New Narnia Movie

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Kkun » Sun May 18, 2008 10:55 am

Dear Nate,

I will kill you later for talking trash about Regina Spektor.

xoxoxoxo
Jamie

I enjoyed the movie overall. It was a good way to kill two hours. I enjoyed the first one more, but I still enjoyed this film. Eddie Izzard as Reepicheep was fantastic. I'd have more to say, but most of what I think has already been said in here. I thought it was way better than Baby Mama.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Sun May 18, 2008 10:57 am

I really would like to see a movie adaptation of The Silver Chair. I loved that book. Plus, Puddleglum.

And I'm with Nate on the song. Instrumentals, plz.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Kkun » Sun May 18, 2008 10:58 am

Raiden no Kishi (post: 1227208) wrote:I really would like to see a movie adaptation of The Silver Chair. I loved that book. Plus, Puddleglum.

And I'm with Nate on the song. Instrumentals, plz.

.rai//

At least they left the song with vocals until the VERY end. I mean, you guys are really weird for complaining about that. It was like the last MINUTE of the movie that the song started. Also, it's REGINA SPEKTOR. She's amazing, and her voice is quite suitable for a fantasy film. I don't remember thinking it was cheesy at all but I'm biased.
Kkun

Postby yukoxholic » Sun May 18, 2008 11:03 am

Nate (post: 1227206) wrote:Wait, I read that Voyage of the Dawn Treader is starting filming in October of this year. So...I'm confused. Does that mean that they're making that one right now, but they're going to sit on it until after The Silver Chair is made?

I thought the lyrics were pretty cheesy and bad... >.>

Voyage of the Dawn Treader was pushed back to 2010 since they have not found a child to fill the role of Eustace. The Silver Chair is up in the air they're hoping to make it into a feature film but they're not sure yet. Voyage of the Dawn Treader however, is going to be made or so it was stated here:

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader is scheduled for release on May 7, 2010. The Silver Chair has not been officially greenlit yet, but the filmmakers intend to make that film next, and hope to eventually produce all seven. -- narniaweb.com

I thought her lyrics were beautiful and not cheesy in the least. I think Regina Spektor is a talented songwriter. Her lyrics though considered simplistic do convey a story or hit a specific emotion (and I'm not talking about her radio hits) but not to get off topic any longer that debate is for Jam Session ;)
yukoxholic

Postby Kkun » Sun May 18, 2008 11:08 am

[quote="yukoxholic (post: 1227210)"]Voyage of the Dawn Treader was pushed back to 2010 since they have not found a child to fill the role of Eustace. The Silver Chair is up in the air they're hoping to make it into a feature film but they're not sure yet. Voyage of the Dawn Treader however, is going to be made or so it was stated here:

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader is scheduled for release on May 7, 2010. The Silver Chair has not been officially greenlit yet, but the filmmakers intend to make that film next, and hope to eventually produce all seven. -- narniaweb.com

I thought her lyrics were beautiful and not cheesy in the least. I think Regina Spektor is a talented songwriter.Her lyrics though considered simplistic do convey a story or hit a specific emotion (and I'm not talking about her radio hits) but not to get off topic any longer that debate is for Jam Session ]

Once again, yuko knows where it's at and makes me want to be her friend.
Kkun

Postby yukoxholic » Sun May 18, 2008 11:14 am

Kkun (post: 1227212) wrote:Once again, yuko knows where it's at and makes me want to be her friend.

Ok, I am feeling the Kkun music appreciation love here. :grin: Plus, it's really hard for anyone to judge a person music wise unless you've listened to all of their CDs. I never cast an opinion on something until I listen to all of their songs in there entirety.
yukoxholic

Postby Kkun » Sun May 18, 2008 11:17 am

yukoxholic (post: 1227213) wrote:Ok, I am feeling the Kkun music appreciation love here. :grin: Plus, it's really hard for anyone to judge a person music wise unless you've listened to all of their CDs. I never cast an opinion on something until I listen to all of their songs in there entirety.

For serious. As much as I like Regina's Caspian song, there's so much more to her body of work. And now, back to the movie!

Edmund was totally wicked cool.
Kkun

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun May 18, 2008 1:02 pm

Wait.

Wait wait wait.

Regina Spektor sings a song for Caspian?

Well dang, now I have to go see it. That's awesome. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Sun May 18, 2008 1:16 pm

Soviet Kitsch, Corrie, soviet Kitsch.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby yukoxholic » Sun May 18, 2008 1:35 pm

Kkun (post: 1227214) wrote:For serious. As much as I like Regina's Caspian song, there's so much more to her body of work. And now, back to the movie!

Edmund was totally wicked cool.

I really loved Edmund's character in this movie as well. He acted more mature than Peter in some respect. :D Though Edmund and Lucy are my favorites anyway.
yukoxholic

Postby Kkun » Sun May 18, 2008 4:56 pm

Etoh*the*Greato (post: 1227231) wrote:Soviet Kitsch, Corrie, soviet Kitsch.

Everyone needs to own that record. Seriously.

Darnit.

I'm just gonna go make another thread devoted to Regina in Jam Session.
Kkun

Postby Rocketshipper » Sun May 18, 2008 8:11 pm

If this series does end up cancelled prematurely, I hope they at least get to "The Silver Chair".

And I liked the ending theme too ^^.
Jessie and James, together forever!

AAML forever!

Colorado is EVIL!! Save me!!

Eternal Defender of Tracey Sketchit. If you are a Brock lover, beware ^_^

"Like the moon over
the day, my genius and brawn
are lost on these fools"-Bowser, Super Mario RPG

Confused about the meaning of the screen name??

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/RocketShipping

Go here and be enlightened ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Click the above link...I dare you.

http://community.livejournal.com/ship_manifesto/87185.html

The best essay on Junzumi shipping ever ^^.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rocketshipper
Rocketshipper

Postby Amzi Live » Sun May 18, 2008 8:16 pm

Rocketshipper (post: 1227279) wrote:If this series does end up cancelled prematurely, I hope they at least get to "The Silver Chair".

And I liked the ending theme too ^^.

I'm with you man.
Seriously I'm bummed that they might not get to make the Last Battle.
I'd like to have seen all of the books including The Horse and his Boy.
Oh,well I guess we can't have every thing in life.
[font="Arial Narrow"] Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name. Psalm86:11[/font]
Proud lurker? Join MOES,and help us stay cool.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Amzi Live

Postby Nate » Sun May 18, 2008 11:11 pm

Raiden no Kishi wrote:And I'm with Nate on the song. Instrumentals, plz.

Rai I now promote you to my new best friend.

Anyway, it hit me tonight at work why A Horse and His Boy will probably not be made anyway. If that movie got made there would be an ENORMOUS backlash from Middle-Eastern groups raising noise about racism. And well, to be honest, unlike all the "anti-woman" crap Lewis gets blamed for, there actually IS something to the claims about this book. :\ So unless they like completely changed everything about the Calormenians I can't see that movie getting made.

EDIT:
Yuko wrote:Plus, it's really hard for anyone to judge a person music wise unless you've listened to all of their CDs.

Geez people! I never said Regina Spektor sucks! She's probably super-talented and awesome! All I'm saying is this ONE SONG by her sucks! I mean, I like Copeland, they're my favorite band ever and I love them to death, but I will readily admit that they have a couple of songs that just don't do it for me. Same with They Might Be Giants, a couple of their songs are just really terrible.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby termyt » Mon May 19, 2008 6:04 am

I thoroughly enjoyed the film. I would have liked Susan's part to be larger, but, eh. If they ever get around to the Last Battle, it will be interesting to see how they handle her.

The changes made were very good and completely necessary. As written, the book would not have made a very interesting movie. There's definitely a big difference between what works in a novel and what works in a movie.

If you want to see more, support this movie.

And to answer another questions, there were no Easter Eggs during or after the credits.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby Amzi Live » Mon May 19, 2008 10:49 am

Nate (post: 1227320) wrote:Rai I now promote you to my new best friend.

Anyway, it hit me tonight at work why A Horse and His Boy will probably not be made anyway. If that movie got made there would be an ENORMOUS backlash from Middle-Eastern groups raising noise about racism. And well, to be honest, unlike all the "anti-woman" crap Lewis gets blamed for, there actually IS something to the claims about this book. :\ So unless they like completely changed everything about the Calormenians I can't see that movie getting made.

EDIT:

Geez people! I never said Regina Spektor sucks! She's probably super-talented and awesome! All I'm saying is this ONE SONG by her sucks! I mean, I like Copeland, they're my favorite band ever and I love them to death, but I will readily admit that they have a couple of songs that just don't do it for me. Same with They Might Be Giants, a couple of their songs are just really terrible.

Yep,you've really got a point there.

About Regina Spektor,I just herd something by her,and she has pretty good stuff.Found a new singer I like!
[font="Arial Narrow"] Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name. Psalm86:11[/font]
Proud lurker? Join MOES,and help us stay cool.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Amzi Live

Postby GeneD » Mon May 19, 2008 11:55 am

If I don't remember what actually happened in the book, should I read it again before I go see the movie?
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Yeshua-Knight » Mon May 19, 2008 12:04 pm

To the makers of Prince Caspian:

[spoiler]i found the conflict between peter and caspian unnecessary as i did the romance between caspian and susan, while edmund's character was a bit more low-key i thought it was refreshing to see him with more of the attitude about getting the job done and not being the coddled boy he was when he first entered narnia, lucy has yet to let me down, although i was rather disappointed that the part where aslan shares his courage with her wasn't in there, rather bummed me out to be honest[/spoiler]

i dunno, there's just some parts of a story that you expect to see in a movie, unfortunately i've been let down in both "the lion, the witch, and the wardrobe" and "prince caspian"

as i understand it, they've already started work on "the voyage of the dawn treader" and i really hope that they don't take the liberties with it that they've taken with the other two, while these movies are plenty good for the casual movie goer, for someone who's more familiar with the stories, they're most likely going to be let down in some respect
'nuff said
Yeshua-Knight

Postby Nate » Mon May 19, 2008 12:15 pm

More stuff I forgot to talk about.
USSRGirl wrote:Susan's character definitely suffered the most in this. She wasn't the same materialistic cynic she is in either the book or the first movie. Seeing as they gave most of her lines to Peter this time around, I'm wondering how (or if) they're going to explain why she never returned to Narnia. It's not at all apparent that Narnia is becoming "less real" to her at this point.

I disagree. There's even a part where Lucy says "Aren't you happy to be back in Narnia?" and Susan is just kind of "Meh whatever." Also remember that in the book it said Susan became more interested in makeup and parties and boys. And oh guess what? The romance element with Caspian SHOWS that she's becoming more interested in boys!

So imagine that. A plot change everyone is complaining about SUPPORTS the fact that Susan doesn't come back in The Last Battle. Gasp. :O

It's been years since I read the book so I don't know much about Peter being given Susan's lines. However it's obvious that Peter is the one who never really left Narnia, if you remember at the beginning Susan gets on his case and says "You're still young" or something like that and he replies "I wasn't always." Meaning he still remembers he lived many years in Narnia, and he still kind of feels like that mature adult (not to mention the respect he had as a king, completely gone now that he's back in the real world and is a nobody).

So I really don't see the complaint...I mean maybe they did change 'em a little bit but it doesn't affect the overall plot negatively in any way. *shrug*
During the part were the Narnian soldiers got trapped in Miraz's castle. They were stuck, with no way to fight back or escape. They just turned around and charged at the enemy.

Uh...what? I didn't see that at all. What I saw was the Narnian soldiers trying desperately to lift the gate and yelling at Peter, while they were mowed down by the crossbow bolts. I didn't see a single one turn back and charge at the enemy, they all seemed to be obsessed with trying to get through that gate.

Nate

Postby Yeshua-Knight » Mon May 19, 2008 12:33 pm

well, considering the fact that in the movie they illustrated her interaction with other young men her own age, wouldn't it perhaps have been a better illustration to show her being interested in boys from her own world rather than caspian?
'nuff said
Yeshua-Knight

Postby Nate » Mon May 19, 2008 12:41 pm

If you remember, she thought the dude from the beginning of the movie was such a geek that she avoided him altogether. At the end of the movie it seemed like she wasn't so keen on avoiding him. Caspian might have been the "trigger" that set off her interest in boys, and since Aslan already told her she wasn't coming back to Narnia anyway, she figures, "Okay, well, I'll find a nice guy here then."

Besides considering 98% of the movie took place in Narnia's world, it would be rather difficult to show her being interested in boys from her own world. So the best they could do is show that the guy she was trying so desperately to get away from at the beginning, wasn't so bad to her now.

See? If you actually watch the movie instead of just saying "It wasn't like the book so it's bad!" you might catch these things. ;)

Nate

Postby ~darkelfgirl~ » Mon May 19, 2008 6:13 pm

I haven't read the book yet so it wasn't a huge slap to me, lol. I started it a couple of years ago, but never finished. My sister, who's a Narnia fan, didn't seem bothered by the changes. Well, except the fact that her bishie got kissed by Susan *shrug*.

termyt wrote:And to answer another questions, there were no Easter Eggs during or after the credits.

Good. Those usually get me.
Wait--but there was this one part in the trailer of two people getting out of a car? (I don't know, maybe I was dreaming or watching something else). I thought that would be (gotta go into spoiler mode since I'm not sure)

[spoiler] the life of the three Telmarines who decided to go to the normal world?[/spoiler]
[color=purple][font=Tahoma][color=royalblue]"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."--[/color]Isaiah 40:31
[/font]
[/color]
~darkelfgirl~

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Mon May 19, 2008 7:20 pm

Um. Thought here from a guy's perspective.

[spoiler] Re: Caspian and Susan - isn't it sort of cruel to kiss a guy, and then be all, "Bye! I'm off to another world, never to return!" Srsly. Narnia under the Witch wasn't that cold. [/spoiler]

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon May 19, 2008 7:55 pm

The movie only did 50 mil its opening, and movies always go downhill after their first week (with very few exceptions, sleeper hits like Napoleon Dynamite)

Unless something drastic happens, and this film makes back the other 50 or so million, there won't be any more new narnia movies... This will be worse than the BBC stuff, ending at Silver Chair. It will end here... Man... Many people say it's because Disney released it at the wrong time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Souba » Mon May 19, 2008 7:55 pm

[color="RoyalBlue"]I dunno if any of you caught the Rachel Ray show, or can find the interview on youtube, but Ben Barnes mentioned that in a few months he would begin filming the next movie, I also recall the narniafan site saying that they had scouted for places to film Voyage shortly after the first film was released on DVD. So I think we'll see Voyage before Silver Chair.
Beloved in Grace,
Souba [/color]
@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~

[color="RoyalBlue"]We are not saved by the Law, but by Grace[/color]

@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~
Souba

Location: Second star to the right and straight on until morning!

Postby termyt » Tue May 20, 2008 5:54 am

GeneD (post: 1227394) wrote:If I don't remember what actually happened in the book, should I read it again before I go see the movie?

No. Re-read it after. I'm of the school of thought that the movie should be allowed to tell it's own story. Having the book too fresh in your mind will cause you to try to second-guess what's coming up in the movie.
Nate (post: 1227406) wrote: Uh...what? I didn't see that at all. What I saw was the Narnian soldiers trying desperately to lift the gate and yelling at Peter, while they were mowed down by the crossbow bolts. I didn't see a single one turn back and charge at the enemy, they all seemed to be obsessed with trying to get through that gate.
Yep. That totally happened. Many of the trapped Narnians turned to face the attackers. To little avail, though, since they were on the battlements firing down. A pretty realistic depiction of a battle inside of a castle, actually.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby Gabriel 9.0 » Tue May 20, 2008 6:13 am

It looks like it will be very good.
Some of my favorite scriptures.

Psalm91
A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

Hebrews 4-4
1Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

James 4
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Gabriel 9.0

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Tue May 20, 2008 9:10 am

Well, the only reviewer who matters to me chipped in. Joe Loves Crappy Movies gave a generally positive review.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Tue May 20, 2008 12:06 pm

Nate wrote:Uh...what? I didn't see that at all. What I saw was the Narnian soldiers trying desperately to lift the gate and yelling at Peter, while they were mowed down by the crossbow bolts. I didn't see a single one turn back and charge at the enemy, they all seemed to be obsessed with trying to get through that gate.

Actually there was only one they sorta half heartedly showed charging. By half heartedly i mean it was in the back round and barely showed at all. Was a single centair that nodded to the main one and charged toward them.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Tommy » Tue May 20, 2008 12:45 pm

Nate (post: 1227320) wrote:Rai I now promote you to my new best friend.

Same goes for nearly every movie that deals with terrorism these days.
Anyone remember when Aladdin got backlashed for being politically incorrect in reference to Middle Eastern culture? Funny how that was at a blatant kid's movie.

As for Prince Caspain, I'm seeing it as a field trip on Thursday.
I don't know what to expect but I don't expect much.
This was easily my favorite book in the series too.
Yes, I read them all in third grade.

I need to reread "The Horse and His Boy" though.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment