What Manga are you reading?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby Fish and Chips » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:20 pm

Berserk vol. 19-21
Bradherley's Coach vol. 1 COMPLETED
Seizon -LifE- vol. 1

Ballparking Berserk volumes 1-21 as act one of the classic three act tier.

Bradherley's Coach is a one volume piece about a suspiciously charitable aristocrat who takes an annual trip adopting young orphaned girls to join his family's theater troupe. Except not really. Deceptively deep, since each chapter focuses on a different person drawn into the plot. Interesting reading if you have the stomach for it.

Seizon -LifE- is a short mystery serial about a man who has only six months left to live. Consequently, this is the remaining time before the Japanese statute of limitations expires on his missing daughter's murder nearly 15 years ago, so the man assumes a mission from God to find the killer before his time runs out. Translations end after volume 2, so I'm wary to continue.
Fish and Chips

Postby GeneD » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:03 pm

Finished Bleach volume 6. Now I'm all out of hard copies untill I can borrow some the new ones MBlight bought.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Tsukuyomi » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:27 pm

I think I'll start on "Absolute Boyfriend" now ^ ^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Puguni » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:08 pm

Tsukuyomi (post: 1247394) wrote:I think I'll start on "Absolute Boyfriend" now ^ ^

Ah, that one made me cry, ha ha. Oh Watase Yuu...

Anyway, just read some snippets of "No Bra." I think it's kind of hilarious in that it pokes fun at the readers, but I wouldn't read more of it.
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby Sheenar » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:55 am

I just got Baron The Cat Returns by Aoi Hiragi. I love the movie, so the manga should be even better. :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:33 pm

Puguni (post: 1247482) wrote:Ah, that one made me cry, ha ha. Oh Watase Yuu...

Anyway, just read some snippets of "No Bra." I think it's kind of hilarious in that it pokes fun at the readers, but I wouldn't read more of it.

I really like it so far ^ ^

You're a fan of Yuu Watase, too? I love her art work.. so beautiful ♥_♥
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby eternalprincess » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:01 pm

Chocolat Vol: 2
Chocolat Vol: 4

Heh, I'm not normally a reader of the fangirl mangas but I got these on sale at Barnes and Nobles, and though I'd give 'em a try. I love the artwork though. <33

@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
eternalprincess

Location: Texas: Sitting at the computer writing, and explaining anime to someone who found out I'm into it.

Postby RidleyofZebes » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:17 pm

Just picked up the first volume of "Murder Princess" the other day. It's actually pretty interesting if you can get over the whole "generic fantasy series" thing. Unique characters, and a few minor plot twists I somehow didn't expect. I really like the artwork; it's crisp and kept in good proportion. Fanservice is kept to a bare minimum; there's like one panel in entire first volume, and I'm not quite sure if it even counted. Might keep collecting it just because I like the artwork.
~Ridley [color="Green"] ;)
[/color]
[font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]deviantART[/color][/color][/font] | [font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]YouTube[/color][/color][/font]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~~~[color="Yellow"]AKA: DarkwaterhHealer~~~[/color]
Even when lurking, I am with you in spirit...

Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES.
RidleyofZebes

Postby ST. Attidude » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:50 am

Let's see...

I recently finished Rurouni Kenshin vol. 2 and One Pound Gospel vol. 1.

I hope to get Rurouni Kenshin vol.3, Fullmetal Alchemist vol. 17, and xxxHolic vol. 4 soon.
[color="Magenta"]@[/color][color="Red"])}[/color][color="DarkGreen"]~[/color][color="Green"]`,[/color][color="Lime"]~[/color] [color="LightBlue"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, [color="Red"]As Thanks,[/color] [color="LightBlue"]To All The CAA Moderators[/color][/color]
______
[color="Navy"]ST[/color][color="Blue"].[/color][color="RoyalBlue"] Attidude's[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"].[/color][color="LightBlue"].[/color].Portfolio Site, Twitter,
DeviantArt page
ST. Attidude

Postby Elycien » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:08 pm

I'm continuing to read Eureka Seven as it becomes available at the library... volumes 2 and 3 today, but sadly 4 and 5 weren't checked in. =(

Despite what I hear about how differently it ends, I'm liking it at the moment. Man, the manga and anime are such different entities that I'm reminded of FMA xD though I think, in this case, that I'll like the anime better in the end. Manga feels a bit rushed.

I do like all the page-time Dominic and Anemone are getting, though. <3 They were kinda neglected in the anime, it was sad.

ImageImageImageImageImage
My dragons ^^ Please click!
Elycien

Postby Sheenar » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:46 am

I'm almost done with Baron The Cat Returns and then I'm going to start FMA vol. 5.

I really like the manga version of The Cat Returns --it has a rich story and I found out why Muta was named Muta (through a note in the manga) --in Japanese, Buta means cow. Now I understand why (in the anime) Muta got so angry when Haru called him Moo-ta. XD
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Elycien » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:38 pm

Finished Eureka Seven. T______T </3

[spoiler]Why, why, why did they have to kill off my two favorite characters? </3 And why couldn't Dominic have gotten that much screen time in the anime and/or why couldn't he have gotten that much page time in the manga and still lived?

And I cried when, toward the end, Anemone rememberd Dominic.... D: Only the second time I've cried at a manga (the other being FMA, in that one chapter that everyone cries at. XD; )[/spoiler]

ImageImageImageImageImage
My dragons ^^ Please click!
Elycien

Postby NekoChan_C » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:13 pm

Shaman King, Bleach, Naruto, The Big O and gonna start Monster shortly... YAY!
http://myspace.com/shura_no_hana
XBox Gamertag: NekoChan Cruz
PSN Gamer ID: Neko no Ichi
http://neko-chan-cruz.livejournal.com/
NekoChan_C

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:48 pm

I just picked up Kujibiki Unbalance vol. 1 in the bookstore the other day. I don't think I'll be following it though. As a fan of Genshiken, I think it's cool that they actually made a real Kuji-Un manga/anime series, but it's basically just another "harem" series. And cheap panty shots on every other page. I can't take it.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby MasterDias » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:06 pm

20th Century Boys, Volumes 3-22
21st Century Boys, Volumes 1-2

Well, that was a blast to read, and it has somehow worked it's way up to my list of favorites. Darn Urasawa, for ending most of the volumes on cliffhangers...

Last arc felt weaker, and sort of anticlimatic in places, but was still enjoyable.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby eternalprincess » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:09 am

Read these in two hours yesterday. Hehe, sheer bordom.

Drama Con: Vol 1
Drama Con: Vol 2

@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
eternalprincess

Location: Texas: Sitting at the computer writing, and explaining anime to someone who found out I'm into it.

Postby Puguni » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:26 am

Hitman Reborn chapter 205.

Ummm. I'm so enamored with Hibari right now it's not even funny. Hibari is amazing. 8|
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby Lilac#18 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Finished reading Tokyo Mew Mew volume 1 and just started on volume 2. this is my first time reading the manga.
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:19 pm

I'm supposed to be reading Absolute Boyfriend ^ ^;
Tsukuyomi

Postby jon_jinn » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:03 pm

Eyeshield 21 volume 21
REAL volume 1
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:22 pm

Gamerz Paradise Volumes 1-3

With a ridiculous title like that, I felt obligated to give the series a read. It's fairly mundane, but I kept reading because it has to be only a few volumes total.
uc pseudonym

Postby jon_jinn » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:35 pm

REAL volume 2

Quite a fascinating manga that blends slice-of-life w/ sports. the artwork isn't really my taste, but the story is rather interesting.

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:48 am

Vampire Knight 1

Deathnote 9
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby jon_jinn » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:30 am

REAL volumes 3-5

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby RobinSena » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:18 pm

DNAngel volumes 3 and 4.
FKA: ChurchPunk[SIZE="1"]
MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll.
[/SIZE]
RobinSena

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:47 pm

Samurai Deeper Kyo Volumes 18-19

Sometimes this series feels fun, and then I remember it goes on for 38 volumes.
uc pseudonym

Postby Fish and Chips » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:19 pm

Berserk vol. 22-26
Mushishi vol. 3
Ohikkoshi vol. 1 COMPLETED
Oldboy vol. 1
Pluto vol. 6-7

Ohikkoshi is probably the only romantic comedy I can actually recommend, and conversely the only romantic comedy I cannot recommend here. Or maybe I can.
Fish and Chips

Postby minakichan » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:34 am

Bitter Virgin. I read a little of it a long time ago, but there wasn't enough out yet at the time.

Oh. My. What. I cannot believe that Kusunoki-sensei, who writes such utter trash as Girls Saurus, could have created this. I teared up and started bawling like a baby-- it's absolutely heartbreaking. I totally fell in love with the characters. While it's certainly not without its flaws, it feels like it's written very personally from the mangaka-- even as it's painful to read, it's so refreshing.

AUGH. MY CHEST HURTS.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby blkmage » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:52 am

Picked up and caught up to the latest published chapters of Nodame Cantabile and Special A. Recently started Yotsuba&!
blkmage

Postby Lilac#18 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:51 pm

Currently reading Tokyo Mew Mew Vol. 3
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews