The Incredible Hulk - Trailer

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

The Incredible Hulk - Trailer

Postby jon_jinn » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:25 pm

http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1583143&vid=215625

trailer for the upcoming "Incredible Hulk" movie that is to come out on June 13.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:26 pm

I find it odd that they make another adaptation so soon after the previous one (especially given that it did poorly). This one hasn't struck me strongly, so it will have to receive some rather glowing reviews for me to see it.
uc pseudonym

Postby Cognitive Gear » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:37 pm

The only thing that stood out to me is the fact that Edward Norton is Bruce Banner. He's a great actor. However, I think I will still wait for some reviews.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Saj » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:23 am

uc pseudonym (post: 1207090) wrote:I find it odd that they make another adaptation so soon after the previous one (especially given that it did poorly). This one hasn't struck me strongly, so it will have to receive some rather glowing reviews for me to see it.

They made this one because the previous one sucked horribly. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this one will be any better.
" ...to walk on water."

" In exchange for our humility and willingness to accept the charity of God, we are given a kingdom. And a beggars's kingdom is better than a proud man's delusion. " -- Donald Miller on Grace

Never going to let you down.
Saj

Postby Stephen » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:06 am

I have a lot of hope that since Norton I believe wrote the script as well as acted...this should be good.
Stephen

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:32 am

It looks..........Ok the trailer was really good until they showed the hulk who still looked like shriek with a hair piece. The fx were not so good maybe thats only because of the views. It still looks leagues better than the first movie with sucked hardcore.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Sammy Boy » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:10 am

I saw this film tonight with my wife, we both thought it was pretty good, especially compared with the previous one.

The story and acting in this good was better done, and there was more of an emotional side to it in addition to the action.

There were a couple of parts that we felt did not flow as well plot-wise, but I will say no more since that would be a spoiler (or two).

I'd give it 7.5 out of 10.
Sammy Boy

Postby CAAOutkast » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:13 am

Looks good.
CAAOutkast

Postby Technomancer » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:15 am

I have to admit, I'm kind of curious as to how the parts that were shot here in town turned out. I'll wait for the review though before I decide on spending money on it.
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby TallHobbit86 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:34 am

Ultra Magnus (post: 1235255) wrote:I saw this film tonight with my wife, we both thought it was pretty good, especially compared with the previous one.

The story and acting in this good was better done, and there was more of an emotional side to it in addition to the action.

There were a couple of parts that we felt did not flow as well plot-wise, but I will say no more since that would be a spoiler (or two).

I'd give it 7.5 out of 10.

I saw the midnight showing, and that would pretty much be my review as well. It was better than the first one, and Edward Norton and Liv Tyler were good. :)
King Moonracer: Don't tell me I need a root canal. This is a secret message... XD
Hermey the Elf, D.D.S: You need a root canal. Secret Bumping Club Member #9
King Moonracer: I asked you not to tell me that. geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html
TallHobbit86

Postby CAAOutkast » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:51 pm

Will She-Hulk be in this movie?
CAAOutkast

Postby K. Ayato » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:54 pm

Probably not. She-Hulk is introduced later in the Hulk story.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Nate » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:55 pm

I will see this movie because it has Edward Norton.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby TallHobbit86 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:58 pm

Nate (post: 1235359) wrote:I will see this movie because it has Edward Norton.

That's what my cousin said as well. Edward Norton really makes this movie good too.
King Moonracer: Don't tell me I need a root canal. This is a secret message... XD
Hermey the Elf, D.D.S: You need a root canal. Secret Bumping Club Member #9
King Moonracer: I asked you not to tell me that. geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html
TallHobbit86

Postby jon_jinn » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:50 pm

the reviews say that the movie's pretty good, but it's not something incredible.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Stephen » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:17 am

I am going to see it tomorrow. I hear its very well done. Joblo gave it really high marks. Then again, Norton is the man. So no shock.
Stephen

Postby Nate » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:32 pm

jon_jinn wrote:the reviews say that the movie's pretty good, but it's not something incredible.

Those reviewers should be punched in the face by the Hulk. I just finished seeing it and it was absolutely amazing, really just a top-notch movie all around. EXCEPT. The Stan Lee cameo. Okay Stan, they're not funny or amusing anymore, they're getting old. :\

I would have approved of the Stan Lee cameo had he done the same thing he did in that episode of Simpsons. "He's not the Hulk! I'M THE HULK! RAAAAWR!"

*relevant link at 30 second mark, light language*

http://www.milkandcookies.com/link/63276/detail/

"I really did it once!"

Nate

Postby Kkun » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:42 pm

Yeah, it was pretty fantastic. I thought the fights between The Hulk and the Abomination were great. Also, Tony Stark pulling a Nick Fury at the end was priceless. I hope they do that for every movie up until The Avengers film.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Stephen » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:35 pm

I loved the Lee cameo Nate! Shame on you! Quite frankly, the movie was great. To me, it was as good as Iron Man. And I loved that movie too. This is the Hulk movie we got screwed over for the first time around. Norton proves it once more, he is the man.
Stephen

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:57 am

Great movie saw the midnight showing.Better than Iron man IMO
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Tommy » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:42 am

I haven't seen it but it LOOKS like a sell-out film.
The first Hulk movie was more focused on plot than kaboom kabang fighting.

