Updated news on 3D CGI animated Star Wars: The Clone Wars series.

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon May 19, 2008 12:29 am

O_O I saw a preview for this...and I about died.
The animation looks HORRIBLE
granted, I think it reflects the cartoon, but stiiill.

Not seeing this. It looks like it should be a "Come to DVD" movie.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby termyt » Mon May 19, 2008 5:43 am

ShiroiHikari (post: 1226956) wrote:Yeah, I've had it with the prequels. What about Luke, Leia, Han and Lando? Are they not cool enough now or something?
I think a big part of that is the fans, by and large, were happy with the story told in the original trilogy. It has a feeling of completeness to it.

With the second trilogy, Lucas failed to tell the story many of us wanted to see leaving us wanting for a good story to be found in there somewhere.

Almost mindblowing how the creator of the first three movies and the creator of the second three are the same person. It's proof that people change. In 20 years, Lucas lost his ability to tell an engaging story.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby NekoChan_C » Wed May 28, 2008 7:12 pm

Hmm... I suppose that I am just easily pleased then, because although the animation didn't impress me, I was still hyped to see it, because it's Star Wars!!! That being said... GT's animated Clone Wars for Cartoon Network will leave it with some big shoes to fill, IMO...
And I personally don't like GT's style of animation, but... for some reason, it just "worked" for me in SW:CW...

I look forward to the new movie, the new cartoon series, and (hopefully) some new media from Post Ep. VI...

And whether we like it or not, Lucas created Star Wars and has the right to do with it as he sees fit... Thomas Harris stood behind his Silence of the Lambs sequel novel, Hannibal, even though people eschewed it greatly... and Lucas is free to do the same.

...just my two cents... :)
http://myspace.com/shura_no_hana
XBox Gamertag: NekoChan Cruz
PSN Gamer ID: Neko no Ichi
http://neko-chan-cruz.livejournal.com/
NekoChan_C

Postby Gabriel 9.0 » Thu May 29, 2008 10:14 pm

The preview of the film looks, interesting, but tbh. I'm pretty much tired of Star Wars. Now it may be good , however I'm not rushing to the theater to see it like I unfortunately did with the prequel trilogy. When is Peter Jackson going to film that Halo film to bring something fresh to theaters:?:?
Some of my favorite scriptures.

Psalm91
A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

Hebrews 4-4
1Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

James 4
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Gabriel 9.0

Postby Nate » Thu May 29, 2008 10:26 pm

Gabriel 9.0 wrote:When is Peter Jackson going to film that Halo film to bring something fresh to theaters:?:?

The tenth of never.

Also aren't the words "Halo" and "fresh" mutually exclusive?

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Gabriel 9.0 » Thu May 29, 2008 10:34 pm

Nate (post: 1231140) wrote:The tenth of never.

Also aren't the words "Halo" and "fresh" mutually exclusive?

:lol: Yeah. But Peter Jackson said it will be made sometime in the future. Hopefully that is true still.
Some of my favorite scriptures.

Psalm91
A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

Hebrews 4-4
1Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

James 4
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Gabriel 9.0

Postby Kurama » Thu May 29, 2008 10:51 pm

Dang, Halo and Peter Jackson? A combination for epic Win. LOL
Kurama

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Fri May 30, 2008 7:03 am

I think that movie received the beatdown. I don't think it's getting made.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri May 30, 2008 3:57 pm

The script is written, but disagreements over distribution rights have repeatedly sent this project in and out of pre-production. Some of those involved have said the project is "dead", but Peter Jackson, the executive producer, continues to claim that this film will get made.

Its still on hold and I hope it says dead. I heard that a strong possibility that Michael Bay will be slated to be the director, if this thing does get work out.

[font="Book Antiqua"]
[color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang
[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Previous

Return to General Entertainment