Runaways heads for film

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Runaways heads for film

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu May 22, 2008 8:50 am

Marvel Comics Runaways

[quote="Sci Fi Channel"]
Runaways Heads For Film

The Marvel Comics series Runaways is getting the big-screen treatment from Marvel Studios, with Brian K. Vaughan, who co-created the series with artist Adrian Alphona, writing the adaptation, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige will act as producer. Vaughan is also a co-producer and writer on ABC's Lost.

Runaways launched in 2002 and won critical praise for its honest portrayal of teens and their issues]

[font="Book Antiqua"]
[color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Maledicte » Thu May 22, 2008 8:59 am

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!

[spoiler]Gert BETTER NOT DIE in this one[/spoiler]

How do you get all this info so fast, Roy? In any case you are doing a great service to the community :)
Maledicte

Postby yukoxholic » Thu May 22, 2008 3:41 pm

EEEEE! I am so excited!!!!!! Finally, Karolina, Nico, Chase, Molly, And Gert! I am just spinning around my room right now. ^_______^ I wasn't an Alex fan...

[spoiler] Gert BETTER NOT DIE in this one[/spoiler]

And yes, I agree with you there but I want them to stay true to the comics. That was my favorite character though aside from Molly because Molly rocks! XD
yukoxholic

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu May 22, 2008 3:41 pm

SirThinks2Much wrote:How do you get all this info so fast, Roy? In any case you are doing a great service to the community :)

Thanks, I was just up early and was checking my daily web sites for anime, comic and movie news.

Plus, I knew a few people that would be happy to hear about this. I know one that would be really happy to here about it.

[font="Book Antiqua"]
[color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Doubleshadow » Thu May 22, 2008 3:46 pm

Well, hey. I like this movie concept. I've always like the Runaways less -how shall I say it?- Superhero-y approach? XD If there is such thing as a grounded superhero comic thta includes mutants, time-travelers, and aliens, this is it.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Kkun » Fri May 23, 2008 7:55 am

I just hope they take back-handed slaps at the president every five seconds like how Vaughn does in the comics once per page.

No, seriously, I love Runaways. That's cool.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Fri May 23, 2008 8:52 am

From what I've read of the comics, I'll have to watch this, but sheesh. Can we possibly have a story where the parents AREN'T ignorant/evil/antagonists? Just once? Stupid American entertainment culture . . .

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby EricTheFred » Fri May 23, 2008 9:01 am

Raiden no Kishi (post: 1228844) wrote:From what I've read of the comics, I'll have to watch this, but sheesh. Can we possibly have a story where the parents AREN'T ignorant/evil/antagonists? Just once? Stupid American entertainment culture . . .

.rai//

As opposed to... Anime entertainment culture...?

I think this one is pretty universal. Young folks are entertained by stories that confirm their suspicions about their parents.

So, with this movie coming out, I guess now I have to work DOUBLY hard to keep my supervillain activities from my kids...
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Fri May 23, 2008 9:18 am

EricTheFred (post: 1228847) wrote:As opposed to... Anime entertainment culture...?

I think this one is pretty universal. Young folks are entertained by stories that confirm their suspicions about their parents.

So, with this movie coming out, I guess now I have to work DOUBLY hard to keep my supervillain activities from my kids...

True, but being an American, I see our entertainment reeking of the theme, and thus I condemn it. I haven't the experience to speak about other cultures.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Raiden no Kishi

Postby Kkun » Fri May 23, 2008 10:24 am

Then you shouldn't see the movie, Rai. If you're offended by that idea, I'd say to stay clear away because if you stripped Runaways of the idea of rebellion against evil parents, you strip it of its very lifeblood. The whole POINT of the Runaways is that adults = evil, kids = good. I don't necessarily agree with the premise, but that's its point.

Oh, and George W. Bush is stupid. That's the other point, as Vaughn makes it known frequently.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Sat May 24, 2008 12:13 pm

Kkun (post: 1228916) wrote:Then you shouldn't see the movie, Rai. If you're offended by that idea, I'd say to stay clear away because if you stripped Runaways of the idea of rebellion against evil parents, you strip it of its very lifeblood. The whole POINT of the Runaways is that adults = evil, kids = good. I don't necessarily agree with the premise, but that's its point.

Oh, and George W. Bush is stupid. That's the other point, as Vaughn makes it known frequently.

It's not the idea itself that offends me (because sometimes it happens IRL), just its prevalence without really anything to balance it. Anyway, yeah, skipping it.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

Raiden no Kishi

Return to General Entertainment