 pm

Ice Revolution 1.

It's about ice skating.

I thought it was going to be super girly-- and it is, kind of-- but the main character is the manliest ever, even manlier than most typical tomboy leads. The art is super-appealing with a ton of character and the wild reactions and expressions are very lively, it's quite charming! I want to learn to draw like that...
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby KagayakiWashi » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:00 pm

Akira, Volume 1
KagayakiWashi

Postby Fish and Chips » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:46 pm

Claymore vol. 4
Samurai Deeper Kyo vol. 30

Akimine Kamijyo apparently doesn't think we have enough characters in 30 volumes.
Fish and Chips

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews