What Manga are you reading?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby ST. Attidude » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:29 am

I'm hoping to read Rurouni Kenshin vol. 5 today...
Have it on hold at my library...
[color="Magenta"]@[/color][color="Red"])}[/color][color="DarkGreen"]~[/color][color="Green"]`,[/color][color="Lime"]~[/color] [color="LightBlue"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, [color="Red"]As Thanks,[/color] [color="LightBlue"]To All The CAA Moderators[/color][/color]
______
[color="Navy"]ST[/color][color="Blue"].[/color][color="RoyalBlue"] Attidude's[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"].[/color][color="LightBlue"].[/color].Portfolio Site, Twitter,
DeviantArt page
ST. Attidude

Postby blkmage » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:47 pm

Picked up Deadman Wonderland. I'm still not entirely sure what to make of it, since things are still being revealed and thrown around right now.

Also, I haven't seen it mentioned, but is anyone else following Bakuman?
blkmage

Postby Puguni » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:10 am

blkmage (post: 1259560) wrote:Picked up Deadman Wonderland. I'm still not entirely sure what to make of it, since things are still being revealed and thrown around right now.

Also, I haven't seen it mentioned, but is anyone else following Bakuman?

I dropped it for being sexist. :/

Staying on topic, read Minami-ke. Cute and amusing. :X
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:28 pm

blkmage wrote:Also, I haven't seen it mentioned, but is anyone else following Bakuman?

Yes. I am not entirely certain why, because nothing about it really appeals to me.
uc pseudonym

Postby Puguni » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:23 am

Reborn! 210

Hibari continues to be outrageous and my favorite character.
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby Lilac#18 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:54 pm

Just started Tokyo Mew Mew vol.6.
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:59 pm

I started back up on reading "Absolute Boyfriiend", and is also reading "Vampire Knight" ^ ^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Fish and Chips » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:38 am

Negative Happy Chainsaw Edge vol. 1

What did I just read.
uc pseudonym (post: 1258359) wrote:Same here, though I would have kept reading anyway. I'm fine with the way the escape arc has gone so far, just so long as it's being pushed along in order to get to something more important (like Shiro).
minakichan (post: 1258441) wrote:Eh, I was really afraid that Deadman Wonderland would just be a Branch of Sin fighting tournament series, so I was relieved with the resistance arc. I think some of the plotting here wasn't very creative though. Regardless, this is staying on my list, despite the gore-- and for one as queasy as me, that is a very big despite.
I really liked the first two volumes of Deadman Wonderland, the way they set the pace and tone of its world and characters. Volume three dipped a bit with the obligatory Tournament arc but recovered because of plot. Comparatively speaking, the Escape arc was an improvement in that it's better reading than deadmen vs. deadmen for sport, but I still feel it was rushed. Introducing a boatload of new characters then killing off a whole bunch of them, oh and one guy's a traitor and now the Undertakers are the quirky miniboss squad. It was saved by the fact that Kengamine's going to have to make a difficult decision next chapter, or so I hope if it doesn't go straight Shounen and Ganta saves everyone and everything with his protagonist powers.
Fish and Chips

Postby blkmage » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:26 pm

Finally got around to investing some time into FMA. Definitely not disappointed, and definitely far better than the alternate plot that the anime gave us.
blkmage

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:41 am

Bitter Virgin. So far, it's the most mature, realistic Manga I've ever seen. I Really like it. Also wanting to start on School Rumble Z, but there doesn't seem to be anyone scanlating it... *sigh*

Also started Addicted to curry, which seemed kind of fun (pretty perverted, though) but the serious amounts of way too much are starting to get to me, and I'm not sure I'll be able to finish it. I just can't stand that every good cook in anime has to get responses like "This intricate, delicate flavor brings memories of my childhood in another life, when my mother would cook with the flowers from a hill 10 miles away, and the tender texture reminds me of what it truly means to be a man!" Gah... Such overkill, and I see it all the time...

I read all of the Metroid Manga that's been scanlated up to now. I just want to see how they handle the actual first game. I've read the Super Metroid comics in Nintendo Power, which has a couple of the same characters, but I'm not sure if the metroid manga will lead into the same story as the NP super metroid comics...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Elycien » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:34 am

First volume of One Piece xDDD I've read a few chapters here and there whenever I get my hands on a copy of Shonen Jump, but this is the first time I've actually started from the beginning. So much fun. Methinks I needed something this random and silly to read - it's a nice de-stresser.

ImageImageImageImageImage
My dragons ^^ Please click!
Elycien

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:52 pm

History's Strongest Disciple Volume 19

The difference between this and the insipid first volumes is ridiculous. Usually I continue reading series and care less and less, but this is one case where the series has improved significantly. Not that I'm saying it's brilliant, but it is a decent shonen that is A) relatively succinct and B) actually manages to balance characters on very different ability levels.
uc pseudonym

Postby Fish and Chips » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:59 pm

Berserk vol. 33
Hajime no Ippo vol. 1
Super Cruel and Terrible Tales of Mangaka vol. 1 COMPLETED

Reading gag Manga is kind of like hoping the next beartrap won't sting as bad as the last one did.
Fish and Chips

Postby RobinSena » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:11 am

Finished volume 8 of Death Note, last night. I plan on getting 9-12 out of the library soon.
FKA: ChurchPunk[SIZE="1"]
MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll.
[/SIZE]
RobinSena

Postby ich1990 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:20 pm

Full Metal Alchemist volumes 1-4

Decided to start reading this after Bleach got boring. So far I have found it to be dark, intelligent, disturbing, and in many other ways enjoyable. This will definitely be a series that I will continue to follow.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby minakichan » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:54 pm

More Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo.

...Yes, I am that bored.
...Well, it's harmless mindless entertainment.
...I should probably stop making excuses.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Aileen Kailum » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:47 pm

Skip Beat 9
The Song of the Hanging Sky 1
xxxHolic 11

Skip Beat is continuing to be entertaining, while xxxHolic is continuing to be cryptic. Hanging Sky is interesting, but I had trouble distinguishing the characters the first time I read it.
Need some excitement and meaning to brighten your bleak existence? Enter the CAA Monthly Manga contest!
(Warning: side affects may/will include irritability, the cramping of hands, frustration, and/or loss of sleep.)

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades
Aileen Kailum

Postby Lilac#18 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:45 pm

Tokyo Mew Mew vol. 7
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby eternalprincess » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:10 pm

W Juliet vol 1
W Juliet vol 2
W Juliet vol 3

@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
eternalprincess

Location: Texas: Sitting at the computer writing, and explaining anime to someone who found out I'm into it.

Postby RidleyofZebes » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:43 pm

xxxHolic Vol. 1-2

Finally getting around to reading the counterpart to much-loved Tsubasa. I'd rather have picked up volumes 8-9 of the aforementioned, but my local bookstore leaves much to be desired in their on-hand selection. <_< That aside however, I'm thoroughly enjoying it. While it has spoiled some of the mysterious aura surrounding Tsubasa (Much to my disappointment), it has also added new angles to bounce things off of. I look forward to continuing this series.
~Ridley [color="Green"] ;)
[/color]
[font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]deviantART[/color][/color][/font] | [font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]YouTube[/color][/color][/font]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~~~[color="Yellow"]AKA: DarkwaterhHealer~~~[/color]
Even when lurking, I am with you in spirit...

Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES.
RidleyofZebes

Postby ich1990 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:07 pm

Fullmetal Alchemist volume 5

RidleyofZebes wrote:Finally getting around to reading the counterpart to much-loved Tsubasa. I'd rather have picked up volumes 8-9 of the aforementioned, but my local bookstore leaves much to be desired in their on-hand selection. <_< That aside however, I'm thoroughly enjoying it. While it has spoiled some of the mysterious aura surrounding Tsubasa (Much to my disappointment), it has also added new angles to bounce things off of. I look forward to continuing this series.

Yes, Tsubasa is pretty cool. It (along with Rurouni Kenshin and Bleach) was one of the first manga series that I ever started reading. I haven't been keeping up with lately, but I did read up until volume 20.

