What Manga are you reading?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby GhostontheNet » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:56 pm

Right now, I'm working on reading Goth.
GhostontheNet

Postby ich1990 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:21 pm

Fullmetal Alchemist volumes 6-9

Excellent plot, characters, pacing, fights, etc. Excellent series. The violence is a little heavy at times, but that is my one and only complaint. This series is what I keep hoping Bleach will be.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby Fish and Chips » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:52 pm

FullMetal Alchemist vol. 21
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure vol. 76

Reading JoJo with the Guilty Gear XX soundtrack in the background goes together like peanut butter and jelly.
Fish and Chips

Postby Elycien » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:59 am

Read the first eleven chapters of Toradora! scanlated. <333 I'm getting seriously addicted to this series~~

ImageImageImageImageImage
My dragons ^^ Please click!
Elycien

Postby Kurama » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:34 am

Kingdom Hearts 2
Kurama

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:10 pm

MC Law Case 5

I felt this episode was weaker than many of the previous. It felt like a television lawyer serial: ridiculously contrived questions, people standing up in the crowd, and no real knowledge of the judicial system. This didn't make me dislike the series, but nothing really stuck out to me as of interest.
uc pseudonym

Postby minakichan » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:03 pm

M.C. Law 5. - Mamoru, your shirt's flying up in the middle of court.
I forgive any excessive melodrama in this arc because Mamoru's fashion sense is just too fabulous. But this manga is really turning into Gangster Phoenix Wright. Wot.

Until Death Do Us Part - Man, this series is just fightfightfightheadexplosionfightfightfightswordslicingupgunsfightfightfightfightPEDOPHILIA?! Well, the character design (i.e. Igawa's) is pretty cool. I might just read this for the omake.

Fairy Tail 107 - ERZA IS NOT A DAMSEL IN DISTRESS. BLARGH. Cute girls in swimsuits reminded me why I am still reading this series; The Boys having to save The Girls reminded me why I'm thinking of dropping it.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby ST. Attidude » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:13 am

I recently finished Rurouni Kenshin vol. 6.
I kinda feel sorry for Yutaro.
[color="Magenta"]@[/color][color="Red"])}[/color][color="DarkGreen"]~[/color][color="Green"]`,[/color][color="Lime"]~[/color] [color="LightBlue"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, [color="Red"]As Thanks,[/color] [color="LightBlue"]To All The CAA Moderators[/color][/color]
______
[color="Navy"]ST[/color][color="Blue"].[/color][color="RoyalBlue"] Attidude's[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"].[/color][color="LightBlue"].[/color].Portfolio Site, Twitter,
DeviantArt page
ST. Attidude

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:23 pm

Hunter x Hunter

It's back... and so far two of the three chapters have been about recently introduced characters that no one cares about. I suspect that in the long run this will seem in the same tone as the rest of the series, but I still question the use of space for minor fights when such significant events are afoot.

minakichan wrote:Until Death Do Us Part - Man, this series is just fightfightfightheadexplosionfightfightfightswordsl icingupgunsfightfightfightfightPEDOPHILIA?! Well, the character design (i.e. Igawa's) is pretty cool. I might just read this for the omake.

I have to say, though, I really like the art. If the series develops more interesting villains I'll want to keep reading it. That end of volume omake, though... I really don't understand why people choose to represent themselves in various ways.
uc pseudonym

Postby blkmage » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:17 pm

Picked up Kuroshitsuji and Skip Beat. This was caused by me getting tired of waiting for subs of the anime.
blkmage

Postby Fish and Chips » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:01 pm

Hellsing vol. 10 COMPLETED
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure vol. 77

Protestant route GOOD END.

Though I have a feeling I'll enjoy the last two volumes more when they're not spread across two years.
Fish and Chips

Postby whisperingloon » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:24 pm

With the Light. Vol. 3 (of 4) just came out. This series is AMAZING.

Samurai Commando. I tracked down book 2. I love time travel stories. The first volume was enjoyable (if short) and now that I have volume 2, I'm re-reading it.

~ Ben
~~~~~~~~
www.benaveryonline.com
The descent to Avernus is easy;
The gate of Pluto stands open night and day;
But to retrace one’s steps and return to the upper air,
That is the toil, that is the difficulty.
-Virgil
whisperingloon

Postby Kankokujin » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:38 pm

Currently reading Fist of the North Star. At least what's available in English. There's a huge gap between some volumes that I can't find scanslations for. T-T
おれはクリスチャンだ!
Kankokujin

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:03 pm

Seikon no Qwaser Volume 1

I hesitate to even mention this here, because it has the most transparently pathetic premise in recent memory. If I'd read the author's commentary first I'd never have bothered with the rest. One volume was enough to get over the inherent humor of a manga-ka who knows nothing about any of the main subjects (or the English language) so now I'm done.

Fish and Chips wrote:Hellsing vol. 10 COMPLETED

Wait, the last chapters are out? It appears there is a great injustice, gentlemen, and I must go and right it.
uc pseudonym

Postby choklit » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:21 pm

Shaolin Sisters and Dear

Shaolin sisters' artwork is slightly confusing and insubstancial, the fighting scenes flow well but are a little pointless, and the story is mediocre. I do like the character's bodies and faces, they're just my type. That's basically all the nice things I can say about it.

Dear is made by one of my favorite artists, Fujiwara Cocoa. She's very young, but I love her characters and how they look. She's got a lot of potential. The storyline is slightly surprising, the characters effectively portrayed, and it's a funny, interesting read.
So what's the speed of dark?
choklit

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:24 pm

I read the fifth volume of Tsubasa: Reservior Chronicle tonight.
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby minakichan » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:42 pm

Romeo x Juliet.

AUGH MY FAVORITE ANIME EVER IN MANGA FORM. The outfits are so much cuter in the manga, and I'm totally in love with Odin all over again. The backgrounds are pretty and the character designs are so moe. I really like a lot of the changes and artistic license the mangaka made. And I wish I was as cool as Turbine Rosso...

/girly fangirling
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Purplefire » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:27 pm

Hrm, I keep several mangas going at the same time, so here are my current reads:
Fullmetal Alchemist Volume 17
Hikaru No Go Volume 13
Bleach Volume 5
Eyeshield21 Volume 2
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color="Blue"]
^My webcomic[/color]
[color="Magenta"]"Try having pastries as your hair style." ~Purplefire[/color]
[color="Cyan"]"If you throw us in the fire, the God we serve can rescue us from your roaring furnace and anything else you might cook up, O king. But even if he doesn't, it wouldn't make a bit of difference, O king. We still wouldn't serve your gods or worship the gold statue you set up." Daniel 3:17-18[/color]
Purplefire

Postby RobinSena » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:01 pm

Finished Death Note v. 13 a few days ago, and I just read the chapter 109 one shot. IMHO, I think they should have just left it as it was. It didn't really add much to the story, and I preferred how it ended in volume 12.
Although [spoiler]Seeing the King of Death was cool.[/spoiler]
FKA: ChurchPunk[SIZE="1"]
MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll.
[/SIZE]
RobinSena

Postby minakichan » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:09 pm

Luck Stealer 3

\o/ for this series actually getting scanlated!
\o/ for Kurusu-papa!
\o/ for predictable but still humorous misunderstandings!

!\o/ for introduction of likely reoccurring annoying and troublesome female character who messes everything up and better as heck not become a potential love interest for the main character!

Also: bullets don't work that way.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:35 pm

History's Strongest Disciple Volume 28
Biomeat Nectar Volume 9
Immortal Regis Volume 5

All series I am continuing, none of them excellent. Right now they're ranked from "solid shonen" to "why am I still reading this?"

minakichan wrote:Also: bullets don't work that way.

coughluckdoesn'tworkthatwaycough
uc pseudonym

Postby choklit » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:23 am

Re-reading InuYasha. It was my first shonen manga, and my first anime I watched. I never got to finish it though. So I'm starting from the beginning.
So what's the speed of dark?
choklit

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:16 pm

Vampire Knight 2 and 3
....very good
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby blkmage » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:57 pm

After a break, Ouran returns with chapter 65, in which

[spoiler]A CHALLENGER APPEARS[/spoiler]

I'm kind of surprised that this happened, although it I can see how it's a very easy plot device to use at this point.
blkmage

Postby minakichan » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:08 am

After a break, Ouran returns with chapter 65, in which

Yeah, this has already happened. Do not want, Hatori-sensei.

Also, she is totally running out of host club themes XD Seeeeriously.

Also: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni volume 1.

I expected this to be full on creepy horror murder mystery, so I was somewhat disappointed when the first half seemed to be more one-guy-many-girls TEEHEEYEYFUNTIME. I suppose it sets the mood up pretty well, because things did start to get a bit scary (but I'm a wuss when it comes to horror so =/) The visual novel is probably more entertaining.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Hitokiri » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:53 pm

Eureka 7, Shakugan no Shana, Bamboo Blade, PuiPui, Ashita no Yoichi, Burst Angel, to-LOVE-ru, and REC. Most of these, save for two, I am reading but currently waiting for the next chapter to come out.
Hitokiri

Postby minakichan » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:11 am

Caught up on Bakuman to ch 13.

This. Is. The. Most. Depressing. Manga. EVER.

I keep rooting against the main characters because their success makes me feel so depressed. Aiming for the Tezuka prize on their second try?! Akamaru Jump at age 14?! I wonder if this is realistic at all and if such young mangaka could possibly exist. What am I doing with my life?!

The tips are very good. Obata proves yet again that he is an absolute genius; the expressions, the body language, the backgrounds-- he's got to have the highest technical virtuosity in the field today. It's awesome to get an inside look into Jump and editing, even if it's as a superficial plot device. I feel like getting off my butt and drawing, and for the first time in years I wish I knew Japanese and lived in Japan. However, I wonder if this series is popular in Japan? It gets near the middle-lower middle of Jump, but I can't really imagine anyone but wannabe-mangaka reading it. Granted, that may be a pretty big audience.

Too bad this series is utterly misogynistic.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Mithrandir » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:20 am

Currently working my way through the FruBa manga (loved the anime). Need more of the story!
Mithrandir

Postby yukoxholic » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:57 pm

Nana Volume 13
yukoxholic

Postby Purplefire » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:46 pm

Currently trying to read Eyeshield21. Trying being the operative word, since it's hard to find around here. Also read Ouran High School Host Club Volume 10 yesterday.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color="Blue"]
^My webcomic[/color]
[color="Magenta"]"Try having pastries as your hair style." ~Purplefire[/color]
[color="Cyan"]"If you throw us in the fire, the God we serve can rescue us from your roaring furnace and anything else you might cook up, O king. But even if he doesn't, it wouldn't make a bit of difference, O king. We still wouldn't serve your gods or worship the gold statue you set up." Daniel 3:17-18[/color]
Purplefire

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews