Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Roy Mustang » Wed May 21, 2008 2:06 am

Sci Fi Channel wrote:Gyllenhaal To Star In Persia

Jake Gyllenhaal and Gemma Arterton will star in Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Disney and Jerry Bruckheimer Films' adaptation of Ubisoft's popular video game, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

The trade paper confirmed a rumor first posted on Latino Review. Mike Newell is directing.

In the fantasy adventure, Gyllenhaal will play Dastan, a young prince in 6th-century Persia, who must join forces with Tamina (Arterton), a feisty and exotic princess, to prevent a villainous nobleman from possessing the Sands of Time, a gift from the gods that can reverse time and allow its possessor to rule the world.

Doug Miro and Carlo Bernard, Jordan Mechner and Boaz Yakin wrote the script, which is based on the games created by Jordan Mechner.

Production is set to start in July in Morocco and England.

Arterton will be seen in the new James Bond movie, Quantum of Solace.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Wed May 21, 2008 3:56 am

I'm looking forward to this movie a lot. PoP is one of my favorite games, and I think, if they do it right, this could be a really really good movie. In a way, I'm glad they decided not to make it be exactly the same story as in the game; then it'll be new for everybody. I'm also happy to discover that Jordan Mechner is one of the writers; it's always good to have input from the original designer when possible.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Wed May 21, 2008 7:55 am

Yeah, it'd been rumors rumbling around for about two months now but I'd never taken them seriously. Why would someone take a risk on a franchise that's been so quiet for this long now? Still, I'm really excited! The girl playing the Princess (Not princess Farah, unfortunately, but whatever) is pretty cute too. We'll get to see a sneak preview of her acting skills in the new Bond flick. She's this year's bond girl!
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Maledicte » Wed May 21, 2008 1:24 pm

Much as I like Gyllenhaal and think he's a great actor, I would like it if they'd pick someone of actual Middle Eastern descent...

Still, looks like it'll be a lot of fun.
Maledicte

Postby Kurama » Wed May 21, 2008 1:31 pm

Dude!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats Awesome!
Kurama

Postby jon_jinn » Wed May 21, 2008 5:01 pm

oh dang! who would've thought they'd make a PoP movie. this is gonna be pretty sweet. the game was awesome. one of the first games i played on PS2.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby HiddenWoodchuck » Wed May 21, 2008 5:54 pm

Woah, I didn't expect them ending up on the cast. I really hope this turns out good... I loved the first Prince of Persia game.
Per his request, this user has been temporarily banned
HiddenWoodchuck

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:25 am

Kingsley is Persia's villain

Sci Fi Channel wrote:Ben Kingsley will play the villain in Disney and Jerry Bruckheimer's big-screen adaptation of the Ubisoft video game Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Variety reported.

In the fantasy action movie, Kingsley portrays Nizam, who plots to kill his brother, King Shahrman, and blame it on Prince Dastan so he can take the throne.

Jake Gyllenhaal plays the prince, while Gemma Arterton and Alfred Molina round out the leads.

The film starts shooting in July in Morocco and England with Mike Newell at the helm. The movie will debut next year.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Tarnish » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:35 pm

I'd be a lot more confident about this if the last movie I remembered Kingsley being in wasn't Bloodrayne.

And geez, Alfred Molina, now? They couldn't afford anybody even remotely not-white for this, could they?
i draw things

Ponies are for ages six and under.
Tarnish

Postby animewarrior » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:41 pm

Does anyone else find Prince of Persia + Disney a bit ironic? I thought those games were REALLY violent... (I haven't played them so I could be wrong..>,<)
~ The fainter the heartbeat the stronger the soul~

*They're just an incomplete group of people wishing to be whole; and to that end, they're desperately searching for something.* - Namine (Kingdom Hearts 2)
animewarrior

Postby Sakura15 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:37 pm

Wow, it's being made into a movie now?? I never played the game, but I watched my sister XD it looks pretty interesting.
[color="SeaGreen"]
"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." -Isaiah 41:13
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
If I don't have You, Jesus?
What in this life
Could mean any more?- Starfield
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:21 pm

wow disney.....wow just wow . I smell fail to bad the games were great too.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby ADXC » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:05 pm

I think I will see it because I enjoyed the game. I would have played the second and third if they weren't rated M. Even though Im allowed to play them now that Im 17 I tend to stay away from anything rated M.

I do find it weird that Disney is in on it because in the PoP game there's quite a bit of violence. I mean most of the time your killing off guys and then try to get the sand from inside them(Well that's what I remember.). I really did like the game scheme because of the way you could correct a past failure or even death(Most of the time death.) and also for its many elaborate puzzles. And also the fact you could do many kinds of tricks like running across a long wall. Oh I miss playing it, maybe I will break my no rated M vow.
ADXC

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:52 pm

Alright, here's one for you.. The movie and the new game coming out are Coincident. The new PoP movie isn't gonna be based off of the old games so much as it is evidently gonna be its own thing (the missing Farah makes sense now. hehe). The new game is gonna be based off of the movie which is based off of the game. Read this on Destructoid this week. I wish I could find the link.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby ADXC » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:15 pm

Well that's stupid. Then why are they calling it the Sands of Time(The name of the first game)?
ADXC

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:57 am

...And isn't the new game supposed to be about the Tree of Life or something? That's what I read, anyway. Bah, I wish they'd stop confusing us ><
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Return to General Entertainment