There was very little action in the original Hulk movie, but alot of character development for the main character specifically.

It looks like this one is just trying to be as action-packed as possible so people will like it.

Are we supposed to pretend the first doesnt exist or is this a sequel?
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Saj » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:43 am

I saw it opening night as well. I thought it was... ok (i havent seen ironman yet. so those saying hulk was as good as ironman, youre scaring me)

Is it me, or did "I am Legend" have more dialogue?

@TeeLay - pretend the first one didnt happen.
" ...to walk on water."

" In exchange for our humility and willingness to accept the charity of God, we are given a kingdom. And a beggars's kingdom is better than a proud man's delusion. " -- Donald Miller on Grace

Never going to let you down.
Saj

Postby Nate » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:36 am

TeeLay wrote:I haven't seen it but it LOOKS like a sell-out film.
The first Hulk movie was more focused on plot than kaboom kabang fighting.

There was very little action in the original Hulk movie, but alot of character development for the main character specifically.

It looks like this one is just trying to be as action-packed as possible so people will like it.

Wooo, it's awesome when people talk about something they know nothing about! :p Let me try. *ahem* Metalcore is stupid because all it is is people sounding like Cookie Monster while they try to play instruments and fail miserably because they have no musical talent.

Hey, that was great!

This movie had...what, three fight scenes, if I remember correctly? There was the one in the drink factory, the one at the college, and the final one against Abomination. I think that was it. "No character development" indeed. That's what you get for judging off of a 45 second trailer. Heck I could say that the movie Cloverfield was about an earthquake based on the original trailer they gave.
Are we supposed to pretend the first doesnt exist or is this a sequel?

Saj already said, but just to expound a bit, this is a reboot, much like Batman Begins was a reboot for the Batman franchise. So yeah, the first movie didn't happen.

EDIT: Also I don't know if I'd say this movie was better than Iron Man (Iron Man was pretty good), but it was at least as good as Iron Man.

Nate

Postby Cognitive Gear » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:20 pm

The first movie was horrible and entirely missed the point of Hulk. It's one of the reasons that I am glad that Marvel has their own movie studio. (Now if they can only get the Spider-Man license back...)

This was a fun movie. Nothing fantastic, but good. I enjoyed Iron Man a whole lot more, though I was never a Hulk fan to begin with. Also, apparently there is over 70 minutes of footage from Edward Norton's script re-write that got cut. Supposedly it will be included on the Blu-ray release. Here's hoping.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Nate » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:23 pm

Cognitive Gear wrote:Also, apparently there is over 70 minutes of footage from Edward Norton's script re-write that got cut. Supposedly it will be included on the Blu-ray release. Here's hoping.

Now THAT'S a special edition. *crosses fingers*

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention another reason this movie rocks. It had the sad walking away music from the Incredible Hulk TV show. That was epic win.

Nate

Postby Tommy » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:13 pm

Nate (post: 1236077) wrote:Wooo, it's awesome when people talk about something they know nothing about! :p Let me try. *ahem* Metalcore is stupid because all it is is people sounding like Cookie Monster while they try to play instruments and fail miserably because they have no musical talent.

If you're trying to annoy me, it's not working.
I don't even like the genre of Metalcore that much with the exception of a few bands now so nice try.

And I have seen, enjoyed, and know a lot about the first film and my previous post was based off an assumption based on the 2 minute long trailer I saw.
If you want to be legalistic then fine. I saw a trailer for it longer than 45 seconds.

And thanks for the little information that you actually provided in your post that actually answered the question I had.

Thank You.
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby Ingemar » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:43 pm

What was wrong with the first movie? The Hulk scenes in the first movie looked terribly out of place--which is a very bad thing considering that the movie is about the Hulk!!!

This version is way better because of the lack of navel contemplation. And two words: HULK SMASH.

And @Nate: The Stan Lee cameo couldn't be any more horrid than the one in Spider Man 3--

Stan Lee in the most awkwardly placed cameo ever wrote:It looks like one person CAN make a difference.
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby Nate » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:58 am

Yes, I agree, the Stan Lee cameo was way worse in Spider-Man 3. XD Actually to date the only Stan Lee cameos I've liked were in the first Spider-Man movie (you really had to look for him), and Iron Man.

Nate

Postby bigsleepj » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:20 am

Personally, I think the cameo in the second Fantastic Four movie was the worst.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby Tommy » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:44 am

Ah, the days when Stan Lee cameos were not forcefully shoved down our throats like medicine when we were kids.

I like to compare the Spider-Man 1 and 3 cameos and the difference is amazing.
Even in the first one, he doesn't get a line out and you actually have to search for him, he still manages to save the lives of small, innocent girls.

What a hero.
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Next

Return to General Entertainment