Just to warn you, however, around volume 14 things start to get quite violent with people getting impaled with swords and arrows and such. Also, that is were the story really picks up and large plot elements are revealed. It pretty much becomes a whole different series.

EDIT: Wooohooo! This is my 2^8 post!
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby RobinSena » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:04 pm

Just finished volume eleven of Death Note. 0_o Looking forward to seeing how it ends, probably tomorrow. =)
[/SIZE]
RobinSena

Postby Fish and Chips » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:49 am

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure vol. 74
Tista vol. 1-2 COMPLETED

When I read the volume number I was worried that the series was cut short or something. But nope. Tista is exactly as long as the Mangaka intended (and his first, so I'll keep my eyes peeled). It's a Catholic assassin Manga, so not too "Novel" an idea, but it's well-constructed and well paced. One scene near the end almost killed it for me though. That and the designated Antagonist should have been hinted at just a bit earlier than he was, but that's my stylistic opinion, not a complaint.
Fish and Chips

Postby Fio » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:09 am

I just finished up reading Chrono Crusade.

For the most of the series I struggled with the quite twisted image of Christianity. Author has mixed saints, guns, demons, angels, nuns and aliens in a way that is somewhat intriguing, but goes almost directly against Christian doctrine (and made me have that what-would-mom-say-about-this -feeling). But put that aside and I enjoyed the series really much. Behind a full-action ruckus was a beautiful story about friendship, trust, and moving forward. And the ending filled my eyes with tears... (doesn't happen often ^^ )
Fio

Postby RobinSena » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:36 pm

Finished Death Note v. 12. Wow. I was starting to get annoyed towards the end, but the last 6 pages or so made it all ok.. :D
[/SIZE]
RobinSena

Postby yukoxholic » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:58 pm

Currently reading: Sugar Sugar Rune volume 8! I am so sad that this series has ended. ;__;

RidleyofZebes (post: 1260941) wrote:xxxHolic Vol. 1-2

Finally getting around to reading the counterpart to much-loved Tsubasa. I'd rather have picked up volumes 8-9 of the aforementioned, but my local bookstore leaves much to be desired in their on-hand selection. <_< That aside however, I'm thoroughly enjoying it. While it has spoiled some of the mysterious aura surrounding Tsubasa (Much to my disappointment), it has also added new angles to bounce things off of. I look forward to continuing this series.

Volume 10....get to Volume 10. That volume excited, saddened, and showed me just how awesome XXXHolic really is as a manga series. XD Actually, I read Tsubasa and XXXHolic at the same time and it didn't really spoil much for me. Perhaps, I wasn't paying very close attention or I'm just great at predicting the outcomes of mangas. XD There really isn't too much in XXXHolic (oddly enough) that spoils anything *big* in Tsubasa besides at Volume 12.
yukoxholic

Postby minakichan » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:22 pm

Otomen volume 1.

I bought this manga by the cover in Singapore, something I almost NEVER do (almost all the manga I buy is stuff I've read in scanlations or seen the anime for).

GIRLY MEN AND MANLY GIRLS! \o/

I laughed my butt off out loud. It's right up my alley-- gender role reversal, even without crossdressing. Seriously, there's something to be said about a manga with such classic lines as "[He's] the image of the idea wife!" BEST. IMPULSE BUY. EVER.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby eternalprincess » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:01 pm

W Juliet 4
W Juliet 5
W Juliet 6

I'm really enjoying this series so far.

@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
eternalprincess

Location: Texas: Sitting at the computer writing, and explaining anime to someone who found out I'm into it.

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:05 pm

Y+M Volumes 1-2

If the manga-ka's past work is any indication, it will feature ninjas killing each other.
uc pseudonym

Postby Fish and Chips » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:52 pm

Dogs: Bullets & Carnage vol. 1
Fist of the North Star vol. 2-3
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure vol. 75
(Shin Megami Tensei) Persona 3 vol. 1
(Shin Megami Tensei) Persona 4 vol. 1

Kicking off October with a lot of violence and general weirdness.
Fish and Chips

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews