Martial Artist Unite!

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Martial Artist Unite!

Postby Kunoichi » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:33 am

Hey guys,

I'm an avid martial artist and have been for many years. I want to know what you guys train, why you do and what your likes and dislikes are!

Cya in the thread!
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Kunoichi

Postby oro! » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:14 am

What martial art do you practice, kunoichi? Is it ninjitsu lol?

My school kinda mixes up things, but we do taekwondo, hapkido, and minimal jujitsu. It's good, because tkd is lacking in the grabs, takedowns, but has great kicks, etc. I've been practicing our school for about three years.
Why? Well, I grew up on martial arts movies; I know they had some influence on me. I wanted to have an activity to work my body(not just the ones I had for my mind). I wanted discipline and a way to defend myself. Plus, a surgery on my knee just intensified my desire for that which I couldn't have...so lots of reasons.
Likes: the camaraderie, stretchiness, the sweat, learning and understanding when and how, the jumping kicks, etc. The list could go on and on.
Dislikes: At my school, we don't focus as much on the later techniques, so you have to do some on your own mostly. I also am afraid of sparring with a few of my peers. :sweat: Jujitsu sparring, ok..but ouch! Luckily, they don't put me with the big guys. I'm not that into sparring, which is ironic, seeing as that's what it's all about(and i never bought any of my own sparring gear, cheap person that I am...:sweat:
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby Kunoichi » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:14 pm

lol actually something similar altho without the grapple hooks and wall climbing lol

I practiced Shaolin Kempo Karate, Kung-Fu, Japanese Jiu-Jitsu, Brazilian jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai Kickboxing, Tai-Chi

I also studied some traditional weaponry

Why? lol well actually grew up watching Power Rangers, chuck Norris and 3 Ninja's.....even "practiced" in the yard ^_^

Dislikes: sparrings a bit hard on my body altho the BJJ doesn't bother me even with the big guys
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

Kunoichi

Postby minakichan » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:25 pm

Hrmmm... my school (which I don't attend anymore cuz uh, college. And being half a country away) does Tae Kwon Do and Kung Fu, but I really kind of despise TKD (although I'm probably weaker at Kung Fu). It was pretty nice because we did all these very... original street application exercises (like simulating walking down a dark alley ^^;); unfortunately, I don't really have time to train anymore... I'm out of shape now...
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Yuen Fei Lung » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:46 pm

I was in martial arts when I was younger but not now. Since I'm legally blind it's kind of hard for me to find a teacher that would show me the techniques up close so I always struggled in the class. But I'd love to get back into martial arts one day if I found the time and money... maybe something like kickboxing just to get a good sweat on.

Really though, the way fighting has progressed now a days its best to learn several different combined styles. I mean, with mixed martial arts taking off you've got guys who can wrestle, do jui-jitsu, kickboxing, ect, ect. It's CRAZY to me how martial arts have evolved the last five to ten years. The people who actually compete and earn money doing martial arts are really an entirely new breed of fighter than in the past ((sorry if I got off topic... I tend to ramble... ^^;; ))
Yuen Fei Lung

Postby Kunoichi » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:32 am

yea i used to teach and run a dojo ^_^

That's why i taught so many different styles and Yuen I would teach you. I'm legally blind in my left eye and pretty bad shape with vision on my right. I would have no problem helping you out! ^_^

Yea ..i'm not too found of TKD either ><

Kunoichi

Return to General Entertainment