rate Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

rate Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Postby rocklobster » Sat May 31, 2008 6:04 pm

OK I just saw it and I can describe it one word: AWESOME!!!!!
Did anyone catch the ark of the covenant?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat May 31, 2008 6:39 pm

General discussion of the movie has been more prominent in this thread:

https://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=48449

However, since there's no real "Indiana Jones IV" thread yet, I'll leave this open if anyone else wants to discuss the film further.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Tommy » Sat May 31, 2008 8:16 pm

Yeah, I caught the arc.

It was alright up until the ending.
That pretty ruined that franchise for me.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Roy Mustang » Sat May 31, 2008 9:31 pm

I like the movie, and felt that it stands up to the hype. But I still like Iron Man just a bit better then Indy 4.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Suzysaver » Sat May 31, 2008 9:56 pm

aliens???? aliens???? come onnnn
[font="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"]I fell in love with an Angel, a heart that isn't cold. Say goodnight, we are dying, just hold on.Bless these shadows and tested everyone; they can't steal our love tonight[I][I]~ I am ghost[/I][/I][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"]
[font="Trebuchet MS"]A couple of years and I'm a silhouette. My halo is broken now and I'm all that's left~the classic crime [/font]
[/SIZE][/font]
Suzysaver

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Sat May 31, 2008 10:02 pm

Suzysaver (post: 1231755) wrote:aliens???? aliens???? come onnnn

I understand it's a different genre, but you're willing to buy that a man magically rips the hearts out of victims while they live, then proceeds to drop the still living victim in to lava. When the body hits lava the heart, now separate, bursts in to flames. This is acceptable, but extra-dimensional creatures aren't? :brow:
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Nate » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:09 am

Not to mention that drinking water from a gold chalice turns you into a skeleton. That's perfectly realistic. As is a gunshot wound being completely healed by pouring water on it from a dingy chalice. But aliens?

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:18 am

Indy always had supernatural things involved, and Indy 4 was no different.

People have always had alien conspiracies when it came to Ancient Latin-America Civilizations, so I find the context appropriate.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby creed4 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:27 pm

it was good. every thing fell in constants for the series
Tis No Fool to lose what he can not keep to gain what he can never lose.
What does it profit a man to gain the World yet lose his soul.
Choose Life that you Might live.
creed4

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:23 pm

rocklobster (post: 1231718) wrote:OK I just saw it and I can describe it one word: AWESOME!!!!!
Did anyone catch the ark of the covenant?

Yup, that brought me back to my younger years. XD I really enjoyed the film.
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby Kurama » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 pm

I am not a huge fan of Indi. I had nightmares when I was younger cause my dad wanted me to watch it....
(Thus started my snake phobia)

Anyways, It was pretty good. At the end of the movie I just turned my head a bit and went "What just happened?"

But I liked the idea with aliens....<___< The Martian wasn't Green. LOL I thought that was new.

Ok I'll stop geeking out....
Kurama

Postby Roy Mustang » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:28 pm

Kurama wrote:The Martian wasn't Green. LOL I thought that was new.

You never heard of the term, the Greys? The greys are also called the Roswell aliens, because that is what is to believe have crash landed in Roswell, NM. So, the color for the alien fits, since

[spoiler]The body taken from Area 51 in movie was one of the Roswell aliens [/spoiler]

Roy Mustang

Postby NekoChan_C » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:48 pm

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1231817) wrote:Indy always had supernatural things involved, and Indy 4 was no different.

People have always had alien conspiracies when it came to Ancient Latin-America Civilizations, so I find the context appropriate.

One hundred percent agreed. Each Indy movie was based around some sort of [what is accepted as] myth or legend, with a strong dose of supernatural...

And you can't TALK about the ancient Mayans and Aztecs without the alien theory coming into play... it may not be widely accepted, but it is a popular theory, to be sure... :)
I liked-ed it!
http://myspace.com/shura_no_hana
XBox Gamertag: NekoChan Cruz
PSN Gamer ID: Neko no Ichi
http://neko-chan-cruz.livejournal.com/
NekoChan_C

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:49 pm

The Nazca Lines have been thought by conspirists to be messages to aliens for YEARS.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Tommy » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:52 pm

I never said anything about not liking it because it was unrealistic.
I didn't like it because I just felt it was a stupid concept and unfitting for the franchise.
Had nothing to do with being realistic or realistic.

In real life, Harrison Ford would have collapsed from a heart attack.
Cry all you want Han Solo/Jones fans.
It's the truth. :P
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:15 pm

From the fridge thing? Yeah. It's worth noting that he did more stunts for this movie than any of the others.
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Tommy » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:54 am

Then again, maybe I'm wrong.
Oh well.
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby Kurama » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:57 am

Roy Mustang (post: 1231938) wrote:You never heard of the term, the Greys? The greys are also called the Roswell aliens, because that is what is to believe have crash landed in Roswell, NM. So, the color for the alien fits, since

[spoiler]The body taken from Area 51 in movie was one of the Roswell aliens [/spoiler]

Oh yeah, I've heard. I am not stupid.

I have heard of the Whites, the Greys and the Greens

Don't get me started buddy.

But often in movies, they always make Martians Green. LOL
The Green ones are nice, the White and Grey ones are mean.

ok...DOne Geeking. But I agree, It was quite unrealistic
Kurama

Postby Saj » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:47 am

The only problem i had with the movie was that it felt like they were trying to make it awesome. And they ended up trying to hard.

Swinging with vines... c'mon

Kung-fu Indians... eh.

The aliens i can accept. Reluctantly, because im starting to loath Lucas, but I'll deal with it.

Edit: O yea... the CG... waaaaaay to much CG. The movies were awsome with no CG, they didnt need to have so much of it in this one.
" ...to walk on water."

" In exchange for our humility and willingness to accept the charity of God, we are given a kingdom. And a beggars's kingdom is better than a proud man's delusion. " -- Donald Miller on Grace

Never going to let you down.
Saj

Postby Kurama » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:41 am

Saj (post: 1232112) wrote:The only problem i had with the movie was that it felt like they were trying to make it awesome. And they ended up trying to hard.

Swinging with vines... c'mon

Kung-fu Indians... eh.

The aliens i can accept. Reluctantly, because im starting to loath Lucas, but I'll deal with it.

You just said when I forgot to. But yes, I totally felt the same way!

The vines...too much.

;___;
But yeah. Aliens, I did not mind.
Kurama

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:49 am

I honestly don't understand why people hate CGI that much. There wasn't that much in the movie besides the chase scene in the jungle and the ants.

Though the Tarzan-scene was overdoing it.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby bigsleepj » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:01 am

I voted *** and I'll stick to it.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby Tommy » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:10 pm

Conclusion:
It has nothing to do with the aliens being unrealistic.
I just thought it was stupid to put them there.
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:10 pm

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1232126) wrote:I honestly don't understand why people hate CGI that much. There wasn't that much in the movie besides the chase scene in the jungle and the ants.

Agreed. And none of the CG really stood out and said, "HAY GUYS! I'M CG!" except the stuff at the very end.
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Fish and Chips » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:47 pm

Loved it in theaters, but critically ***1/2.
Fish and Chips

Postby animewarrior » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:17 pm

I'm stating right up that I'm not a big Indy fan to begin with so I gave the movie 3 stars .. It was good but I REALLY ... REALLY... REALLLY.... Loathe... that guy who plays Mutt (refuses to go and check name)... but that's just for reasons.... that I won't get into... I thought the movie overall was alright but not OMGSH it's AMAZING... however fans of the series will probably get mad at me if I say any more.. XD
~ The fainter the heartbeat the stronger the soul~

*They're just an incomplete group of people wishing to be whole; and to that end, they're desperately searching for something.* - Namine (Kingdom Hearts 2)
animewarrior

Postby GeneD » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:38 pm

I saw it today and wasn't too nuts about it. It wasn't like it was bad though, just not that great. I actually wanted to go see Iron man, but I was out-voted so maybe that made a difference.

I actually liked the guy who plays Mutt (not enough to go check the name though). And I liked that they brought his mother back, that was cute.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Saj » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:27 am

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1232126) wrote:I honestly don't understand why people hate CGI that much. There wasn't that much in the movie besides the chase scene in the jungle and the ants.

Its not that i hate CG. I dont mind CG at all, i mind the people who use CG.

To me CG should be used to Compliment a scene. for example, a sci-fi scene in a building, cg can be used to have flying cars or ships passing by. that kind of thing is acceptable to me.

Unfortunately you have ppl like George Lucas who make EVERYTHING, even the fly who shouldnt have been in the scene, CG.... and it gets old very quick.

When these ppl were racing through the jungle, i was asking my self if i was watching a CG movie, or a live action movie.
" ...to walk on water."

" In exchange for our humility and willingness to accept the charity of God, we are given a kingdom. And a beggars's kingdom is better than a proud man's delusion. " -- Donald Miller on Grace

Never going to let you down.
Saj

Postby jon_jinn » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:44 pm

i just watched it. ehh...it was decent. i'll give it 3 stars. it didn't meet my expectations.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:52 pm

It was okay...
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Next

Return to General Entertainment