New thread for old movie

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

New thread for old movie

Postby oro! » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:44 pm

So...all of these movie threads made me think of my recently new favorite movies of all time! :rock:
So, who else like Fiddler on the Roof? I love the classic songs, Jewish nature, and the story. One of my favorite scenes is the dream sequence that Tevye tells his wife to persuade her to let her daughter marry for love. It's just so dramatic...
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:16 pm

XD Your favorite scene has one of my favorite songs in that play! Fiddler will always be special to me because it was the first play I was in when I was in school. XD The music is gorgeous as is the story, and I love Tevye's character. XD I got to see the play Off-Broadway once, and it was so excellent! Tevye's actor especially did an awesome job; he was so fun to watch. XD Glad to see that other people are familiar with that film/play, though; it's one of my all-time favorites!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:19 am

I saw Fiddler on the Roof last year. I liked it, but I was jetlagged at the time, so I can't really remember much in any coherent fashion. I remember I liked Tevye's conversations with God, though.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby creed4 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:10 pm

It's a good movie. The Fiddler's the most interesting character.
Tis No Fool to lose what he can not keep to gain what he can never lose.
What does it profit a man to gain the World yet lose his soul.
Choose Life that you Might live.
creed4

Return to General Entertainment